1. Post #81
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,791 Posts
    Declare!
    Also by the way, I congratulate gregmasterx on his domination of the planet Piramodox.
    Sorry about the late notice.

The Argyle fleet continues to travel through the galaxy removing undue waste from the stars.
    A new ship has been developed! Entited the Speeder, it play's itself as a faster, more powerful Cruiser.

::An Asteroid has been destroyed by the Argyle fleet.

::A Speeder has joined the Canton fleet.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Oh milkdairy, as you could see in my previous post, it's probably not a good idea to have a colony on Takari IV
       Dere be drones in dese parts   

Also: I felt like posting this:

3. Post #83
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,791 Posts
    Oh milkdairy, as you could see in my previous post, it's probably not a good idea to have a colony on Takari IV
       Dere be drones in dese parts   
    What do you mean drones?

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    What do you mean drones?
    Go back a few posts.
    Declare.

The transformers have started to work, the ship assigned to Piramodox returns and the HMS Manta moves in to greet their neighbors:
    [release]Greetings! We are the TPN. It has come to our attention that you, our neighbor planet's inhabitants, have discovered space travel! We think it would be in the best interest of both party's to create an alliance, or agree to a truce. If you decline both of these, beware that we will not tolerate any hostile activity.[/release]

They also send a message to ALL THEIR ALLIES: [release]Greetings friends, we have a proposition. A new space station built near the planet of Realo, Exodus KV, Daelora and Lapsus IV. We can use this to create trade routes and boost our economy.[/release]

Meanwhile, the base's lights on Takari IV have gone an eery red...

5. Post #85
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,079 Posts
    DECLARE:

[Armagon]
    > Atmosphere and climate: Contaminaited with lethal unknown substances. Humid and warm.
    > Soil and terrain: Rich on minerals. Terrain can range from as low as 4.5 KM below sea level, up to 10 KM above sea level.
    > Life: Plants and wildlife flourish throughout the entire planet.

[Intellectual life]
    The Armagon is habitated from within. Hundreds of millions living underground in massive bunkers and natural caves reinforced and modified to suit their living requirments. The origins of Armagon go back 650 years when a starship fleet was attacked by an unidentified enemy and crashlanded in the toxic planet. With clear signs of the attacker still at large, even to date, the humans began to habitate the planet the best they could. In the fear of their only spacecraft, the people of Armagon have not attempted to "reach for the stars" until just a little while ago when one of the few research stations topside had a confirmation of (possible) non-hostile life in the galaxy.

[Actions taken]
    The military, scientists, media and the leaders are still planning on who to contact.

> Armagon sends out an omnidirectional signal, requesting alliance and trade with any planet that answers.
    > Armagon is ready to offer knowledge in return of living space and protection.
    > A fusion of two civilizations is considered as an option

6. Post #86
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,158 Posts
    Delacre.

Edited:

The sun project is progressing.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare!

The Asteroid base has expanded, another small ship is made, and two of the small ships move in position to construct the new space station.

Meanwhile, the base on Takari IV has collapsed into a giant hole...

8. Post #88
    January 2012
    48 Posts
    Declare:

OK, first of the secret project ends in 2 turns, and second the ship construction is progressing which has only 3 turns left.
    A civil war has also begun in Realo.

[Marine]Sir, we have a civil war, the people need more space to live in. Out.
    [President] OK, looks like we need some to look for a new habitable planet. Send the small airship towards Armagon, ask them to for a trade treaty, and look around maybe there'll be a planet.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Deklareer.

EDIT: Scratch that, gotta go, sorry guys

10. Post #90

February 2011
    118 Posts
    Declare after gregmasterx

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Sorry that i wasted your time guys, also, please don't discover and/or kill the drones while I'm away.

12. Post #92

February 2011
    118 Posts

Kreye accepts TPN's alliance offer.

Also Kreye has built two small ships.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Declare.

Edited:

The planet is created, and the Terraformer stops. The Planet is named in sequence Agathar XII.

TERA Becomes confused, as the entire base collapses into the "Core" of the moon which seems to be imploding. At the same time they are infuriated. only such work of an intelligent being would cause this. Who is it?

[Actions]

[Agathar XII]

Agathar XII Has been created.
    A Medium size ship will be built in 3 turns.
    A Large size ship will be built in 4 turns.
    A Small size ship has been built and has undocked into orbit.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,713 Posts

Arterra begins construction on a new capital ship. (See how much smaller it is! Your capital ships should really only be the same size as mine at most. People in the older threads actually had smaller ones in most cases.)

They also colonize the nearby planet, naming the colony Sarton after the large, all rock area that used to be present on Arterra before the buildings took it over. They also broadcast a message:

[release]People of the nearby planets, this is the empire of Arterra,

We wish to offer trade agreements with your planets. All we ask for is food, edible to types of mammalia known as "primates". In exchange we can offer an abundance of mineral resources and manufactured goods.[/release]

15. Post #95
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,791 Posts
    Your capital ships should really only be the same size as mine at most. People in the older threads actually had smaller ones in most cases.
    While a smaller capitol ship is more realisitc, compared to planet size.
    A large capitol ship makes a more dynamic, "show-off" effect. Which is necissary for making your military intimidating.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,713 Posts
    While a smaller capitol ship is more realisitc, compared to planet size.
    A large capitol ship makes a more dynamic, "show-off" effect. Which is necissary for making your military intimidating.
    Not really.

