1. Post #8361
    November 2010
    660 Posts
    promo tonight means no big update
    http://wiki.tf2.com/wiki/Ball-Kicking_Boots

But I think the fact we haven't heard anything before now is more an indication of no big update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8362
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,770 Posts
    Oh look, two ugly promos for MODERN FPS #4505049684 4: THE GAME: THE SEQUEL: THE ORIGIN STORY: FESTER'S QUEST.

Bet this means we're not getting anything amazing. Again.

Wheeeeee~...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #8363
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    Any reason why these Ball-Kicking Boots are promo/purchase only? Because they're kinda nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #8364
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    Any reason why these Ball-Kicking Boots are promo/purchase only? Because they're kinda nice.
    Because Valve wants money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #8365
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,218 Posts
    iirc it's because Sega asked it to be like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #8366
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,465 Posts
    So instead of having items put onto the Workshop where community feedback can show support or lack of support of an item, like the Mask of the Dead, they instead just bypass that entirely and ignore what the community might want to say about the items because it's already getting ingame.

Fucking brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #8367
    April 2011
    3,199 Posts
    So instead of having items put onto the Workshop where community feedback can show support or lack of support of an item, like the Mask of the Dead, they instead just bypass that entirely and ignore what the community might want to say about the items because it's already getting ingame.

Fucking brilliant.
    I give the CrimeCraft devs credit. They made use of the system and responded to criticism. And their game wasn't half bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8368
    April 2010
    3,152 Posts
    iirc it's because Sega asked it to be like that.
    And thats why the Scarf is so fucking expensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #8369
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,465 Posts
    I give the CrimeCraft devs credit. They made use of the system and responded to criticism. And their game wasn't half bad.
    And then they tried to remake the Mask of the Dead yet again and it still looks eughaskjdflskdfj
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #8370
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,770 Posts

Fucking brilliant.
    Not to mention the items themselves are so out of place my eyes hurt. (I know, i know. TF2 having a specific style at this point...)

I'm sorry but...this is just ungodfully lame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #8371
    August 2009
    6,171 Posts
    I have this feeling that the next big update's gonna make up for the shit Valve's been putting in the game lately.

I also think the next update's gonna have some good shit other than the ugly promos.
    actually I don't think its possible for a single update to make up for almost half a year of mediocre shit but lets see what happens

regarding lack of actually good workshop things they're probably witholding a metric fuckton of the best ones to release them en masse when the next big update rolls around to say "content guys look"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #8372
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,696 Posts
    Kill me, kill me now. More promos. I think I need to update my tally of TF2 content releases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #8373
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,770 Posts
    Kill me, kill me now. More promos. I think I need to update my tally of TF2 content releases.
    Current additions that change the game somehow...One. And it's recycled from the Christmas Update.

Current additions that are purely cosmetic and don't do anything...well, i lost track.

Sure is a big year for TF2, huh guys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #8374
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    9,647 Posts
    I'm creeing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #8375
    April 2011
    2,596 Posts
    Current additions that change the game somehow...One. And it's recycled from the Christmas Update.

Current additions that are purely cosmetic and don't do anything...well, i lost track.

Sure is a big year for TF2, huh guys?
    Impliying a year has only 6 months, but of course
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

16. Post #8376
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,770 Posts
    Impliying a year has only 6 months, but of course
    We're at the halfway point of the BIG YEAR with zilch to show for it.

ONWARD TO ANOTHER SIX, GENTLEMEN!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #8377
    rrerr.rar
    March 2012
    946 Posts
    I'm creeing
    pls don cree, tings will be bettr bb; i prumise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #8378
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    9,998 Posts
    I don't get why people hate the mask of the dead. I think it looks cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #8379
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    They should update the blog post saying that "it will be a great year semester for TF2", then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8380
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,510 Posts
    So in spite of the considerably dissapointing half-year so far, could someone compile a list of all the hints, teases and hypes over what the next major update could be? All the soundcache files, for example
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #8381
    March 2010
    44 Posts

yeah those are things alright

yawn
    I can see the name tags now for the eye-patch now...
    "the scouter"
    "its over 9000 !!!!XD!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #8382
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,707 Posts

yawn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #8383
    May 2011
    5,109 Posts
    "the scouter"
    "its over 9000 !!!!XD!!"
    dohohohoho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #8384
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,552 Posts
    "the scouter"
    "its over 9000 !!!!XD!!"
    oh lord that's probably going to be the actual description
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #8385
    March 2011
    9,647 Posts
    pls don cree, tings will be bettr bb; i prumise
    Brb creeing 5ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #8386
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    fuck this gay earth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #8387
    May 2008
    4,708 Posts
    So in spite of the considerably dissapointing half-year so far, could someone compile a list of all the hints, teases and hypes over what the next major update could be? All the soundcache files, for example
    Well as I don't have the soundcache files on me right now I can give a short overview of what I can remember being hinted.

