1. Post #1
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Hey there !

You may or may not have heard of this map. Basically I created it for a contest which granted 40 days for the work. I started one week late so I just had 3 weeks to work on this. Keep this in mind for the quality of certain part of the map.
    A lot of what I was planning was scrapped for this reason. Two friends of mine helped me on the last 4 days to make it more or less complete before the deadline.
    Theses fines gentlemens : Moidnre and EXpMiNi (the cool guy who made the video). Moindre created the infirmary bed, the microscope, the console prop, the food dispenser (which is not really textured) and the operation table.
    EXpMiNi created the door model (the door itself, not the frame), the beds, a template for the foliage, the sand texture,some hologram textures, the interphone and the female model used as an hologram.
    I did pretty much everything else. Anyway, less talk, more content, more release.

Download link :

Gamebanana : http://www.gamebanana.com/gb/maps/163287
    Mirror : http://dttcorp.fr/cbast/keysiv/de_keysiv.rar

Note : This is the low definition version of the custom content. The uncompressed HD textures are sitting on my hard disk, but I can't upload them myself. I'll try to get someone to do it. It's around 1,5Go in HD and 250mo in LD. The LD version compressed is 81mo.

Also I'm using this topic as to announce this :

I hope you'll enjoy this news.

The current version of the map has slight issue with missing collision on some models. However I guess it doesn't matter for machinama or ragdoll posing. (If people ever want to use this map).
    I'll try to get a friend to upload it on garrysmod for me this week.

Also if you ever use this map for something like a video or a comic I would really enjoy to see it :3
    That's all. I hope you'll like this map, share it as your will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 93Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2010
    87 Posts
    dude sexy i want to fuck u
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny x 19Agree x 7Dumb x 2Mapping King x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2006
    38 Posts
    Strange reaction hmm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Actually I'm scared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Just played around on the map and I only have 2 things to say, first is that the door at the back of the cafeteria has no collisions and you can walk through it into a void-y part of the map.

Secondly, the quality is simply phenomenal! I tip my hat to you sir! To do all of that in 3 weeks is simply astonishing, I would struggle to make a map of that quality in a year, nevermind 3 weeks. Fantastic work :)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    I had an eyegasm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    This is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    A very nice map and yes posing for sure thank you for the hard work, time and effort.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    Found a little bug. One of the doors isn't solid or player clipped and allows you to walk outside the map.

http://i.imgur.com/XLG5Q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FmIfl.jpg

There's also another door you can walk halfway into.

http://i.imgur.com/AJpdb.jpg

I would also recommend pakratting the content into the map for easy server downloads. Was going to use this as a TTT map. Looks really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Found a little bug. One of the doors isn't solid or player clipped and allows you to walk outside the map.

http://i.imgur.com/XLG5Q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FmIfl.jpg

There's also another door you can walk halfway into.

http://i.imgur.com/AJpdb.jpg

I would also recommend pakratting the content into the map for easy server downloads. Was going to use this as a TTT map. Looks really good.
    Yeah I'm aware of that issue. Since I can't upload the whole thing all over again I'll try to get a friend to do it for me.

Also I tried to pakrat everything but it didn't include the custom made texture for models. I need to check if pakrat allow to add a whole folder (since all my materials are located in the same).

Thanks for the feedback !

11. Post #11
    Gold Member

April 2011
    71 Posts
    Absolutely beautiful! I was browsing the mapping forums for the first time and I saw your teaser trailer for this map. My jaw literally dropped as I watch the camera zoom passed these environments. The textures look amazing as well as the models used for the doorways and windows. The plants, they don't look so good. But that's just nit picking. Once I have the time, I'll get a better post up.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    Also I tried to pakrat everything but it didn't include the custom made texture for models. I need to check if pakrat allow to add a whole folder (since all my materials are located in the same).
    Pakrating a whole folder works. It should ask you if you would like to fix the file paths. Pressing "Yes to all" should do it.

http://puu.sh/fmPk
    http://puu.sh/fmOL

Really can't wait for you to release your textures since they look really amazing. Would really enjoy making a map with them.

