1. Post #6841
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    I still think that the best part of the "testi-leak" was all the stuff about the history of the raid mode, which i don't know why it hasn't leaked yet seeing that it's abandoned stuff. It explain at least how they thought about it and stuff.
       One day at Valve HQ:
    "This same stuff is getting boring."
    "Yeah those classes never get older."
    *Super awesome idea from one of those employees*
    "We should skip like 10 years and go to future with new stuff"

Yeah. They planned to do that. Space weapons, space stuff was for that. You might be thinking, "How does robots relate to space and stuff."
    Because those robots were originally was going to be aliens. Why did it got removed? Because it didn't fit tf2.
    Stuff get ruined and they realized how bad they look, but somebody liked their futuristic look.
    Then they decided to make them robots. 

So medieval mod was a test to see how the community would respond to a changing timeline
    Huh. That's actually pretty thought out.

Also, I just now realized that your avatar moves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #6842
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,045 Posts
    His avatar doesn't move what are you on about

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #6843
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,216 Posts
    maruhai has a moving avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #6844
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    maruhai has a moving avatar.
    Congrats but they both talked about Napy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6845
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I have a moving avatar.

You just need to use an outdated browser to see it.

totally worth it.

Also, it's monday in my timezone, which means tonight is the night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6846
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    I think yesterday is the night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #6847
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    I personally like the hetsman's headpiece, dunno why it is hated so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #6848
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    I personally like the hetsman's headpiece, dunno why it is hated so much.
    Woah, I didn't even know that hat existed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #6849
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    Woah, I didn't even know that hat existed.
    people hate it so much that it isn't even used and it's a pretty cheap genuine. I understand the hate towards the janissary ketche, but the headpiece is pretty well made IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #6850
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    people hate it so much that it isn't even used and it's a pretty cheap genuine. I understand the hate towards the janissary ketche, but the headpiece is pretty well made IMO
    It looks well made but it doesn't really fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #6851
    November 2010
    660 Posts
    I have a moving avatar.

You just need to use an outdated browser to see it.

totally worth it.

Also, it's monday in my timezone, which means tonight is the night.
    Hon hon hon.

Heard a solly say that as he telefrag-dominated a spy today, pure awesome.

Joking aside I wish to see some cool stuff this week, even if it's more undocumented stuff.

The portal 2 dlc should help ease the pain of a dull tf2 year so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #6852
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    Yeah, even if there isn't a major update this week the weekly update should contain some more hints, hopefully!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #6853
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    update is probably coming out next month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #6854
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    They added new UI elements this update to show featured items and new major updates.

It's sooner rather than later. UI items are always the last thing they seem to work on. Remember, with the Uber update, we got the quick match UI in beta a mere week before the Uber update. The backpack was one or two weeks before the Sniper v Spy update. And so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic x 8Artistic x 2Informative x 2Funny x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1Useful x 1Late x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #6855
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Also, Saxxy awards brought massive changes to the main menu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #6856
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,893 Posts
    Also, Saxxy awards brought massive changes to the main menu.
    I was wondering about this until the recent update - Where were they going to put the spinning Saxxy?

Guess the new UI change answered my question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #6857
    March 2012
    1,879 Posts
    Lets hope this year's saxxie will have a hidden link or something to the tobor update atleast and please god NOT THE SPAM WATCH MY REPLAY VIDEOS on SPUF D: that was a nightmare to behold.

Every Person thinks they will winrar the saxxy's

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #6858
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Spuf in general is pretty bad as is.

I have my hopes up for meet the director part 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #6859
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,709 Posts

He's dead, Jim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #6860
    March 2012
    1,879 Posts

Pretty much yes and every spuf user thinks they will winrar the saxxie's like a tv show thats famous

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #6861
    January 2012
    276 Posts
    In Christmas update, they released a map. It wasn't fitting christmas. A factory map with nothing about christmas.
    Why did they add it?
    To hint upcoming updates.

