1. Post #6641
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Smaller or bigger?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6642
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    647 Posts
    Can't tell if its becoming smaller or larger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #6643
    November 2009
    1,812 Posts
    That's why you watch where your teammates are and communicate with them, and for the love of god don't fire when you see a medium tank about to enter into orbit around that 32% health IS.Wrong, artillery is to accurate as it already is and WG even admits it, artillery should serve the area of denial role but not the tank hunter role like it currently does.Neither is getting lit on fire and both tracks destroyed along with getting your gunner and driver killed by one round from a guy sitting in a bush behind a hill back at the enemy base.
    It might be just me, but I'm on a tier 3, and actually landing a hit is more a by chance thing, unless they are just sitting there.I usually fire well before it hits anyway, most of my shots are in the 600-800 meter range, and half the tanks I do hit just seem to take it as a graze. and area of denial? anywhere under 300 meters and Arty's are sitting ducks made of paper mache, nearly always put into matches well above their tier, I'm usually facing tier 7/8s with my Wespe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6644
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    647 Posts
    anywhere under 300 meters and Arty's are sitting ducks made of paper mache, nearly always put into matches well above their tier, I'm usually facing tier 7/8s with my Wespe
    There is a really good reason for that, play a normal tank and you might just find out why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #6645
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    It might be just me, but I'm on a tier 3, and actually landing a hit is more a by chance thing, unless they are just sitting there.I usually fire well before it hits anyway, most of my shots are in the 600-800 meter range, and half the tanks I do hit just seem to take it as a graze. and area of denial? anywhere under 300 meters and Arty's are sitting ducks made of paper mache, nearly always put into matches well above their tier, I'm usually facing tier 7/8s with my Wespe
    So you've not progressed past tier 4?

Opinion invalidated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #6646
    November 2009
    1,812 Posts
    There is a really good reason for that, play a normal tank and you might just find out why.
    Amazingly enough, I do have normal tanks, I just find that the SPGs could use a tad more improvement, but again, this is all just my opinion which it does seem I am not entitled to.And I haven't had the time to grind or get very far in the tiers in WOT, Leaving Cert takes far higher priority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #6647
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    20,673 Posts
    T54 also getting size change in 7.2

I hope they aren't making it smaller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #6648
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    You're kidding me...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #6649
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,963 Posts
    for the most part all it looks like they've done is shrunk the already-impenetrable turret a bit though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #6650
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,453 Posts
    Smaller or bigger?
    Smaller. The red "do" means "to"

Did you really think they'd nerf a russian tank's size?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #6651
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I just find that the SPGs could use a tad more improvement.
    Better arty?..... Again?

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #6652
    November 2009
    1,812 Posts
    SPGs aside, a proposed adjustment for french tanks:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #6653
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Smaller. The red "do" means "to"

Did you really think they'd nerf a russian tank's size?
    No... I guess not. I knew already deep down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #6654
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,963 Posts
    and the new turret size makes it kinda sexier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #6655
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,596 Posts
    The problem is that the T8 premiums they've added are all good at one thing - Stomping tanks smaller than them.

The lowe gets something like 230 pen and good accuracy and when they were big I was ALWAYS getting them in my IS which was a complete bitch.
    The type 59 has stupid frontal armor and the medium maneuverability and speed to always point it towards the enemy. Regularly bounces shells with 200 pen - The hull of a fucking T8 medium.
    Even the KV-5's R2D2 regularly bounces shots from my 105, although that seems to be a problem exclusive to the 105 (BOUNCE EVERYTHING ONCE - GUARANTEED), but if you compare its frontal armor... It has a stupidly lot of it. Impossible to hit the R2D2 at range and at that point any gun that isn't a tier 9 heavy's best upgrade will bounce it.
    Lowe has literal paper armor. In my IS, I was smacking them for 400+ from lower glacis and sides, no problem. Most Lowe drivers are idiots too, thinking it's a heavy tank and not a sniper role.

KV-5 has a 107mm gun. Yeah. 167mm of penetration or so, although the 300 damage is nice. That's really sub-par for how huge of a tank it is. It can't snipe well, but what it does do is act as a great breakthrough tank if people don't nail the treads. R2D2 turret is only a liability at close range or and idle (stupid) driver.

Type 59 has... what? A slightly bad gun? Really? When it gets thrown against tier Vs sometimes, 230 damage and 175mm pen is amazing. It's frontal armor literally has no weak spots and is so mystically sloped that it's really not even wise to bother unless you have well over 200mm penetration. So yeah, you can track them. Most owners have a repair kit on the ready anyways. The Type made my Slugger grind an absolutely horrible experience because they'd often show up in a tier VI match and I'd have no way to deal with them unless I was on the other side of the map and pegging their side armor.

Of all the premiums, Type 59 seems to be the only one to actually reward players for being stupid and rushing in. The way it's armor loves to work, I've seen some players literally just drive it down a heavily guarded path, get an "easy-kill" or three and die. If you do that in a Lowe, you'll get penned by everything in the glacis and side, not to mention huge frontal engine damage. KV-5 will do great until you stop and every fucking thing under the sun blows up your entire tank through that singular weak spot (which literally has less armor than the ass). So yeah. I hate Type 59s. The only time they're not a huge fucking pain in the side is when I'm rolling in other tier VIIIs. Which is rare. And even then, I hate seeing them and their tier IX (acting) armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #6656
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Fucking KV-1S with the short 122 HE gun knocks out my driver and loader with one shot, then my gun with the next one...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #6657
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    T54 also getting size change in 7.2

What the fuck my 54 is getting bigger? I'm mad.

