1. Post #8201
    February 2012
    35 Posts
    I really don’t think that everything that has been speculated at is going to come in one huge pack update. I believe Valve will probably release all of this stuff in 3-4 updates. The first two will be separated out by content type (i.e. Meet the Pyro & “MvM game-mode” update) Everything else that did not make it will go into the next Manniversary update, Scream Fortress or Australian Christmas update.

The reason why the “replay update sequel” has yet to come out is due to the fact that it ties into another major update (which is not ready to ship). The other problem is that every year has technically surpassed the previous year when it comes to updates. So this year might be more overly ambitious and might actually bog down the development speed.

Also the new game-mode will probably outshine the other 3 game-modes we have gotten in the past. I’m looking at you Arena, Medieval, and King of the Hill game types. It will possibly be on the same scale of Payload, in terms of the time it took to make that game type. You have to remember that Payload was still being developed even prior to TF2 release.

As far as the secret map goes I have a feeling it could be anything. Many secret movie projects use a different alias to fool their fan base. I would not be too surprised if this is going on with this map. Right now “TF2 maps” is now barley wrapping up their payload map contest, which to me would be more interesting to see at this point. Considering they have been used as a reference point for talented community maps that make it in game.

At this point I am happy with TF2; because if I turn my head to other Valve IP franchise’s like portal, left 4 dead, counter strike, and day of defeat it’s not the same content wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #8202
    May 2011
    6,215 Posts
    No, I mean the VALVE Store.
    So if you buy say, a Crocodile Punch T-Shirt, a Wheatly Keychain, and a copy of The Sacrifice, you get a special exclusive item in TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #8203
    November 2010
    250 Posts
    No, I mean the VALVE Store.
    So if you buy say, a Crocodile Punch T-Shirt, a Wheatly Keychain, and a copy of The Sacrifice, you get a special exclusive item in TF2.
    yeah but why would you buy that damned t-shirt it looks horrid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #8204
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,897 Posts
    The first email to them is always the most painful. Now I feel like I could spam their inboxes with fix requests!
    yep :)

then you get Valve employees in your friends list and then you do the slooowwww painful work up of nerve to actually message them on Steam about stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #8205
    May 2011
    1,374 Posts

then you get Valve employees in your friends list and then you do the slooowwww painful work up of nerve to actually message them on Steam about stuff.
    Oh crap... Powerful people, watching me...

6. Post #8206
    March 2012
    1,703 Posts
    No good update in weeks...

I am going to die from no good updates...

GAH is ded for now...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #8207
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,459 Posts

I'm pretty sure that how painful it is varies depending on your personality. I just winged it and it was a completely painless process.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8208
    September 2011
    4,173 Posts
    I never email Valve because they're already busy enough.
    Although Valve is really good with communicating and interacting with the community, they seem to do it on itches and not on a regular basis. People nowadays are impatient and want everything right away so it's kinda hard to keep a good pace.

I often make jokes on Valve, but we all have to remember they're putting an incredible amount of work in everything they do, and whatever they're working on, they do it for good.
    If they need a reliable way of working efficiently on TF2, I would suggest visiting the TFWiki, taking a small list of bugs for a week, and try to fix them.

Although I still don't understand why they would release an update during an exam period.
    And somehow they already did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #8209
    May 2011
    1,374 Posts
    No good update in weeks...

I am going to die from no good updates...

GAH is ded for now...

I didn't want to say this, but...
    Do you actively try to make every single one of your posts idiotic?
    I'm not trying to be mean it's just... Every time I see you you're swimming in cardboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 11Funny x 4Winner x 1Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #8210
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    946 Posts
    I don't know if it's true for Ronin and stuff; but me and Sparkwire haven't been contacted at all about a big tf2 update, unfortunently
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #8211
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,152 Posts
    So, some people recieved their UGC Highlander Medal, and, well, it's not exactly looking as expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #8212
    March 2012
    1,703 Posts
    I didn't want to say this, but...
    Do you actively try to make every single one of your posts idiotic?
    I'm not trying to be mean it's just... Every time I see you you're swimming in cardboard.
    I am not even trying to I am saying is that if we don't get a good update I am going to die and there hasn't been a good update in weeks. well atleast for me.

Knew it was dageek again and I really don't care on my dumb's I get I really don't care. Anyways there pointless dumb's sum stoopid raito.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

13. Post #8213
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,547 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that how painful it is varies depending on your personality. I just winged it and it was a completely painless process.
    Hardest part about emailing the tf2 team for me anymore is filling out the horrendously unforgiving Valve captchas.

Seriously those things are annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #8214
    April 2012
    5,254 Posts
    So, some people recieved their UGC Highlander Medal, and, well, it's not exactly looking as expected.
    I find it hilarious that the ERROR model has it's own Uber texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny x 8Agree x 6Dumb x 1Zing x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #8215
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,459 Posts
    I find it hilarious that the ERROR model has it's own Uber texture.
    I'm pretty sure that there's just 1 uber texture that replaces the textures of all items and weapons during Ubercharges. It's not that the ERROR model has an uber texture, it just uses what all items do. I can't remember if players have their own uber textures though, I'm pretty sure they don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #8216
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    9,642 Posts
    I want an ERROR hat now...

