1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    In case anyone missed it:
    http://www.wlhost.net/images/895c9.png

Official map dump of the wild server, complete with buildings and other nice bits of detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    901 Posts
    No, it can't be true.
    I could fly if I wanted to.
    Like a bird in the sky,
    If I believe I can fly
    WHY I'D FLYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm extending the tower. Should be ~380 when I'm done. Fuck you, citadel.

(I'd like to thank Atazs. This would not be possible without his copious amount of dirt donations).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    May 2010
    2,464 Posts
    In case anyone missed it:
    http://www.wlhost.net/images/895c9.png

Official map dump of the wild server, complete with buildings and other nice bits of detail.
    Wow i can see myself front of my house making bricks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    I tought we, like the Kyara guys north of us, were pretty cool with our citadel topping our town but now I see like hundreds of them littering the landscape. 95% seems abandoned tough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    I tought we, like the Kyara guys north of us, were pretty cool with our citadel topping our town but now I see like hundreds of them littering the landscape. 95% seems abandoned tough.
    It's Kyara's walls that make them so impressive. It isn't your bog standard raised dirt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Looking at wild makes me really wish the land wasn't so modified.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #207
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    Looking at wild makes me really wish the land wasn't so modified.
    It's real fun to explore the place

Edited:

Went on a bit of a trip with Borken, was pretty interesting, but not much gained. Met some nice, and weird people. I found it pretty fun :)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    Went on a bit of a trip with Borken, was pretty interesting, but not much gained. Met some nice, and weird people. I found it pretty fun :)
    Those new guys making their village we walked through, it turns out they're the ones who've been killing noobs and stealing their stuff. Baldeagle went over there and killed them with corvand. Apparantly it was them who were killing Alualu, shame we didn't know at the time.

For some reason they didn't try and steal our stuff, and we walked right through their village

Edited:

Next time, you should keep you [Soldier] title off, see if it gets us a bit more action

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    848 Posts
    Can I get invited to the settlement? I traveled their already i'm just waiting for someone to come on.
    My username is Chuckacon & my steam name is Charlievrw if you want to add me to msg me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

10. Post #210
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,066 Posts
    Okay, so I made a character and spawned. Where am I? Are there other servers and is there any reason for me to switch to them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #211
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    Those new guys making their village we walked through, it turns out they're the ones who've been killing noobs and stealing their stuff. Baldeagle went over there and killed them with corvand. Apparantly it was them who were killing Alualu, shame we didn't know at the time.

For some reason they didn't try and steal our stuff, and we walked right through their village

Edited:

Next time, you should keep you [Soldier] title off, see if it gets us a bit more action
    oh, I talked to Alualu earlier and he said his corpse was suddenly empty. I suggested to track and it was that Olroth guy who got it. However he talked to Olroth and he gaves his stuff back.
    Later on, I said that if one of them attacks him, he should probably do a /tell Corvand because Corvand and stuff were looking for guys like that, and turns out he probably did.. lol

also yeah, when we got to their village, I realized having [Soldier] on wasn't the best idea, because if they were high skilled fighters, they'd know my fs was only a bit higher than 50, so I switched to [Carpenter] lol

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    416 Posts
    If i can get my character over, he has i believe about 45 blacksmithing, i can make tools, or mine.

I'll need to be picked up from freedom, it seems.

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,790 Posts
    Someone named Gatheringstorm was near the village at 10:18 GMT+1, anyone know who this is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #214
    November 2008
    1,858 Posts
    Okay, so I made a character and spawned. Where am I? Are there other servers and is there any reason for me to switch to them?
    You should be in the tutorial. At the end of it follow the instructions in the OP to find out how to get to us.

Edited:

Edited:

How well-armed were they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    255 Posts
    Can I get invited to the settlement? I traveled their already i'm just waiting for someone to come on.
    My username is Chuckacon & my steam name is Charlievrw if you want to add me to msg me.
    I added you on steam and will be online nowish to let you in. I am GMT+1 though, so you might want to ask Atazs to let you in, not sure what timezone he's in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events

16. Post #216
    May 2010
    2,464 Posts
    So why did you post here if you want to go to other servers? Join the FP town man... Also did you read the OP? It clearly explains where are you and where are we and how to get to us...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

17. Post #217
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    Edited:

How well-armed were they?
    As far as I saw, they had nearly nothing. But they were with like 4 guys or something, so they could still attack newbs

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    IRC is a great place to hang around irc://irc.rizon.net/mingapore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    September 2010
    3,002 Posts
    How easy is it to lockpick, and what can you lockpick?

