View Poll Results: Which State do you want this to be in?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florida

41 15.36%
  • Georgia

25 9.36%
  • Alabama

19 7.12%
  • South Carolina

6 2.25%
  • North Carolina

28 10.49%
  • Mississippi

6 2.25%
  • Tennessee

12 4.49%
  • I'm not coming, but I want to vote too!

130 48.69%
  1. Post #1
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    So after much deliberation in This Thread I have decided to go ahead and attempt to start the first annual US Camp Facepunch: SouthEast Edition.

Date:
    This will occur May 20-25. 6 days of camping goodness starting Sunday morning and ending Friday night.

Time:
    I'm not going to set an actual time until we agree on a location, but plan on being at the campsite early to mid morning (Betwen 7am and 10am Sunday morning) and leaving mid evening to early night Friday (between 7pm and 10pm Friday night).

Naturally it depends on your transportation when you actually arrive and leave, especially if you come by plane, train, or bus.

Magnolia Springs State Park in Central Georgia

What we're renting

For $300 per night, we can rent a Dormitory with either a 16 person cottage with a kitchen or use of the dining and kitchen facilities attached to the Dorm.

Dormitories:
    -Fits up to 50 people in bunk beds
    -Either Kitchen is stocked with cooking utensils and pots and shit. Bring your own food.
    -Get use of either attached dining hall and kitchen OR 16 person cottage with smaller kitchen and porch/dining room

OR:

16 Person Cottage for $135 per night. Sleeps 16 people in bunk beds with a kitchen and dining room/porch. We can add an extra 6 person cottage for another $100 a night to make it $235.
    -Fits 16 people in bunks in main cottage and up to 6 people in the smaller cottage
    -Self contained kitchen with pots pans and cooking utensils

Both of these options include hot showers, activity areas, swimming, etc. Linens are not provide so bring your own sheets/blankets/pillows and the deposit is one night's stay, then we pay the rest when we get there.

I asked about the Pioneer camping but that didn't sound like something we want. There is NO hot water there. Only pit toilets and cold water showers which may or may not be turned off in May.

We need at least 20 people DEFINITELY coming to rent the Dormitory. Otherwise we'll be renting the 16 person cottage and if need be the additional 6 person cottage.

This is happening. Fill out the google document I posted in the OP and PM me whether or not you are DEFINITELY coming.

Cost of renting this shit will be split up evenly.

Rules and Restrictions:
    I know that you all don't want to hear about rules, and that you just want to have fun, but there needs to be some framework at least for this to not devolve into a chaotic shitfest that gets some    all    of us in huge trouble. SO.

•You must be 18 to attend - I'm sorry, but I don't want to be legally responsible for anyone else, and I'm sure no one else does either.
    •No Illegal Drugs/Narcotics - I'm a pretty laid back guy, but for fucks sake don't bring it. NONE of us want to get arrested for possession/accessory. Nothing in a grey area either    salvia   
    •Alcohol - If you're 21, you can drink. If not, you can't. Not even if you're 21 next week. The police don't care and neither do I. If you bring it, do not give it to anyone underage.
    •Respect the rules of the park - I'd like to make this an annual thing, which will be hard if we get ourselves kicked out of every park we go to.
    •Do not bring past grudges/hatreds/feuds/etc from the forum to the camp. No one wants that kind of drama. If you can't set it aside, don't go, or don't associate with the person.
    •Do not do anything illegal. It's pretty simple. If we need to explain what that means to you, you can't come.
    •Generally just don't be a douche.

