1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,049 Posts
    because i am genuinely interested in reading it?

Edited:

or i guess "playing" it idk
    I doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    I've taken a habit of playing F/SN's Fate once a year to see if I'll cry. If I won't, I'm no longer a human.
    I prefer Heaven's feel, because who cares if everybody is stronger than you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    I doubt it.
    ok?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #244
    Just a guess, but probably because there's not much going on in the background so you only need to read text.
    It's a bother when I stop to do something else for a second and when I come back I don't know who's talking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #245
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    i don't see why you're being all inquisitive

you're coming off as kind of douchey js
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    It's a bother when I stop to do something else for a second and when I come back I don't know who's talking
    I agree it can get confusing. Though the only one I've played that used such large text boxes was F/SN and Tsukihime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    I have played a ton of VNs. It's just a preference, but KS is in 3rd place for me.
    The FEELS had were enormous, although I say Clannad was better in that department.

;_;

I did not appreciate the way they butchered Fuuko's route in the anime by making Nagisa appear everywhere she shouldn't be. And to those who complain about the art style, you get used to it very fast, so don't whine. The FEELS are worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

8. Post #248
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    seriously though what's the general consensus on saya no uta

i don't want to sit through hours of text just to find out the game/book/thing is a flaming piece of shit ~again~

rate agree if good disagree if shit and informative if mediocre

Edited:

chunkymonkey that's not a rating that corresponds with the VERY SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS OF THIS POST

sheesh you'd think after swimming in vn's for a chunk of your life you'd at least be able to read lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,697 Posts
    Also
    The Muv Luv Series
    Specificially
    Muv-Luv Unlimited and Alternative

So depressing....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    I have played a ton of VNs. It's just a preference, but KS is in 3rd place for me.
    The FEELS had were enormous, although I say Clannad was better in that department.

;_;

I did not appreciate the way they butchered Fuuko's route in the anime by making Nagisa appear everywhere she shouldn't be. And to those who complain about the art style, you get used to it very fast, so don't whine. The FEELS are worth it.
    Clannad is the winner if you want to have emotions problems.

The anime butchered a lot of things by clashing every girls together all the time. You couldn't get that personal with all of them as much as you did in the vn.

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    Oh, and Steins;Gate is also a must for everyone. 1st place imho. It had the FEELS, it had the funnies, it had the science, and the characters and their interactions are brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts

i don't want to sit through hours of text just to find out the game/book/thing is a flaming piece of shit ~again~
    Saya no Uta is really short anyway.

I enjoyed it, it's a very high quality "Creepypasta" in my opinion.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,399 Posts

rate agree if good disagree if shit and informative if mediocre
    Creepy as shit. But very well-written and fully voice acted (in Japanese, but whatevs)

I recommend it, even if it did make me have issues falling asleep last night.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,697 Posts
    Do you guys know..
    how much is Saya no Uta is now?
    Interest is piqued.
    I seen it everywhere.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,049 Posts
    Oh, and Steins;Gate is also a must for everyone. 1st place imho. It had the FEELS, it had the funnies, it had the science, and the characters and their interactions are brilliant.
    Holy shit, a VN that's widescreen!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,399 Posts
    Holy shit, a VN that's widescreen!
    I know! I am convinced (from watching the anime and those screens) that I must play the VN.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,049 Posts
    Clannad is the winner if you want to have emotions problems.

The anime butchered a lot of things by clashing every girls together all the time. You couldn't get that personal with all of them as much as you did in the vn.
    The anime is fine, and besides you weren't supposed to get personal with the other girls since it was about him and Nagisa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,793 Posts
    Everything is so shiny~

I guess I'll look up more about that one next. Still plowing through chapter three in G-Senkou.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    The anime is fine, and besides you weren't supposed to get personal with the other girls since it was about him and Nagisa.
    I preferred the visual novel far much more than the anime. I suppose you are right on the story being about him and Nagisa, but there's still a few characters I liked more than Nagisa.