I have a group of possibly 7 that could be interested.

We would probably be interested in running around stealing shit from settlements, and building a secret robbers den.

Is this possible?

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    How easy is it to lockpick?
    Depends on your lockpicking skill, which is near impossible to raise (literally, it's not even worth trying to grind it).

However I have 20 lockpicking skill, and I'm able to pick good locks and possibly very good.

what can you lockpick?
    Boats, houses, chests, carts, gates.... anything with a lock on it really.

21. Post #221
    September 2010
    3,002 Posts
    Depends on your lockpicking skill, which is near impossible to raise (literally, it's not even worth trying to grind it).

However I have 20 lockpicking skill, and I'm able to pick good locks and possibly very good.

Boats, houses, chests, carts, gates.... anything with a lock on it really.

well how long does it take to raise? What level do you need to be to make lockpicks?

22. Post #222
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    Lockpicking is one of the worst skills to grind apparently. You need 25 locksmithing to make lockpicks, which also takes an awful long time to get

23. Post #223
    September 2010
    3,002 Posts
    This question may seem silly on a pvp server, but how likely is something going to have a lock on it?

And are there ways around a lock?

24. Post #224
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    This question may seem silly on a pvp server, but how likely is something going to have a lock on it?

And are there ways around a lock?
    Everything people store stuff in, is locked.

25. Post #225
    May 2010
    2,464 Posts

We would probably be interested in running around stealing shit from settlements, and building a secret robbers den.

Is this possible?
    Not here anymore where we are right now. It might be changed later.
    Lockpicking is the hardest skill to grind in the game. Most of the stuff here is locked with a very good lock that you will have no way of picking. If you only want to play to do that then dont. Or go to epic

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    Most of the stuff here is locked with a very good lock that you will have no way of picking.
    I think with a high enough ql pick I could manage it.

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts

Is this possible?
    I don't think living as an outlaw is that fun, since the removal of kingdom PVP bored PVPers with like 80FS are hunting down outlaws at pretty much all costs. Also the skill penalty of being an outlaw and dieing is pretty draconian on higher levels. Also take into notice you'll need an prem acount to make lockpicks.

Ineed, leveled players with high quality gear and such have become so bored I think when the server becomes aware that there is an actual organised gang of outlaws stealing stuff you'll have search parties of übersoldiers everwhere tracking you down.

Seems fun to try on an alt acount tough.

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    I don't think living as an outlaw is that fun, since the removal of kingdom PVP bored PVPers with like 80FS are hunting outlaws down at pretty much all costs. Also the skill penalty of being an outlaw and dieing is pretty draconian on higher levels.
    Not all things appear to give a reputation hit. For example I've picked many boats, many gates and a cart and still at 100 rep.

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    Not all things appear to give a reputation hit. For example I've picked many boats, many gates and a cart and still at 100 rep.
    Hmm, Framperton was talking about having a hidden thieves den and stealing stuff so I presumed they wanted to be actual criminals of some sort.

The stuff about lockpicking and what actions give an reputation hit and what not is very vague tough, even the wiki doesn't seem to list it right and I haven't found an wurm-forum post yet that clearly defines this.
    Also multiple times a week I see a message like ''lockpicking on chaos fixed'' so stuff is changing all the time.

30. Post #230
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    I think the 'lockpicking on chaos fixed' this time was that we could finally lockpick boats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    September 2010
    3,002 Posts
    Running from ubersoldiers would be fun though, since they are just humans.

Although from what I gather stealing shit has a visible detractor? Like my name appearing red, or people magically knowing my Karmic alignment from some stat?

Then yeah, that is pretty lame. Restricting lockpicks to prem is also pretty lame, but understandable. don't want just anyone stealing stuff.

So is there any way to live the life as a criminal without being KOS as soon as your rep dips or needed to pay money for an already hard to get piece of equipment?

32. Post #232
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts

omg

Edited:

Although from what I gather stealing shit has a visible detractor? Like my name appearing red, or people magically knowing my Karmic alignment from some stat?

Then yeah, that is pretty lame. Restricting lockpicks to prem is also pretty lame, but understandable. don't want just anyone stealing stuff.

So is there any way to live the life as a criminal without being KOS as soon as your rep dips or needed to pay money for an already hard to get piece of equipment?
    They are humans, but probably humans with longbows.
    When you have reached a certain low reputation, your name will be 'Name OUTLAW', so thats how they know.
    The answer is no. Besides that, people will know you, and attack you on sight. People don't really appreciate the whole stealing thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts

Well yeah a few days ago I fucked up, withoud proper knowledge about the outlaw system I lockpicked 1 door and at an instant I became an ''outlaw''.
    Appearantly this was a very, very bad move and from what I gathered within a few minutes like half the players on the server know you are an outlaw. In just 30 minutes some random dude I never met before even came to New Pripyat to find and kill me.

