• worth it?

25 16.34%
  • wait?

139 90.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #41
    December 2008
    469 Posts
    I just got the update, pretty disappointing. Looks like the worlds are bigger but they still end with a blue void. Also for some reason you can't kill sheep with the sword.. Instead you hit them to death with shears.

Eh.. It's getting there. Just wait a few more months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Survival is out for iOS.
    Grab it gais! Update yo' MC:PE!

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,529 Posts
    Survival is out for iOS.
    Grab it gais! Update yo' MC:PE!
    God damn it, I'm tempted now.

4. Post #44
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    Also, it isn't that hard to mod it.

I ported Misa's Texture Pack into my MC:PE

It's 64x64 btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    July 2010
    1,042 Posts
    Even after this update, it feels limited still, almost like its missing something... Worth the current price? 50/50 in my opinion. Just my .02 cents.

6. Post #46
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    There is also glitches as usual, on android i cannot pick up brown wood lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    May 2009
    3,483 Posts
    I can kill sheep with the sword so that bug is not confirmed on my end but yeah I cannot pick up brown wood.

Really all they need to do is add a crafting system and a sky. The other mobs should come later. Unlimited worlds would be epic but I don't think we will get that.

8. Post #48
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    I found it funny how the whole world is 21MB and yet you can zip it up to 500KB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    I bought it on iOS because I had extra cash from an iTunes card. I dont really regret it because I support Mojang, but I wouldnt exactly say its 'worth' all that money. Especially since they claimed alpha users would get 'ever future verson for free'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    I bought it on iOS because I had extra cash from an iTunes card. I dont really regret it because I support Mojang, but I wouldnt exactly say its 'worth' all that money. Especially since they claimed alpha users would get 'ever future verson for free'
    You could have waited for a sale, wait do those iTunes cards expire?

11. Post #51
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    You could have waited for a sale, wait do those iTunes cards expire?
    I had already redeemed it and used a few bucks, so probably not.

12. Post #52
    December 2008
    469 Posts
    I can kill sheep with the sword so that bug is not confirmed on my end but yeah I cannot pick up brown wood.

Really all they need to do is add a crafting system and a sky. The other mobs should come later. Unlimited worlds would be epic but I don't think we will get that.
    Yeah, sorry about the sheep thing. I was just being an idiot, I thought that I had to hold down to attack with the sword.

I've been playing the new update alot lately, the game is alot better. But something that I find funny is the zombie spawn rate, go create a decent sized cave and come back later. I've had what was probably about 10 zombies all in a little group chasing after me.. Never seen that on the computer version before.

13. Post #53
    Should I make a pocket edition megathread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

14. Post #54
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    I was thinking of making it but sure if you want. I'm not going to really.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,440 Posts
    How is it survival without crafting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    it will come, soon, as in sometime in Summer or something

17. Post #57
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I mostly nabbed it for the future when they might charge something like 15 bucks for it. I play it sometimes. Its kind of like a limited creative mode so far. The survival is ok.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    I really wanted to be able to connect to other multiplayer servers.

19. Post #59
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    its classic/creative with much less blocks and clunky controls

I don't think it even has infinite maps
    So it's rather incomplete, on a system that lacks serious RAM, and people still pay for it?

This inspires me to push out a half-finished game and make millions like Notch, just to shit on the community and hand off the development to somebody else.

20. Post #60
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,912 Posts
    So half the people who bought it were complete fanboys and they bought it right when it came out, and bought an xperia play.
    For the other half, waited for a sale like the 10 cents sale in November or for an update such as this. I got it for 10 cents. Yippee.

21. Post #61
    July 2010
    1,042 Posts
    I don't like the fact that you get loads of unlimited items... To be honest when crafting comes and items need to be made and not just spawned from the items menu , then it will be better. ( loads of things are infinite in the menu) also zombies die in 2 or 3 hits from a sword witch is pretty poor. Not sure how many times it takes on the computer version but I think that's too low. Also we need pigs and/or pork so you can regenerate health manually without it doing it automatically.

22. Post #62
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    I don't like the fact that you get loads of unlimited items... To be honest when crafting comes and items need to be made and not just spawned from the items menu , then it will be better. ( loads of things are infinite in the menu) also zombies die in 2 or 3 hits from a sword witch is pretty poor. Not sure how many times it takes on the computer version but I think that's too low. Also we need pigs and/or pork so you can regenerate health manually without it doing it automatically.
    I find the game plenty difficult without having to worry about hunger on top of everything else.

23. Post #63
    December 2008
    469 Posts
    The unlimited items is temporary so that won't be an issue much longer, and I'm pretty sure the zombies die in 2-3 hits with the iron sword on the computer so it's not all that inaccurate on Pocket Edition. You're right about it being too easy though, the sword can hit them from what, three or four times as far away than it can on the PC? So they have no chance to hit you unless they take you by surprise. Also the lack of beds is saddening.. Still. It'll get better, just gotta wait..