Edited:

Creepy as shit. But very well-written and fully voice acted (in Japanese, but whatevs)

I recommend it, even if it did make me have issues falling asleep last night.
    I warned you

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,399 Posts
    I preferred the visual novel far much more than the anime. I suppose you are right on the story being about him and Nagisa, but there's still a few characters I liked more than Nagisa.
    I really liked Tomoyo's character. Shame that her route is only shown in an off-shoot episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    September 2008
    958 Posts
    Dl link? There was no english translation a few months ago so it was troublesome...

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    Do you guys know..
    how much is Saya no Uta is now?
    Interest is piqued.
    I seen it everywhere.
    I don't know of any places that sell it actively.

Edited:

I really liked Tomoyo's character. Shame that her route is only shown in an off-shoot episode.
    Well, there's a second VN from key about only Tomoyo, but it's not translated completely, and I don't think anyone is working on it.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,590 Posts
    The anime was.. Unbelievably good. I actually jerked a manly tear at around ep22. God. So good. Maybe the best.

I should probably try out the VN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,049 Posts
    Well, there's a second VN from key about only Tomoyo, but it's not translated completely, and I don't think anyone is working on it.
    Shame, she was the best one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    Yeah, well, I hated Nagisa. I can't stand her.

26. Post #266
    The anime adaptation for Steins;Gate is really good

As for the VN, I haven't played it yet but the art style is unique (doesn't follow the normal HEUG EYES style) and there are no sex scenes if you're touchy about those sort of things

27. Post #267
    http://e17time.blogspot.com/p/steins...nslations.html

English patch

Tips and achievements aren't translated

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,259 Posts
    so BAD DUB HOURS is now in business again, anyone who's been previously knows the score

we can discuss VNs too ofc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #269
    I broke my own automerge

Hmmm, let me see if I can throw something up for Steins;Gate

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    Yeah, well, I hated Nagisa. I can't stand her.
    I didn't mind Nagisa.

Of course, that's after 50 hours of talking to her and her family. (I am not kidding, After story is extremely long, and you have to play it 4 times )

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    The anime adaptation for Steins;Gate is really good
    Mostly... I didn't appreciate    Mr. Braun shooting Moeka, totally ruined his soft side that was shown in the VN when he sacrificed himself to save Moeka.   

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    Shame, she was the best one.
    I agree. Though apparently there's still people that are really trying to release an English patch.

Actually, there is a partial patch around for 35% of Tomoyo's After. Then, the group gave up, and now there's another group working on it. Maybe we'll see it one day.

33. Post #273
    Mostly... I didn't appreciate    Mr. Braun shooting Moeka, totally ruined his soft side that was shown in the VN when he sacrificed himself to save Moeka.   
       Must be pretty uncomfortable knowing that your landlord is being forced to work for an evil organization   

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    I didn't mind Nagisa.

Of course, that's after 50 hours of talking to her and her family. (I am not kidding, After story is extremely long, and you have to play it 4 times )
    If it was just Akio I could stand it. But for some reason, something about Nagisa just makes me unable to like her.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    If it was just Akio I could stand it. But for some reason, something about Nagisa just makes me unable to like her.
    That's perfectly reasonable. You're not forced to like any characters in any way.

The same way I didn't really like Fuuko, even though her arc is one of the best.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,083 Posts
    Steins Gate looks interesting...

Made some Lilly GIF

Idk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,049 Posts
    That's perfectly reasonable. You're not forced to like any characters in any way.

The same way I didn't really like Fuuko, even though her arc is one of the best.
    Cause this is thriller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,697 Posts
    Thank god someone posted the English Patch for SG
    I was afraid that i will never play my copy.
    I wish they re-release the xbox 360 version on the pc because it has more content ;_;

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,049 Posts
    Ahaha, guess itachi got a bit butt hurt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,697 Posts
    Also i really liked Tsukihime and the Type-MOON Series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)