1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,695 Posts
    Also, if anyone is wondering about presence of Rape or violence in a VN...

LOOK AT THE FUCKING OP, ALERT SECTION UNDER EVERY VN.

I made sure to note instances of these situations so that people wouldn't have to ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,849 Posts
    Also, if anyone is wondering about presence of Rape or violence in a VN...

LOOK AT THE FUCKING OP, ALERT SECTION UNDER EVERY VN.

I made sure to note instances of these situations so that people wouldn't have to ask.
    It was just Itachi trying to rile people up by feigning ignorance. So we can ignore him and assume everyone else is smart enough to read the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,324 Posts
    He asked about rape in the KS thread anyway he's just trolling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,695 Posts
    He asked about rape in the KS thread anyway he's just trolling.
    He didn't ask, he kept spamming it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    August 2011
    501 Posts
    Just to make sure it's clear: Katawa Shoujo is not about romancing girls through pitying their respective disabilities. It's not quite that shallow.
    I'm really not interested in cripples, and I've heard tthe writing's pretty mediocre so I see no reason why I should play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #486
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    35,637 Posts
    I'm really not interested in cripples, and I've heard tthe writing's pretty mediocre so I see no reason why I should play it.
    whoever said that is dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #487
    fuck you
    February 2009
    2,883 Posts
    it's good. really good. most people i know played it as a joke and came back telling me how they loved me for telling them about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,695 Posts
    I'm really not interested in cripples, and I've heard the writing's pretty mediocre so I see no reason why I should play it.
    Who said that?

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    Yes, I laugh at the people who said it was stupid.
    I doubt I would have looked into Visual novels were it not for reading about them on facepunch, so thanks guys!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,069 Posts
    The writing is really good, not sure what could've made someone say otherwise. And again, it's really funny that you say "I'm not interested in cripples". Without spoiling much, I believe it's people with your sort of presumptions about the game that will be the most positively surprised/affected by it. That's what kept happeing in the last thread, basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,695 Posts
    Well, the best tip ever : Don't judge a book by its cover. Still rings true in visual novels.

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,069 Posts
    In other words, I just got a choice in Saya no Uta. Made one that I hypothesize the game wouldn't have me make on my first play through, I'll have to see where it leads tomorrow however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

13. Post #493
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,471 Posts
    Just do it, if you don't like it after playing it for a while (after doing like 1 storyline) that's fine, but I doubt it seeing as most people who had that attitude found it really interesting in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #494
    March 2010
    1,048 Posts
    Which VNs in the op deal with rape? I'm kind of sick of seeing it tbh and I'd like to avoid those if possible, don't want to get tricked into reading an elaborate rape fic again
    One word shukketsubo (virgin roster)

Very NSFW

http://www.zyx-game.co.jp/newsoft/dv...ubo/index.html

The Protagonist is a Prick, Chemist Teacher, knows CQC, Manipulator, Slave Trader

also from the same maker is Lightning Warrior Raidy I and II VNs with RPG FF1, Dragon Quest style of gameplay.

EDIT: Pretty Soldier Wars AD 2048

Lightning Warrior Raidy

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

15. Post #495
    January 2009
    614 Posts
    I sure did. Started on the bacon route, ended up doing Emi instead.

Oh also, day 2 with minimal internet access. Just booted up to check my mail. Bye again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #496
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,261 Posts
    oh good there's a KS thread now too, hooray for fragmented communities for some arbitrary reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,278 Posts
    oh good there's a KS thread now too, hooray for fragmented communities for some arbitrary reason
    Finally, Someone who agrees with me. But people say KS is popular enough to warrant its own thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,261 Posts
    i can't say I mind that much but if they start talking about other VNs in the thread I am going to laugh so hard at them.

