1. Post #1
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    This is what gm_construct looked like after not playing it for two years. Poor map

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 27Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,368 Posts
    This is really, really boss. Reminds me of that GM_Construct replica I built on Flatgrass years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,045 Posts
    i prefer the more vibrant version. good use of props though. maybe i'm out of touch with gmod but i don't recognise a lot of the flora which made this quite refreshing for me, rather than that old ep2 grass effect i was expecting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    i prefer the more vibrant version. good use of props though. maybe i'm out of touch with gmod but i don't recognise a lot of the flora which made this quite refreshing for me, rather than that old ep2 grass effect i was expecting
    thanks. most of the foliage is from portal 2.

5. Post #5
    if I had 1$ for every title under my name, I had 1$
    December 2007
    1,732 Posts
    good use of props! funny, Im currently working on a gm_construct based screenshot, too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,303 Posts
    Yeah, the more colorful one is definitely better. I like it, it's really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,103 Posts
    Scenebuilds ... *sigh* ... something i really suck at.
    So it's nice to see some good ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,672 Posts
    Now we need a map version.

For a second I thought it was a map, which was why I was confused as to why it was in the Screenshots Section. Very well done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    Now we need a map version.

For a second I thought it was a map, which was why I was confused as to why it was in the Screenshots Section. Very well done.
    i'd totally make a map like this if i wasn't a terrible mapper

10. Post #10

September 2011
    712 Posts
    thanks. most of the foliage is from portal 2.
    Could you link me to it ? Cause i dont have the option to turn on Portal 2 props n such on gmod for some reason

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,637 Posts
    I like how you did the door's concrete being broken. But the proportion of it is a bit off - see, if the concrete weren't broken then the top would extend past the door a bit.

Not that I blame you for that, this was pretty clever in general. Quite pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    :3 FURRY ELITIST PRIDE :3
    January 2011
    6,579 Posts
    I say that maybe someone standing there, looking at it might be a bit better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    Could you link me to it ? Cause i dont have the option to turn on Portal 2 props n such on gmod for some reason
    just search "Portal 2" on garrysmod.org. if you look around you'll find a full portal 2 model pack.

Edited:

I say that maybe someone standing there, looking at it might be a bit better.
    i know what you mean but e.g. a citizen standing there would kind of ruin the look of it tbh.

14. Post #14

September 2011
    712 Posts
    just search "Portal 2" on garrysmod.org. if you look around you'll find a full portal 2 model pack.

Edited:

i know what you mean but e.g. a citizen standing there would kind of ruin the look of it tbh.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121374
    This the one you mean ?

15. Post #15
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121560

in that link is also a link to the FP thread where you will find a download link to the model pack

16. Post #16
    July 2010
    5,272 Posts
    You should have put an NCR Ranger in there and made the picture brown for maximum abandoned-ness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,368 Posts
    You should have put an NCR Ranger in there and made the picture brown for maximum abandoned-ness.
    A gasmask-wearing opportunist with a Kalashnikov would have been even better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    November 2010
    1,317 Posts
    I made me to enjoy the nature of gm_construct. It's really lovely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    12 Posts
    Thank you for the new wallpaper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    1,345 Posts
    I request this be expanded into it's own playable map.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,628 Posts
    Would have been nice if you added in some animals.

22. Post #22
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    Would have been nice if you added in some animals.
    there's two birds in the pic.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,999 Posts
    Didn't ever realize it was gm construct at first, pretty cool dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,707 Posts
    The portal 2 map pack on gmod.org is actually not 100% complete, though i can't complain really since i can only port textures and not models...

Screenshot looks nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    December 2009
    1,345 Posts
    It was my understanding that Portal 2 and Half-Life 2 model meshes (besides those which have a skeletal structure/are animated) are identical, and only the texture/shader standards had changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)