1. Post #1
    July 2010
    132 Posts
    Getting to be that time of year, snow incoming, and wondering what i should do to prevent any breakdowns. I'm usually out driving in it, whether it be saving my friends asses, or just having fun. Oil changes as scheduled, and fluid checks weekly, not all too sure what else to do, with 238k, don't know if i should attempt to drop the pan, or just leave it go. Any suggestions at all would be great, don't have piles of money lying around, but some regular/minor things are expected.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,102 Posts
    I own a 95 Cherokee S/E. There's not really much to do, its 4x4 and as long as you don't crash into stuff, I mean, you don't have to do anything really

3. Post #3
    July 2010
    132 Posts
    I own a 95 Cherokee S/E. There's not really much to do, its 4x4 and as long as you don't crash into stuff, I mean, you don't have to do anything really
    I know, they're amazing vehicles, but i just want to make sure mine lasts for as long as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,555 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    3,016 Posts
    Check/change the fluids, look for rust and cracks in the frame or steering components. Grease the joints and ensure tire pressure is where it's supposed to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,607 Posts
    I liked the part where that made no sense at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2010
    132 Posts
    Check/change the fluids, look for rust and cracks in the frame or steering components. Grease the joints and ensure tire pressure is where it's supposed to be.
    Speaking of rust, just got done with one side of my under-body, sheet metal, Rust Bullet, and some 3M undercoat are all applied now! Next weekend i conquer the other side. While i was crawling around under there, saw the sway bar bushing = broken.