1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,159 Posts
    That's because you're mining in a cruiser, and you're doing it wrong.

Plant like 6 passworded GSCs at your belt, mine in a retriever or better, then when all cans are full, retrieve with an industrial.

Rinse and repeat.

Also don't mine anything but Kernite if you're in HS.

Don't mine at all.
    You can find much higher isk/time ratios in other activities.

Its a good way to play eve AFK though if thats what you do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    April 2011
    160 Posts
    That's because you're mining in a cruiser, and you're doing it wrong.

Plant like 6 passworded GSCs at your belt, mine in a retriever or better, then when all cans are full, retrieve with an industrial.

Rinse and repeat.

Also don't mine anything but Kernite if you're in HS.
    Ah, so Kernite is the way to go then. It's just my 60 day mining alt, training only mining skills and the Osprey has a pretty good mining amount with the right skills, atleast it seems. also heard it's the best trial mining ship. But damn, mining in EvE is the boringest shit I've ever done in a game.

Don't mine at all.
    You can find much higher isk/time ratios in other activities.

Its a good way to play eve AFK though if thats what you do
    Ye, I did AFK mining, although it's a pain in the ass to drop off and head back, start firing those lasers and the cargo is full in 120 repeat 50 times, bam 4 million isk, Bill gates erryday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    I was hoping for a better response, not what the ingame info page tells me already, but ok.
    I'm not kidding. Dictors attract more stray fire than anything else.

Also Cynos are something ships with jumpdrives or portal generators lock onto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #284
    January 2009
    3,912 Posts
    The rat bounties in null make me feel pain when looking at mining income numbers.

Also yeah a cyno is a brightass beacon that ships with jump drives (captals, supercapitals, jump freighters, black ops?) can jump to if they've got enough fuel and are in fleet. Said beacon is visible and warpable from anywhere in the system (except covert cynos), and the ship maintaining it is a complete sitting duck.

5. Post #285
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,076 Posts
    Wow, thanks. I heard Black Ops ships are bad, is there any truth to this?

Also, what are Cynos?
    In a general fight yes there bad. But ganking, "oh my".

Cyno's are a created via a Cyno Generator that allow black ops Jump Drive or Portal as well as Capital jump drives to lock on to it from X amount of jumps. The cyno requires He-3 and has a cycle time of 30 seconds(i think) once active the ship can not move.

Edited:

WIZARD YOUR A NIJARD.

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,947 Posts
    Interdiction is for fast tackle as well as warp-ins(get behind the enemy fleet and warp to a distance) that's close enough to the enemy fleet. They do well at this because they go about 4000(6000 m/s overheated).
    surely you are thinking of interceptors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,018 Posts
    I hope they redo the tempest's model someday- and put the amarr/minnie v3 skins up on sisi soon.

A man can dream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Someone in my corp told me you can only jump through multiple regions in nullsec, is this true?

Edited:

With a Jump Freighter of course.

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,018 Posts
    Is there an influx of new posters/players or is it just me?

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    Someone in my corp told me you can only jump through multiple regions in nullsec, is this true?

Edited:

With a Jump Freighter of course.
    Not true, a subcapital ship would still have to get there to light the cyno :')
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #291
    March 2009
    2,077 Posts
    Is there an influx of new posters/players or is it just me?
    I've noticed it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #292
    May 2010
    267 Posts
    Meh.. I've been thinking of returning to EVE Online after over a year of inactivity.

I got fed up when I lost my 40m ISK ship last winter and haven't played since. I've played EVE Online on and off since 2008, but believe it or not: last winter was the first time I entered lowsec, did missions and actually used weapons. Before I that, I had only hauled, mined and traded. Then my expensive ship got gatecamped and I lost all interest.

That's why I'm never going to do any of those things again.. But trading and hauling in highsec does seem interesting. I just don't know if it's worth it, those things seem interesting but quickly get boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #293
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    According to a corpmate hauling is shit for money.

Edited:

People really underpay in contracts, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    Meh.. I've been thinking of returning to EVE Online after over a year of inactivity.

I got fed up when I lost my 40m ISK ship last winter and haven't played since. I've played EVE Online on and off since 2008, but believe it or not: last winter was the first time I entered lowsec, did missions and actually used weapons. Before I that, I had only hauled, mined and traded. Then my expensive ship got gatecamped and I lost all interest.

That's why I'm never going to do any of those things again.. But trading and hauling in highsec does seem interesting. I just don't know if it's worth it, those things seem interesting but quickly get boring.
    You should PvP =)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,222 Posts
    Yeah definitely PvP in nullsec, loose so many ships you stop giving a fuck about loosing them.

