1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,082 Posts
    My brother has got around to playing BF3 as well as Skyrim on his Phenom II system. He gets great fps on both however he is looking for something better to replace his aging HD 5770. I need your suggestions on the upgrade model. We have been looking at an HD 6950 such as this to replace it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121431

The design is ideal because of their lack and discontinued use of turbine fans and heatsinks on such models. However I'm hesitant on buying the model as there might be better ones in the US market. The 7 series are out, should I wait a few weeks/months until the price drops? $300 is the price range give or take. What do you think FP? :)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,327 Posts
    Wait until the price drops for the 69xx series, the new 7's coming out won't be near $300 for a little while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,082 Posts
    6950 seems to be right under $300, might be cheaper later?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,327 Posts
    probably

5. Post #5

May 2011
    209 Posts
    if you getting a 6950, get the sapphire dirt 3 edition, it has dual bios and if your lucky the other bios may be already flashed to a 6970.
    source: I own 2 of them and one had the bios already flashed while the other had not.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,082 Posts
    Wow! Deactivated!

Why do they run out so quickly? I wanted to pick up the ones with the turbine fans but then this one as well?