1. Post #41
    October 2007
    1,026 Posts
    Pithum A-Type Medium Shield *heart skips a beat* Transporter *dies inside*
    Damn it CCP, gimme some REAL loot!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,994 Posts
    I'll take it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #43
    August 2007
    122 Posts
    All sold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,802 Posts

One thing which really irritates me with the EVE community, and it certainly isn't just in this thread, is the obsession with efficiency. I fly what I fly because it is fun, not because it is the best fitting ever. I mean, god forbid someone try a fitting slightly different than the one everyone uses.

While I share this sentiment, it must be stated that there's a pretty goddamn good reason certain fits are used in certain applications. I've found that using these fits tends to generate more fun per isk than going entirely your own way. There is a little wiggle room here and there, but from what I can see you're so far off the beaten path you can't even see the streetlights.

If it works, fine. use it. I'm not gonna sit here and try to tell you what to fit. But just the same I wouldn't be flying that ship with that fit either, I'd be much much more in line with the norm, Especially if I was flying Amarr, or still flying Gallente, given how cap sensitive their weapons are.

Oh, and if you don't want to train cap skills, fly Minmatar or Caldari. Missile and projectile turrets use next to no cap, so you won't need anywhere near as many cap modules to keep everything running. They do use a fair amount of powergrid, I had to train Advanced Weapon Upgrades to level three in order to fit the six 720mm Howitzers on my Hurricane in any semblance of a useful manner, but if you use autocannons you shouldn't have much trouble there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,538 Posts
    One thing which really irritates me with the EVE community, and it certainly isn't just in this thread, is the obsession with efficiency.
    Ugh I was trying to run an industry company (ships and modules, tech 1) and I got tons of idiots like you. They insisted it was better to mine every single mineral we needed rather than mine the most expensive one exclusively, sell it, and buy the cheaper stuff. By running my own operations efficiently, I made 3x as much money in the same amount of time than if I did it their way. With that money, I got bigger implants, raising my skills faster so I could fly more ships with better builds so I could have more fun... and be more efficient while I did it.

Efficiency and fun are not mutually exclusive. And on that note, being forced to play with teammates who don't have your best intentions in mind (let alone their own) is a real pain in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #46
    August 2009
    1,072 Posts
    Oh, and if you don't want to train cap skills, fly Minmatar or Caldari. Missile and projectile turrets use next to no cap, so you won't need anywhere near as many cap modules to keep everything running. They do use a fair amount of powergrid, I had to train Advanced Weapon Upgrades to level three in order to fit the six 720mm Howitzers on my Hurricane in any semblance of a useful manner, but if you use autocannons you shouldn't have much trouble there.
    Missiles and projectiles actually use 0 cap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,802 Posts
    Missiles and projectiles actually use 0 cap.

Thanks for reiterating what I said. :P

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,787 Posts
    Thanks for reiterating what I said. :P
    "next to no cap" made it seem like you were implying they use cap, but not a lot of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,994 Posts
    Ugh I was trying to run an industry company (ships and modules, tech 1) and I got tons of idiots like you. They insisted it was better to mine every single mineral we needed rather than mine the most expensive one exclusively, sell it, and buy the cheaper stuff. By running my own operations efficiently, I made 3x as much money in the same amount of time than if I did it their way. With that money, I got bigger implants, raising my skills faster so I could fly more ships with better builds so I could have more fun... and be more efficient while I did it.

Efficiency and fun are not mutually exclusive. And on that note, being forced to play with teammates who don't have your best intentions in mind (let alone their own) is a real pain in the ass.
    On this note: I fly expensive ships where I know the increased price makes a considerable difference.
    If I cared about efficiency, I would fly a drake when doing herp derp stuff.
    For fun, I fly a 1b isk 100mn Tengu instead.

At least the Tengu, in this situation, offers some advantages over the drake, with better damage, range, and eWar Abilities.
    There's one thing spending alot of isk on a shiny, specialized ship, with small returns for your investment,
    but then there's spending a bunch of money on a poorly fit, ~~cooler~~ ship that does the same thing, but worse than the cheap alternative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,159 Posts
    Whats a good shiny shield ship for incursions?

I'm in a nightmare right now, but somehow I feel inadequate.

I see vindicators and machariels a lot more than I see nightmares.

11. Post #51
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Pulse nightmare is up there man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,802 Posts
    "next to no cap" made it seem like you were implying they use cap, but not a lot of it.
    It's a figure of speech on this side of the pond that means 'nothing' or 'a negligible amount'. If one says something costs next to no money, it means the cost is so low as to be negligible. Indeed, in the context I used it, it means they use no cap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,866 Posts
    Please don't try to pass that off as an Americanism when you were just being imprecise/wrong.

Edited:

The difference between "nothing" and a "negligible amount" is the difference between having your mods shut off from neuts or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,159 Posts
    Pulse nightmare is up there man
    Still doesn't explain why I see 3-4 vindis/ machs for every nightmare I see.
    They're all priced around the same so it can't be price.

Is it because vindis and machs have more DPS?

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,802 Posts
    Please don't try to pass that off as an Americanism when you were just being imprecise/wrong.

Didn't know James May played EvE Online. 'Sup James!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    Pretty irrelevant, considering that the cap mods will be dealt with in time, and that I'm not going to sell the abaddon for an oversized rifle.
    Unless you use it in pvp, you should get rid of the Abaddon. It's not a good mission ship at all; it's slow, it struggles with cap, and you need to jam pack it with tracking mods to do any real damage to sub-BS ships.

