1. Post #81
    ReThinkVPS
    July 2011
    172 Posts
    uh that is not a measure of cpu speed
    Never said it was?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    User may not:
    -Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
    No SSH tunneling for me, no business for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    ToduboT George Carlin is the BEST
    April 2010
    612 Posts
    It actually was clear, it said 'US'.
    Where does it say US? Go to your ToS and CTRL + F 'US'

I bet you won't find it.. I sure did not find it.. So please don't go of telling me what you got

Edited:

The last bit is for US shared hosting.

Edited:

Again, that's for US shared hosting.
    You guys don't even provide US shared hosting... Why include it in the ToS?!
    (From what I can tell you only provide virtual private servers)

4. Post #84
    >:C
    January 2011
    335 Posts
    Where does it say US? Go to your ToS and CTRL + F 'US'

I bet you won't find it.. I sure did not find it.. So please don't go of telling me what you got

Edited:

You guys don't even provide US shared hosting... Why include it in the ToS?!
    (From what I can tell you only provide virtual private servers)
    It's a future product we're planning to do. I have however, removed it from the ToS to avoid confusion.

Edited:

No SSH tunneling for me, no business for you.
    SSH tunneling isn't against our terms of service.

5. Post #85
    Unmetered VPS
    June 2010
    1,247 Posts
    "-Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD."

httpD? ftpD? Is anything useful allowed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    "Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities"

no http :(

"Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers."

no caching :(

"Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately."

no optimizing :(

"To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml)."

??????

7. Post #87
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    "To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml)."

??????
    hahaha what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    gra

August 2011
    276 Posts
    hi hostingblast luv your hosting keep it up
    to all the haters this is pro rated unlike all your guys hosting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

9. Post #89
    January 2011
    335 Posts
    hi hostingblast luv your hosting keep it up
    to all the haters this is pro rated unlike all your guys hosting
    If you were more schooled you'd know what pro rated is.

Made terms of service more clear.

10. Post #90
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts
    OK now that the TOS is clear.
    Giving that this is under ESXi (By the way this is bad) do we get a user for that so we can view the console and stuff?

11. Post #91
    January 2011
    335 Posts
    OK now that the TOS is clear.
    Giving that this is under ESXi (By the way this is bad) do we get a user for that so we can view the console and stuff?
    ESXi isn't bad software at all, there's the possibility to have an account too.

12. Post #92
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts
    ESXi isn't bad software at all, there's the possibility to have an account too.
    It's bad because your not allowed to sell VPS's ran on ESXi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Here is a part of the ESXi EULA that prohibits selling of VMs:
    You may not (i) sell, lease, license, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer in whole or in part the Software or the Software License Key to another party; (ii) provide, disclose, divulge or make available to, or permit use of the Software in whole or in part by, any third party (except Designated Administrative Access) without VMware’s prior written consent; (iii) modify or create derivative works based upon the Software; or (iv) create, develop, license, install, use, or deploy any third party software or services to circumvent, enable, modify or provide access, permissions or rights which violate the technical restrictions of the Software, any additional licensing terms provided by VMware via product documentation, notification, and/or policy change posted at www.vmware.com, and the terms of this EULA. Except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law, and to the extent that VMware is not permitted by that applicable law to exclude or limit the following rights, you may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software, in whole or in part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    ReThinkVPS
    July 2011
    172 Posts
    Oh dear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    sorry for not being schooled enough for you

- yours sincerely

former customer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts
    I really am interested to see how Chulo Arco is going to respond to this...

17. Post #97
    ReThinkVPS
    July 2011
    172 Posts
    I really am interested to see how Chulo Arco is going to respond to this...
    He's not going to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    gra

August 2011
    276 Posts

Made terms of service more clear.
    wow.... this is how u treat ur customers... with insults.... for shame, for shame
    cancelled my account
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Can I get a free server to test?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts
    So has the host now run off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    January 2011
    335 Posts
    FYI: I haven't run off.

Just had a busy week. :V

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,658 Posts
    FYI: I haven't run off.

Just had a busy week. :V
    You could of answered all the questions you've been given in that post, but instead you wasted your post on something we didnt care about.

GG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,117 Posts
    I don't know you guys' problem, bought one of these servers, and following the ToS, I so far had very low usage of any of my ressources!

Because I can't do anything on it. Ba-dum tsh   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts

Great Packet loss.

Edited:

Welp, I don't think I have ever done a faster backup before when I saw the paypal refund notice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Didn't survive for too long.

Next please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    861 Posts
    Well that was a blast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 9 (list)

27. Post #107
    November 2011
    482 Posts
    You may want to make it obvious on the homepage that you're closing.

28. Post #108
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Did better than last time, you managed a whole week.

If anyone who had a VPS here needs a new server that's going to last more than week, then PM me with a screencap of your order from HostingBlast and I'll give you 25% off your first month on any of my EU VPSes: http://vps.hexxeh.net
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 4Friendly x 3Funny x 2Useful x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts

If anyone who had a VPS here needs a new server that's going to last more than week, then PM me with a screencap of your order from HostingBlast and I'll give you 25% off your first month on any of my EU VPSes: http://vps.hexxeh.net
    does this apply to existing customers?

30. Post #110
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    does this apply to existing customers?
    If you bought another VPS, sure.

31. Post #111
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,605 Posts

This is why I respect you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    This is why I respect you.
    Yes, so respectable jumping on a dying carcass and tempting people away with a shitty offer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Unmetered VPS
    June 2010
    1,247 Posts
    Another fly-by host. I swear there's almost 1 a day popping up and dying now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #114
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,045 Posts

holy shit the US vpses are in the same state i am
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,611 Posts
    My god. You can't even shut down a website properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)