Altough the game mechanics tolerate robbing ,ganking and such, it's really viewed upon and I don't think a gang of 7 non-prem thieves would last for long.

But as Brq said you can lockpick certain things like boats withoud receiving a penalty, also you can steal stuff off-deed and since most deeds on chaos have been disbanded not long ago you can loot loads of stuff from freshly abandoned forts and the like. I'd more or less call it an indiana jones lifestyle.

34. Post #234
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    I'm pretty sure people can't magically track you down when you're outlaw, unless lurker in the dark works against them. But having an outlaw status is like shouting 'PLEASE KILL ME'

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,633 Posts
    Isn't there that spell that allows you to track certain players? 'Locate' or something.

Regardless, thievery and piracy kind of sort of works as long as you are with enough people, and don't care about people wanting you dead.

Back when Chaos was still the Wild server, we had a town with a brotherhood of thieves who would go around and break into houses, stealing crap. We'd get raided all the time, but we had a well defended town center, so the only people who ended up suffering were the common rabble living in the shanty town next door. One day, the thieves robbed the wrong guy, and not even hours later half the server was on our doorstep. They virtually leveled the town to the ground.

Again, in the end it doesn't really matter if you don't care about people wanting you dead wherever you go. Towns fall apart in weeks anyway, so you might as well let them go out with a bang. A funny coincidence is that the thieves town was literally a stone's throw away from where the new town now is. It's called Pirates Outpost #4 or something on the map, but back then it was Pirates of Barlstow. I was a miner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #236
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Milp doesn't want the whole server on his doorstep. You can probably steal shit nowadays without too much trouble, because of the low population. Worst you'll get is several fighters, which is somewhat bearable if everyone is online.

But the problem would be that every time you go out of your town and someone recognizes you because you stole their shit, they'll chase you till death. I don't really think someone like Borken, Stalk and probably Atazs would mind that a lot, since they got a high FS, but anyone else would be in deep shit.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    255 Posts
    Yeah i wouldn't really tolerate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,782 Posts
    I wanted to plan out g1real and my mine before I actually started mining it, so I decided to use sketchup for that.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #239
    May 2010
    2,464 Posts
    So i made a new goal for myself in wurm! Collect all rare items.
    So far i have:
    Spyglass 95ql
    Sculpting wand
    Garden gnome
    Transmutation liquid
    Glass Flask
    Fireworks
    Web armour enchant(but i need more)
    50kg large anvils
    10ql shortsword that cannot be improved(used to be a noob tool but newbs start with 5ql now so that makes the 10ql rare)
    Blessing of the dark enchant on a few of my items
    Rotting touch 87 on my sword
    Libila's demise
    What i need:
    0.4kg butchering knife
    Any star gems(QL doesnt matter)
    Brqqq's 0.03ql water
    Fountain backpack
    Bag of keeping
    Magical chest
    Any flags and banners of the old wild kingdoms
    Any armour with web armour enchant
    Bloodthirst enchant
    Farwalker amulet
    Any weapon that has both nimbleness and wind of ages enchant
    Basically any item that is under 0ql or has a power 0 enchant
    So if anyone has what i need please tell me i'll gladly buy it or trade it for something

40. Post #240
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,860 Posts
    So some guy needed healing while we were having fo sermons...

[01:19:00] <Zadarbird> *Ack*
    [01:19:02] <Zadarbird> Dying
    [01:19:11] <Fendor> ouch
    [01:19:33] <Zadarbird> [19:19:11] Fendor laughs hysterically and seems to think you are really funny.
    [01:19:34] <Zadarbird> .....
    [01:20:03] <Zadarbird> Anything? Cotton? String?
    [01:20:15] <Fendor> I can put some salt on your wounds
    [01:20:25] <Fendor> Fo loves to give me salt
    [01:20:25] <Zadarbird> Now you hate me too?
    [01:20:28] <Kaih> spoiling my pleasure to see you die on deed? nah
    [01:20:53] <Fendor> I dont hate you hehe
    [01:21:13] <Kaih> me neither
    [01:21:17] <Zadarbird> ...
    [01:21:34] <Zadarbird> And you get pleasure watching me die in the house of the god of HEALING.
    [01:21:42] <Fendor> ironic isn't it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)