• worth it?

25 16.34%
  • wait?

139 90.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1
    January 2012
    15 Posts
    so, back i December of 2011 majang released the pocket edition of this extremely addictive game for ios, android, and specifically the sony phone that almost nobody wants. although the pocket edition is starting alot like the actual game (current version: 0.1.3 alpha) i feel it has high hopes but i fear that as it goes up in version there is that possibility that the price will reach upward as well. really what ive been trying to figure out is: is it worth the price or is it worth the wait for future releases. i do own the ipod version and i must say they did great putting it together but the price is really not what i payed for. there is news of a survival update soon, which i would hope gives us more freedom with more blocks.

anyway sorry i ranted a little but the question still remains to me should people get it now or wait till future releases?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 36Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    The controls are awful and it's incredibly limited. If anything you should have grabbed it for 99 cents during the sale. Even then, that was barely worth it considering how it is in its current state.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    504 Posts
    I play it sometimes, it's okay but no where near like the full game is, it's just limited with materials and things to do really. Needs more survival mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,139 Posts
    It's better if you just play the demo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2009
    409 Posts
    It's alright if you can see around your thumb.
    The game feels limited, but hopefully it will get better if updates come.
    I'd wait and see if you have other uses for that bit of money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,877 Posts
    With a game like Eden out, there's really no reason to own the pocket edition in its current state, especially not for 7 bucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,748 Posts
    if it was free to people with the game bought on pc. itd be worth it yes. but as a paid thing. no. never.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2012
    15 Posts
    i agree with all of and esp that guy. its pretty crummy at the moment but when it gets some updates maybe itll be worth the 7 bucks only 9 days till survival is submited for approval tho so thats a plus, im trying to keep up to date with it cause where i am alot of ppl ask me having built a server and been deep withing that community. i hope it eventually allows cross system tho. ipod to pc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    not yet, but paying for it will increase it's development of course
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,376 Posts
    When it was 10 pence yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    Strange Member
    June 2005
    4,809 Posts
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    I wouldn't buy a mobile version when I have the PC version already, you should be able to log in and play with a PC account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2010
    5,421 Posts
    Just wait

14. Post #14
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,847 Posts
    I bought it during that Android 10cent Sale, for that yes. Now no.

Wait until it's more developed. Hopefully it'll eventually be more compatible with the PC Version as some limited client that's at least able to connect to PC servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    I gave enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,409 Posts
    At February 18th (if i remember correctly) it will get a survival update with more blocks, tools, mobs and (maybe) crafting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    February 2012
    56 Posts
    It is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    10 Posts
    the pocket edition is definitely NOT worth it.

18. Post #18
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    6,865 Posts
    I got during the 10 cent sale. I want my 10 cents back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 8Agree x 4Late x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Artistic x 1Dumb x 1Zing x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,986 Posts
    I got Eden when it was free for a day and it's a lot better than the current state of Pocket Edition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    840 Posts
    I find it useful for planning shit out if I don't have access to a computer.

21. Post #21

February 2012
    8 Posts
    I got Eden when it was free for a day and it's a lot better than the current state of Pocket Edition.
    What the hell is Eden? I cant find it on the android market?

Edit: Disregard that last post should have figured it was iOS

22. Post #22

January 2012
    6 Posts
    No, it sucks :(

23. Post #23
    March 2008
    3,195 Posts
    It is a real mission to build anything. Although it's great fun to play with a friend.

24. Post #24
    November 2009
    488 Posts
    I love Minecraft, probably one of my all time favorite games and I have dumped over $400 into it. The only way they got me to buy pocket edition was during the 10 cents sale. I want my 10 cents back.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,030 Posts
    I love Minecraft, probably one of my all time favorite games and I have dumped over $400 into it. The only way they got me to buy pocket edition was during the 10 cents sale. I want my 10 cents back.....
    How do you pay 400$ for a 30 something dollar game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,820 Posts
    Probably some server donation thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2009
    488 Posts
    Probably some server donation thing.
    Hosting*

But I have profited more than $400 from Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    If you bought it when it was super cheap it's alright to mess around with, but the money would be better spent on something else.

29. Post #29
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,702 Posts
    its classic/creative with much less blocks and clunky controls

I don't think it even has infinite maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    February 2010
    2,715 Posts
    I don't think it even has infinite maps
    The demo definitely doesn't.

If you go to the edge or corner of the map and get up to the height limit (by whatever means), you can actually walk off the map. You don't fall; you just walk on the air at the height limit. You can punch the air, but punching this air is not unlike punching bedrock.

31. Post #31
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,947 Posts
    The demo definitely doesn't.

If you go to the edge or corner of the map and get up to the height limit (by whatever means), you can actually walk off the map. You don't fall; you just walk on the air at the height limit. You can punch the air, but punching this air is not unlike punching bedrock.
    Even the full game doesn't have infinite maps, basically this is Classic 0.30 with some textures from Beta on Android with just a few tweaks to the menu and controls.

32. Post #32
    New Survival Update for pocket edition, as posted on the Mojang Blog, here.
    Has update release date and stuff too.

Edited:

It should be out in a few hours or so, it's 12:14AM here in Australia (GMT+10), 9/02/2012 (remember, it's 12:14AM, just went to 9th now)

Edited:

On iPad, but

33. Post #33
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,413 Posts
    Oh god I didn't know the update was coming out today

Unfortunatley that's a highlight for my day

34. Post #34
    March 2008
    3,195 Posts
    Crafting isn't going to be in it, fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,579 Posts
    It was 10 cents so like yeah, it was 10 fucking cents!

Oh ya, the next update is DELAYED

http://droidgamers.com/index.php/gam...s-are-included
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2012
    15 Posts
    thats very disappointing :( i was waiting intently for it :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2008
    3,195 Posts
    It was 10 cents so like yeah, it was 10 fucking cents!

Oh ya, the next update is DELAYED

http://droidgamers.com/index.php/gam...s-are-included
    what a suprise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    September 2011
    578 Posts
    I bought it for 5 bucks. What a piece of shit I really want my 5$ back.

39. Post #39
    May 2009
    3,371 Posts
    Unless you own an experia play to have the 8 items at once on screen and easy to use controls I would not buy it.

But if you do own an experia play like me it is VERY worth getting. Now that survival mode is out and hopefully they will add crafting soon I cannot have enouth fun playing it at the moment.

At this moment in time we have mobs including zombies. Fall damage and some items you have to collect like in normal minecraft. Tools makes it fun and we now have working doors and gates.

I say it is great and is only going to get better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    January 2012
    15 Posts
    Unless you own an experia play to have the 8 items at once on screen and easy to use controls I would not buy it.

But if you do own an experia play like me it is VERY worth getting. Now that survival mode is out and hopefully they will add crafting soon I cannot have enouth fun playing it at the moment.

At this moment in time we have mobs including zombies. Fall damage and some items you have to collect like in normal minecraft. Tools makes it fun and we now have working doors and gates.

I say it is great and is only going to get better.

im actually planning on buying that so thanks for that! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)