1. Post #6121
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,912 Posts
    Actually, in this one, BLU Heavy and Soldier are covertly following the RED Pyro, filming it, trying to win this year's Saxxies.

End scene: As the pair watches the Pyro from afar, it becomes clear they've seen something shocking and/or revealing, with sudden "Ohhhh...now it makes sense." clarity. As they turn to leave, the Pyro is suddenly behind them. Fwoosh ensues. Outro flourish.
    Remember Meet the Pyro was made a long time ago, so there is no way they could've had the saxxy idea way back then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #6122
    April 2009
    1,765 Posts
    Remember Meet the Pyro was made a long time ago, so there is no way they could've had the saxxy idea way back then
    No, they made Meet the Pyro a long time ago, then TF2 changed drastically, so they remade it and finished it last month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #6123
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,630 Posts
    They also had MtP almost finished before they started working on MtM, they just wanted to show pyro as the last class of the MtT videos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6124
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    stop saying this.

They only had the plot done, and they did not actually start making it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #6125
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,630 Posts
    stop saying this.

They only had the plot done, and they did not actually start making it.
    I recall them saying "We've had 'Meet the Pyro' done for a while, we just want to leave it as the last of the 'Meet the Team' series"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6126
    September 2011
    1,573 Posts
    Anyone besides me still wondering what those numbers in Foundry's secret room mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #6127
    August 2011
    2,065 Posts
    Hopefully they'll keep the tradition in Meet the Pyro, where BLU Heavy and Soldier always die.
    In mtm, no blu heavies could be seen. I guess they made up for it by killing an army's worth of blu soldiers. Maybe mtp will take place at the annual blu crippled deaf blind and mute heavies with cancer and bone-itis convention?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #6128
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I recall them saying "We've had 'Meet the Pyro' done for a while, we just want to leave it as the last of the 'Meet the Team' series"
    You recall wrong, trust me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #6129
    September 2010
    1,086 Posts
    This week, May is finally upon us.

The Replay Update debuted on, what?, May 5th? It'll sure be interesting to see how Valve juggles things this year what with the Saxxy Awards undoubtedly beginning around the same time, Portal 2's major update being unleashed in two weeks' time, and the beginning of Month 4 (or is it 5?) of the teeth-gnashingly long Great TF2 Update Drought of 2012.

But I tell you what: my money's on something big happening in the last two weeks of May. Because that's when I'll be out of the country and at the mercy of foreign hotel wifi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

10. Post #6130
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    half a year without a major update: this is what will happen on may 15th if valve doesn't come up with something.

We only got one weapon since last december, and, arguably, it wasn't good, let alone game-changing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #6131
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,436 Posts
    Valve is lazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #6132
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,229 Posts
    Yeah, something is up. It is kinda pathetic how it seems to have been abandoned. I can straight up tell you that the update, other than Meet The Pyro, will be disappointing. It will have the same monetized bullshit like Christmas, and they're not going to care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

13. Post #6133
    May 2011
    2,781 Posts
    I started playing TF2 last May, I saw the update history, and saw the uber update come in the middle of the exams. I started to enjoy the summer, and saw new weapons in July and August, and, seeing how the past went, expected a nice year with new content.

Nothing big for 11 months now. Tweaks in the Manniversary, and a shitton of hats I don't care about. But nothing major.

I don't care about DOTA. I want a good major update, and community contrib updates, rather that having "the hat of the week". I want maps and weapons. I have high expectatives for the upcoming update, after 3 months of being promised an awesome year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #6134
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,229 Posts
    I can't get over that "This year will be huge for TF2".

Not a single notable update for five months into the year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

15. Post #6135
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,971 Posts
    but... but... HATS and... and... and... COZY CAMPER

...but yea. Slow year for TF2, which is funny considering the F2P nature of the game pretty much requires lots of good, large content updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #6136
    April 2010
    3,164 Posts
    but... but... HATS and... and... and... COZY CAMPER

...but yea. Slow year for TF2, which is funny considering the F2P nature of the game pretty much requires lots of good, large content updates.
    I said this before, its mostly true that most of the beta players or players from a year later are basically done with this game or only play competitive.
    Or trade. So the new players have so much content and collectibles they probably want to buy, craft, or trade for. Its the old players that require the large content updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #6137
    November 2010
    660 Posts
    Just makes me hope harder for a slew of new weapons, maps and a new gamemode. Bam, in your face.

But don't see it happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #6138
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,971 Posts
    it's even sad we haven't even had any interesting promos.

Last year we had 2 promos that added a handful of weapons with stats (Rift + Shogun), by this time last year, plus the MNC stuff which was interesting (well, the socks were).
    This year we had rootkits, pay to win games, some medieval helmets and a robot backpack. Oh and a lady's wig for Soldier.

