1. Post #1

April 2011
    9 Posts
    Hi all. I want to know if there is a way to change the bootscreens, logon/logoff screens, theme etc. to make it look EXACTLY like XP in Windows 7? I like Windows 7's design but I like the look of XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2008
    3,331 Posts
    use xp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    why would you ever do this?

Luna was horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 29Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,949 Posts
    why would you ever do this?

Luna was horrible
    Yes, and all food you like tastes like shit. Also blondes are better than brunettes, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Winner Winner x 11Dumb Dumb x 6Zing Zing x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    Yes, and all food you like tastes like shit. Also blondes are better than brunettes, etc.
    sup with you?

Edited:

I don't see anything wrong with what I said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Zing Zing x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,388 Posts
    sup with you?

Edited:

I don't see anything wrong with what I said.
    He means it's just a matter of opinion, I like Luna too, but I do prefer Aero
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    He means it's just a matter of opinion, I like Luna too, but I do prefer Aero
    Of course it is. :|

Edited:

Unless this is one of those silly "don't state your opinions as fact" things, as though it actually matters.

but that would be ridiculous and I'm sure it's something deeper than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2010
    8,969 Posts
    Calm down guys, some people just prefer Fisher Price UI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny x 22Zing x 2Informative x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

April 2011
    9 Posts
    Haha don't rage. I do like Windows 7, but Windows XP was the first computer I had. I appreciate the help and please don't rage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2008
    3,331 Posts
    I don't think you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2010
    8,969 Posts
    I also don't think that you should. Give W7's stock look a chance, you're gonna like it a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,414 Posts
    Go to themes and choose the oldschool ones. And make the start menu diffrent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2008
    3,331 Posts
    The problem is that he's asking for an exact replica, and that's just not gonna happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,649 Posts
    Of course it is. :|

Edited:

Unless this is one of those silly "don't state your opinions as fact" things, as though it actually matters.

but that would be ridiculous and I'm sure it's something deeper than that.
    Someone asked "I want help to do this." You came in and said, "The thing you want looks like shit," and contributed nothing to the topic.
    gparent called you out on it.
    Who is being more ridiculous?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    Someone asked "I want help to do this." You came in and said, "The thing you want looks like shit," and contributed nothing to the topic.
    gparent called you out on it.
    Who is being more ridiculous?
    I was ridiculous for making such a poorly worded post.
    gparent was ridiculous for being overly-sensitive to it.
    You're being ridiculous for stretching it out.

The OP is the only one who doesn't seem to mind, hilariously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,649 Posts
    Fair enough.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,949 Posts
    I was ridiculous for making such a poorly worded post.
    gparent was ridiculous for being overly-sensitive to it.
    You're being ridiculous for stretching it out.

The OP is the only one who doesn't seem to mind, hilariously.
    Replying once in a calm manner is being overly sensitive now? I do agree that you and the other posters are being overly sensitive about the issue, considering how many posts you guys made about something I literally do not care about... but me? no. I had already forgotten about this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,925 Posts
    Windows Royale was my favorite.

I miss that theme...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2010
    2,836 Posts
    Replying once in a calm manner is being overly sensitive now? I do agree that you and the other posters are being overly sensitive about the issue, considering how many posts you guys made about something I literally do not care about... but me? no. I had already forgotten about this thread.
    if you don't care, and had already forgotten of all this, why do you get back in here and post yet another stretch to the discussion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,949 Posts
    if you don't care, and had already forgotten of all this, why do you get back in here and post yet another stretch to the discussion?
    If you don't mind, my PM inbox is not private so feel free to continue this discussion where it belongs if you want (seeing how your post is worse than what you are querying me about).

22. Post #22

April 2011
    9 Posts
    I've been using Windows 7 like since it came out... I know what it's like.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    755 Posts
    A few years back in high school, I spent a lot of time shifting between Windows 7 at home and Windows XP at school in ROTC.

If you actually yearn for the heady days of XP's take on Explorer, you're fucking crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    Windows Royale was my favorite.

I miss that theme...
    I liked Royale over the dated-looking Luna theme, but I liked the Royale Nior and Zune themes even more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)