1. Post #1
    August 2009
    2,057 Posts
    In this thread you can debate all aspects of prostitution, whether it's right or not and etc.
    But what I'm really wondering about is this:
    If a prostitute has sex with a man, and the man doesn't pay up, should it be considered rape?

I really don't know what to think of this. On one hand, the prostitute agreed to have sex with the man on the condition that he'd pay, which he didn't, so the woman didn't really consent to it.
    On the other hand, we can't assume that the man did anything violent, they did just have regular sex, not unlike any other sold sex.

What do you think?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    7,237 Posts
    Wouldn't it be theft?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,287 Posts
    Wouldn't it be theft?
    This.

4. Post #4
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    It's theft.
    In simple terms: The female offered the male a service. The male accepted, used the service but didn't pay up.

5. Post #5

February 2008
    65 Posts
    Considering this:
    Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse, which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person's consent.
    Unpaid prostitute is not raped but unpaid. Should be classified by law as "theft".

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,103 Posts
    Legally, the crime would be breach of contract. It's the same thing as washing someone's car under agreement that you'll be paid for it - if the client doesn't pay up, they're breaking a verbal contract.

It's not theft because no physical property was taken, and it's not rape because the prostitute consented voluntarily to the sexual action.

7. Post #7
    August 2011
    771 Posts
    It's consensual sex, so it's not rape.

8. Post #8
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Who wins by having prostitution be illegal?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    Who wins by having prostitution be illegal?
    Pimps

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,442 Posts
    Don't you pay beforehand?

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Isn't this kind of like drugs?
    If drugs stay illegal, dealers sell and don't have to pay taxes or anything of the sort because they aren't affiliated with the government in a "real job".
    If drugs are legal, dealers wouldn't be able to sell them and those who would would have to pay taxes.

Something like that also applies in this case right? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Oh and yea, it would be theft, not rape. She agree'd, even though he didn't pay. Its like going into a store, grabbing and using something and not pay for it.

12. Post #12
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Don't you pay beforehand?
    That's not the point, and we are clearly talking about a case in which the client didn't.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,556 Posts
    It's theft.
    In simple terms: The female offered the male a product. The male accepted, used the product but didn't pay up.
    what?

prostitution is a service not a product. Period.

it's more akin to haircuts than a Big Mac.

Unless you're talking about sex slaves.

However most require payment before sex, if you don't it would be treated similarly to not paying for a haircut.

14. Post #14
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,427 Posts
    Well technically if a man has sex with a prostitute and then refuses to pay her it's not rape because she consented beforehand but then changed her mind. She offered a service, provided a service, and then got stiffed on the bill, so technically it would be a scam then.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    7,237 Posts
    Theft of service is still theft. You can be charged of larceny.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,715 Posts
    what?

prostitution is a service not a product. Period.

it's more akin to haircuts than a Big Mac.

Unless you're talking about sex slaves.

However most require payment before sex, if you don't it would be treated similarly to not paying for a haircut.
    I don't think the barber shop is going to brutally kill you if you attempt to steal from them...

Edited:

And if she offered consent prior to and during intercourse, it's not rape. You can't just change your mind after you've had sex and say "just kiddin i never really consented hehehe."

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    So if a man raped a woman, and then paid her for the service afterwards, would that make it prostitution?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,715 Posts
    So if a man raped a woman, and then paid her for the service afterwards, would that make it prostitution?
    no it'd be rape

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,586 Posts
    It's basically forced sex.
    excuse me im stupid
    It wouldn't be forced rape.

About my previous thing on rape, I was being retarded. Rape is sexual assault, vagina or anal.

Like many others said, it's sexual theft.

20. Post #20
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,824 Posts
    It's theft.
    In simple terms: The female offered the male a product. The male accepted, used the product but didn't pay up.
    They offer a service. They're aren't products.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,957 Posts
    Wouldn't it be theft?
    Theft is crime against property, so if you see a prostitute as an object rather than a person that would indeed be the case...

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    They offer a service. They're aren't products.
    It would be like not paying a maid or cleaner. What is that counted as?

Edited:

If drugs stay illegal, dealers sell and don't have to pay taxes or anything of the sort because they aren't affiliated with the government in a "real job".
    If drugs are legal, dealers wouldn't be able to sell them and those who would would have to pay taxes.