First hint
    ---------
    Pictures of robots.

Second hint
    -----------
    Tobor text. (It's robot.)

Third hint
    ----------
    When you look at Red spawn, you see heavy and scout looking at those pictures, scared.
    When you go to Blue spawn, nothing but a poster with tobor on it.

Forth Hint
    ----------
    M V M - 13 22 13 (Numbers in top secret room)

What do those mean?

Robot pictures = Robot versions of classes
    Tobor text = Reverse Robot
    Third hint = Robots!
    Forth = MvM(Mann Vs Machine) (Also seen in manifest files "sound\'mvm'\melee_impacts\")

They started adding boomboxes and lots of futuristic stuff.
    All of the recent updates had hints inside them.
    Manifest files and stuff. (They keep adding those..)

(loads of stuff)
    I know to everyone else it's old, but thanks for putting all that in one post. Maybe that should be in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

22. Post #6862
    January 2012
    1,594 Posts
    He's dead, Jim.
    I read this with Vegeta's voice from the Abriged Series.

Nappa- "I'm cuddling it, Vegeta!"

Vegeta- "It's dead, Nappa."

Nappa- "Noooo!"

Ahem, back on topic.

This week's DLC is probably a good excuse for the lack of content in TF2 this year.

OOOOOR

They will release something bigger then anything else they ever released...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #6863
    July 2009
    6,049 Posts
    I've been wondering what the robots will look like for the longest time.

Yah, we've seen the hidden pictures and all, but what about those boss robots? Would they just be giant robot versions of the classes as someone previously mentioned?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #6864
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    Well, there was that tobor skin that was briefly in the game.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Tobor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

25. Post #6865
    August 2009
    2,156 Posts
    uh-oh
    http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/05/446...ames-with.html

if the US follows suit... this would affect TF2
    I might be late to the party on this, but this should be done for TF2.

Crates are totally unethical, and this is coming from someone that has had a lot of unusuals in the past....well, a few anyway. Its online gambling, no ifs ands or buts.

Valve should just put everything in the game on the store for preset prices, but give them the "not usable in crafting" tag so people that trade that stuff for money don't get screwed. But you shouldn't be doing this kind of thing for money in the first place. Its like using a Pyramid scheme for a primary source of income. Its too much work and not reliable.

And add special "tools" that add unusual effects to hats, and the value of the effect costs are based on the "quality" of the effect, like Sunbeams tool being $149.99, and flies costing...I dunno. $19.99. And unusuals made with this have the "not usable in crafting" tag. Or something.

Also put a strange version of every weapon on the store, and give them all one price...like $14.99 each. Going by "Economy" and TF2 store prices here. And strange parts, $4.99 each.

Then keys should be removed from the store, but existing keys people own should be turned into...something else. Maybe Valve could incorporate some kind of feature like you can use keys to pay for things on the Mann co store, but they won't have the "Not usable in crafting" tag when bought with keys?

As for crates, make left over crates either craftable or have Valve change all crates into a random weapon.

I know not everyone will back the idea 100%, and it might hurt some people participate in the economy likes its their second job (You should never use something on the Internet as your primary source of income, its too risky in the first place) but Valve will have to do SOMETHING if the Government starts weeding out dodgy stuff like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #6866
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,286 Posts
    I read this with Vegeta's voice from the Abriged Series.

Nappa- "I'm cuddling it, Vegeta!"

Vegeta- "It's dead, Nappa."

Nappa- "Noooo!"

Ahem, back on topic.

This week's DLC is probably a good excuse for the lack of content in TF2 this year.

OOOOOR

They will release something bigger then anything else they ever released...
    it's a famous star trek quote
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #6867
    September 2011
    4,402 Posts
    They added new UI elements this update to show featured items and new major updates.

