1. Post #841
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    Just ninja salvaged myself a true sansha armor hardener.

Edited:

It's funny cause I'm going back to the second part of that dudes mission in 10 minutes to get more salvage again

Wonder if I should tell him what I managed to salvage...
    I hate to be "that guy" but faction hardeners aren't worth a huge amount of isk. They go for 10-15 million, which I guess is nice if you're new, but it's not a jackpot find.

You find yourself a deadspace hardener and you've got something good, but you can only find those in complexes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #842
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Ain't got too much cash in Eve just now so about 15 would still be pretty good just now.

Plus it's pretty much free money, I'm not gonna conplain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Europe Show Events

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    wait how the hell did you salvage a module

don't you only get salvage materials from salvaging?

plus what kind of hardener is it? if it's explosive, thermal or kinetic woo hoo you've just got about 10m maybe, but if it's an EM hardener you're shit outta luck

once got an EM hardener from a serpentis complex, was like 'FUCK YEAH' until I saw 'magnetic'

luckily we also got a vindicator BPC so it wasn't a complete waste
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #844
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    I pinched it from a can, the guy abandoned the wrecks in the room so I got just about every wreck.

5. Post #845
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    aw man I love it when that happens

sometimes mission runners can be such dickheads and just blow up the wrecks they're not even going to use
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #846
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    aw man I love it when that happens

sometimes mission runners can be such dickheads and just blow up the wrecks they're not even going to use
    Their loss to be honest, it only takes a few minutes to get another mission runner sanned down

Not got a clue what to train for just now, really want to get into a decent corp and do wormholing and pvping , just got no idea what ships to train for, can't stand that everything takes days and days to get anything worthwhile :saddowns:

7. Post #847
    Awwww yeah, bitches!

I'm CCP Gnauton, one of EVE's Senior Writers. I'm currently spearheading an initiative to rename those of EVE's modules and implants whose names have been deemed too confusing by a fearless cross-departmental cadre of game designers, UI designers & content developers. A first iteration of this project already went through (as I'm sure all you missile users out there are aware of), but went lamentably uncommunicated by us. That's mostly my fault, and by overloading you with information on the whats and wherefores of this next iteration, I hope to somewhat make up for my error.

So, first a few words on why we're doing this. It's no secret that EVE's complexity holds great appeal to the dedicated gamer (or indeed anyone who appreciates a living breathing interactive system, even if they don't participate in every aspect of it), but it's nonetheless true that there are certain things that add to this complexity in a meaningful way and other things that simply befuddle and obfuscate for no real reason. Needlessly complex item names, we've come to firmly believe, are among the latter. There simply is not much inherent game value in having to do a Show Info every time you can't remember whether the Voltaic Nanite hardener is better than the Radioisotope one, or whether the Hardwiring - Inherent Implants 'Lancer' G1.5-Alpha goes into slot 6 or slot 7, and what kind of bonus it gives again, and how much of that bonus you get.

That said, in light of some passionate feedback we received in the wake of the first iteration, we've decided that we need to be more conscious of retaining the flavor of the old names while adding functionality. You will therefore find that many of these modules have retained parts of their earlier names while still conforming to the new naming standards.

So without further ado, here's what we've changed this time around. These changes are already in on Singularity, and will hit TQ in March.

A note to begin with: we've come up with a standardized global scheme for Meta Level 1-4 modules, so by looking at the name you should be able to tell at a glance where the item falls in the Meta pecking order. It goes like this:

Meta Level 1: Upgraded

Meta Level 2: Limited

Meta Level 3: Experimental

Meta Level 4: Prototype

This will, in due time, be applied to every Meta level 1-4 module in the game, and except where otherwise noted, has been applied to all module groups mentioned in the list below.

