Nyan~:3
    December 2009
    5,801 Posts
    Burn Jita is freighters in Jita.
    Hulkageddon is miners everywhere.
    OTEC is technetium supply everywhere.
    Interesting times.
    Thank god I'm just mission running.
    And for some reason Eve is always in some turbulent times whenever i renew my sub, last time it was a riot and the market crashed and made me loose half a bil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

2. Post #2402
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    This kind of shit makes Eve online what it is.

Even though I want to join the next 0.0 alliance that is going to go against the Goons, I'm glad they're in the game doing the stuff they do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #2403
    December 2009
    5,801 Posts
    This kind of shit makes Eve online what it is.

Even though I want to join the next 0.0 alliance that is going to go against the Goons, I'm glad they're in the game doing the stuff they do.
    It sure makes the game more interesting but i would enjoy it more if it diddn't fuck with my iskies every damn time.

4. Post #2404

January 2012
    51 Posts
    As someone who isn't new but still has no clue what to do in the game, I got interested in RvB after seeing it some places. I looked at their forums and every other rule is "don't do x and get blown up by people who have war dec'd us". So if someone is really looking for PvP, wouldn't they just join one of the corps or alliances that has war dec'd RvB? Sounds much more fun to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #2405
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    It sure makes the game more interesting but i would enjoy it more if it diddn't fuck with my iskies every damn time.
    Well I'm actually making money off it...

The whole event has turned my 700m mineral pile into 1.2b already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #2406
    December 2009
    5,801 Posts
    Well I'm actually making money off it...

The whole event has turned my 700m mineral pile into 1.2b already.
    I'm jelly. I always end up losing money.

7. Post #2407
    March 2010
    410 Posts
    so this or next week my roommate and I are starting up EVE for the first time, pissed around with the game a bit before but nothing past the tutorial, anyways I was wondering if there would be anyone out there interested in helping mentor us and help us get started,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #2408
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,738 Posts
    I'll help you bros get started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #2409
    February 2007
    123 Posts
    Anybody wanna send me a buddy invite?

10. Post #2410
    July 2008
    2,485 Posts
    Anybody wanna send me a buddy invite?
    PM me your email and I'll send you one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #2411
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Don't worry bro, I got you covered

[Maelstrom, armor tank]
    Damage Control II
    1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Large Armor Repairer I
    Gyrostabilizer II

100MN Afterburner II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Heavy Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

800mm Repeating Artillery I, EMP L

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Hammerhead I x5
    Hammerhead I x5

That's the fit I built. Works with my skillset, and so far I'm loving it. Shrugged off one 0.4 belt rat without even trying, I'm currently flying to -0.2 to try some rats there. Not sure where I'll go after that, I'd love to test it against some sleepers but I don't feel like scanning a WH down at the moment. Refitting the one on Tranq will run me about 43 million or so, from what I can see it'd be a worthy investment for running L4s.

Maybe I just have shit shield tanking skills. Very likely. But for the time being, that ship has 70,000 EHP in-game, whereas the shield tank I'm currently using only has 51,000 EHP, and then only for a couple minutes till the cap drains.
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

12. Post #2412
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    Pretty sure some guy posted a fit like that a while back, and we all had a good laugh at his expense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #2413
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    Don't worry bro, I got you covered

[Maelstrom, armor tank]
    Damage Control II
    Large Armor Repairer I
    Gyrostabilizer II

100MN Afterburner II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Heavy Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

Hammerhead I x5
    Hammerhead I x5

That's the fit I built. Works with my skillset, and so far I'm loving it. Shrugged off one 0.4 belt rat without even trying, I'm currently flying to -0.2 to try some rats there. Not sure where I'll go after that, I'd love to test it against some sleepers but I don't feel like scanning a WH down at the moment. Refitting the one on Tranq will run me about 43 million or so, from what I can see it'd be a worthy investment for running L4s.