You can make an intimidating ship that's small as long as it's constructed well. A big ship is less aesthetically pleasing because most ships are smaller and the size conveys more power, but all capital ships are at the same level of power. Meaning one of my tiny capital ships could go up against your behemoth and still win by the rules of the game.

That and too large of a ship makes it look really overpowered. Man, I'm running the next edition of this thread. There just shouldn't be ships of that size prowling around the galaxy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,791 Posts
    Declare!

After returning home, an unidentified space craft was found lurking around Lapsus IV.
    It had been there for many rounds so with reason it was destroyed.
    Let anyone be warned that taking more than 2 rounds to pass through the ExodusKV Area may be slayed.

Let this be a warning of education, not war.
    We don't want this to be a habbit.

::An additional Speeder has been added to the Canton Fleet!
    ::And additional Cruiser has been added to the Argyle Fleet!
    ::A secret project is underway, it will take 2 round(s) to complete.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare.

Two of the small ships start working on the new space station. (2 turns)

Meanwhile, the new flagship, the H.M.S. Aeden is finished, (Named after the recently passed away president) and is immediately put to duty, as they have detected a large amount of drones going towards an unknown planet...

The TPN also sends a message to Exodus KV:
    [release]Greetings allies, it has come to our attention that you have recently destroyed a ship that belonged to Realo,
    we understand your decision completely, but we would like to ask you to refrain such acts for the time being.

The planet of Realo is currently in a civil war, because of lack of resources and space. Thus, the ship you destroyed was
    very valuable to them. Another reason would be because they are in an alliance with us.[/release]

Also: Here's the list of alliances.

The alliance (Major alliance, all allies of each other): TPN, Exodus KV, TERA.
    The TPN's alliances: Kreye, Realo.
    Exodus KV's alliances: Realo (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, banana, if you don't want those drones going towards your planet, tell me. They're AI, they can change their target any moment anyway.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Declare after Greg. I may be watching TV or something though, so don't get too worried if I take 30 minutes or so to notice Greg's is done.

Also banana, I rely mainly on my Ships' Sleek and angular designs to make them look more formidable. The Size doesn't matter, although I tend to make all ships the scale of my original ICSU ones. But the Alien-Type design really does give my fleet, in my opinion a "Professional Military" Type of look, in place of the Anarchy-Reminding Spires and countless antennae of for say an Exodus ship.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare

As the two ships neared Takari IV, they had seen the core, filled with red lights, and the drones nearing the unknown planet, they immediately decide to charge their main cannons, and contact their allies.

[release]THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ALL ALLIES OF THE TPN, CODE 26094 IN DRONE MALFUNCTION HAS OCCURED, WE REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE IN DESTROYING THE DRONES AND THE PLANET![/release]

::DEFINITION_CODE_26094_ACCESSED.
    ::DEFINITION=
    ::AI_MALFUNCTION.
    ::AI_SELF_AWARE
    ::HIVE_MIND_CONTROLLED
    ::DANGER_ASSESSMENT=
    ::EXTREMELY_DANGEROUS.
    ::BEST_COURSE_OF_ACTION=
    ::DESTROY_HIVEMIND.

They also send a message to the unknown planet: [release]IF ANYBODY IS OUT THERE, THERE IS A LARGE AMOUNT OF ENEMY DRONES APPROACHING YOU, BE ON THE DEFENCE.[/release]

21. Post #101
    January 2012
    48 Posts
    Declare:

The capital ship is nearing the end of its construction, in two turns. The secret project is just 1 turn away.
    Two small ships have been created and 1 medium is being produced.

Edit:btw knight you can erase the ship you destroyed, im not bothered

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare

The ships fire their main cannon's and laser turrets. They repeat their previous message:
    [RELEASE]I REPEAT, WE NEED ASSISTANCE. WE NEED HELP GODDAMN IT![/RELEASE]

Meanwhile, one of the frigate's moves in for trade with Realo.

Edited:

Wait shit fuck, forgot to remove the CHARGING thing, lemme reupload

Edited:

Done.

23. Post #103
    January 2007
    7,158 Posts
    Delacre...

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    It's declare.

25. Post #105
    January 2007
    7,158 Posts

Now i have lots of energy to consume.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    DeclAre. For real this time >.<

27. Post #107
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,791 Posts
    So what's going on?
    I'm having a hard time wraping my head around this?

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    I'm kinda guessing they just declared war on me. I could be incorrect though so TERA Will bounce a message FOR NOW.

Also apparently the drones' AI's have somehow become sentient, So I am assuming He's trying to blow up Takari because they're going to do some crazy shit with it if he doesn't, and blow people up. Haha that's some weird shit. Anyways if i don't finish my post by like, 10:30, then just skip my declare.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,345 Posts
    I plan on joining soon, I've been working on a much better Trantimir.