Tobor texture was added to the game under training folder, was removed shortly after.

The engineer teaser has a robotic heavy head and a robotic demo head (presumed) that look similar to the photos mentioned below

Cp_foundry had 3 secrets:
    1. A hidden room with the word "Tobor" in it. - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/0/02/Cp_Foundry_hidden_room_blu.png
    2. Another hidden room which had the soldier guarding outside with heavy and scout inside looking at bad pictures of robot versions of classes - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/4a/Cp_foundry_photos.jpg
    3. Numbers on a wall near the second secret showed "1961 13 22 13" So far it was found out that 13 22 13 means MVM (alphabet counting), which is now presumed to mean Man Vs Machine, or Mann if you want. It is currently unknown what 1961 means, if anything special. - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...undry_date.jpg

The soundcache files revealed a few things about the possible gamemode:
    1. there is a boss robot that has nukes, grenades and rockets and can apparently be stunned as well as "precision/hard shots" and "locking on"
    2. It may be wave-based
    3. It may be arena-like or has something significant about a player dying (there is a sound file for a player dying)
    4. There are sound files referencing giant classes, except for medic, engineer, spy and sniper.
    5. there are monsters called "sentrybuster" and a "tank"
    6. There are upgrades you have to buy.
    7. there are powerups (may be related to upgrades)

There was also a file reference found called "robotron" but unknown if related.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #8388
    March 2011
    9,647 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIU1GCR1S_E&t=33s

How I feel right now. (Damn time-stamp doesn't work in the HTML)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #8389
    September 2011
    4,173 Posts
    We should totally add a TF2 promotionnal item for being good at the Portal 2 puzzle maker.
    I can see the name.

Perpetual Tester Associate. (PeTA)

no wait fuck scrap this
    Thus no promotionnal item.
    I'm bored beyond limits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

30. Post #8390
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,047 Posts
    Disregard the above! I've figured it all out!

TF2 BLOG said that this year would be a big year, what they actually meant was that we're going to be feeling like this was the longest year in our lives because we're stuck in limbo without an update!

Man Versus Machine is actually the fight that will erupt right at the end of the year between valve employees and the community when there won't have been a worthwhile update all year long! Thus common man will be fighting the bureaucratic machine that is valve!

Meet the pyro is actually happening right now, as we start flame wars and insult the promos and each other we are actually the internet arsonists here!

YOU are the pyro!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #8391

February 2011
    637 Posts
    fuck this gay earth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #8392
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,912 Posts
    I just finished my last class of my college career. One more week of finals... and it's done. I'm out. Then begins the long search for a job.

Oh hey there Valve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #8393
    January 2010
    3,147 Posts
    I just finished my last class of my college career. One more week of finals... and it's done. I'm out. Then begins the long search for a job.

Oh hey there Valve
    Oh hi, Ned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #8394
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,573 Posts

yawn

Edited:

No seriously, why? I hate Ghost Recon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #8395
    May 2008
    4,708 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #8396
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,552 Posts
    why do you choose to anger me so

37. Post #8397
    May 2011
    6,232 Posts
    Now now, I'm know tensions are high, but these promos aren't TERRIBLE.
    It's not the Mask of the Dead or the Mask of the Shaman or another stock baseball cap.

They're ALRIGHT, but not TERRIBLE.
    The Scout's is pretty cool (provided you can remove the stupid-ass eyepatch) and the Soldier's is alright (not as good as something like the Lumbricus or Stahlhelm, but just okay).

Now, as for tonight...
    BEST-CASE SCENARIO
    We get a great workshop item (all-class Nanobalcava or Private Eye, Plumber's Cap, weapon(s), etc.), some bug fixes and an announcement of some sort concering Meet the Pyro or the Saxxies.

WORST-CASE SCENARIO
    We get no workshop item, no bug fixes, no announcement, just the promos until next week.

MOST LIKELY SCENARIO
    We get a workshop item and maybe a few fixes/tweaks.

Don't get all excited for Meet the Pyro, I'd say that's about a month away still (remember Meet the Medic?).
    If you're gonna get excited over ANYTHING, get excited over the Saxxies (who knows, MtP is finished, so maybe they'll be released at the same time, like how we hoped Meet the Medic would go).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #8398
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,365 Posts
    haha playing using the kinect.

fucking casual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #8399
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,696 Posts
    Not to be picky, but, of all the models to pick for your commercial. Why her? She's annoying, and I'm pretty sure you could find a less caked up large breasted woman willing to work for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #8400
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,770 Posts
    why do you choose to anger me so
    My point still stands.

HURGH, SO GRIM AND EDGY

MODERN GUNWARS! COMING SOON, ON G4

GUN SHOOT! BULLET FIRE 3! GENERIC FPS 7: THIS IS SO ORIGINAL!

AND AN EXCLUSIVE ON THE NEW AMMO FIGHT GAME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)