Price:
    Dormitory - $1,500 split between 20+ people -At most, $75 per person -Ideally, $65-$50 per person, as low as $30/person if we have 50
    Both Cottages - $1,175 split between 16-20 people -At most, $73 per person -Cheapest, $60 per person
    One cottage - $675 split between up to 16 people -At most, $50ish per person -Cheapest, $45 per person

Click Here to fill out the Sign-Up Form

Possibly Attending:
    •Daijitsu
    •barttool
    •skynrdfan3
    •dbk21894
    •meepugh
    •Bonzai11
    •venn178
    •Llamaboy9
    •Chubbles
    •Doctor Zedacon
    •laxplayer77alt +1
    •Edthefirst
    •Euphorium
    •Saza
    •Treybuchet
    •Bredirish123
    •Whitefox08
    •UncleJimmema
    •SpaceGhost

I am expecting at least 15 people to come to this based on the amount of people in the South-East United States from the other thread. 15 people is not the limit. I will add more slots up to 50 people if it is required.
    Definitely Attending:
    1. Ven Kaeo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic x 7Disagree x 3Funny x 2Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,429 Posts
    ah man, I'm not sure if I'd be available to make such a long trip on short notice, but I'd like to help out with this if I'm available. Put me down as "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe", and that's stil like, if someone buys me a plane ticket out to florida to join y'all or something.

3. Post #3
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,604 Posts
    If it's in florida, there's a high chance I could go! put me down on maybe.

Edited:

though, ten people is too little, I'd say minimum 15 people.

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    It probably will be. From what I recall most of the SouthEastern FPers are from Florida

5. Post #5
    June 2010
    3,925 Posts
    if its in MS i'll go

6. Post #6
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,539 Posts
    I want to come!

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Added to the list.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    3,109 Posts
    Count me in as maybe, not sure if I can afford to go.

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    If it's in florida, there's a high chance I could go! put me down on maybe.

Edited:

though, ten people is too little, I'd say minimum 15 people.
    I'm just expecting at least 10. I'll add more up to 25.

Anyway looked over your form submission. Didn't realize you were coming from Panama. No chance you can bring a bigger tent?

10. Post #10
    1 Dollar
    June 2005
    1,902 Posts
    Same thing as barttool, if it is in Florida there is a pretty high chance I can make it. Jot me down as maybe.

11. Post #11
    I am from NC, I am down.

12. Post #12
    It was only a dollar!
    June 2009
    328 Posts
    Hm. A lot of NC punchers down here in the southeast.

13. Post #13
    I wish I could see who voted NC

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    there's more in the north west-east

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    there's more in the north west-east
    So start a NorthEast FP Meetup.

This is specifically geared for people in the Green/Orange states. If you're outside of that area, start your own meetup or make the trip farther south.

Please don't vote on the northernmost state in the list and inconvenience FPers actually in the target area just because you don't want to go farther south.

16. Post #16
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,604 Posts
    I'm just expecting at least 10. I'll add more up to 25.

Anyway looked over your form submission. Didn't realize you were coming from Panama. No chance you can bring a bigger tent?
    I put that because I don't even have a tent, I would have to buy it, and if I go I'm planning on doing that when I get there

17. Post #17
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,987 Posts
    No love for Californians.

Whatever I'm not 18 so I couldn't go anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I put that because I don't even have a tent, I would have to buy it, and if I go I'm planning on doing that when I get there
    Alright. Well we might have limited space so wait before you buy a tent and see if you can't share with someone who's bringing a larger tent.

I'll be bringing a 3-4 person tent so I'd have room for a couple of people.

19. Post #19
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Might be able to do this.

Florida has amazing parks we should do it in Florida.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,033 Posts
    I live in Georgia, I'd more than likely come so put me down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    So start a NorthEast FP Meetup.

This is specifically geared for people in the Green/Orange states. If you're outside of that area, start your own meetup or make the trip farther south.

Please don't vote on the northernmost state in the list and inconvenience FPers actually in the target area just because you don't want to go farther south.
    i didn't say north east, i said north west-east, top left of the country

22. Post #22
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    How dare you include Pennsylvania as part of the "South East." I want no part in the South.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Just reread the OP. Fort DeSoto is like an hour away from me. Let's do that. I'll bring at least two people with me, I think.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    I'd go to NC (I'm in NoVA), but your dates are in finals week.

Push it back a week and I'll go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    if its in georgia i might come

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I'll see about moving the date forward a bit.

Edited:

How dare you include Pennsylvania as part of the "South East." I want no part in the South.
    Shhhhh

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    i think late may would be better especially for anyone in college as most colleges/universities get out around early may
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Really? Strange. My college lets out April 27th.

