1. Post #1
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I'm a bit surprised this has gone under the radar. It's still slowly being worked on by about three people. As of Dec. 3/11, 80% of the levels are done. However, they do need some help with character modeling and animating if you think you would be able to donate your ~skillz~ for the cause. They are also looking for a coder for an inventory/map system.

My favorite thing about this mod is that it looks like it perfectly captures the atmosphere of the first 3 Silent Hill games. It really looks brilliant. It is staying with the first person perspective, but looks like it keeps with everything else that is vital to the franchise. There's particular focus being placed on the puzzles, as well as cutscenes.

ModDB page for Alchemilla

Here's some screens and shit.

Here is a teaser:

The demo came out the other day!
    DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE!

Check it out, guys. It looks pretty sweet. Support them, because it's a labor of love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 52Artistic Artistic x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    i hope to god that this has co-op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 31Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,338 Posts
    One more mod to watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,122 Posts
    yeah doesn't look too bad
    been seeing this mod since they put up the moddb page

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,936 Posts
    I hope for this to have coop too, but i want spike and barley to play it too.

this looks REALLY GOOD too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,707 Posts
    5th picture looks like it's ripped directly from the game!

Edited:

Ohh yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,566 Posts
    To me most of the shit looks like ripped off from the game BUT gives a crap if it is,this looks amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Probably for the nurses if they get an animator, although they might be an alright fit for that amputated mutant shit up there.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I really fucking hope that there's no Pyramid Head in this. It's been done to death and doesn't even make sense outside of Silent Hill 2.

Anyways, I've been watching the mod for a while and it looks fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,426 Posts
    Man, so many awesome mods coming out.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,836 Posts
    Being not alone would pretty much ruin the whole atmosphere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 25Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    2:30 scared me

it wasn't even a jump scare

i have high hopes for this mod

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    New teaser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    I really hope there's a mode where you can't kill the enemies

That is seriously my worst fear in games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    You must have loved Penumbra Black Plague and Amnesia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2008
    958 Posts
    I really hope there's a mode where you can't kill the enemies

That is seriously my worst fear in games
    Running helplessly, eyes bleeding out, heart pounding insanely, a roaring scream screeches louder and louder behind you as you barely make it to the door.

The combat in the video seems rather simple (easy?) and maybe it should be toned down to only having a revolver with very limited ammo, or just a knife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,137 Posts
    Running helplessly, eyes bleeding out, heart pounding insanely, a roaring scream screeches louder and louder behind you as you barely make it to the door.

The combat in the video seems rather simple (easy?) and maybe it should be toned down to only having a revolver with very limited ammo, or just a knife.
    In all honesty I feel that a game that can maintain a good atmosphere whilst still having you be able to kill your enemies is a very, very good game. Penumbra was still pretty scary, yet if you were semi-competent you could bludgeon enemies with your pick-axe. A good arsenal doesn't have to detract from the atmosphere.

I hope they keep in all these various weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,657 Posts
    A few of the levels look meh, but it looks like it will be creepy as fuck and a hell of a lot of fun to play.

20. Post #20
    October 2011
    399 Posts
    Finally another great mod :) hopefully this one doesnt die or changes engines

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    The main guy who's making it just posted a comment along the lines of the mod getting delayed if they can't get good, custom character models made. Sign up if you're a wizard in zBrush.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    The main guy who's making it just posted a comment along the lines of the mod getting delayed if they can't get good, custom character models made. Sign up if you're a wizard in zBrush.
    Most of the Facepunchers are good only on porting shit from games...

23. Post #23
    September 2008
    715 Posts
    Well this mod looks awesome. The devs really appear to look like they know what they're doing when it comes to horror. Sucks about the delay. I can't contribute anything to it and don't know anyone who can.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,137 Posts
    Most of the Facepunchers are good only on porting shit from games...
    A retexture and a lot of hacking can go a long way. If they don't mind using only little bits from ported games, they're pretty much saved.

25. Post #25

June 2011
    52 Posts
    Glad it isn't called "silent hill" because I seen mod that called "silent hill" died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Some more alpha gameplay was released today.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alchemilla...ion-gameplay-3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    That's rad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,707 Posts
    Some more alpha gameplay was released today.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alchemilla...ion-gameplay-3
    The music is a little repetative. A part of Silent hill that i loved was when it was really quiet and suspensefull. Music during a monster moment is fine, but when it's just walking about, not all the time.
    It's looking brilliant so far though!

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Guess what, guys?

~a single new image~

Edited:

Looks nice, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    The new images are really impressive.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 4 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,872 Posts
    Looking forward to this looks great so far.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,657 Posts
    The levels are looking good, this is now one of my most anticipated mods.

33. Post #33
    I am going to play the fuck out of this. I wish the guy recording had a better computer, skippy for my tastes.

Somethings I noticed based off the latest gameplay:
    1) I hope we can't see any HUD just like in the original, same with ammo. We should go into a menu I think to see that stuff.
    2) I think he runs too fast.
    3) I think they should implement the SMOD style of movement. Feels a little more organic.
    4) I know you mentioned that they are working on sound a lot. I hope so. If there is any source sounds it will ruin the atmosphere to me, since the sounds in source are so well known.
    5) I hope they work on a fading shader that matches the original game. How it would crush the black levels into the fade and then out again. Again, it would feel more organic like film burning. Something that helped give some depression in the original game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Looking really good, it's pretty nice how there is a source horror mod what pushes source to its limits like how cry of fear pushed goldensource to its limits.

35. Post #35
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,371 Posts
    I hope they add Robert the rabbit

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Some more media's been popping up.

That second one is absolutely perfect imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Never played a Silent Hill game. Where should I start?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Never played a Silent Hill game. Where should I start?
    Uh, try the first one. That's how a series usually works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)