Maybe I just have shit shield tanking skills. Very likely. But for the time being, that ship has 70,000 EHP in-game, whereas the shield tank I'm currently using only has 51,000 EHP, and then only for a couple minutes till the cap drains.
    DAMN

almost as good as my dread fit!
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13234969
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #2414
    July 2008
    2,485 Posts
    Could anyone post or PM me a good level 4 solo missioning fit? With all the work in uni at the moment I can't do a lot of PvP roams with my corp so I can only really do a few missions at a time. I currently fly a Maelstrom for missioning, but I can only do level 4s with it when I have someone helping me out as I think I'm not skilled high enough to do them myself right now. Cheers.
    [Maelstrom, Shield tanked]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II
    Capacitor Flux Coil II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    X-Large Shield Booster II
    Shield Boost Amplifier I
    Shield Boost Amplifier I

1200mm Heavy 'Scout' Artillery I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hammerhead II
    HobGoblin II

Obviously not cap stable, but can last awhile if pulsed right, fight aligned and use your drones to kill scrammers.
    Good for low SP chars, might need a cpu implant to fit the 1200's.
    1200's are exchangeable with 800 scout autocannons, depending on the range you need to be fighting.
    Obviously switch out the invulnerability fields with damage specific hardeners or you will go down.

I also have experience using this paricular fit in a c3 to combat sleepers, was pretty effective but required a lot of gun switching for ranges and warping in and out to recharge your cap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2415
    April 2010
    841 Posts
    īSo is Burn jita over yet? Is it safe to transport my load worth 1.2 bil into jita ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

16. Post #2416
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    īSo is Burn jita over yet? Is it safe to transport my load worth 1.2 bil into jita ?
    I would wait a bit after it even officially ends, people will have leftover ships and probably snag a few more haulers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2417
    April 2010
    841 Posts
    I would wait a bit after it even officially ends, people will have leftover ships and probably snag a few more haulers.
    Ok, then i will hold on to my stuff for a little longer. hopefully prices will go up after operation : burn jita and operation : hulkageddon.

18. Post #2418
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    hulkageddon is 1 whole month this time round, think you can wait that long to sell?

Edited:

Also, how is jita pronounced? i've always said it 'gee-tah'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #2419
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    813 Posts
    Goons still have around 10-12k ships left in the Jita burn stockpile.
    They are going to roll in again unannounced within the next 3 months, calling it now.

20. Post #2420

January 2012
    51 Posts
    Just updated EVE, new blog stuff and free stuff friday
    http://community.eveonline.com/devbl...log&nbid=28620

21. Post #2421
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    I'm not gonna lie, the gifts are pretty lame =/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #2422
    April 2010
    841 Posts
    I'm not gonna lie, the gifts are pretty lame =/
    Was hoping for something more unique, Its still better then nothing so i cant complain.last year was better thou

23. Post #2423
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    +2 implants are going to craaaaash and burn

24. Post #2424
    October 2009
    572 Posts
    Pax Ammaria is the best choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2425
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    Pax Ammaria is the best choice.
    why?

26. Post #2426
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,109 Posts
    Yeah, I have the same question. I don't get why that is even on there.

27. Post #2427
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    well, I know amarr cap pilots sometimes stick those in their cargoholds just to be cool and shit I guess, aside from that no idea.

28. Post #2428
    October 2009
    572 Posts
    Because I don't need anything out of the other gifts and Pax Ammaria - Collector's Item. To me that implies it'll be different from the current Pax Ammarias on market. Even if it isn't I'll still take it over cruiser and skillbooks.

I should also add that I like collecting random bullshit to put in my cargohold.

29. Post #2429
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    Because I don't need anything out of the other gifts and Pax Ammaria - Collector's Item. To me that implies it'll be different from the current Pax Ammarias on market. Even if it isn't I'll still take it over cruiser and skillbooks.
    We'll see-- should it be a special edition, I'll take it as well.

30. Post #2430
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,990 Posts
    I really wish they'd just give us a novelty ship like they used to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #2431
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    I'll take dem refining skills thank you.