One thing which really irritates me with the EVE community, and it certainly isn't just in this thread, is the obsession with efficiency. I fly what I fly because it is fun, not because it is the best fitting ever. I mean, god forbid someone try a fitting slightly different than the one everyone uses.
    When it comes to running missions, if you're not looking to be efficient, then you should go full-on dick around mode. In other words, gather up all your corpies and use frigates to run L4s with a single logi and see how long you guys can last. Don't shit fit an Abaddon to run L3s and try to play the "I just want to have fun" card, just admit you don't know what the hell you're doing. T1 cruisers can out-damage that fit you posted, that's not a good thing at all.

17. Post #57
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    I should really jump back on Eve, last thing I done was finish training skills for a Jaguar so I could actually stand a good chance PvPing but that was like 3 weeks ago and I never went on to update my skill queue.

In fact I think I'll do that when I'm back home later today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,733 Posts

Damn that's one nice looking ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,994 Posts
    I can't see it, is it behind the space banana?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    2,977 Posts
    I can't see it, is it behind the space banana?
    the purifier is a better space banana

21. Post #61
    November 2010
    1,384 Posts
    I am looking to get back into EVE if SWTOR becomes boring. My main problems are that I have trouble getting off the ground in terms of isk. I have gone into lowsec a couple of times and went on wolfpack hunts, but often times someone rips me a new one, or I find no one.

Tips?

22. Post #62
    January 2010
    3,063 Posts
    kill all the russians in eve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,925 Posts
    i haven't had time to play for a long time now. I was wondering what the new t3 bc are used for most of the time. And also is there one ship that is supirior in one role?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Croatia Show Events

24. Post #64
    August 2009
    1,072 Posts
    i haven't had time to play for a long time now. I was wondering what the new t3 bc are used for most of the time. And also is there one ship that is supirior in one role?
    Basically, cheap(er) BS-level DPS. All are also very usable sniper platforms (Talos is the worst for that, though). They seem pretty bad for solo work, since they can't track so well and have the EHP of a T1 cruiser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

25. Post #65
    January 2009
    3,860 Posts
    It's also hilarious to undock, jam them when they're shooting someone, and warp off.
    Though that goes for pretty much any shiptype i guess.

26. Post #66
    October 2007
    1,026 Posts
    Too many cloakies. How do you catch cloakies in low-sec? On that note, MWD-Cloak drakes/anything are getting really old.. they basically guarantee a safe pass through low sec.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,159 Posts
    Too many cloakies. How do you catch cloakies in low-sec? On that note, MWD-Cloak drakes/anything are getting really old.. they basically guarantee a safe pass through low sec.
    "Dude some guy said its really old we should totally just autopilot in low sec now"

Old, but smart. Why risk your ship if you can avoid it?

Side Note: Want to get into a WH merc corp, but I won't bother lying, I'll one of the biggest care bears in EVE.

Only PvP experience was me in a fleet shooting at a POS in a wormhole.

So I know you gotta have a nice K:D / ISK Destroyed:ISK Lost Ratio, and some references.

Know any noob PvP corps I can join to work my way up?

28. Post #68
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I can always offer you reimbursed tackle position, but high-sec only and we aren't in any wars at the moment. I can still teach you.

29. Post #69
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,421 Posts
    I can always offer you reimbursed tackle position, but high-sec only and we aren't in any wars at the moment. I can still teach you.
    A did a shitfit rifter and skilled up but you were never on. So I switched to doing missions with a friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #70
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I'm always available on steam. That's why I added you

31. Post #71
    October 2009
    572 Posts
    Ooooh baby!

http://media.us.macmillan.com/video/...WT.mc_id=10367
    http://media.us.macmillan.com/video/..._DRAKE_MIX.mov
    http://media.us.macmillan.com/video/...VERN_FINAL.mov

Videos from the new EVE book Templar One. Haven't started reading it yet but should be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    January 2009
    3,860 Posts
    Oooooh. Crew numbers, with and without capsules. 50 poor souls for a battlecruiser, it seems.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts

This was a fun bug. We kinda sat there a few minutes playing tug of war until kusa tugged it to his ship and salvaged it.

34. Post #74
    March 2009
    1,917 Posts
    I'd love to see them release crew sizes for the rest of the ships in EVE. Maybe put it in ship info. Do Gallente ships have a lot more of their systems automated? I think I recall reading something about that which would explain the considerably smaller crew on the Myrmidon compared to the Drake.

35. Post #75
    January 2009
    3,860 Posts
    I'd love to see them release crew sizes for the rest of the ships in EVE. Maybe put it in ship info. Do Gallente ships have a lot more of their systems automated? I think I recall reading something about that which would explain the considerably smaller crew on the Myrmidon compared to the Drake.
    I'd imagine the drone expertise would apply here, yeah. Expect Amarr ships to be veritable slaveboats.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,866 Posts
    http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ne...rew_guidelines

Edited:

You were pretty much dead-on, lads

37. Post #77
    March 2009
    1,917 Posts
    Nice link, I'd still like to see specifics for each ship but the information there is still nice to see. Until now the only ship crew size I really had any idea about was a non-capsuleer frigate and that was just from reading one of the chronicles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    January 2009
    3,860 Posts
    Imagine if the info page had a 'lore' tab for stuff like that, the pre in-depth knowledge the description doesn't cover. Tie it into that new lore wiki thing they're doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    http://i.imgur.com/F7aJJ.jpg
    I got a tattoo today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 3 (list)