1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    281 Posts

If not what other Android AT&T phones would be better?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts
    If you can fit it in your pockets, then definitely, it's a great device

Edited:

At least, from what I've heard, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to see one in the flesh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    281 Posts
    thanks

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    Fuck. I will suck dick and trade my s2 for a note...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Fuck. I will suck dick and trade my s2 for a note...

why, they're not super different
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,302 Posts
    why, they're not super different
    people may want a larger screen

given the chance, I'd trade my S2 for a Note

7. Post #7
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,419 Posts
    I want a bigger phone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,399 Posts
    Get the international version if you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,751 Posts
    I've had this phone in my hands before, its a great phone but depends on what jeans u wear if it will fit or not, the screen is truely HUGE and i cant control it with only left, or only your right hand your dumb can simply not touch the other side of the screen if u hold it normaly, Its indeed not so-much diffrent from the galaxy S2 , how ever its a great phone and if you are looking for a big phone, that will do everything u want and very easy to use... Buy it!

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    The three best Android devices available right now are (arguably) the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SII and the Galaxy Note. Choose based on size, but from what I've heard, the Galaxy Note is undoubtedly the best of the bunch. I don't think I've ever heard a negative thing about it, short of the size argument.

Edited:

I'm pretty sure a good test is, if you can fit a DS in your pocket, or a PSP, you can fit a Note. Try it in person, nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,751 Posts
    The three best Android devices available right now are (arguably) the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SII and the Galaxy Note. Choose based on size, but from what I've heard, the Galaxy Note is undoubtedly the best of the bunch. I don't think I've ever heard a negative thing about it, short of the size argument.

Edited:

I'm pretty sure a good test is, if you can fit a DS in your pocket, or a PSP, you can fit a Note. Try it in person, nonetheless.
    5,3 inch ds is alot smaller ( Atleast, my old ds lite )

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    5,3 inch ds is alot smaller ( Atleast, my old ds lite )
    The original fat ones, then. Isn't the Note's screen 5.3"?

Ah, it is. So the screen is the size of the entire DS.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,751 Posts
    The original fat ones, then. Isn't the Note's screen 5.3"?

Ah, it is. So the screen is the size of the entire DS.
    Oh haha yeh sorry !

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Oh haha yeh sorry !
    Nothing to apologize about, you had a valid point. The DS is the size of the entire screen on the Galaxy Note. That alone speaks volumes about the sheer scale of it.

15. Post #15
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts

If not what other Android AT&T phones would be better?
    Only if you value the size of the phone and it's stylus. Otherwise, the Skyrocket HD is functionally identical, with higher DPI and generally more phone-like. If you don't care for Samsung, the Xperia Ion is another viable alternative.

16. Post #16
    March 2010
    1,735 Posts
    Guys, I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 from Dubai (European version I believe) and when I brought it to the states in California to use with AT&T and everything was fine.. however then I switched over to T-Mobile and apparently it can't register with 3G on their networks, it can just use the one lower than it, slow as shit, I think it's Edge or something..

So planning on buying buying a Galaxy Note, I believe I should get the one from AT&T but will its 3g/4g work at T-Mobile?

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,302 Posts
    Guys, I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 from Dubai (European version I believe) and when I brought it to the states in California to use with AT&T and everything was fine.. however then I switched over to T-Mobile and apparently it can't register with 3G on their networks, it can just use the one lower than it, slow as shit, I think it's Edge or something..

So planning on buying buying a Galaxy Note, I believe I should get the one from AT&T but will its 3g/4g work at T-Mobile?
    I think AT&T and T-Mo use different frequencies in their UMTS/HSPA protocols, so you can't just buy one from one carrier and use it with the other

18. Post #18
    March 2010
    1,735 Posts
    I think AT&T and T-Mo use different frequencies in their UMTS/HSPA protocols, so you can't just buy one from one carrier and use it with the other
    Shit, any idea how I can get a Galaxy Note to work with T-Mobile?

Edited:

I really want that shit, it's sexy as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,302 Posts

Edited:

You can't do anything about it, other than wait for a T-Mo version or switch to AT&T.

20. Post #20
    March 2010
    1,735 Posts
    You can't do anything about it, other than wait for a T-Mo version or switch to AT&T.
    ugh, I love that phone, but at&t they canceled my unlimited data account and tried to bill me $400 dollars after it was already canceled too. So I'm not going back to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts

Edited:

I think the only phone that's compatible with both networks would be the Galaxy Nexus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    I think the only phone that's compatible with both networks would be the Galaxy Nexus
    For the GSM Galaxy Nexus, this is completely correct.

T-Mobile's 3G/4G frequencies are fucking weird.