29. Post #29
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,415 Posts
    It can't be Alabama.
    They told me they don't want me in Alabama.

30. Post #30
    11:41 PM - Streptovsky: I am not going to be legally responsible for a minor.
    11:41 PM - Streptovsky: End of story
    11:41 PM - Streptovsky: I'm going camping to get to know FPers and relieve stress, not to worry about if I'm going to be responsible for someone.
    11:41 PM - *Erp: then don't be
    11:41 PM - Streptovsky: I won't
    11:41 PM - Streptovsky: Because you're not coming

op is being mean to me :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Okay so I apparently need to stress the importance of the age thing.

If you are under 18, you are legally a minor. In such a case, any adults (18+) you are with legally assumes responsibility for you.

That means that, if you are say 17 and you come and you break something, I, am the host, and legally and financially responsible for that. Doesn't matter if I don't know you. My responsibility.

I, and I'm sure no one else who will be coming, wants that responsibility. If I did, I'd have had kids.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but if you are not 18 on or before the date we go camping, you cannot come. I don't care if you're an emancipated minor or something else you think might make you an adult. The answer is no.

Edited:

Ninja'd by the reason I am posting this.

Whale it isn't personal. You're a minor. You can't come. I'm sorry.

I'm not going camping to be responsible for what the state defines as a child.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,247 Posts
    Georgia seems like the best option; I may be able to attend on one of my visits back to the states. This is of course if it happens during a period I'm free or before/after the England Camp FP meetup (Which I'm still sorting out)

Edited:

Okay so I apparently need to stress the importance of the age thing.

If you are under 18, you are legally a minor. In such a case, any adults (18+) you are with legally assumes responsibility for you.

That means that, if you are say 17 and you come and you break something, I, am the host, and legally and financially responsible for that. Doesn't matter if I don't know you. My responsibility.

I, and I'm sure no one else who will be coming, wants that responsibility. If I did, I'd have had kids.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but if you are not 18 on or before the date we go camping, you cannot come. I don't care if you're an emancipated minor or something else you think might make you an adult. The answer is no.

Edited:

Ninja'd by the reason I am posting this.

Whale it isn't personal. You're a minor. You can't come. I'm sorry.

I'm not going camping to be responsible for what the state defines as a child.
    Minors should be able to come as long as you have them and their respectable guardian sign and submit a waiver basically saying you are not responsible for them getting themselves hurt, arrested, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I'm not going to make, distribute, get copies of, and notarize waivers for minors to come camping. Too much work.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,247 Posts
    I'm not going to make, distribute, get copies of, and notarize waivers for minors to come camping. Too much work.
    They don't have to be physical copies, you can create a PDF, have it available for download and they can print it off, sign it, then email you the form and all you'd have to do is keep it backed up both on your harddrive and physically in the event of it being needed.

Essentially it just needs to acknowledge that you do not take responsibility for their actions or anything that may happen to them over the period of the event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    200 Posts
    I live in the southeast (georgia) but I do not know anything of the ways of facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,247 Posts
    I live in the southeast (georgia) but I do not know anything of the ways of facepunch
    What city/county?

I originally am from Douglasville/Paulding County.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    200 Posts
    savannah aka not atlanta aka c-port aka birthplace of the other guy from outkast

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,247 Posts
    savannah aka not atlanta aka c-port aka birthplace of the other guy from outkast
    Beautiful city, I have an exgirlfriend who lives there. She went to Effingham County High School, and now goes to GA Southern. First girl I porked too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,604 Posts
    aww shit, where are the florida facepunchers man??

40. Post #40
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    I personally think North Carolina would be a decent middle-ground for everyone. That way people from both the North East and South East could travel about the same distance.

As for minors: I don't think, even with a waiver, they should be able to attend. You have to think about the circumstances here. You've got a group of young adults around, some drinking, etc. Some camping locations still hold people of 18 years or older liable, with or without a waiver. Ultimately the responsibility lies on the host no matter where you go. I just think legally it's easier to settle disputes over damages / stolen property if you're over 18. If not, damages must be paid through the party hosting the event, meaning there will later be a fight with the underage childs' parents'.