1. Post #321
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Yes, please don't assume I'm an idiot and haven't tried to do my own research. I know how dickish you people are in this thread, so I only post here as a last resort. It's rare even then that I'd find help because you just berate me for being an idiot, or complaining too much.

If you had you would know that ammo always has a great margin. You wouldn't be here asking dumb questions if you had looked for any sort of answer in the first place. Ammo manufacturing is pretty much at the top of every manufacturing guide ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    No questions are dumb, I know ammo is a good seller, but that doesn't always mean you'll make a profit. Holy shit you're an asshole.

Edited:

You need to learn to read, I wasn't asking what's a good seller, I was asking what's a good profit maker, because I need to buy my own minerals, and not everything is a profit. Especially ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    January 2009
    3,887 Posts
    I've not much experience in manufacturing, but narrowed down to ammo you could certainly run the numbers and check. Make one of those dreaded spreadsheets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #324
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    What're your guys' opinion on the EVE ISK Per Hour program?

5. Post #325
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    No questions are dumb, I know ammo is a good seller, but that doesn't always mean you'll make a profit. Holy shit you're an asshole.

Edited:

You need to learn to read, I wasn't asking what's a good seller, I was asking what's a good profit maker, because I need to buy my own minerals, and not everything is a profit. Especially ammo.

I can see you have not even tried to crunch the numbers, ammo is always 80%+ profit margins... in jita

Edited:

What're your guys' opinion on the EVE ISK Per Hour program?

Did you try doing some work by yourself??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

6. Post #326
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    I can see you have not even tried to crunch the numbers, ammo is always 80%+ profit margins... in jita

Edited:

Did you ever try not being an asshole and actually trying to help people??

Edited:

know what fuck you im just going to put you on my ignore list

Edited:

You're the reason I believe that all EVE players are elitist pricks that help only themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #327
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Look on the bright side.

We like you more than Max.
    you guys are seriously the only game community to hold a grudge for no reason. Just chill the fuck out, you act like i killed your dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    you guys are seriously the only game community to hold a grudge for no reason. Just chill the fuck out, you act like i killed your dog.
    What did you do for them to not like you? Ask for some pointers because you were new?

Edited:

It's really discomforting to know there are people that are actually like these people.

Edited:

And by the way, yes I did crunch the numbers, and a lot of T1 ammo is a profit loss.

Edited:

k yeah i'll spend hours doing math in a spreadsheet just to see if i can make profit off an item when a program can do that instantly for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,190 Posts
    According to a corpmate hauling is shit for money.

Edited:

People really underpay in contracts, too.
    Working for a well known hauling company is better, i.e. Red Frog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    then how am i supposed to make decent money until i can produce t2 stuff?
    Who told you you could make decent money manufacturing? Because you can't, especially if you're trying to sell in Jita. You're up against people with tens of billions of isk who mass-produce these mods and sell them cheap. It's like trying to open a mom and pop grocery store directly next to Walmart, and expect it not to fail.

And don't even bother with T2 production, you will not be able to contend with the people already entrenched in it.

Edited:

What did you do for them to not like you? Ask for some pointers because you were new?
    I think the dislike started when he pretended to be a girl to garner sympathy from us when he would tell us about the ships he'd lost. Some really bad ones too, like losing a Cyclone to a Rifter in a highsec system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #331
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Oh, I guess that's not as irrational as scout1's apparent hate for me, or is he like that to everyone?

12. Post #332
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    Oh, I guess that's not as irrational as scout1's apparent hate for me, or is he like that to everyone?
    He's like that with everyone, just go right on and sass him back, don't take his shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

I only hate the incompetent

Edited:

And by the way, yes I did crunch the numbers, and a lot of T1 ammo is a profit loss.

[URL]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Who told you you could make decent money manufacturing? Because you can't, especially if you're trying to sell in Jita. You're up against people with tens of billions of isk who mass-produce these mods and sell them cheap. It's like trying to open a mom and pop grocery store directly next to Walmart, and expect it not to fail.

And don't even bother with T2 production, you will not be able to contend with the people already entrenched in it.

Edited:

I think the dislike started when he pretended to be a girl to garner sympathy from us when he would tell us about the ships he'd lost. Some really bad ones too, like losing a Cyclone to a Rifter in a highsec system.
    pretty mucb but Christ on a bike it was over a year ago. Just drop it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    pretty mucb but Christ on a bike it was over a year ago. Just drop it.

Yes maam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

16. Post #336
    January 2009
    3,887 Posts
    I personally harbor no ill will to Biotic, though I probably missed out on some ~sick drama~

In other news, woo t2 heavy missiles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    though I probably missed out on some ~sick drama~
    If you're talking about me, there hasn't really been any drama related to me other than what was on this and last page.