It's sooner rather than later. UI items are always the last thing they seem to work on. Remember, with the Uber update, we got the quick match UI in beta a mere week before the Uber update. The backpack was one or two weeks before the Sniper v Spy update. And so on.
    Good point, the store UI overall during the Manniversary was the last thing they did, and it was still given to specific users at release.
    Although I had it from the start and there was no bugs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

28. Post #6868
    May 2011
    6,633 Posts
    I'd like it if we got some kind of "Essence of Unsuality" or something, where you could apply it to any hat to give it a random effect.

Make it drop at maybe half the rate as hats.

Bam, the Mannconomy is much less shit and Valve continues to make money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

29. Post #6869
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    962 Posts
    I'd like it if we got some kind of "Essence of Unsuality" or something, where you could apply it to any hat to give it a random effect.

And half the game's players have a Frame-rate which drops through the ground and the seven levels of hell to the center of the earth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #6870
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,370 Posts

Unusual owners would kill themselves
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #6871
    October 2011
    799 Posts
    I might be late to the party on this, but this should be done for TF2.

Crates are totally unethical, and this is coming from someone that has had a lot of unusuals in the past....well, a few anyway. Its online gambling, no ifs ands or buts.

Valve should just put everything in the game on the store for preset prices, but give them the "not usable in crafting" tag so people that trade that stuff for money don't get screwed. But you shouldn't be doing this kind of thing for money in the first place. Its like using a Pyramid scheme for a primary source of income. Its too much work and not reliable.

And add special "tools" that add unusual effects to hats, and the value of the effect costs are based on the "quality" of the effect, like Sunbeams tool being $149.99, and flies costing...I dunno. $19.99. And unusuals made with this have the "not usable in crafting" tag. Or something.

Also put a strange version of every weapon on the store, and give them all one price...like $14.99 each. Going by "Economy" and TF2 store prices here. And strange parts, $4.99 each.

Then keys should be removed from the store, but existing keys people own should be turned into...something else. Maybe Valve could incorporate some kind of feature like you can use keys to pay for things on the Mann co store, but they won't have the "Not usable in crafting" tag when bought with keys?

As for crates, make left over crates either craftable or have Valve change all crates into a random weapon.

I know not everyone will back the idea 100%, and it might hurt some people participate in the economy likes its their second job (You should never use something on the Internet as your primary source of income, its too risky in the first place) but Valve will have to do SOMETHING if the Government starts weeding out dodgy stuff like this.
    Or...we can simplify everything and say an unusual item is what you get for every twenty bucks you spend in the Mann.Co store.

You can still uncrate them at the same rate but you can get them at the cost of 20 buck too.     personally anyone who spends that much on the game earns should earn it already   

Hat and effect stay random, but maybe make it uncraftable and fuck with the economy by having the who ever they are that makes prices break their brain to find out what a "Dirty, Flies Mongolian" costs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

32. Post #6872
    July 2009
    6,049 Posts
    Unusual owners would kill themselves
    That's basically the bonus, yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #6873
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,402 Posts
    Hypothetical: What if the second annual Saxxy awards aren't announced this week?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #6874
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,451 Posts
    Hypothetical: What if the second annual Saxxy awards aren't announced this week?
    Then none of us would be surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

35. Post #6875
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,303 Posts
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDREN
    Wait a second...
    Which class got into Killing Floor a while ago?

It all makes sense now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #6876
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    If we're gonna be speculating over the music featured in meet the pyro, I personally expect 60's british music.

I know most people think the pyro is mexican, but I think it's english.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #6877
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,402 Posts
    Someone elses song with a latin twist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

38. Post #6878
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,259 Posts
    I want Arabian music because it's always used in "hot" levels in video games (volcanoes, deserts, stuff like that).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #6879
    April 2011
    3,389 Posts
    EDIT: Quoted to shrink the window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #6880
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    Due to the fact that one Czech company is called Pyrotek I do believe that Pyro is Czech.

Dvořák, 9th symphony 4th movement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)