1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,444 Posts
    Congratulations, you compared two songs and assume it's the whole genre. Good for you. Also, I can do it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkoT1nZOexY&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw&ob=av2e

Sorry, I don't know how to post video tags.

Edited:

I never once said this...
    Sorry, but Taylor Swift isn't country. She is pop. I hate how people think she's country. She sounds nothing like country.
    ?

2. Post #442
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    Congratulations, you compared two songs and assume it's the whole genre. Good for you. Also, I can do it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkoT1nZOexY&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw&ob=av2e

Sorry, I don't know how to post video tags.
    Wow, a musician changes their style whatever next.

3. Post #443
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    no i compared two songs and came to the conclusion that they share similar aspects and therefor could be under the same banner or genre.

4. Post #444
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Taylor Swift is a country pop artist, imo. I'd say she's actually quite good.
    I disagree. I pretty much dislike any voice that sounds like it's twelve. This is why I dislike most pop.

5. Post #445
    December 2009
    13,273 Posts
    I disagree. I pretty much dislike any voice that sounds like it's twelve. This is why I dislike most pop.
    Japanese pop must make you want to gouge your ears out then. They all sound like they're five

6. Post #446
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Wow, a musician changes their style whatever next.
    I don't think you understand the point I was making. Taylor Swift sounds MORE pop than COUNTRY in MOST of her songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    noone's forcing you to hear it, if you have the inclination to hear something, you'll enjoy it.

8. Post #448
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Japanese pop must make you want to gouge your ears out then. They all sound like they're five
    Thanks for the heads up lol.

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    I don't think you understand the point I was making. Taylor Swift sounds MORE pop than COUNTRY in MOST of her songs.
    Do you actually care this much?

10. Post #450
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    pfff
    if you don't think that's good then you just have zero musical sensibility.

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    pfff
    You there, listen to her:

12. Post #452
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    that's so emotional and japanese

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,739 Posts
    I always feel dreadfully uncultured because I just listen to whatever's catchy. I am no doubt what's wrong with the youth of today.

14. Post #454
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    I always feel dreadfully uncultured because I just listen to whatever's catchy. I am no doubt what's wrong with the youth of today.
    don't listen to those dumb dicks who say what's wrong with the youth of today.
    something catchy and powerful requires just as much effort and sophistication as being obtuse and difficult.

15. Post #455
    July 2009
    2,558 Posts
    pfff
    A lot of times is less whether or not a person considers something good and more about what their personal tastes are. A lot of Japanese pop is equally garish and shallow as American pop music is, and there is plenty of music that people may find technically impressive or otherwise decent but it is simply not in their tastes.

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,444 Posts
    No. You're not. The people that say you are the problem are the problem themselves.

17. Post #457
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    I personally think you're a great human being and I don't even know you. :)

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,721 Posts
    what's wrong with the youth of today is all the old farts saying 'you know what's wrong with the youth of today...' music is meant to be about enjoyment, not proving something man. If you're getting enjoyment from listening to what's catchy, then you're being a good music listener. Obviously if you wanted to branch out, you could, but it's not like you have a quota of obscure bands to listen to before you're officially a 'music fan'

19. Post #459
    October 2009
    5,060 Posts
    -snip-
    wrong

20. Post #460
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    Even the people who help me discover great things moan about how the little artists aren't being discovered.

Who cares, if I am the one discovering them, they should be happy.

The individuals matter the most, nobody feels good shouting from the roof tops and not being heard.

21. Post #461
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,996 Posts
    Every generation has it's gems and craps; some generations just have more of one than the other. Sometimes you need to dig through the manure piles to find the diamonds, and other times the rubies are floating atop a shallow sea of diarrhea.

All in all, you need to have the eyes to see the gems, and the nose to smell the shit. Otherwise you'd need to rely on touch; and that method is far less pleasant than the others, since try as you might to find the hard crystals, you'll eventually end up with hands stained with the gross softness.

The way some feel that their generation is crap is that they end up relying too much on their musical noses, and are so overwhelmed by the vile stench that they fail to see the glistering sparkles of the diamonds in the rough.

