2. Post #42
    May 2011
    3,865 Posts

boring album cover, great, incredibly chill yet angry and melancholy music

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    464 Posts

The album art doesn't really tell you anything and it doesn't fit atmospheric black metal at all.
    The album is really good though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts

The album art doesn't really tell you anything and it doesn't fit atmospheric black metal at all.
    The album is really good though.
    It looks like some boring trance or cybergoth or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,023 Posts

Cover art is absolute shit, but the music is incredible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts

I go back and forth with this, but settle that this album art is a terd.

Edited:

If Stevie could see, he'd slap whoever did this to one of his best, most creative albums. As you can see, the artwork is embossed so at least he could "feel" the art with his hands... but that's not really seeing what it actually is at all.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts

A milestone in melodic death metal, but holy shit is that cover art terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts

If Stevie could see, he'd slap whoever did this to one of his best, most creative albums. As you can see, the artwork is embossed so at least he could "feel" the art with his hands... but that's not really seeing what it actually is at all.
    Every time I see that album cover in work I want to vomit a little bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    March 2010
    1,158 Posts

Comic sans... Why Mineral? Why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    January 2012
    339 Posts

Self explanatory. Music isn't that great but really, who does this stuff?

Also, it kinda looks like he's holding a chicken drumstick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts
    It's not that bad at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts

Self explanatory. Music isn't that great but really, who does this stuff?
    me

13. Post #53
    Willing to pay $100 to pet Hetfield's beard
    July 2011
    1,289 Posts

Horrible cover, awesome music.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts

Horrible cover, awesome music.
    weirdly it does go with the music.

15. Post #55
    Willing to pay $100 to pet Hetfield's beard
    July 2011
    1,289 Posts
    weirdly it does go with the music.
    Well that would imply that the music is ugly, which is not (at least for me it isn't).

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts
    Well that would imply that the music is ugly, which is not (at least for me it isn't).
    when you look at that you immediately think "ugly"?

It's two fingers dipped into a sludgy, custard thing.

Badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    December 2010
    6,407 Posts

The album is one of the masterpieces of rock music
    The cover is just three of them, Wetton with his handsome ball-chin, Bruford being normal, and Fripp trying as hard as he can to stare into your soul, like always. Their other albums always had very original and interesting cover artwork.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    A Casual Businessman (or something even worse.)
    August 2009
    917 Posts
    fuck no Red's album art is gorgeous and works with the album perfectly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    I think that any album art profiling the band is poor. That's just my opinion but honestly. And especially in the case of deathcore covers where they're actually posing trying to look cool and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,062 Posts

They probably could have made that look nice if it wasn't for the atrocious text.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts
    That's also badass.

Edited:

I think that any album art profiling the band is poor..
    That's kind of a dumb opinion imo.

22. Post #62
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    You have the liner notes (or in modern cases, media such as the internet) to establish what the band looks like. The front cover can help define the album. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but a good cover can intrigue me to listen to the album. Three men in black and white doesn't tell me much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts
    Yeah but you do know King Crimson make badass music right?

There's more than just "the cover" to make you listen to it, people talk shitloads about it.

24. Post #64
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    No point going in depth in it here because the end results in us both winning.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts
    true, but there is a humour to why the band decided to change their style and go for the photo of themselves. I think they finally had the confidence to go "this is what we are", it shows in the music.

26. Post #66
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
       Ignoring the fact that the album cover is satire, thus made bad on purpose...   

music > album art

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,841 Posts

great music but one of the worst album covers of all time

this one too

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,778 Posts
    Even though the music is really explosive and insane electroclash, this cover is just bizarre to look at while hearing the music.

I dunno maybe it perfectly fits, but that's just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts

papyrus!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Even though the music is really explosive and insane electroclash, this cover is just bizarre to look at while hearing the music.

I dunno maybe it perfectly fits, but that's just me.
    ain't got nothin' on this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,240 Posts
    I kind of like that, for some reason.

Edited:

kind of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    q0q
    February 2012
    699 Posts
    Everything MIA pumps out is delicious + her album art is awesome. It's a win win.