32. Post #2432
    March 2009
    2,038 Posts
    I own a Blackbird named the Sexual Predator. It's cargohold is filled with tasty treats and movies.
    I really wish they'd just give us a novelty ship like they used to.
    I think they're too busy redesigning the old ships to make a new novelty one for us. They'll just have to give us 3 next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #2433
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,755 Posts
    I'd take the cruisers, free hulls to die in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #2434
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    831 Posts
    I'll take the implants I guess.

35. Post #2435
    November 2008
    230 Posts
    so me and my buddy decided to take BCs into null and do some player hunting. mind you this is the 3rd time we tried to PvP, and the first two times were in T1 frigs.
    this time we went with 60mil fit each, being very aware that we're gonna lose them fast enough. I was flying a cyclone and my friend was with a brutix.
    we went into null-space we used to live in as we knew the routes and the population there.

after a few jumps in we saw a HUGE blob of ships at 250k from the gate we went through. there were T3 BCs and drakes and whatnot. about 20-30 ships. luckily there was no bubble, so we ran away like crazy and proceeded to roam our route (they didn't follow us, it appeared).
    later on we found a lone sabre who decided to run after us. noobs as we are, we didn't check what corp/alliance he was and engaged him right away. he popped a bubble as we burned him; he died pretty fast and that was our first kill ever--we were happy as fuck (killmail http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13235837).
    2 seconds later our overview started clusterfucking with people and our vicinity was flooded with drones and ships. before we knew it we were being engaged by about 25 ships. we died pretty fast but we managed to jump away with our pods.
    we were shocked.
    then we noticed the person we killed was from goonswarm, and the guys who killed us were from goonswam as well. we NEVER saw them in that space before, and we never encountered such a big blob of ships. apparently they were the guys we saw a earlier in our route, we should have checked to see from what corp/alliance they were before running away.

anyway, even though we died and lost more ISK than we destroyed, we had super fun and we learned a lot.
    (my death mail: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13236760).

the PVP in eve is really great and exciting, especially when you know the risks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #2436
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,472 Posts
    so me and my buddy decided to take BCs into null and do some player hunting. mind you this is the 3rd time we tried to PvP, and the first two times were in T1 frigs.
    this time we went with 60mil fit each, being very aware that we're gonna lose them fast enough. I was flying a cyclone and my friend was with a brutix.
    we went into null-space we used to live in as we knew the routes and the population there.

after a few jumps in we saw a HUGE blob of ships at 250k from the gate we went through. there were T3 BCs and drakes and whatnot. about 20-30 ships. luckily there was no bubble, so we ran away like crazy and proceeded to roam our route (they didn't follow us, it appeared).
    later on we found a lone sabre who decided to run after us. noobs as we are, we didn't check what corp/alliance he was and engaged him right away. he popped a bubble as we burned him; he died pretty fast and that was our first kill ever--we were happy as fuck (killmail http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13235837).
    2 seconds later our overview started clusterfucking with people and our vicinity was flooded with drones and ships. before we knew it we were being engaged by about 25 ships. we died pretty fast but we managed to jump away with our pods.
    we were shocked.
    then we noticed the person we killed was from goonswarm, and the guys who killed us were from goonswam as well. we NEVER saw them in that space before, and we never encountered such a big blob of ships. apparently they were the guys we saw a earlier in our route, we should have checked to see from what corp/alliance they were before running away.

anyway, even though we died and lost more ISK than we destroyed, we had super fun and we learned a lot.
    (my death mail: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13236760).

the PVP in eve is really great and exciting, especially when you know the risks.
    This is proper PVP

Edited:

Lost more than we killed? WE HAD FUN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #2437
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    831 Posts
    Do PVP rifter fleets work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2438
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,738 Posts
    PvP

Players vs People
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #2439
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,729 Posts
    well, I know amarr cap pilots sometimes stick those in their cargoholds just to be cool and shit I guess, aside from that no idea.
    You guys may not have noticed, but the in-game item (Pax Amarria) and the new collector's item (Pax Ammaria) are different items.

40. Post #2440
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    http://eveboard.com/pilot/Aphos_Starslicer

I don't know where to take this character next. Apart from training more skills to level V.

Any suggestions? I might end up selling him when the BC changes come through and it's sitting on 6m free sp (one can wish).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events