19. Post #499
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    35,637 Posts
    Orkel banned LifeIsGood for 3 Days in Katawa Shoujo V2 - "Canola Oil" with the reason “Wrong forum”
    Orkel closed LifeIsGood's thread called Katawa Shoujo V2 - "Canola Oil" in Chat Threads

there it goes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #500
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    installing yume miru kusuri :smugdog:

Finally, Someone who agrees with me. But people say KS is popular enough to warrant its own thread.
    it's inordinately popular here for some reason, there are other VNs more popular than it
    just we managed to blow it up so much here since it's so extraordinarily easy to get into for an VN

21. Post #501
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,669 Posts
    installing yume miru kusuri :smugdog:

it's inordinately popular here for some reason, there are other VNs more popular than it
    just we managed to blow it up so much here since it's so extraordinarily easy to get into for an VN
    And it was the first successful (VN)thread

22. Post #502
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,488 Posts
    I specifically didn't make another KS thread because the mods said no. And talked with Feuver after it closed about it and decided not to. I don't know why people do stupid, arbitrary shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,238 Posts
    And it was the first successful (VN)thread
    Monmusu Quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,261 Posts
    i think it's fine for a KS thread v2 to exist, but tbh it should be organised that the moment it starts to talk more about other VNs than KS it is closed, because I'm not gonna like it if the KS thread tries to usurp this one

Edited:

Monmusu Quest.
    monmusu quest oh christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #505
    fuck you
    February 2009
    2,883 Posts
    i think it's fine for a KS thread v2 to exist, but tbh it should be organised that the moment it starts to talk more about other VNs than KS it is closed, because I'm not gonna like it if the KS thread tries to usurp this one
    i'll point people that talk about other VN's to this thread, don't worry. i'm not trying to start a war here between threads.

26. Post #506
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I'd rather the KS thread just get closed and all KS conversation get redirected here

also digital a love story and phoenix wright have both had pretty successful threads here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #507
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,261 Posts
    I'd rather the KS thread just get closed and all KS conversation get redirected here

also digital a love story and phoenix wright have both had pretty successful threads here
    that'd be the most convenient thing but trying to get all the KS hardliners to go here against their will would just be a waste of time and generate no small amount of animosity.

Edited:

lol.

weeaboo girl let's plays a VN adaption of an anime she watched which is only in japanese.

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,849 Posts
    that'd be the most convenient thing but trying to get all the KS hardliners to go here against their will would just be a waste of time and generate no small amount of animosity.
    They're being fucking silly imo.

Edited:

lol.

weeaboo girl let's plays a VN adaption of an anime she watched which is only in japanese.
    Well that was painful. Also gotta how much of a lazy fucking game it is seeing as all they did was take sceenshots from the anime and put the script in text boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,814 Posts
    For a while there were 3 Elder Scrolls threads going at once, I can see the problem with this.

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,849 Posts
    For a while there were 3 Elder Scrolls threads going at once, I can see the problem with this.
    It splits an already small community simply because they couldn't live with the fact that we wanted to move on and go with one thread for everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,814 Posts
    Exactly, and in the TES threads it caused arguments about using the wrong thread when they're all about the same games, such a waste of time.

32. Post #512
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

I don't see this tidal wave of people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #513
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,669 Posts
    I see floating chalk

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,849 Posts
    Exactly, and in the TES threads it caused arguments about using the wrong thread when they're all about the same games, such a waste of time.
    The problem is there doesn't NEED to be two threads because they are free to talk about KS in here making their spite thread more than a little pointless.

35. Post #515
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

emi doesn't

Edited:

I see floating chalk
    that's the cursor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,849 Posts

They're there, it's just the shitty art so they're invisible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,814 Posts

Tons of VN's do that, it's so annoying, can't they scribble some human like shapes onto it for gods sake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    yume miru kursuri has pretty good art actually

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,849 Posts
    yume miru kursuri has pretty good art actually
    I disagree. Heavily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,814 Posts
    Stop complaining about the art already, we get it, you don't like the art in these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)