1. Post #1
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    Hiya,
    Please i am new to this and i already did some research and found nothing.

It seems HL2RP is almost dead to this community. Everyone says it makes no sense to run that serious RP becouse everyone want DM and stuff..
    So i don't care about your opinion. I want run server for me and my friends and we already agreed to run HL2RP. We want that serious RP and we will be able to maintain it. It will be language-specific server, no english, we already have community and this is just another server for our community.

So only thing i ask about is what gamemod (free) should i choose to build my HL2RP on.
    I can maintain it myself but i don't want to start from nothing. It would be best if there are any working free HL2RP gamemods that have some basics like combine stuff and basic RP stuff..

What can you suggest me?

Thanks in advance :)

(And your please save your "OMGZZZZ SEARCH UR IDIOTZZZ ZZZZ ZZZ" or "HL2RP SUCKS!!! RP IS ONLY BOUT DMING!!! OMGGGGG". I already searched.)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,232 Posts
    Tiramisu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    Thanks, but tiramisu is just framework so it has nothing in common with HL2 RP. It is just RP right? So is it at least prepared to add faction like combine and prepare other stuff? I never did anything in lua but i know many other languages (Pawn, C#, PHP and some basics of some other languages) so for beggining i would be glad for minimal lua programming. How much is tiramisu HL2RP friendly?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,999 Posts
    Ah, the good old days when RDM didn't even exist and nobody complained about getting killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    Oh i see there is HL2RP schema in Tiramisu. Also i am wandering if there is any documentation or any useful info on settings and other stuff to get faster into tiramisu.

Edit: Found wiki.. But that didn't helped me much :(

6. Post #6
    January 2009
    254 Posts
    Sorry about that, the wiki articles were written by me and flamingspaz, haven't been updated in a while. I'll update them soon. The developers are very friendly though, just post in the tiramisu thread and you'll get help fast.

7. Post #7
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    Yea thanks, i am getting into it.. Code is really easy to read and easy to understand :)
    Well thanks all of you, i really love Tiramisu and it suits my needs.. Just some customization needed and it will be rockin :)

If this is somehow moderated, you can lock this or delete or whatever you would like to do with solved post ;) :)

And again, thanks everyone :)

8. Post #8
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    2,982 Posts
    In Tiramisu 2 you pretty much don't need to code anything. Wait for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,065 Posts
    In Tiramisu 2 you pretty much don't need to code anything. Wait for it.
    Coming to a computer near you in 2014!
    But yes, tiramisu is the way to go.

10. Post #10
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    2,982 Posts
    Coming to a computer near you in 2014!
    But yes, tiramisu is the way to go.
    Actually, if things come along, it'll be released tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,065 Posts
    Don't excite me like that. I only have so much underwear.

Edited:

Brb, preparing a server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    Oh man, i won't be able to sleep today! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    490 Posts
    Ah, the good old days when RDM didn't even exist and nobody complained about getting killed.
    1999 was a good year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    What's the progress? :) Any news or date when it should be out? And/or some beta version? I would like to start working on schema as soon as possible so it could be ready when stable version is out :) I suppose current schemas and plugins won't be fully compatible with 2.0.. So what's the progress with 2.0? :) And ale is there some features list / changelog for 2.0 ? :) Or any news at all?

15. Post #15
    March 2011
    119 Posts
    Tiramisu.

No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    2,982 Posts
    Are you gonna give some reasoning behind that?

17. Post #17
    March 2011
    119 Posts
    Are you gonna give some reasoning behind that?
    It's horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    2,982 Posts
    It's horrible.
    I said reasoning, not rambling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,232 Posts
    It's horrible.
    So, what makes Tiramisu horrible?
    In my opinion it's the best free roleplaying gamemode out there.
    Is it because it lacks stupid RPG features such as stats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    So no news about 2.0 at all? Should i wait for it or not? I want to start rp server soon but now idk if it is better to wait few days for 2.0 or start working on 1.2 bc 2.0 is not going to be released in weeks..

21. Post #21
    June 2011
    768 Posts
    So, what makes Tiramisu horrible?
    In my opinion it's the best free roleplaying gamemode out there.
    Is it because it lacks stupid RPG features such as stats?
    [sarcasm]No it doesn't supprt SUPER WEAPON PACK MAD COW SHIT W@3PONS 5000![/sarcasm]
    It is perfect, just the guy who complains about it think that buying OA, which is so hardware unfriendly (need too much resources both on the client and server), is better than downloading Tiramisu, which has everything and it doesn't need special maps, really flexible and doesn't require super pc to get a decent framerate (30-40 fps).

22. Post #22

August 2008
    36 Posts
    So no news about 2.0 at all? Should i wait for it or not? I want to start rp server soon but now idk if it is better to wait few days for 2.0 or start working on 1.2 bc 2.0 is not going to be released in weeks..
    +1

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Tiramisu is great for developers. On the other hand, if you plan on using it as is, it's pretty bad. If it came with a working and well made schema, it wouldn't be a problem for some people. I personally don't like it for the lack of features, the console command admin system, and the fact you pretty much have to know how to code to make a good schema.

24. Post #24

May 2010
    1,039 Posts
    Kuroscript, it's old and robust, the only thing seperating it and openAura is the UI (and the dates at which they were made)

25. Post #25
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    2,982 Posts
    I actually ran into some trouble with Tiramisu 2, due to some shitty Linux only SRCDS error that happens when changing models while animating (At any point not really related to Tiramisu, but affects me since my dev server is Linux based).

I'm currently working in reducing the network usage of the script, which is kind of taking a while, and I still have to recode title drawing. That's kind of like, all I have planned for 2.0. The weapon creator and fighting system is coming later.

By the way, I REALLY have to disagree on Tiramisu 2 being something made for scripters. This is the only script that allows you create custom items of all types in game with no coding involved. It's the only one with this many configuration options easily toggleable through a single file, and it is the only one you can really drop on your server and make it run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    309 Posts
    sandbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,439 Posts
    sandbox.
    only worked back in the day, i tried :(