1. Post #361
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    1,397 Posts
    Why does everyone complain its boring? Its a Fucking. Elevator. Simulator.

The point of it is so those long periods are supposed to be awkward, quiet, let you sink in what in the actual fuck you just saw was, look around and see other people's reactions (if any), and just go along with it until the door opens again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,639 Posts
    I'm totally going to make a custom floor if I have time

I just hope it doesn't turn out shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    169 Posts
    I went and compiled a nice little list of songs we used for ya'll:
    http://www.pixeltailgames.com/elevator/songs.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Useful Useful x 2 (list)

4. Post #364
    November 2009
    244 Posts
    So what's new/changed/fixed in gamemode revision: 418, the website gives no info.

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,629 Posts
    So what's new/changed/fixed in gamemode revision: 418, the website gives no info.
    Pretty sure its support for custom floors

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    169 Posts
    Reduced the waiting songs to 30 second samples to avoid any copyright issues.
    After all the publications going around about this gamemode - we want to be careful.

In a perfect world, we'd be able to get permission for each song. Unfortunately, we live in a world where that type of thing is incredibly difficult.

7. Post #367
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts

The point of it is so those long periods are supposed to be awkward, quiet, let you sink in what in the actual fuck you just saw was, look around and see other people's reactions (if any), and just go along with it until the door opens again.
    I just want more variety in floors. I've seen all those on one playthrough. :-|

8. Post #368
    June 2010
    2,461 Posts
    Played through it with friends. That day, a woman-slapping fest was born.

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    432 Posts
    I don't understand. Why doesn't the TV function for me? I've tried singleplayer and on various servers. All I see is a black screen with a white bar going along the top. I can't find the solution anywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,333 Posts

who said it was boring

lemme beat em up

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    279 Posts
    who said it was boring...
    Obviously someone who can't appreciate good work when they see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,460 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

13. Post #373
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    We had one where the guy with the rubber floaty tube was Jesus. Hilarity ensued, mostly centering around how he wouldn't need a floatie since he could walk on water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #374
    "Powers don't kill."
    September 2011
    1,520 Posts
    The gamemode glitched and the guys float appeared randomly floating in the air in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FLOOR, it was stalking us, and the guys on the server I was playing with made it a small meme espacially for the server.

15. Post #375
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,666 Posts
    You can block the remote by just standing on it.

Edited:

it's alright though because a bunch of players always fight over the remote, so you can only see 1-5 seconds of the video before someone else changes it

16. Post #376
    September 2009
    2,773 Posts
    it's alright though because a bunch of players always fight over the remote, so you can only see 1-5 seconds of the video before someone else changes it
    Just like real life!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,106 Posts
    In home country of Uzbekistan, we bring not many technological advanced for invention to import of Western country like as such Elevators.

In name of people of Uzbekistan want thank to you very many much give opportunity us to experience such wondrous as adventure be in elevator for no one except President here feel insides of elevator among Uzbekistan people, but keep big secret to not anyone tell story of experience. Is bad President.
    As it happens, one of my best friends is Uzbek and she'll have you know that they have both lifts and Universities - it ain't as archaic as you think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    So what effect do you use to give the music that echo effect?

19. Post #379
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    So what effect do you use to give the music that echo effect?
    The echo effect, I'd guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    Here's my little Elevator experience. Including me and a few friends being idiots and talking about religion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    325 Posts
    Fingerbang Floor Is Epic. Best Elevator Ride with 15 others ever

22. Post #382
    August 2009
    6,208 Posts
    can you let some of the NPC's live at the end

at least the skeleton dude

23. Post #383
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    1,397 Posts
    can you let some of the NPC's live at the end

at least the skeleton dude
    But, they do survive at the end...

24. Post #384
    August 2009
    6,208 Posts
    But, they do survive at the end...
    i mean before they're incinerated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #385
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,281 Posts
    I wish the floor with the red eyes wasnt the only floor that killed npc's. There should be more that do that, and maybe have the npcs get off sometimes at random floors, even if it is to certain death.

26. Post #386
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    I wish the floor with the red eyes wasnt the only floor that killed npc's. There should be more that do that, and maybe have the npcs get off sometimes at random floors, even if it is to certain death.
    There's another one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,183 Posts
    the room where     the walls and ceiling come apart, come back together, a short blackout, then you see one of the NPC's turn to bones     is another NPC Kill room. and Once I saw a NPC leave at the beach floor.

28. Post #388
    August 2011
    253 Posts
    Only place to download map in pack on front page? I don't see it on garrysmod.org

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,629 Posts
    Only place to download map in pack on front page? I don't see it on garrysmod.org
    Yeah? Is that a problem?

30. Post #390
    August 2011
    253 Posts
    Yeah? Is that a problem?
    No, just wanted to download the map before hand so I can explore.

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,629 Posts
    No, just wanted to download the map before hand so I can explore.
    The map is in the pack.
    You can just load it without the gamemode.

But don't do that, because that's stupid, you need to play this as it's meant to be played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,792 Posts
    We had one where the guy with the rubber floaty tube was Jesus. Hilarity ensued, mostly centering around how he wouldn't need a floatie since he could walk on water.
    I can beat that.

The server I played on, where I became a prophet of The Hand, we had God come on board from the beach floor, with his floaty on.

A revelation was made when it was confirmed God is black, as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #393
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,153 Posts
    Elevator Source got the Best Video Ever slot on Inside Gaming Daily
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,629 Posts

Getting there...

Edited:

I need new ideas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,363 Posts

Getting there...

Edited:

I need new ideas
    The trash compactor from the death star.
    You could put any npc or two in there, use the voice file of luke telling r2d2 to shut down the trash compactor, then scream for help as they are slowly crushed by the walls.
    Or let them live, whatever, just throwin an idea out there.

36. Post #396
    March 2009
    3 Posts
    You could put any npc or two in there, use the voice file of luke telling r2d2 to shut down the trash compactor, then scream for help as they are slowly crushed by the walls.
    Oooooh, what about one where the walls of the elevator start closing in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,629 Posts
    Oooooh, what about one where the walls of the elevator start closing in?
    These are both good ideas

38. Post #398
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,973 Posts
    I've got one:

Elevator doors open, and at the end of a long coridoor is another elevator. The elevator you're in and the coridoor slowly start tipping so that, slowly, everyone starts sliding down the coridoor into the other elevator, the doors shut, the elevator rights itself and the game continues.

Edited:

Welp, I have very limited hammer experience, and usually I make the mistake of doing 1 room in a huge amount of detail, then giving up on my map.

But this mod means that 1 room in a lot of detail is actually all I need! Huzzah! So I think i'll make this room myself...

Edited:

By the way, wouldn't it make more sense to save the individual floors as vmfs which can then be imported via the prefab tool into one big expansion map? As long as everyone names their shit quite uniquely so that the inputs don't overlap too much (y'know, "JACKALDSFLOOR1_Door1" rather than "door" etC) then that would make sense.

39. Post #399
    May 2009
    3,423 Posts
    Some cool news a quick video was shown at the end of IG daily from machinima on youtube.

For those who watch ig daily it is the part at the end when they say now it's time for the best video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJLk...iyHqxFyeBtwvtQ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

40. Post #400
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,153 Posts
    Some cool news a quick video was shown at the end of IG daily from machinima on youtube.

For those who watch ig daily it is the part at the end when they say now it's time for the best video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJLk...iyHqxFyeBtwvtQ
    That's liek the worst way to describe what the best video ever section is, also this was posted before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)