Oh and yea, it would be theft, not rape. She agree'd, even though he didn't pay. Its like going into a store, grabbing and using something and not pay for it.
    That's exactly my point, having it illegal only helps criminals. That isn't the point in this debate though.

23. Post #23
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    It's basically forced sex.
    excuse me im stupid

It wouldn't be forced rape.

About my previous thing on rape, I was being retarded. Rape is sexual assault, vagina or anal.

Like many others said, it's sexual theft.
    Uh no, rape is any and all penetration of the body without consent.

Edited:

It would be like not paying a maid or cleaner. What is that counted as?

Edited:

That's exactly my point, having it illegal only helps criminals. That isn't the point in this debate though.
    Breach of contract.

24. Post #24
    playdoh
    May 2008
    3,042 Posts
    Uh no, rape is any and all penetration of the body without consent.
    So stabbing someone and sticking your dick in it is rape?

But in all seriousness, it would be theft. Although prostitutes usually charge first.

25. Post #25
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    Legally, the crime would be breach of contract. It's the same thing as washing someone's car under agreement that you'll be paid for it - if the client doesn't pay up, they're breaking a verbal contract.

It's not theft because no physical property was taken, and it's not rape because the prostitute consented voluntarily to the sexual action.
    Theft of services

26. Post #26
    Official Bro of DD

June 2010
    13,642 Posts
    I know its fox news but it apparently happened http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307245,00.html

27. Post #27
    December 2011
    894 Posts
    A rape is when the act is performed unwillingly. A prostitute offers her services to anyone. It would be a theft.

28. Post #28
    October 2010
    13,370 Posts
    You'd probably get beaten up until you pay if you ever tried to rip-off any higher class hooker.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,234 Posts
    But what if you rape a prostitute and then pay her afterwards?

What if a prostitute rapes you and then you pay her afterwards?

What if a prostitute rapes a prostitute and then both pay afterwards?

30. Post #30
    Official Bro of DD

June 2010
    13,642 Posts
    Its still rape because it was not consensual

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    Its still rape because it was not consensual
    The sex was consensual. That's the same as saying that it is rape if I promise to do the dishes if my girlfriend gives me a blowjob and then don't.

32. Post #32
    December 2011
    50 Posts
    if the customer doesn't pay. there is a pimp who doen't give a shit why he did not pay.
    technicly if he uses and does not pay, it's not rape but "thievery" like in every other shop.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,556 Posts
    Theft of services
    which is breach of contract...

ffs

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,348 Posts

So you think that making drugs legal will make drug dealers stop selling drugs illegally? (As far as I know, to be able to sell drugs legally you need to sell them in a shop and with a license/age restriction. I'm pretty sure drug dealers will still sell them illegally on the streets for a cheaper price)

35. Post #35
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    So you think that making drugs legal will make drug dealers stop selling drugs illegally? (As far as I know, to be able to sell drugs legally you need to sell them in a shop and with a license/age restriction. I'm pretty sure drug dealers will still sell them illegally on the streets for a cheaper price)
    People might want to try and sell, but there will be no one to buy. Think about it, why would you buy from some shady dealer, not knowing what quality product you might get, when you can get it from a licensed dealer which has to deliver quality product.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,348 Posts
    People might want to try and sell, but there will be no one to buy. Think about it, why would you buy from some shady dealer, not knowing what quality product you might get, when you can get it from a licensed dealer which has to deliver quality product.
    Same reason the aftermarket for any product out there still sells.

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    2,119 Posts
    If that were the case then surely dealers would be selling alcohol and tobacco?

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,348 Posts
    Valid point.

39. Post #39
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Same reason the aftermarket for any product out there still sells.
    That isn't a hazard for your health though.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,234 Posts
    There are some that do. I used to get my stoggies from an unlicensed dealer because he sold them for a couple of bucks cheaper.

On topic: TECHNICALLY it wouldn't be rape, because it was consensual; however, if this were to happen it would probably be filed as rape. If the prostitute knew you weren't going to pay then it wouldn't have been consensual, so I suppose it could also be considered fraud.