I'm pretty sure that there's just 1 uber texture that replaces the textures of all items and weapons during Ubercharges. It's not that the ERROR model has an uber texture, it just uses what all items do. I can't remember if players have their own uber textures though, I'm pretty sure they don't.
    Only players do, due to the eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #8217
    July 2011
    793 Posts
    I am not even trying to I am saying is that if we don't get a good update I am going to die and there hasn't been a good update in weeks. well atleast for me.

Knew it was dageek again and I really don't care on my dumb's I get I really don't care. Anyways there pointless dumb's sum stoopid raito.
    I can't understand what you're saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #8218
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 3 (list)

19. Post #8219
    April 2012
    5,254 Posts
    I figured as much, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that I find it hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

20. Post #8220
    March 2012
    1,703 Posts
    I can't understand what you're saying.
    If we don't get a good update everyone's going to fucking die and a major shitstorm of facepunch and spuf combined the fucking end you happy now ?

(User was banned for this post ("Threadshitting" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 19Winner x 3Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #8221
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    946 Posts
    If we don't get a good update everyone's going to fucking die and a major shitstorm of facepunch and spuf combined the fucking end you happy now ?
    What has the intelligence of a Cabbage and can't type

Hint. It's not a cabbage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 5Disagree x 3Zing x 2Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #8222
    i have an ear fetish and lie like a basterd. i wasn't lying about the ears though. what a shitty title.
    December 2011
    1,424 Posts
    Truly this man is the Messiah!
    His words of wisdom, none, can deny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #8223
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,908 Posts
    Look... people have tried to put this nicely, and nastily too, but you don't get it.

You're shitposting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #8224
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,022 Posts
    What has the intelligence of a Cabbage and can't type

Hint. It's not a cabbage.
    god damn it teacher i didnt study
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #8225
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,410 Posts
    yeah well don't get me wrong, I can assure you guys that there is a massive update due soon. (probably 2-3 weeks out) but its DEFINITELY not what people are saying here.

Fact is, it takes a lot of effort to prepare everything to ship. Graphics for the promos, assets to be defined, legal papers to be signed (and approved) and play testing. Take the map for rumor for example, you guys honestly think that would be done in a few weeks? We really should be happy we'll get a big update. You guys already know the drill, "free dlc, large community, small core development team". Either way we the community wins. Not a perfect for everyone but still appreciate what they're doing.
    As long as there's more emphasis placed on weapons than on cosmetics, I'll be content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #8226
    March 2012
    1,703 Posts
    Look... people have tried to put this nicely, and nastily too, but you don't get it.

You're shitposting.
    Pretty much my last time ever of doing this. And I said I have changed but no one seems to be nice to people like me helping and trying to guess what's next... welp off to no bullshit forums the great place to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #8227
    September 2009
    490 Posts
    As long as there's more emphasis placed on weapons than on cosmetics, it'll be content.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #8228
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,459 Posts
    Fixed that for ya.
    Being content means that he'll be satisfied. He's using the adjective, not the noun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #8229
    September 2009
    490 Posts
    not in a million years would I think to email EA immediately when I notice something odd or easily fixable.
    And yet, I email Valve all the time, and usually in a month or so those nagging problems are fixed (or ignored).

Valve's problem isn't communication. It's remembering they made that communication. They forget... a lot, and don't realize a lot of things are wrong when they are wrong. I don't think they really play TF2 in quite the same situations we all do, so some bugs are not entirely noticeable to them until it's brought up. Sometimes assuming Valve knows a pretty obvious bug exists is not really what's true
    To extend this sentiment, the guys I talked to on a tour were really, really bad at saying no to people's faces. It's not that they hate communication, but they also hate letting people down. You should have seen how ashamed some of them were of the early days of steam and how unreliable it is.

EDIT: Psychopath, that was the joke. I was joking that cosmetics are no longer considered "content" to Exor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #8230
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,022 Posts
    I really do hope we see a good handful of new weapons. I mean we have plenty of hats at this point, but just like a few others have said, I'd LOVE to see new changes to the gameplay itself. Seeing as that's the most important part of a GAME

(And it looks like you all can give your box ratings a break now)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #8231
    December 2010
    16,897 Posts
    Hardest part about emailing the tf2 team for me anymore is filling out the horrendously unforgiving Valve captchas.

Seriously those things are annoying.
    oh god, I thought it was just me being dumb. Good to know other people have to do it several [dozen] times before it finally goes through

32. Post #8232
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    welp entire steam community (including tf2.com) is down.. probably nothing butttttttttttt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

33. Post #8233
    December 2010
    16,897 Posts
    I am currently in TF2 and the item server seems to still work

34. Post #8234
    Sae

April 2012
    61 Posts
    managed to load the blog. no new news, but the update page isn't loading.

e: nothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #8235
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,152 Posts
    It was a simple downtime planned on SPUF, they updated their servers, and that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #8236
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,873 Posts
    TONIGHT'S NOT THE NIGHT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #8237
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    welp entire steam community (including tf2.com) is down.. probably nothing butttttttttttt
    It's because of maintenence http://twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support/...50349466390530
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #8238
    January 2012
    1,298 Posts
    The Blog doesn't load. I guess it's maintenance.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

39. Post #8239
    May 2011
    6,215 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

40. Post #8240
    December 2010
    16,897 Posts
    wait until tomorrow. Today is Wednesday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 2Useful x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)