1. Post #481
    November 2009
    1,813 Posts
    I'm really loving the PKP, it's a nice solid gun, I use it with Kick and Grip that mean it hads fantastic control at range, that along with the javelin make it a tank class, The Javelin it's self it a hidden gem of oa weapon I think, it's fantastic in demolition/dropzone, or most objective modes if you know how to use it, I will use it alot on Lockdown((It 's arm distance is perfect there, if under one of the building bridge things, if your at the edge and fire it will clear the bridge before going up.) That map in Somalia, is fantastic.

Anyone else here a Javelin lover? I never see anyone else use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,174 Posts
    The other day I was playing with a friend on the MW2 Specops mission Homeland Security when we heard what we thought were HL2 Strider noises in the distance, then I made a joke about how it could be Combine VS US VS Russians.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #483
    September 2008
    711 Posts
    I'm really loving the PKP, it's a nice solid gun, I use it with Kick and Grip that mean it hads fantastic control at range, that along with the javelin make it a tank class, The Javelin it's self it a hidden gem of oa weapon I think, it's fantastic in demolition/dropzone, or most objective modes if you know how to use it, I will use it alot on Lockdown((It 's arm distance is perfect there, if under one of the building bridge things, if your at the edge and fire it will clear the bridge before going up.) That map in Somalia, is fantastic.

Anyone else here a Javelin lover? I never see anyone else use it.
    I love using the Javelin when playing domination. It's greats for clearing out a site while its being captured or before going in for the capture. Along with SCAR for some closer encounters when going in for the capture/defense after it hits. My only issue with it is that the Javelin only comes with 1 missile, and I never get new ones from Scavenger Pro. But that aside its my favorite launcher and the only one I've gotten a triple kill with.

4. Post #484
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I got 5 MOABS in infection tonight! Woo! That makes 6 in total.

5. Post #485
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,264 Posts
    i haven't even gotten one because the lobbies i'm in are retarded and i swear they get a commando lunge somehow.

and i'm also disliking the whole accuracy by volume of bullets in this game, strikers, PP90s, akimbo machine pistols (though i'm getting killed less and less by it)

Edited:

and its not something i can really avoid because 30% of the games played are on Hardhat or Dome...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #486
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    Don't forget Seatown.

7. Post #487
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,264 Posts
    Seatown i can definitely manage by keeping myself on the edges of the maps and there are some decent lines of sight i can look for without too much risk of being sprayed. In fact Seatown is my favorite map thus far. Definitely would love to see some MW2 maps come in though, they were the shit.

8. Post #488
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I mean in infection everyone just goes up on that bridge. That's how I got my MOABS on that map.

9. Post #489
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,264 Posts
    i mean i've never tried going for a moab, or be that much of a dick, but i'll certainly try it at some point. Only thing you're vulnerable to over there is throwing knives, almost no way to dodge without falling

10. Post #490
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    They've taken throwing knives our for some reason or another. It's fun to get MOABS up there though. :) I eventually get killed though.

11. Post #491
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,264 Posts
    what since when? literally i just played yesterday and every striker game i was in had throwing knives

12. Post #492
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    Since today. Idk why, it just makes it way unfair. Especially when they're in a spot that you can literally not reach at all.

13. Post #493
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,264 Posts
    then i should go back and try it out, all i did was find a nice area and go prone, go make a sandwich, come back to see i'm dead but only after 15 other guys died.

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,764 Posts
    The temptation to play soundboards in the infected playlist is there, I think i might do it.

Edit - I think once i get the achivements for survival, and help out with that last spec-ops mission my friend has to do. I'll be trading this in. Cant stop ranting on about the poor decisions made in this game, both gameplay and map design wise.

Also, is it 24/7 Mission today? Jesus fuck, thats all i've had today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #495
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,573 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to treyach's next cod, I seem to find you get more out of treyach than IW. IW isn't as gorey and "dark" as treyach.

Black ops was hell fun, I loved every bit of it because it all linked up, I hope they do the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Yeah I must say I liked Black Ops more than MW2 and I think I'm starting to dislike MW3 aswell, though it isn't terrible. Yup, hoping for Treyarch's next game to be good. It'll be interesting to see which theme/setting they take.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

17. Post #497
    November 2009
    1,813 Posts
    as sour as it is, I'd love a return to the second world war, and make those SMGs lesser deities as to what they were in COD 5. because the nice mix of weapons that aren't full auto blasters with no down side. I mean at least LMGs slow you the hell down and take forever to reload. I personally loved playing as a Banzai soldier, hiding in the grass. ninja people with my bayonetEdited:I'm now also noticing that Javelins get fooled by flares, I NEVER saw that before a few days ago....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #498
    October 2010
    378 Posts
    as sour as it is, I'd love a return to the second world war, and make those SMGs lesser deities as to what they were in COD 5. because the nice mix of weapons that aren't full auto blasters with no down side. I mean at least LMGs slow you the hell down and take forever to reload. I personally loved playing as a Banzai soldier, hiding in the grass. ninja people with my bayonet
    I would also like to play COD 5 but actually balanced and not a giant clusterfuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    July 2009
    9,811 Posts
    Ive got a question, maybe you guys can help me with it.

