1. Post #1
    September 2010
    26 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFkEULhLPwY anonymous explains how the corporate pigs of the U.S. government are censoring the internet ... this could result in no logner having the ability to freely browse the web or use social networking sights BE PREPARED alone we are nothing but as a group we are INVINCIBLE! warn all your friends we will rise against this terrible act...

(User was banned for this post ("This is NOT how to make a debate thread" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,437 Posts
    How is this a debate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #3
    September 2010
    26 Posts
    people that disagree can debate

Edited:

im sure people will be shortly having a go at me sorry for the inconveniance

4. Post #4
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,800 Posts
    I believe SOPA is bad but SOPA isn't as bad as everyone says, meaning it won't shut down the Web in any case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    September 2010
    26 Posts
    see debate... anyway elecbullet our rights to freely browse the web will be taken

Edited:

it will be illegal to download of garrysmod.org :(

6. Post #6
    November 2011
    1,353 Posts
    see debate... anyway elecbullet our rights to freely browse the web will be taken

Edited:

really? Garrysmod.org has copyrighted material?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,643 Posts
    really? Garrysmod.org has copyrighted material?
    yes

8. Post #8
    September 2010
    26 Posts
    because of all the shit ripped from other games

9. Post #9
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    9,152 Posts
    because of all the shit ripped from other games
    And backgrounds with copyrighted music or pictures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    5,270 Posts
    All the negative comments about the effects of things such as SOPA and PROTECT IP always assume the absolute worst case scenario, which I find incredibly annoying. For example, if SOPA did come in, I really doubt that sites such as Facebook, Wikipedia and YouTube will get blocked straight away, they probably won't be blocked at all. This is simply fear-mongering on an incredible scale.

Don't get me wrong, although I can understand the basis of introducing such measures to protect intellectual property, I don't support SOPA and PROTECT IP in their current states. However as I said above, such sites will probably NEVER be blocked, and that goes for many other sites as well. The whole internet (not even an incredibly small portion of it) won't shut down under either bill, it's not going to be the end of your internet life.

Quit fucking whining about it, if you want to do something to prevent the bill, then sign petitions that go against either bill, and write to your local representative and senator and explain why you don't want to see either bill get signed in to law. You live in a democratic society, so fucking use your democratic rights. Hell, if you're that desperate, use your freedom of assembly if you have to.

11. Post #11
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,800 Posts

Edited:

Protip: that's already illegal.

That Starfox model you downloaded? It's a derivative work of Starfox, created and redistributed without consent of the copyright owner. If they felt like it they could sue you. Problem is that would be extremely bad publicity and they probably don't give a shit anyway.

I find it extremely fascinating how every goddamn time the newest god-awful copyright act is being debated, everyone bitches about all the things that will become illegal... and half of them are illegal already anyway!

"THIS ACT WILL MAKE TF2 VIDS ILLEGAL!" TF2 videos are already derivative works of Valve material. So yeah illegal. Valve won't sue though because they're not hyperdicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,643 Posts
    All the negative comments about the effects of things such as SOPA and PROTECT IP always assume the absolute worst case scenario, which I find incredibly annoying. For example, if SOPA did come in, I really doubt that sites such as Facebook, Wikipedia and YouTube will get blocked straight away, they probably won't be blocked at all. This is simply fear-mongering on an incredible scale.

Don't get me wrong, although I can understand the basis of introducing such measures to protect intellectual property, I don't support SOPA and PROTECT IP in their current states. However as I said above, such sites will probably NEVER be blocked, and that goes for many other sites as well. The whole internet (not even an incredibly small portion of it) won't shut down under either bill, it's not going to be the end of your internet life.

Quit fucking whining about it, if you want to do something to prevent the bill, then sign petitions that go against either bill, and write to your local representative and senator and explain why you don't want to see either bill get signed in to law. You live in a democratic society, so fucking use your democratic rights. Hell, if you're that desperate, use your freedom of assembly if you have to.
    Hello, this is corporate america the companies will have full control of what they deem is right and what is wrong which means if they found facepunch they'd more than likely take it down because it would be a hindrance to their greedy selfishness

Edited:

Protip: that's already illegal.

That Starfox model you downloaded? It's a derivative work of Starfox, created and redistributed without consent of the copyright owner. If they felt like it they could sue you. Problem is that would be extremely bad publicity and they probably don't give a shit anyway.

I find it extremely fascinating how every goddamn time the newest god-awful copyright act is being debated, everyone bitches about all the things that will become illegal... and half of them are illegal already anyway!

"THIS ACT WILL MAKE TF2 VIDS ILLEGAL!" TF2 videos are already derivative works of Valve material. So yeah illegal. Valve won't sue though because they're not hyperdicks.
    your right about one thing some shit was already illegal but i'm concerned about what the companies will do because if they gain control then everyone is fucked doesn't matter what country your in america will legally fuck you bad