Skill Hardwiring

All Skill Hardwiring implants in the game have had their names changed to conform to this format:

[Corporation][Implant Group Name][Skill/Function Name][Two-Letter Flavor Acronym]-[Slot Number][Percentage Bonus]

As an example, the Hardwiring - Inherent Implants 'Lancer' G0.5-Betaimplant, which fits in implant slot 7 and gives a 2% bonus to the Controlled Bursts skill, has now become the Inherent Implants 'Lancer' Controlled Bursts CB-702 implant. Hardwiring - Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' HY-2.5, which goes in implant slot 6 and gives an 18% bonus to Warp Speed, is now Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Warp Drive Speed WS-618.

Armor Coating/Armor Hardener/Armor Plating Energized/Shield Resistance Amplifier/Shield Hardener

Every module that boosts either armor or shield resistance has gone under the knife. In addition to adapting them to the global Meta 1-4 scheme, we've replaced the words "Reflective," "Reactive" and "Magnetic" with the modules' relevant damage types (EM, Explosive and Kinetic, respectively).

Assault Launcher/Heavy Assault Launcher/Standard Missile Launcher/Siege Launcher

This is perhaps the most extensive and potentially controversial change we've made in this iteration, because it goes beyond individual modules and all the way into module (and market) groups.

Please make sure you disseminate this information among your corporation and alliance mates as widely as possible.

We have changed the missile launcher names as follows:

Heavy Assault Missile Launchers have become Assault Missile Launchers

Assault Missile Launchers have become Light Missile Arrays

Standard Missile Launchers have become Light Missile Launchers

Siege Launchers have become Torpedo Launchers

The general idea here was to change the name of each launcher into something more generally descriptive of its function and the type of ammo it is able to fit, and more specifically to erase the counterintuitive assault launcher/heavy assault launcher dichotomy that's caused its fair share of confusion in the past.

Scripts

All scripts in the game have had the word "script" added to their names, so a simple market search for "script" will now bring up all scripts available in the game, irrespective of market group.

For a comprehensive list of every item name change made so far, please point your browsers to this EVElopedia page. This central name change portal will be updated as and when more module names get changed, and we will split it up and make it prettier in future iterations. Note that in places where the New Name column is blank, the module's name has not been changed.

That's it for now. Comments and constructive feedback are of course most appreciated, and I'll close this by reiterating what I've said before in the comment threads: our goal here is not removing EVE's flavor, it's improving EVE's usability. We have a deep and abiding love for our property's depth and flair, and we don't intend to harm it in the slightest. We just want to make things a little more accessible.

Until next time,

CCP Gnauton
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #848
    Nyeeh, I can cope with these changes, though it was nice from an RP perspective.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #849
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,986 Posts
    am i the only one who thinks "limited" should be BELOW "upgraded"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #850
    No, you're not. Seems stupid to me too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #851
    Limited does kind of imply "SO AWESOME IT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED FROM KILLING EVERYTHING"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #852
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    that or limited capability

'limited light ion cannon' or something like that make it sound like due to the construction of it, it's limited in power

or holding back, that makes sense too

13. Post #853
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    millions of sports cars
    several hundred thousand 'upgraded/pimped out' sports cars
    200 'limited production' super cars (of a certain type)
    a few different versions of an experimental build
    one prototype

makes sense to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    842 Posts
    Makes sense if you think of it as limited amount instead of limited ability.
    Obviously.

15. Post #855
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,784 Posts
    They do have limited ability though. Experimental is obviously slightly better than Limited, and upgraded is just a better version of standard T1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

16. Post #856
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    Why change it if it creates more confusion than its worth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #857
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    better than GALLIUM SUPER PROTORYE REPEATING AUTO ARTILLERY CANNON LIMITED I if you ask me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #858
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    better than GALLIUM SUPER PROTORYE REPEATING AUTO ARTILLERY CANNON LIMITED I if you ask me

'scout' is the best
    Unless you're talking about railguns of course
    And then lasers...

19. Post #859
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    842 Posts
    Everyone is over-thinking this, holy fuck.

20. Post #860
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    sorry I mean to say SCOUT GALLIUM SUPER PROTOTYPE REPEATING AUTO LIMITED ARTILLERY CANNON HOWITZER I

and we're really not, just poking fun at it, at least I am

Edited:

also scout I heard you left FA (or whatever alliance you were in, pardon my memory)

what happened :o (provided that you're scout1111 or whomever from the chat)

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,986 Posts
    ...scout I heard you left FA...
    i wouldn't quite say he 'left', heheheh.

