1. Post #3201
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,909 Posts
    Finally elited my kv3, this tank is so freakin awesome
    Bouncing everything from the front and reaping with the 122.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3202
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    Should I go for the KV-3 or the KV-1S?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3203
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,653 Posts
    i have the kv3 and i have no idea how to play it
    it sucks so hard its not even possible to imagine (stock ofc)

Edited:

when i play w/ amx 40 in enemy team - WE DIDNT EVEN SCRATCH THEM, RICOCHET, CRITICAL HIT (for 0 hp ofc)
    when I plas an amx 40 - our track are gone they got our driver our commander is dead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #3204
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,084 Posts
    KV-3 - armor.
    KV-1S - speed.

First steamrolls the low tier matches while the later is less insufferable in the high tier ones.

Watch out, tho, because in several months, these two tanks will actually split into two different tank lines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3205
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,083 Posts
    AMX 40 grind wasn't as bad when all the new frenchies were coming out so all you saw in low tiers was fields of frenchies

but now that the server has repopulated with tanks that have enough HP to suck up your shots but enough penetration to go through your armor it's kind of rendered useless

6. Post #3206
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    Both.
    I enjoyed the KV-1S more, but the KV-3 will be tier 7 soon, then you'd have two tanks. I suggest researching the KV-3, then buy it and then buy the KV-1S for a good tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #3207
    January 2009
    21,084 Posts
    AMX 40 grind wasn't as bad when all the new frenchies were coming out so all you saw in low tiers was fields of frenchies

but now that the server has repopulated with tanks that have enough HP to suck up your shots but enough penetration to go through your armor it's kind of rendered useless
    Believe me. It was useless in the early days, too. Try to skip it if you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

8. Post #3208
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,097 Posts
    Believe me when I say skipping the AMX 40 was SO worth it (and most of the 12t too)

9. Post #3209
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,643 Posts
    Is there a point with the upgraded turret on the KV? It looks worse in every aspect until you can get the good guns, should I just use the stock turret till then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #3210
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,698 Posts
    For EU players
    Hello fellow tankers!
    Just in case you didn't notice: the 4th February special is not only for 5x XP, but mostly for 50% price reduction on consumables.

Quick math:

You have saved 2 000 000 credits.
    You buy: 550 x repair kit, 550 x med kit, 100 x fire extinguisher.
    Normally you would spend 3 600 000 credits. With 50% off it is 1 800 000.

So You've just earned 1 800 000 credits in future profits (taking an assumption that you will fight next 800-900 battles of course) ;-)
    Save lots of dosh in the long term. Stockpile now.

Edited:

Just bought 300 repair kits, 300 first aid kits, 300 fire extinguishers and 200 high octane gasolines (for my 2801 + chaffee)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #3211
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,643 Posts
    Anyone up for a KV platoon on eu?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

12. Post #3212
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,928 Posts
    You know what I hate? Being a scout or fast tank - one enemy left, I go to assault/ram him/put it in his pooper. And then I die horribly. Why?

Because our 1-3 fucking artillery can't realize that they don't need to blindly shoot every god damn target that's lit up; and instead, let the people with some balls do their work. I'm fine when artillery's hounding on a big tank that's giving us trouble - but I get pretty butt-furiated when there's a easy kill target to my front, huge horde of heavies to my sides; and all the artillery rains down on the one stupid Wolverine instead of the KV-5 rolling towards base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #3213
    March 2011
    4,933 Posts
    You know what I hate? Being a scout or fast tank - one enemy left, I go to assault/ram him/put it in his pooper. And then I die horribly. Why?

Because our 1-3 fucking artillery can't realize that they don't need to blindly shoot every god damn target that's lit up; and instead, let the people with some balls do their work. I'm fine when artillery's hounding on a big tank that's giving us trouble - but I get pretty butt-furiated when there's a easy kill target to my front, huge horde of heavies to my sides; and all the artillery rains down on the one stupid Wolverine instead of the KV-5 rolling towards base.
    Even worse is when you park behind an enemy artillery or TD with no enemies in sight and then the artillery teamkills you, and misses the enemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #3214
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,285 Posts
    Well fuck:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #3215
    March 2011
    4,933 Posts
    Well, good news is that I am about 32,000xp short of the T34.

Bad news is I might have to sell my panther 2 and T32 to get it, as I am 3,000,000 credits short.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #3216
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Well fuck:
    And you have no HE. Time to curl up in the corner and prepare for the ravaging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #3217
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    Had a nice matchmaking in my IS. Was top tier, enemy top tier was a T29.