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,854 Posts
    quite a large problem regarding t1 production in highsec (specifically near trade hubs), is that you will be competing with people that build without number-crunching, only to sell said the result for less than the minerals were worth. you are also going to be competing with people who have far more capital than you, and/or highly researched blueprints, so they can afford to undercut you.

my advice would be to try and find somewhere close to a pvp hotspot and away from the main trade hubs, where people are more willing to pay a premium for convenience, and of course there is less competition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    I will agree with scout on the fact that information regarding entry-level production should be fairly apparent, with a bit of research.

Your questions, for the most part, are somewhat undetailed and sporadic, much like normal newb questions. Many of them could be answered with a bit of research, or in the Rookie Help Channel, where people who get some sort of high from helping others are willing to work with you. So far, you've come in asking (mostly) simple questions, which most likely could have been answered in one of the ingame channels rather than stifling the INTENSE discussion here. If you do have more questions, try to be a bit more detailed in framing them, IE: Asking for help manufacturing link your skills, available facilities, and investment capabilities, rather than just a bare question.

If you are looking for help and some more indepth responses, you can PM me or look for someone in the FP Channel ingame.

Specifically, if you have any PVP related questions, I've done stuff in just about every area of EVE's pvp spectrum, and consider myself rather knowledgeable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,986 Posts
    or in the Rookie Help Channel
    To be fair, the Rookie help channel is mostly awefull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #341
    March 2009
    1,991 Posts
    If you had you would know that ammo always has a great margin. You wouldn't be here asking dumb questions if you had looked for any sort of answer in the first place. Ammo manufacturing is pretty much at the top of every manufacturing guide ever.
    Don't punish people for "dumb questions" punish them for dumb actions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    From what I've read in the thread, he's just an elitist asshole. Just ignore him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,986 Posts
    Do any of you gentlemen have a fit for a Malediction to tackle with in fleets from 40-80+ people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #344
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    I will agree with scout on the fact that information regarding entry-level production should be fairly apparent, with a bit of research.

Your questions, for the most part, are somewhat undetailed and sporadic, much like normal newb questions. Many of them could be answered with a bit of research, or in the Rookie Help Channel, where people who get some sort of high from helping others are willing to work with you. So far, you've come in asking (mostly) simple questions, which most likely could have been answered in one of the ingame channels rather than stifling the INTENSE discussion here. If you do have more questions, try to be a bit more detailed in framing them, IE: Asking for help manufacturing link your skills, available facilities, and investment capabilities, rather than just a bare question.

If you are looking for help and some more indepth responses, you can PM me or look for someone in the FP Channel ingame.

Specifically, if you have any PVP related questions, I've done stuff in just about every area of EVE's pvp spectrum, and consider myself rather knowledgeable.
    Too much effort to make a new character for the rookie help channel where you're unlikely to find any help at all, if my questions are so simple then why are you bitching at me rather than answering them? My questions were simple and not undetailed, how are they sporadic? How am I supposed to know what you want from a question to answer if you guys never answer any "newb" questions at all?
    Why would I want to go ask a question in the FP Channel if the same people post here, what use would it be, if everybody is just unhelpful and would only answer simple questions that could be answered in one line?

Maybe you're different, and that's nice, but from what I've been observing most of the FP EVE players are assholes, and if you really do mean you'd help me with pvp questions then that's great and I thank you for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

25. Post #345
    March 2009
    1,991 Posts
    I don't think he was bitching at you, just trying to give you some helpful input.

Edited:

At least that's how it came off to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #346
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    From what I've read in the thread, he's just an elitist asshole. Just ignore him.

hey look at mister big newbie here, giving orders and all

Edited:

Too much effort to make a new character for the rookie help channel where you're unlikely to find any help at all, if my questions are so simple then why are you bitching at me rather than answering them? My questions were simple and not undetailed, how are they sporadic? How am I supposed to know what you want from a question to answer if you guys never answer any "newb" questions at all?
    Why would I want to go ask a question in the FP Channel if the same people post here, what use would it be, if everybody is just unhelpful and would only answer simple questions that could be answered in one line?

Maybe you're different, and that's nice, but from what I've been observing most of the FP EVE players are assholes, and if you really do mean you'd help me with pvp questions then that's great and I thank you for that.

Stay gold buddy

EVE is not for you

Edited:

Failing to do basic research on your own is a dumb action. It shows a lack of commitment and total unpreparedness to actually do anything in EVE without being coddled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    Well there goes my attempt, you're welcome for the bitching.

99% of the questions in EVE are not simple answers, so you have to be more specific with what you ask about and what you give us to work with. It's like telling us that your car is broken and asking for help fixing it, without telling us anything else about what's wrong.