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Really can't wait for you to release your textures since they look really amazing. Would really enjoy making a map with them.
    What, TopHatWaffle's aren't good enough for you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    December 2009
    629 Posts
    That is awesome!

15. Post #15
    Gold Member

April 2011
    71 Posts
    The map is amazing so far. Besides the no clip doors, the constant shaking of the map annoys me when I try to pose ragdolls. It's nothing life threatening of course. The side of the base, when you look through the window to see part of the ship blown out and exposed to vacuum is very lo-res and flat. Could use some texturing at the very least. Overall, I recommend this map for comic making and such.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,268 Posts
    Amazing. The only thing that annoyed me was the constant shaking. And I noticed one camera was spinning fast. A glitch?

17. Post #17
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    The camera has been made on purpose. Also you can delete the shaking by using ent_fire shake_1 kill and ent_fire shake_2 kill iirc. But I could make a gmod version. For the destroyed part I planned a fair number of things but ended up to not do it because of the lack of time.

Working on an improved version which should fix most of bugs. I won't improve it's graphical side. (Apart from minor change). I'm stopping the source mapping. This one was my third and last map for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,369 Posts
    I'm stopping the source mapping. This one was my third and last map for it.
    Well at least you burnt out rather than faded away. Good map, what a shame.

19. Post #19
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    The map has now been updated on Gamebanana. The mirror is down at the moment.
    I basically fixed most of collisions, added some sounds and fixed the non-solid doors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,248 Posts
    This is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2010
    60 Posts
    It's f*cking amazing! Thank you!

22. Post #22
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Thanks ! I'll try to come up with the pack during the upcoming holidays (at the end of the week). Also I won the contest I was entering :

http://www.gamebanana.com/gb/news/20145

I'm rather happy. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 11Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,945 Posts
    Fantastic map dude

25. Post #25
    Very nice, I love the flat-color art style for the different areas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    3,978 Posts
    I want them to make a new Alien movie on it. I love you Cbast!

27. Post #27
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    this gave me goosebumps @.@
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,953 Posts
    Looks fantastic. The sprites seem to be way too big in Garry's Mod though.

29. Post #29
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Looks fantastic. The sprites seem to be way too big in Garry's Mod though.
    Yes. I wonder why it's like that in Gmod while it's fine in CSS.

30. Post #30
    September 2011
    408 Posts
    Just beautiful. A new age of space themed poses is upon us.

I highly recommend anyone check the other contest winners on GameBanana as well.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,953 Posts
    Yes. I wonder why it's like that in Gmod while it's fine in CSS.
    Are you setting the scale for the sprites? It might default to something in CS:S, but not in GMod.

32. Post #32
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Are you setting the scale for the sprites? It might default to something in CS:S, but not in GMod.
    Yes I do. It's divided by 5 afaik. I guess gmod use default size.

33. Post #33
    November 2010
    1,323 Posts
    Looks clean and very deatails. Good use for Mass Effect pose, Nice done!

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    7,289 Posts
    I don't know how else to put this. This is brilliant. Thanks a bunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    428 Posts
    Wow dude, brilliant!!! (ta cartonné Cbast )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36

May 2011
    3 Posts
    Dead space end of story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2012
    9 Posts
    Can you say eyegasm?

38. Post #38
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Wow dude, brilliant!!! (ta cartonné Cbast )
    Merci. :3

The map has been downloaded 1628 times in 2 months and a half. The pack has been downloaded 545 times in 2 months. Well, that's more download that I ever did with maps.

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    101 Posts
    Sorry If I'm necroing a bit, but am I the only one that sees a very slight resemblance to the architecture between this and Dead Space 2?

P.S. Love the map!

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,547 Posts
    Reminds me a bit of the mod "Titan XCIX."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)