Eventually I get a clear shot on a T29, I fire and the round hits the fucking ground. I fire again, and it hits the same spot again.
    Fucking invisible grounds...

I died to the T29 when he was at 30%. If I hit those two rounds, he'd be dead...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3218
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,097 Posts
    I enjoy my Short 88 Tiger when I can play. I'd probably have the Long 88 by now, but WoT keeps crashing.

But yeah, it's nice. I end up in tier 8 / 7 max matches for the most part and it's glorious

19. Post #3219
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,643 Posts
    Even worse is when you park behind an enemy artillery or TD with no enemies in sight and then the artillery teamkills you, and misses the enemy.
    Since we're sharing arty horror stories, once me(t28), another t28, and a t50 had one of the higher tier TD's locking in, slowly killing him, then our arty sees him, hello 4 HE shots directly ontop of us, somehow not killing him, and killing all three of us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #3220
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,698 Posts
    http://worldoftanks.eu/news/1382-big-quiz-results/

Wargayming is very consistent. First they crack down on everything Wittmann, forcing players to change their names if they have that, and then they put this guy as one of the quiz winners

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

21. Post #3221
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,285 Posts
    I'm trying to get research points for my Pz38Na but I keep being placed against Jagdtigers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #3222
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,928 Posts
    I'm trying to get research points for my Pz38Na but I keep being placed against Jagdtigers
    The game seems to love considering it a tier 4 scout for some reason. I see it in place of T-50s and I just can't comprehend why. Yeah, it's a light; but it's not super fast and it doesn't turn super well. I usually feel really sorry for 38nAs - it was one of my worst German grinds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #3223
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,083 Posts
    It's not super fast? My Lorraine outran it with the second upgraded engine (and manages to get better matchmaking while having literally 200 times more firepower and agility)

24. Post #3224
    April 2008
    163 Posts
    Man, Wargaming won't let me change my email account linked to my Wargaming account, looks like I won't be getting any fucking WoWP beta keys, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #3225
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    The 38nA made me quit WoT for a bit

26. Post #3226
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,643 Posts

WhatIfeellikemycannoniswhenImeetanISinmyKV.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #3227
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,965 Posts
    Hahaha, this guy thought I was hacking.
    The reason? I bounced his Type 59 shots in my E-50.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 6 (list)

28. Post #3228
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,048 Posts
    Anyone know if you need the turret for the 90 mm on the slugger?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3229
    January 2009
    21,084 Posts
    I love how the kids imagine you could use hacks to make your armor stronger or to make your gun shoot faster.

Client-server hierarchy with all the determinant functionality being server-side is probably an alien concept to them.

Edited:

In other news I bought 200 repair kits and 100 medkits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #3230
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,698 Posts
    Anyone know if you need the turret for the 90 mm on the slugger?
    Can mount 90mm on stock turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #3231
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,464 Posts
    Counter artying someone and one shotting them is the best felling ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #3232
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,928 Posts
    Can mount 90mm on stock turret.
    Orkel, you're the tank man. Why is it that the 90mm doesn't get a muzzle brake on the stock turret; but it magically gains one with the slightly armored one?

33. Post #3233
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    So I have a Pz3/4.
    Any tips on playstyles and module picks?

34. Post #3234
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,464 Posts
    How can you find a replay?

35. Post #3235
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    185 Posts
    So I have a Pz3/4.
    Any tips on playstyles and module picks?
    Room your tier: Snipe/brawl as desired, well balanced tank for either roll imo.
    MM shits on you: Wait until something is distracted and then get behind it, pray for crits on the engine.
    Modules: Don't bother buying them till tier 7-8 unless you have gold to transfer them.

36. Post #3236
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,097 Posts
    Sweet jesus is it just me or is the ping on NA server 5x than what it normally is

37. Post #3237
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,643 Posts
    Kinda wish that american tank with the shit ton of tubes ontop was in the game as an spg

Edited:

For T50's to ramp off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

38. Post #3238
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Sweet jesus is it just me or is the ping on NA server 5x than what it normally is
    I get lagspikes that last for a few seconds every 20 minutes or so, just always assumed it was the servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #3239
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    22,929 Posts
    I've been noticing it too, NA's ping was acting up for me the last few days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #3240
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    Room your tier: Snipe/brawl as desired, well balanced tank for either roll imo.
    MM shits on you: Wait until something is distracted and then get behind it, pray for crits on the engine.
    Modules: Don't bother buying them till tier 7-8 unless you have gold to transfer them.
    With modules I mean the actual modules on the tank, not the extremely expensive upgrades.