They're warping in through a gate that was leftover.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,713 Posts
    Man, with the size of those ships I'm seriously considering ditching this thread.

I'm sorry, but they are the fucking size of planets. Soon enough this will get way too cluttered, not to mention messed up aesthetically. Downsize your ships please. It's not that hard!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts

The Ships are built on Agathar XII, and two more Small class ships are built during the extra 2 turns that passed. The terraformer starts its warp drive, and is about to warp. It will arrive at its destination within 1 turn, and 1 declare of mine.

The Research ship begins heading off to the small crescent planet remains to see if there are any useful minerals.

TERA Bounces a message to the Manta ship attacking The moon.

[Release] Why are you attacking a flagged territory of our Empire? Are you not our ally?[/release]

Edited:

Also, Banana, I hope you're not referring to my ships at all specifically. I try to keep my planets small at least.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Declare, I'll be quick, so don't go anywhere.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,713 Posts

The Ships are built on Agathar XII, and two more Small class ships are built during the extra 2 turns that passed. The terraformer starts its warp drive, and is about to warp. It will arrive at its destination within 1 turn, and 1 declare of mine.

The Research ship begins heading off to the small crescent planet remains to see if there are any useful minerals.

TERA Bounces a message to the Manta ship attacking The moon.

[Release] Why are you attacking a flagged territory of our Empire? Are you not our ally?[/release]

Edited:

Also, Banana, I hope you're not referring to my ships at all specifically. I try to keep my planets small at least.
    Your capital ships are a little big, but not unacceptably so.

I'm mostly referring to Knight's and the dude who made the HMS Manta. Those ships are way too big.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,791 Posts
    Your capital ships are a little big, but not unacceptably so.

I'm mostly referring to Knight's and the dude who made the HMS Manta. Those ships are way too big.
    Dude, all you have done this ENITRE thread is bitch about shit.
    Just leave. We don't care how long you've "been since v1."
    Just because we don't play oldschool doesn't mean were not any worse then you.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    I'll just stay neutral for now, if enough people rate agree on this post on the matter of sizing down the ships, i shall do so as well.

Edit: Better idea, i remember some picture posted last thread on how to make ships look good or something about how to do lighting, if someone posts that, I'll size down.

already declared

As the flagships receive the message from TERA, They realize the drones have been jamming all outgoing messages so far.

They come up with a new plan of retreating for now, and sending data canisters to the TERA fleet, the EKV ships and their own forces.
    But alas, the plan doesn't go very well, the drones are on their tail.

(The message on the data canisters to TERA)
    [RELEASE]Allies, we apologize. All our outgoing signal's have been blocked by a drone infection in the planet of Takari IV. We had sent you a message about the drones approaching a civilized planet, and them originating from Takari IV, but we we're already too close to the drones for you to receive it. Deciding the civilized planet would already be decimated if we waited any longer for a response, we attacked. The best course of action we know would be to destroy the planet, but for now, we will stop attacking the planet until all of us devise a better plan. Again, we apologize, we do not want to start a war with anyone.[/RELEASE]

(Data canister to EKV)
    [release]Allies, the nearby planet of Takari IV is infested with enemy drones, and we are currently being chased by a large amount of them, please assist us in destroying the drones, and we can give the details later.[/release]

(To Daelora)
    [release]WE NEED ASSISTANCE NOW, SEND ALL SHIPS.[/release]

Edited:

Also guys, i'll start reworking my ships so that they're smaller and will fit in a fleet like milkdairy's ships.

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    Declare.

Edited:

TERA's response to the newly acquired message is anything but long.

[Release]We see..[/release]

The Fleet pulls straight into the close by Space of Takari, and begins dispatching drones.
    One medium class ship tears into the moon itself.

Meanwhile... The Research ship acquires a trace of an ore called Lapsium! It is an ore which is named after Lapsus IV, due to the abnormally compact core that Lapsus IV had. This material is quite expensive in TERA's Universal Economy, and is mainly used for creating Warp gates, and Direct Solar Aura Collector modules.

Agathar XI Sends out A Privately hired Mining contractor to extract the ore.

The Terraformer finishes its warp. It charges up.

A New TERA Planet will be formed in 11 turns + One declare of mine.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Aight, do i have permission to fire on the planet?
    Declare

The H.M.S. Manta uses a new secret and experimental technology to warp into position, and the other ship fly to their destination.

The ships begin firing their weapons.

Meanwhile, lots of drones are escaping the planet.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,173 Posts
    That would be yes. ;P

39. Post #119
    January 2012
    48 Posts
    Declare after gregmasterx:

The research has been finished and is now being transported to our dear, and only ally for now. (Also greg i have deleted them ships near my planet like you asked)
    ONLY 1 more declare for my ultimate ship to finish. +My medium ship is finished.
    Also a massage to TPN:
    We have sent a small fighter ship with the research we have promised to give you. It is our thank you for the support you gave us.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Hey milkdairy, does the map ever expand in these threads?
    I un-declare, instead, i want you guys' opinion on the new ship.

I tried to make it as small as possible while still maintaining the ship's style.