Edited:

millions of sports cars
    several hundred thousand 'upgraded/pimped out' sports cars
    200 'limited production' super cars (of a certain type)
    a few different versions of an experimental build
    one prototype

makes sense to me
    car analogy aside, being limited production doesn't inherantly make something better.
    if you look at the low-meta variations of other modules, for example "inefficient" armour repairers, their naming would make a new player think they are actually worse than standard tech 1.

if it is CCP's aim to make the naming of meta modules more logical and easier to understand, then they should (in my opinion) completely get rid of "limited", "inefficient" and all the other shit prefixes that make low-meta mods sound worse than tech 1, and replace them with something else that doesn't cause confusion and follows some sort of logical order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #862
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    tl;dr SETC gets butthurt when I call out people for being bad

23. Post #863
    March 2009
    2,138 Posts
    I like that they're trying to keep the flavor of the names which is something I really enjoy seeing in game instead of modules just being things like "rail gun" and "better rail gun". Besides changing siege launchers to torpedo launchers (that confused me for a decent length of time) I don't get the changes to launcher names. I think if someone get confused about heavy assaults and assaults they're either stupid or the speaker communicated his intent incorrectly.

Edited:

I don't know if Harpies are frowned upon in PvP or not but I just whipped one up in Pyfa.

[Harpy, PvP]

Small Energy Neutralizer II
    Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
    Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
    J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
    Invulnerability Field II

Damage Control II
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
    Power Diagnostic System II

Small Core Defence Field Extender I
    Small Core Defence Field Extender I

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to use 75mm rails depending on range circumstances, but this fit gives me 17.4k EHP.

Thoughts? I'm working on speccing into a Retribution with 9k EHP but I think this Harpy would do a good job until I get a Retribution.

Edited:

FYI this is the first time I've attempted working on a PvP fit for anything so I'd like some constructive criticism
    I like using Ion blasters, just in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #864
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,045 Posts
    So, as it stands, the naming pattern of modules require you to memorize and familiarize yourself with them.

With the changes, you'll have to do the same, except again. After years of learning their names.

Poop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #865
    So, as it stands, the naming pattern of modules require you to memorize and familiarize yourself with them.

With the changes, you'll have to do the same, except again. After years of learning their names.

Poop.
    Yeah but now the names will be uniform across modules.

'scout' is the best
    Unless you're talking about railguns of course
    And then lasers...

26. Post #866
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,784 Posts
    Learning the names of modules wasn't that hard.

It's just confusing as fuck when you first start off. I remember looting a wreck in one of my corpmates missions and thinking I hit the jackpot when I found 200 phalanx rockets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #867
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,767 Posts
    I have this problem with cascade's leadership, apperantly we're not supposed to troll people who lose a jf in high sec during a war dec.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #868
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,784 Posts

I'm a lot more confident in my wallet balance now that I know I haven't actually been hemorrhaging money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #869
    Silly Tarkin posted:
    Dear Niall R.,

I am a wealthy Amarrian prince who has recently inheirited 5,000,000,000 ISK from a fellow member of my bloodline. Unfortunately I am unable to access these funds because they are kept in a bank owned by the Gallente Federation. In order to wire this 5,000,000,000 ISK to my account I must spend exorbinante tax fees. I'll gladly give you half of my inheritance if you deposit 250,000,000 ISK in my account to cover the tax fees.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards.
    You naughty scammer you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,986 Posts
    'calling out' is a bit of an understatment. trolling people about being bad or having retarded losses is actually pretty commonplace, there was much more to it than that.

not sure why you expected a null sov-holding alliance to not have baddies in it's ranks haha.

31. Post #871
    October 2009
    5,254 Posts
    Does anyone here have a good Maelstrom L4 fit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #872
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    Sure.

