1. Post #81
    June 2008
    1,060 Posts
    CaptainBinky posted:
    #ProjectZomboid Bins as container objects - note that it's on wheels, make of that what you will ;) *cough* pic.twitter.com/OMeJkWZo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

2. Post #82
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    Wow, they're making some fast progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #83
    June 2008
    1,060 Posts

The gamechanger. Make sure you watch until the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 41 (list)

4. Post #84
    April 2008
    697 Posts

It was difficult to survive before, this is becoming perfect!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #85
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,370 Posts
    Just about to post that, it's beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    I've been hearing lately that the music in the game can get really repetitive. Can you guys tell me what would make it more enjoyable? Is the current soundtrack not varied enough? Is it overly dramatic? Please let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,426 Posts

The way he slides down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts

My reaction while watching was along the lines of:

Ok, well blocking the door didn't do much good, oh they can come through windows now too? Well this guy's fucked...Wait...oh shit yeah that's awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    645 Posts
    I've been hearing lately that the music in the game can get really repetitive. Can you guys tell me what would make it more enjoyable? Is the current soundtrack not varied enough? Is it overly dramatic? Please let me know.
    There's like one song for when you're fighting or out during night time and then there's one when you're not, so yeah it's repetitive to the point where I muted the entire game.

Also, not that I don't like the OP but there was already a v3 thread for Project Zomboid, http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1152544 Why make a new one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #90
    Since there are street lights and shit now, I hope there are power outs. Then you could either work around the lack of power by doing things like cooking on a fire, or you could risk your ass to fix the power by going outside.
    Yes please.

This game is looking great. Glad I bought this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    The music is very nicely done, but it's basically just the one track (or possibly two), and it does get a bit grating after a while. Lack of variety is definitely the issue

12. Post #92
    April 2011
    261 Posts
    The music is very nicely done, but it's basically just the one track (or possibly two), and it does get a bit grating after a while. Lack of variety is definitely the issue
    The music system has been completely revamped, and since Schmoe222 has written a good few new tracks it'll hopefully make this less of an issue. :)

also fyi there's four tracks, but at the moment there's two day time ones and two night time ones. This has gone up to about 10 or more and I've axed the day / night thing and just triggering tunes on events.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    There's like one song for when you're fighting or out during night time and then there's one when you're not, so yeah it's repetitive to the point where I muted the entire game.

Also, not that I don't like the OP but there was already a v3 thread for Project Zomboid, http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1152544 Why make a new one?
    Because this thread has a better OP than that thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    September 2008
    1,149 Posts
    Lemmy, any eta for the update?
    All that stuff... Well... It makes me freaking inpatient!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Emi Waifu 2011 <3
    November 2010
    1,758 Posts
    Wasnt this kind of stuff the thing that pissed them off to stop giving updates?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    October 2009
    5,612 Posts
    I hate people like you they just say OMG WHERE IS UPDATE I MUST PLAY !?!?!?!?!?

It will come when its freaking done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

17. Post #97
    September 2008
    1,149 Posts
    Wasnt this kind of stuff the thing that pissed them off to stop giving updates?
    You can't help human nature IMoo :P
    It's normal that people want stuff as fast as possible, for example fast food.

Naww man... I'm impatient, but I don't WHINE that there is no update, I can wait for it, I don't DEMAND it to be released or anything, just asking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,370 Posts

But we want it now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    You can't help human nature IMoo :P
    It's normal that people want stuff as fast as possible, for example fast food.

Naww man... I'm impatient, but I don't WHINE that there is no update, I can wait for it, I don't DEMAND it to be released or anything, just asking.
    they don't give dates on updates, that way no one can complain if for whatever reason it doesn't come out on time. Which in this circumstance is a pretty good policy I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    September 2008
    1,149 Posts
    they don't give dates on updates, that way no one can complain if for whatever reason it doesn't come out on time. Which in this circumstance is a pretty good policy I think
    That way, It's pretty logical actually...
    I'm dumb :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,145 Posts
    That video was great, I wonder if the zombies noticed him running away :D

22. Post #102
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,896 Posts
    Looks like a massive improvement to an already great game. I'm getting hyped again, which surely means a tragedy is about to strike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    December 2009
    4,973 Posts

Dont tell me "when its done"

Had enough of that on Duke Nukem Forever..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #104
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,555 Posts
    holy fuck, that's two of the things that are MOST needed about the game added - barricading properly and escaping out of windows!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #106
    July 2009
    1,392 Posts
    My undergarments moisten with anticipation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #107
    September 2008
    1,149 Posts
    Re-enact the famous Shawn of the Dead scene with a pool cue, smash walls and zombies alike with the sledgehammer, go all Mr. Stabby with the kitchen knife, and take the saw to your trusty shotgun.
    Destructible walls anyone? :3
    Also sawn-off shotguns?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    you know what'd be cool? (Provided traits are still in and aren't being completely replaced by skills and leveling up) If for certain traits there were minor and major versions. Like minor agoraphobia would mean you only get slight panic or panic while outdoors, but major agoraphobia you'd get extreme panic. The minor versions would of course get less points to spend on positive traits.

the new update is looking great but I just felt like sharing this little idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,087 Posts
    The smile on my face when I seen you can push stuff now. What way does this effect things like doors that they're pushed against? In the video it didn't seem that it held up the door well.

Anyway, I can't wait to store a ton of wood inside a wheelie bin and drag it around building a fort.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    The smile on my face when I seen you can push stuff now. What way does this effect things like doors that they're pushed against? In the video it didn't seem that it held up the door well.

Anyway, I can't wait to store a ton of wood inside a wheelie bin and drag it around building a fort.
    i think the zombies have to push objects to get to you, which slows them down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #111
    September 2008
    1,149 Posts

Doing it like this...

_______
    [ c ]
    --[-]--
    [You]

[C]=Couch
    [-]=Door
    [You]=You
    -=Wall

The zombies will try to push the couch to get to the door, but they cant because the couch is on the way :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Block your bedroom with a couch every-time you sleep just in case they do break in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #113
    April 2010
    2,446 Posts
    Because this thread has a better OP than that thread.
    Hopefully, my thread can be locked and this will continue. Since Lemmy is posting and there is so much more anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    Except that'll do nothing lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,021 Posts
    Jesus Christ...I think I just jizzed a little...

36. Post #116
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    I'm buying this game once update comes out, I've played it before but jeez it's changed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,435 Posts
    Ironically if Lemmy's computer wasn't stolen we wouldn't have these great features this early, as he would have been focused on other things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #118
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,145 Posts
    I'm buying this game once update comes out, I've played it before but jeez it's changed
    I recall you saying this over and over months ago

39. Post #119
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    Well, months ago, the update never came out so...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,278 Posts
    Damn I want to buy this game now.
    Shame that transfering money from bank to paypal takes a few days.

Edited:

So I got it now, but Desura doesn't install the game and just crashes all the time and the only way to start Desura again is to restart the computer. Tried downloading it from PZ site, but I can't get my CD key from Desura because it has to be installed first...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)