We even had 4 new maps by this time (3 community + KOTH_Badlands)...
    Oh and a bunch of hats that took a dangerous amount of time to start randomly dropping, and the Cozy Camper, a leftover from Christmas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #6139
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,696 Posts
    i'm really hoping it's been 11 months since the last big update just because they're gonna release a new gamemode with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

20. Post #6140
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I know this is going to be worth the wait, but the wait is painfully boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #6141
    January 2012
    45 Posts
    The wait can't be that much longer.
    ....right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #6142
    April 2009
    1,765 Posts
    If the Saxxy's come with Source Film Maker this week, then it will have been worth the wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #6143
    May 2011
    6,445 Posts
    Valve better not release this on the same day as The Avengers.
    The Avengers will win.

Luckily, I assume they'll do something the day afterwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #6144
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,229 Posts
    I say we still all try for a Saxxy, as in, Facepunch's TF2 playerbase as a whole. Could saturate the forums with an absolute shit ton of Saxxies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree x 3Agree x 2Winner x 1Friendly x 1Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #6145
    May 2011
    6,445 Posts
    Just realised, holy shit, Replay Update was one of the best updates for hats so far (as far as quality goes).

We got the Team Captain, Conoisseur's Cap, Villain's Veil, Crocleather Slouch, Western Wear, Large Luchadore...

26. Post #6146
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    961 Posts
    Just realised, holy shit, Replay Update was one of the best updates for hats so far (as far as quality goes).

We got the Team Captain, Conoisseur's Cap, Villain's Veil, Crocleather Slouch, Western Wear, Large Luchadore...
    But wasn't that just the third community hat update?...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

27. Post #6147
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,601 Posts
    But wasn't that just the third community hat update?...
    Third community hat update contained the following:

Honcho's Headgear
    Sight for Sore Eyes
    Regealattor
    Private Eye
    Big Country
    Professor's Peculiarity
    Googly Gazer
    Teddy Roosebelt
    Medic's Mountain Cap
    Grimm Hatte
    Charmer's Chapeau
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #6148
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,112 Posts
    Hopefully they'll keep the tradition in Meet the Pyro, where BLU Heavy and Soldier always die.
    No heavies die in Meet the Sandvich or Meet the Medic

Debatedly no soldiers die in Meet the Soldier unless you count the implied offscreen kills he would need to get the blue helmets

I think it's all coincidence, nearly all other classes usually die in Meet the videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

29. Post #6149
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,229 Posts
    No heavies die in Meet the Sandvich or Meet the Medic

Debatedly no soldiers die in Meet the Soldier unless you count the implied offscreen kills he would need to get the blue helmets

I think it's all coincidence, nearly all other classes usually die in Meet the videos.
    I swear the Engie's sentry kills a heavy in Meet the Sandvich
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #6150
    September 2011
    4,349 Posts
    i'm really hoping it's been 11 months since the last big update just because they're gonna release a new gamemode with it
    Worst part is, there's a 50% chance you won't even see the new gamemode this month.
    Because Saxxy.

In all honesty, Valve packing up Meet The Pyro + Saxxy Awards + a new gamemode + new items in the same update is impossible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

31. Post #6151
    January 2010
    3,156 Posts
    I can see Meet the Pyro, Saxxies and a new gamemode this week... but wouldn't be surprised if they don't quite deliver as much in terms of item sets.

32. Post #6152
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,632 Posts
    I can see Meet the Pyro, Saxxies and a new gamemode this week... but wouldn't be surprised if they don't quite deliver as much in terms of item sets.
    We could all see it the past two months.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, EVER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6153
    September 2010
    1,086 Posts
    Worst part is, there's a 50% chance you won't even see the new gamemode this month.
    Because Saxxy.
    I have this horrible feeling that they aren't going to be pairing MtP with the Saxxy Awards. Maybe because of last year. I dunno, I just can't bring myself to get excited about the event at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

34. Post #6154
    April 2011
    3,324 Posts
    Because Saxxy.

In all honesty, Valve packing up Meet The Pyro + Saxxy Awards + a new gamemode + new items in the same update is impossible.
    The Saxxy Update in 2011 was mainly about the introduction of a new feature. This year it would have to bring in a new feature again if it was going to be a big thing on its own. The event was there to promote the feature. Not vice versa.

35. Post #6155
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,473 Posts
    For this years saxxies they better fucking overhaul the replay system. Or at the least explain these crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #6156
    May 2011
    2,781 Posts
    Toweek is the week!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #6157
    May 2011
    6,445 Posts
    I actually don't want MtP to be paired with the Saxxys.

It just seems like a bit of overload.

Get one thing out of the way first, then focus on the other.

If it were up to me, I'd release the MtP update, Raid Mode, Source Filmmaker, and announce the Saxxys at the same time.

This gives everyone a lot of new toys to make videos out of, then once the Saxxy awards show up, release an additional big update with new sets and whatnot, maybe a map or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #6158
    January 2010
    3,156 Posts
    Well if they are going to put in source filmmaker for the gimmick of this year's Saxxies, they are going to have to get Meet the Pyro out of the way, and the Saxxy anniversary is technically this week.

39. Post #6159
    January 2012
    490 Posts
    guys
    saxxies are may 5
    may 5 is a saturday on PST
    valve never releases weekend updates right?
    :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #6160
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,168 Posts
    looking back at the 3 "new" gamemodes they made since release, it's probably going to be CTF with a control point slapped on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)