Why would anybody use the Bolt Action Sniper Rifles? The Autosnipers(except the Dragunov and the RSASS) kill with 1 shot to the upper body as well and you dont have to go through that animation all the time. It just doesnt make any sense to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

20. Post #500
    June 2009
    3,411 Posts
    I haven't got MW3 but I really want to try Infected. It looks so fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

21. Post #501
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #502
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,825 Posts
    holy shit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #503
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I'm lucky to get 1 kill with a semtex. Fucking hitmarkers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #504
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,573 Posts
    I find throwing flashbangs in mw3 is the best way to assist your team in getting kills
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #505
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I find throwing flashbangs in mw3 is the best way to assist your team in getting kills
    I suppose it's better than running out there and dying yourself.

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,131 Posts
    I find throwing flashbangs is an awesome indicator to tell you whether where you're going is empty or not.
    I don't even care about flashing my enemies, I just want to know if they're there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #507
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    Not to mention the recon perk is incredibly helpful in situations like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #508
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,264 Posts
    yeah once i get to 4th prestige, likely level up that perk, exceptionally useful, but can't be bothered to level it up simply because i'll prestige and it'll go to waste
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,245 Posts
    I found Black Ops more enjoyable than MW2 and much more than MW3. I put Black Ops on par with Call of Duty 4, with World at War coming in at a close third.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #510
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    I don't know why but i just flat out didn't like black ops multiplayer. I didn't find any of the killstreaks or guns rewarding to use, but i guess i just SUCK.

31. Post #511
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    For some reason, a lot of people disliked Treyarch games simply because they just aren't fast paced like IW games. People found WaW quite annoying, but I loved it. People found Black Ops very bland, which it was, but for some reason I still played the living hell out of it and maxed out my prestige at 15. Something just seems balanced in Treyarch games, compared to IW ones. But I still play all of them.

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    I like Treyarch and IW games, I must be weird. That being said I got bored of MW3 REALLY quickly, and even though I still want to get back into it, I can never force myself to start it up.

33. Post #513
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    Plus its not like in mw2 where any gun that not alot of people use can be mastered for its proper usage (ie use p90 as mid range gun, fn2000 as all range gun) but in black ops everyone uses the same gun and nothing else and it just fucking sucks dick

34. Post #514
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    Plus its not like in mw2 where any gun that not alot of people use can be mastered for its proper usage (ie use p90 as mid range gun, fn2000 as all range gun) but in black ops everyone uses the same gun and nothing else and it just fucking sucks dick
    I feel that way about MW3. I mean, look at all the proficiencies. At first, I felt the Type 95 was like that. It could be used as an AR, SMG, shotgun sniper... anything. But recently, it's not been so much like that. Still you can get the range proficiency on like anything, so you can use it at close or long range. It's especially good on the PP90M1. I understand how you feel though, like with the FAMAS. I basically only used that, the Galil and believe it or not the Olympia shotgun. Maybe even the MP5 sometimes.

35. Post #515
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    holy shit its like people arent even trying anymore all they do is use an ump and akimbo fmgs

thats it

16 moabs so pro

36. Post #516
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    holy shit its like people arent even trying anymore all they do is use an ump and akimbo fmgs

thats it

16 moabs so pro
    Yep, everyone takes the easy way out. No creativity.

37. Post #517
    July 2008
    2,134 Posts
    i mean the thing with me having fun with mw2 was using weapons that felt challenging and rewarding to use.

intervention, m16a4, fn2000, any smg other then ump, its whats fun. trying to take the 'easy way out' is no fun and is just ruining everyone elses.

also what the fuck these maps are so small it forces quick scoping

38. Post #518
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    i mean the thing with me having fun with mw2 was using weapons that felt challenging and rewarding to use.

intervention, m16a4, fn2000, any smg other then ump, its whats fun. trying to take the 'easy way out' is no fun and is just ruining everyone elses.

also what the fuck these maps are so small it forces quick scoping
    IW created sniping for quickscopers. They claim to listen to their community, but continue to add things the majority dislikes. Whatever though, lots of the people who do it suck anyway and never actually play the objective. I went 38-9 sniping with an MSR last night and caught every single drop zone while also pulling off some cool quickscopes. (Not purposely, they popped up on me)

39. Post #519
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,573 Posts
    If I was to chose the best 3 cods

1. Cod4
    2. Black Ops
    3. WaW

IW just sucks at making cods nowadays and treyach knows how to make a COD more interesting than it should, too me it doesn't feel like a call of duty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #520
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,245 Posts
    When anyone says "CoD is shit after CoD4", they're wrong.

WaW was a bash and revamped the whole WWII thing (and zombies!)

MW2 was a hilarious clusterfuck of fun that gave hours of cool things to do

Black Ops was also a nice refreshment, new level system, balance, WAY better storyline, great maps

MW3. No.

But seriously, the only Black Ops map I didn't like was Discovery, because no one voted for it and I played on it like 2 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)