[Maelstrom, pve]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II

Ballistic Deflection Field II
    Ballistic Deflection Field II
    Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
    Heat Dissipation Amplifier II
    X-Large Shield Booster II
    Heavy Capacitor Booster II

1200mm Heavy Gallium Cannon, Phased Plasma L

Rigs are up to you, I just slapped that fit on an Alpha-fit maelstrom, which explains the meta 3 and lack of rigs. The resists are optional as well and should be changed per mission.

Edited:

note: I've run sanctums in this, not L4s, but sanctums are harder soooooo yeah

also should be self-explanatory but change ammo too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #873
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,321 Posts
    I had a terrible dream last night, i thought i forgot to upgrade my clone, and i got podded.

Woke in a cold sweat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #874
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,986 Posts
    this is pretty much a spot-on fit, though i would personally swap a hardener for an afterburner so you can more easily dictate range and manage your transversal.

for rigs 2x cap safeguards (less cap to shield-boost for better cap efficiency) and a burst aerator (gun rate of fire).

edit: just noticed that fit has 2 passive hardeners - 3 active hardeners would be a much more efficient use of slots.

35. Post #875
    I had a terrible dream last night, i thought i forgot to upgrade my clone, and i got podded.

Woke in a cold sweat.
    Oh god.

I know that feeling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #876
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts

Woke in a cold sweat.
    think it's time to lay off eve for a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #877
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,307 Posts
    I don't understand the point of having a clone system. It doesn't add any kind of benefit, yet it can completely destroy your experience by essentially erasing your entire character. Given that it takes months, years even, to train your character, having there be a possibility that you could have that character wiped clean seams like a terrible gameplay mechanic. If my character were wiped, I'd quit EVE and never come back.

I know that it's not terribly hard to stay on top of your clone, but all it takes is one small mix-up, and you're done. That's an awful idea.

I'd propose either completely cutting the clone system, or installing a new system, perhaps one in which all clones can keep an infinite amount of skill points, and that clone upgrades instead offer other perks. Perhaps you could choose between clones that give combat or attribute bonuses, or some other kind of benefit for upgrading? The more SP you have in specific fields, the higher level clone options are available?

I don't particularly care how it's addressed, so long as it's not unbalancing, but having there be a gameplay mechanic that can erase characters you've been training for years is simply a bad idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #878
    The only thing I could think of would be making you have to pay for clones with implant slots.

Maybe, 20m to unlock all 10 slots?

I dunno. Personally I like this system.

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    842 Posts
    I don't understand the point of having a clone system. It doesn't add any kind of benefit, yet it can completely destroy your experience by essentially erasing your entire character. Given that it takes months, years even, to train your character, having there be a possibility that you could have that character wiped clean seams like a terrible gameplay mechanic. If my character were wiped, I'd quit EVE and never come back.

I know that it's not terribly hard to stay on top of your clone, but all it takes is one small mix-up, and you're done. That's an awful idea.

I'd propose either completely cutting the clone system, or installing a new system, perhaps one in which all clones can keep an infinite amount of skill points, and that clone upgrades instead offer other perks. Perhaps you could choose between clones that give combat or attribute bonuses, or some other kind of benefit for upgrading? The more SP you have in specific fields, the higher level clone options are available?

I don't particularly care how it's addressed, so long as it's not unbalancing, but having there be a gameplay mechanic that can erase characters you've been training for years is simply a bad idea.
    If you can't keep up with clone management then EVE really isn't the game for you.

Not trying to make that sound as if it's directed to you, because it isn't, but it seems like it's there to give the whole respawn thing a "realistic" outlook. It's pretty pointless but can't see it ever being an issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #880
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,027 Posts

You just suggest removing the penalty for getting yourself podded. That is put in place to give death meaning in this game, make you be careful about where you go and who you piss off.

Leave it in, I say.

Besides, even my broke ass can keep my clones up to date without issue. Don't buy clone grades one level higher than the one you have now is probably the best advice I can give in this regard, I usually spend a bit on a clone grade six or seven levels above my current one.

Also, you only lose the balance of skill points between your previous clone grade and your current level, as taken from your highest trained skill. It's not the end of the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events