Just try and be a little more detailed, and try not to piss off the people who are actually willing to help you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    January 2009
    3,887 Posts
    http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3407

And from the comment thread:
    2011 average was 137 supercarriers and 31 titans built per month, total of 1,646 supercarriers and 370 titans.
    86 titans destroyed in 2011, 269 supercarriers.
    Not counting ones that are in capital maintenance arrays (I wouldn't expect that to be many) - 3,385 supercarriers and 847 titans.(existing in game)
    Missile Projection, Target Navigation Prediction, Warhead Upgrades, Rapid Launch, Heavy Missile Spec.
    Train each to lvl 5.
    Also these only took like a day to get them all to level 3, very nice

29. Post #349
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Also, our congratulations to the mighty Dreddit corporation for producing more Rifters than anyone else in 2011! 7,829 of them to be precise.

Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,645 Posts
    According to a corpmate hauling is shit for money.

Edited:

People really underpay in contracts, too.
    Hauling is pure balls. It's also ridiculously risky as guys will often lead you into traps. I do not suggest it as a valid form of work.

It's too bad most people smartened up... you used to be able to make a pretty penny doing contracts, but not the way you'd think: you paid 150k insurance on the contract but got a box worth 1 mil. Steal the goods, dump the contract. Usually the goods inside are no where near worth it now.

If EVE were a store, it would be "ASSHOLES R' US". The majority of the community is made up of elitist dicks who think they're hardcore for playing EVE. If you can't handle it you should play something else, because CCP doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in changing it.

Also there are tons of mining and manufacturing guides out there. All you had to do was look. I'm not even going to answer one of your questions until you read at least one of them. As we used to say in the old days, RTFM NOOB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Just try and be a little more detailed, and try not to piss off the people who are actually willing to help you.
    Thing is, nobody here actually seems willing to be helpful.

Edited:

Stay gold buddy

EVE is not for you
    hey look at mister big pro here giving orders and all.

Who are you to decide what game is right for me and what game isn't? I have fun playing it. I don't care if I struggle to be successful, if at all. I have fun doing it.

Edited:

Failing to do basic research on your own is a dumb action. It shows a lack of commitment and total unpreparedness to actually do anything in EVE without being coddled
    How do you know people haven't done any research? Not all questions can be answered through google, pdf documents, or spreadsheets.

33. Post #353
    July 2008
    2,476 Posts
    The majority of the community is made up of elitist dicks.
    Actually most of the people I've talked to seemed pretty nice, I even made a friend out of a pirate that killed me and he showed me his fit and payed the value of my ship.

34. Post #354
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Actually most of the people I've talked to seemed pretty nice, I even made a friend out of a pirate that killed me and he showed me his fit and payed the value of my ship.
    Vocal minority maybe? Makes it really seem like the game is filled with elitist dicks, but then you actually start playing. People in-game can be really helpful.

Edited:

Also there are tons of mining and manufacturing guides out there. All you had to do was look. I'm not even going to answer one of your questions until you read at least one of them. As we used to say in the old days, RTFM NOOB
    I have read manufacturing guides. I only came here as a last resort.

35. Post #355
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

How do you know people haven't done any research? Not all questions can be answered through google, pdf documents, or spreadsheets.

Clearly you are not playing the same game as me

36. Post #356
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    Thing is, nobody here actually seems willing to be helpful.
    I answered your questions about manufacturing, but you either didn't read my post or you didn't like the answer so you decided to ignore it.

To restate: it's a waste of time. Don't bother with, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm telling you the truth. It's like mining: a lot of work for very little payoff. The market is flooded with people dumping their mods and ships for either no profit or a slight loss (high supply, low demand).

The only way you can squeeze any profit out of it is if you join a nullsec alliance and supply the market where you live, but even then, it's a big pain in the ass to do and there are better ways to earn money in nullsec.

37. Post #357
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    I answered your questions about manufacturing, but you either didn't read my post or you didn't like the answer so you decided to ignore it.

To restate: it's a waste of time. Don't bother with, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm telling you the truth. It's like mining: a lot of work for very little payoff. The market is flooded with people dumping their mods and ships for either no profit or a slight loss (high supply, low demand).

The only way you can squeeze any profit out of it is if you join a nullsec alliance and supply the market where you live, but even then, it's a big pain in the ass to do and there are better ways to earn money in nullsec.
    No I didn't ignore your post, I saw it, I just kind of forgot to answer it. Thank you for your answer too. If manufacturing is a waste of time, then where can I make decent money?

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    No I didn't ignore your post, I saw it, I just kind of forgot to answer it. Thank you for your answer too. If manufacturing is a waste of time, then where can I make decent money?
    Find a corp dude. I'm going to recommend EVE Uni due to the sheer number of questions you ask.

39. Post #359
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Find a corp dude. I'm going to recommend EVE Uni due to the sheer number of questions you ask.
    I've only asked a small number of questions. The only questions I've asked so far have been related to manufacturing. On my main I'm already in a nice corp, that does everything I was looking for in one, and even helps out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Ask them. Its much faster then a forum anyway.