16. Post #296
    May 2010
    267 Posts
    You should PvP =)
    That seems dangerous and I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose my ship.. Hell, I've got a Drake and I paniced when one belt rat frigate attacked me in highsec. I'm just not that interested in the violent aspect of EVE, I'm too paranoid about losing my ship.. :/

That's why I've got ships like Drake and Noctis that I never use.. Noctis is useless because there's no salvage in highsec and I'm too paranoid to use Drake; even in highsec or in noob missions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    That seems dangerous and I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose my ship.. Hell, I've got a Drake and I paniced when one belt rat frigate attacked me in highsec. I'm just not that interested in the violent aspect of EVE, I'm too paranoid about losing my ship.. :/

That's why I've got ships like Drake and Noctis that I never use.. Noctis is useless because there's no salvage in highsec and I'm too paranoid to use Drake; even in highsec or in noob missions.
    You might be playing the wrong game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #298
    May 2010
    267 Posts
    You might be playing the wrong game
    Not really. Despite the occasional HHJYUPFEHHJGGCHGRRRRR FUCK YOU-moments, EVE is a really interesting game and I really enjoy playing it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Are you unable to engage in lowsec next to stargates? If so how do gate campers work?

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    Are you unable to engage in lowsec next to stargates? If so how do gate campers work?
    If you attack someone without the right to, you will lose sec status, be flagged Global Criminal (Anyone can rape ur anus), and the stations and gates will shoot you for 15 minutes.

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,222 Posts

I actually bought my first drake two weeks ago, whenever a neut comes into the system im ratting in i warp around like a madman and leave, but i just know *at some point* this drake is going to get blown up, i probably shouldnt be flying it as i can't afford to replace it (hence the ratting *in* it) but i don't think i'd get mad, i'd just have to bring the thrasher jewboat out and salvage some more, just seems part of the game.

22. Post #302
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    If you attack someone without the right to, you will lose sec status, be flagged Global Criminal (Anyone can rape ur anus), and the stations and gates will shoot you for 15 minutes.
    Then how do gatecamps work? Do they just have someone in a noobship attack you then everybody else can help without being attacked?

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    Then how do gatecamps work? Do they just have someone in a noobship attack you then everybody else can help without being attacked?
    They shoot you, but they aren't concord so they don't instapop you

Anything cruiser-sized or above can tank them for a while

24. Post #304
    January 2009
    3,912 Posts
    I just lost two Drakes in as many hours. Both of them to hotdrops, both of them to the same damn guys. Least I had insurance.

Also gate guns can be tanked I'm pretty sure.

Also ohfuck I forgot to update my clone. Thank god for evemon.

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,472 Posts
    I just lost two Drakes in as many hours. Both of them to hotdrops, both of them to the same damn guys. Least I had insurance.

Also gate guns can be tanked I'm pretty sure.
    Gate guns shoot pea pellets at you if you aren't a frigate or dessy

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    What's a good way to get a quick ISK injection? I'm running on pretty much empty at the moment.

27. Post #307
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Sell a PLEX.

28. Post #308
    August 2007
    122 Posts
    What's a good way to get a quick ISK injection? I'm running on pretty much empty at the moment.
    Buy a plex and sell it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,947 Posts
    steal an unpiloted chimera stuffed to the brim with t2 ships from a hub in n3mesisdot space while the pilot empties their noctis in the station next door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #310
    January 2009
    3,912 Posts
    Send what you have to me and I'll double it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Is there a place I can go to to steal fits other than battleclinic?

32. Post #312
    June 2010
    2,156 Posts
    Best place to look for fits is killboards, look for people that die in large battles with kills.

Battleclinic is a very hit and mostly miss place to look.

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Shit.. I just complained in local about a mission making me lose my rifter, and some people just gave me 2mil collectively out of nowhere.

I fucking love the EVE community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    What T1 item sells well in Jita that I can make a profit off of if I were to buy all the minerals myself and manufacture?

35. Post #315
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    What T1 item sells well in Jita that I can make a profit off of if I were to buy all the minerals myself and manufacture?

None

seriously anyone can do that

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    That feeling when you just realised you made 10 jumps in hostile null-sec with 42m skillpoints and a 900,000 clone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    None

seriously anyone can do that
    then how am i supposed to make decent money until i can produce t2 stuff?

38. Post #318
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    have you tried reading any manufacturing guides ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #319
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Yes, please don't assume I'm an idiot and haven't tried to do my own research. I know how dickish you people are in this thread, so I only post here as a last resort. It's rare even then that I'd find help because you just berate me for being an idiot, or complaining too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Look on the bright side.

We like you more than Max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)