Edit: Oops i didnt read past the post. yay smaller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

18. Post #6658
    January 2009
    20,673 Posts
    I want to point out KV-5s 107mm has shitty penetration, but 2400DPM. That's only 50DPM less than IS-7 and more than for example Maus and 128mm E-100 and MUCH more than any other T8 heavy.

Sure, you can't utilize that at long range, and you need either a lot of luck, or badly armored targets. One thing KV-5 simply dominates at is facing lower tier mediums. It's armor is often enough to make them incapable of penetrating at all so it can simply rummage through whole group of them, while shooting them to death.

KV-5 can easily take on 4 tier 6 mediums and emerge victorious. Lowe would get set on fire, eat shit, and die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #6659
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,453 Posts
    Fucking KV-1S with the short 122 HE gun knocks out my driver and loader with one shot, then my gun with the next one...
    And if the 122 does that, think how much crits the 152 does.

And that's why crit viewing is so satisfying.

Edited:

On a related note, blasted a Churchill that was shooting at me, and he suddenly stopped shooting. His gun, gunner and loader were gone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

20. Post #6660
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I want to point out KV-5s 107mm has shitty penetration, but 2400DPM. That's only 50DPM less than IS-7 and more than for example Maus and 128mm E-100 and MUCH more than any other T8 heavy.

Sure, you can't utilize that at long range, and you need either a lot of luck, or badly armored targets. One thing KV-5 simply dominates at is facing lower tier mediums. It's armor is often enough to make them incapable of penetrating at all so it can simply rummage through whole group of them, while shooting them to death.

KV-5 can easily take on 4 tier 6 mediums and emerge victorious. Lowe would get set on fire, eat shit, and die.

I would just like to point out that the jadpanzer IV has a DPM of 2640 with the short 88
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #6661
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,453 Posts
    I would just like to point out that the jadpanzer IV has a DPM of 2640 with the short 88
    In reality it's only a fraction of that because most of the shots ding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #6662
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    So exactly like the KV-5?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #6663
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    Re bought my KV just so i could use the 152 you guys are in love with..

Sorry i ever doubted you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

24. Post #6664
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,741 Posts
    So exactly like the KV-5?
    Except the KV-5 makes up for this shortcoming by being a Battering Ram powered by dual fusion Reactors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #6665
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,725 Posts
    And the Jagdpanzer IV is made of luke warm butter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #6666
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,453 Posts
    New maps.

Arizona (most likely to be renamed South America)

http://wot-news.com/main/post/10152011/1

Kansas

http://wot-news.com/main/post/10212011/1

Airport (we have already seen this, but these are new screens)

http://wot-news.com/main/post/11252011/1

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #6667
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,725 Posts
    Nice, these maps are not nearly as flat as I feared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

28. Post #6668
    January 2009
    20,673 Posts

That thing has 132 penetration. ZiS-8 has 167. Not exactly shining, but can penetrate all tanks but Maus at least from sides, and can as well reliably penetrate all sub tier9 mediums (except chinese hax), while JpzIV struggles to penetrate a Tiger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

29. Post #6669
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    Arizona has a jungle i guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6670
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,345 Posts
    From what my friend tells me Arizona only has deserts, scorpions, and racist old people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #6671
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,435 Posts
    It pisses me off when your guns can't hit the broadside of a barn, but somehow the enemy guns are able to hit the smallest possible part of you poking out of a wisecave. DIICEEROOOOLLLSSSSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #6672
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    My KV3 will hit a womp rat at 500 meters when its like a tier 4 or something.

but god knows if the side of a King Tiger is showing, my gunner becomes a retard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #6673
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,453 Posts
    Me in my 80 health KV. And enemy IS at 60% health comes around a corner to kill me. Before he manages to fire, I blast him with the 152, take him down to 30%, destroy his gun, tracks and optics, and he sits there helpless aiming at me while a friendly jagdpanther finishes him off with two shots in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #6674
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,435 Posts
    I had a game yesterday in my 152 KV. I literally could have killed about 5 people if my gun decided to hit, but nooooo, the piece of shit decides to aim higher than it actually is and miss every target every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #6675
    August 2010
    529 Posts

Finally got IS researched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #6676
    I disagree, the amount of times I fire and some idiot rushes the tank I just fired at only to get hit by my round is just annoying, and considering there's fuck all splash, they reallly do have to try to be hit by my rounds is not fair, it's hard enough to actually hit targets as it is
    Word of the wise, don't fire at enemy tanks if theres a medium rushing at them? There is NO excuse for hitting a friendly as an artillery, you have a superior view of the battlefield than everyone else. An M7 priest made the same excuse when a friendly panther II was about to ram an IS at 75 health to death, the priest fired and the shell hit the panther and the IS got away because the Priest wanted the kill so bad. I drove all the way back from the enemy base to kill the Priest, no excuse.
    EDIT:
    I just find that the SPGs could use a tad more improvement
    you're adorable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #6677
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,643 Posts
    That won't last long.
    I know but it's still an enjoyable tank.

Edited:

I disagree, the amount of times I fire and some idiot rushes the tank I just fired at only to get hit by my round is just annoying, and considering there's fuck all splash, they reallly do have to try to be hit by my rounds is not fair, it's hard enough to actually hit targets as it is
    the fuck you doing shooting at targets that are close enough to be dealt with by your team?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #6678
    October 2007
    1,999 Posts

Finally got IS researched.
    You need a new image host.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #6679
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,270 Posts
    Got the Tiger(P) yesterday it's pretty nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #6680
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    I just saw an SU-152 use AP with the 152.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)