place, but how many artists are in a regular Garry's Mod
    community that are really great at making show case maps like
    pixelTail development team? I guess there are those gems out
    there.

Another thing is, I really want to have over
    one-hundred floors; variety of elevator DLC and map packs that
    goes to the engine limit, but, I don't just want a showcase of
    the artists work(truly amazing), I would love exploration,
    puzzles and all sorts of cooperation needed.

I see a lot of potential for this gamemode, plus the team's innovation
    makes this an everlasting project that could last hours upon hours of
    content.

Imagine an exploration floor where the elevator
    breaks down and your objective is to find the repair tools which
    is hidden inside that floor you are stuck on with puzzles to be
    solved to find these repair tools, that is when cooperation with
    some friends or forty players comes into play.

The only limitation is the Source Engine but I know it's a solvable
    problem: Map change once the server has done every possible
    floor combination to a second map with twenty-eight floors, I
    guess I'm saying more elevator maps to choose from. And maybe
    before every map change, it gives the players the option to
    chillout, for small servers of course.

This summary of a chat is brought to you by SekCobra's Network Security (SNS)
    So can we do a thing where people can contribute and donate floors? Because I would be so in.

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    169 Posts
    So can we do a thing where people can contribute and donate floors? Because I would be so in.
    That is definitely a possibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,714 Posts
    That is definitely a possibility.
    YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #124
    Zoo
    I CHEW GRINT LIKE IT'S MY FUCKIN' B-DAY
    October 2008
    967 Posts
    I cannot wait to play this game fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    88 Posts
    I now have a server up with an admin mod installed.

64.94.238.105:27015

It is 15 Slots because I do not want 40 people in there at a time, it creates lag and the NPCs are jittery.

6. Post #126
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    I'll revive my old Cube server for this.

7. Post #127

February 2011
    5 Posts
    At first I was like : "Meh, fake title, let's see..." and then I was like : "Mother of god...".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,506 Posts
    I recorded a little something last night

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,126 Posts
    Oh god, the acapella Mystic Cave remix.

im dying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    Did the op server crash or something?

11. Post #131
    November 2009
    244 Posts
    Any chance you could add a command to remove the NPCs after x amount of time once they get to the top floor?

As unless there is an Admin about who can give themselves a gun and kill them off, they kind of stack up and after a few hours things seem to start breaking with all the NPCs about.

12. Post #132
    Where do i get that sweet Daft Punk remix
    also the royzoll was awesome

You guys should release the music as a pay-what-you-want soundtrack via Bandcamp.

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    88 Posts
    How would I go about making it so there is no wait time between slaps for admins only?

14. Post #134
    Reduce the time between slaps to 30/60 seconds for all players
    seriously the wait is crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    September 2009
    2,879 Posts
    needs buttons

and emergency system

and security cameras

and shitting on the floor

and elevator rape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 17Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,929 Posts
    Waited for like an hour to get to the chill zone

17. Post #137
    (Banned Depressed user.
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,828 Posts
    I migth check this out, Seems promising.

18. Post #138
    July 2008
    648 Posts
    How would I go about making it so there is no wait time between slaps for admins only?
    elev_cooldown 0

19. Post #139
    January 2012
    187 Posts
    Going down?

20. Post #140
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Dammit, I was too busy doing homework last night to play this game! Will have to try it later today!

21. Post #141
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,883 Posts
    I am actually slightly disappointed. Once you think about it, it's just some sort of "interactive movie".
    The only fun me and my friends had out of it was slapping eachother's ass with an increased slap force.
    But this is just my opinion. You only can play this gamemode twice without getting bored of it.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,750 Posts
    I am actually slightly disappointed. Once you think about it, it's just some sort of "interactive movie".
    The only fun me and my friends had out of it was slapping eachother's ass with an increased slap force.
    But this is just my opinion. You only can play this gamemode twice without getting bored of it.
    For now, yes. But surely you can see this has potential? It would be better with more floors, and since floors seem pretty simple, it's probaby easy to greatly extend this.

23. Post #143
    Direct that critique at the map.
    It's more "You can only play a map for this gamemode once or twice until it gets boring."

24. Post #144
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,883 Posts
    For now, yes. But surely you can see this has potential? It would be better with more floors, and since floors seem pretty simple, it's probaby easy to greatly extend this.
    It does have potential, but right now you can play 2 rounds of it and you're done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    88 Posts
    elev_cooldown 0
    Thanks Sam, You can always count on Sam's. Because Sam's are the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #146
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,293 Posts
    To be honest, the TV in the chill room is almost pointless, all people do is constantly spam E so nobody can play any videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    To be honest, the TV in the chill room is almost pointless, all people do is constantly spam E so nobody can play any videos.
    That's why I hosted my own server, so I could play mainly with friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,126 Posts
    That fucking    anime monster   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #149
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    That fucking    anime monster   

[h2]ONNICHANN~~~~~~*_*[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 13Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    February 2010
    131 Posts
    Unless you are going to let me go into the rooms and actually do co-op stuff this has no potential. I'm sorry but there's nothing fun or entertaining about this.

You did a good job and all, but it's boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #151
    September 2009
    2,879 Posts
    I'm sorry but there's nothing fun or entertaining about this.
    i think they know that pretty well

it's a fucking elevator simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,019 Posts
    Unless you are going to let me go into the rooms and actually do co-op stuff this has no potential. I'm sorry but there's nothing fun or entertaining about this.

You did a good job and all, but it's boring.
    You can get a good look at what they are doing on the 3rd page. :)

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/115...1#post34205036

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,674 Posts
    I've always wanted an Elevator Emulator like this and now i have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    It's very well made, but it's boring and short as shit. I preferred gm_apartments. I had more fun playing with the blender at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #155
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    So I played it in singeplayer and it was pretty fun. Could have been more interactive, considering you have to wait about 5 minutes just to watch something happen for about 20 seconds.

Also, I was trying to see if their was some special interact button,and pressed p. Well as usual it gave me weapons and unlimited ammo, but I could only use the revolver because I could not access the HUD, so I assume that their is a bug with that. Although it was as fun as hell just standing there in an elevator surrounded by dead people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    July 2008
    648 Posts
    Due to a recent attack on the official server, we've decided to shut it down. We'll keep you updated if this changes. There are still plenty of other available servers to join, so feel free to connect to those. Just look for Elevator: Source as the gamemode in the server browser. Or you can always play singleplayer or host your own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

37. Post #157
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    I think this gamemode has great potential and is a great base to work off. I know you guys think it's funny to just say "it does what it says, elevator simulator". But you could make it much more entertaining by adding interactivity with the floors.

Incredibly well made gamemode but you can only play it a couple of times before it gets boring.

38. Post #158
    September 2009
    2,879 Posts
    Due to a recent attack on the official server, we've decided to shut it down. We'll keep you updated if this changes. There are still plenty of other available servers to join, so feel free to connect to those. Just look for Elevator: Source as the gamemode in the server browser. Or you can always play singleplayer or host your own.
    Attacked? What?

39. Post #159
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,558 Posts
    Attacked as in someone (D)DoS'd it.

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,019 Posts
    Attacked as in someone (D)DoS'd it.
    kids with "If I can't play here! Nobody can!" attitude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)