22. Post #462
    February 2011
    425 Posts
    I would have to say most modern day music is terrible. I mean, you don't even need to have talent. You just need to be able to write good lyrics, say them, and auto-tune. There are good musicians and bands such as Johnathan Coulton, Maroon 5, Rammstein, etc. My list could go on, but I do think most modern music is terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #463
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    I would have to say most modern day music is terrible. I mean, you don't even need to have talent. You just need to be able to write good lyrics, say them, and auto-tune. There are good musicians and bands such as Johnathan Coulton, Maroon 5, Rammstein, etc. My list could go on, but I do think most modern music is terrible.
    my god

24. Post #464
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    You are the epitomy of shallow mindedness.

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,921 Posts
    holy shit lmao

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,444 Posts
    the most overused argument for why modern music is shit, "speaking words with auto-tune".

Can you actually TRY to have a proper debate instead of sprouting some mindless rubbish that only the mentally degenerate believe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,559 Posts
    -snip- god dammit post dates. The main reason I hate today's shit music is back then the message was't about bitches, hoes and boats and money type of shit

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,679 Posts
    The main reason I hate today's shit music is back then the message was't about bitches, hoes and boats and money type of shit
    I really, REALLY hope that this is sarcasm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,721 Posts
    -snip- god dammit post dates. The main reason I hate today's shit music is back then the message was't about bitches, hoes and boats and money type of shit

oh hey look it's a rap track about an Asian civil rights activist

30. Post #470
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,458 Posts
    Eh, try listening to different types of music. Try to look for indie music makers (not sure if indie is the right word, but basically people that are far from popular and not widely known). I found a lot of good music that way.

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,921 Posts
    Because a couple of mainstream hip hop artists encompass the entire musical world. Learn what you're talking about before you make retarded statements like this.

32. Post #472
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    There are good musicians and bands such as Maroon 5
    hhaahhaahahha

33. Post #473
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I say people aren't looking hard enough. There are so many incredible artists out there that no one notices because they're so wrapped up in how bad some other ones are.

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,444 Posts
    I say people aren't looking hard enough. There are so many incredible artists out there that no one notices because they're so wrapped up in how bad some other ones are.
    THIS THIS THIS.

People need to spend more time finding music instead of bashing stuff they don't like.

35. Post #475
    A Casual Businessman (or something even worse.)
    August 2009
    916 Posts
    exactly

imo that's actually kind of another reason terrible artists can get popular and actually develop a loyal fanbase

um wow

36. Post #476
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,544 Posts
    instead of being a spaz faggot and flip out im just gonna say what you are talking about is todays' mainstream music, not modern music as a whole. just pointin out your mistake.

Edited:

that's not todays music.

that is a genre.

seriously.

gangsta rap.

Edited:

hhaahhaahahha
    another fantastic post by forum superstar thisispain

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,662 Posts
    Music in this generation, for the most part, has no logic or actual musicality put into it at all. Let's look at something like this:

Name one contemporary piece that can compare to logic of this.

Everything Bach, and other composers of their generations wrote took time, patience, and logic. Nowadays, musicians can rely on electronics to hide their 'talent' and to create nice beats for them in a few weeks. Everything musicians did in the past was constructed with every brick in the right spot. Granted Bach did have to hand-write all his pieces, but the actual performance base of the music relied on everyone's cooperation to know their part perfectly.

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    Name one contemporary piece that can compare to logic of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,662 Posts
    the beach boys don't even compare to the number of songs bach, mozart, handel, etc. wrote. The number of songs classical musicians wrote, each being just as accurate and logical as the last, is astronomical. The BWV catalog for bach has 1,127 pieces in it. Mozart is around 600. It's doubtful that anyone nowadays can compare.

Music and logic nowadays are going down the drain. Most people ignore rules and just plop notes on a page and experiment with how things sound and just go for it. Classical masterminds crafted their music with great, incomparable precision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,636 Posts
    the beach boys don't even compare to the number of songs bach, mozart, handel, etc. wrote. The number of songs classical musicians wrote, each being just as accurate and logical as the last, is astronomical. The BWV catalog for bach has 1,127 pieces in it. Mozart is around 600. It's doubtful that anyone nowadays can compare.

Music and logic nowadays are going down the drain. Most people ignore rules and just plop notes on a page and experiment with how things sound and just go for it. Classical masterminds crafted their music with great, incomparable precision.
    I just wanted your opinion on it, but since you're unethically biased, I have nothing else to say to you.

But we can talk about classical music if you wish: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1100123