1. Post #6201
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,465 Posts
    You could easily have won that if you aimed at weakspots like the cupola instead of plinking at the gun mantlet or upper front glacis.
    I never took the time to tank-nerd every single tank's weaknesses and I have terrible luck hitting cupolas, often just bouncing off of THEM as well if I don't miss them entirely, so I just had a little fun with him, game was lost anyway. Even if I killed him his 2 remaining friends would've torn me a new ass-hole. Mostly I just found it funny that he was dinging ME just as bad despite having that R2D2 staring him in the face the whole time.
    I just kind of wonder what the deal with that IS was, he must've been out of ammo or something 'cause he didn't take a shot at me during our little song-and-dance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #6202
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,057 Posts
    I never took the time to tank-nerd every single tank's weaknesses and I have terrible luck hitting cupolas, often just bouncing off of THEM as well if I don't miss them entirely, so I just had a little fun with him, game was lost anyway. Even if I killed him his 2 remaining friends would've torn me a new ass-hole. Mostly I just found it funny that he was dinging ME just as bad despite having that R2D2 staring him in the face the whole time.
    I just kind of wonder what the deal with that IS was, he must've been out of ammo or something 'cause he didn't take a shot at me during our little song-and-dance.

>learn the bleedin' obvious
    >tank nerd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #6203
    April 2008
    163 Posts
    Most damage ever done with a ram?

Killed a T-34-85 from about 60% in my battlebus (lorraine 40t), can't remember what actual value that was

Edit: I always aim for the lower hull on the KT, always seems to pen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #6204
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Stock T32 hooray

Please help me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #6205
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,713 Posts
    >learn the bleedin' obvious
    >tank nerd
    >implying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #6206

Killed a T-34-85 from about 60% in my battlebus (lorraine 40t), can't remember what actual value that was

same with E-75
    upper hull is made out of diamond
    lower hull is made out of wet cardboard and kitten fur

actually infuriating, not sure why it's so damned weak

7. Post #6207
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    627 Posts
    I've never been able to penetrate the E-75 lower glacis, it's really annoying.

8. Post #6208
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,317 Posts
    I've taken out a pz4 with it.
    Pretty sure the T2 light can't penetrate the Pz4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #6209
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,261 Posts
    Pretty sure the T2 light can't penetrate the Pz4.
    T2 lights gun has 30mm of penetration, the rear armour of a PzIV is 20mm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #6210
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,198 Posts
    I can't say I would be happy with the 100mm on Lorraine. While the 50 second cylinder reload is the smallest concern, the change from 2,5s to 3s refire rate is rather painful. Obviously the biggest problem is the fact each 300dmg shot costs goddamn 1030 credits instead of 255 credits for the 240dmg one.

The long 90mm is 1,06 credits per point of damage, while the 100mm is 3,43 credits for point of damage. This means that when you consider the money you get from the damage done, 100mm is still 3,3 times more expensive to shoot than the 90mm.

I think I will stick to the 90mm, giving the 100mm a go occasionally, but so far it sorta disappointed me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

11. Post #6211
    March 2011
    4,963 Posts
    the rear armour of a PzIV is 20mm.
    Something I loved to take advantage of in my M5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #6212
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,317 Posts
    Bought a Churchill. Lets hope it makes me a lot of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #6213
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,001 Posts

Most I ever seem to do is about 300-350 to Type 59s when I ram them with my KV-5. KV-5 makes a surprisingly good rammer on some maps. I'm scared to think what would happen if I hit a French tank.

14. Post #6214
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,899 Posts
    Most I ever seem to do is about 300-350 to Type 59s when I ram them with my KV-5. KV-5 makes a surprisingly good rammer on some maps. I'm scared to think what would happen if I hit a French tank.
    Get Ramming Master on it and annihilate everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

15. Post #6215
    January 2009
    21,198 Posts
    What are you talking about?

KV-5 is amazing rammer both on paper and in practice, too. The best one, I dare to say.

Today I rammed an IS-4 to death in mine.

Edited:

If you see a KV-5 heading downhill, hide your wife, hide your children, hide your mother, because if that russian beast collides with another tank, the very fabric of space and time gets torn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #6216
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    Stock T32 hooray

Please help me
    YOU'RE A PERSHING T32!

17. Post #6217
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    627 Posts
    Finally, E-75 get.

Also

18. Post #6218
    November 2010
    5,734 Posts
    What's wrong with this one? PzIV with a 105 is perfectly valid if you had it researched from the Hetzer
    earlier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

19. Post #6219
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,467 Posts
    I have battle recordings on, how do i go watch tem

20. Post #6220
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,261 Posts
    I have battle recordings on, how do i go watch tem
    Go to the replays folder in your WoT directory, find the replay you want to see and double click it.

Edited:

Bought a Churchill. Lets hope it makes me a lot of money.
    It won't. Churchill is great fun but its just average as money maker, 47k is my record atm. KV probably earns more. Churchill if a really great XP farmer though, i've had 3 rounds above 2k xp already, with an average of almost 1k xp per battle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #6221
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,001 Posts
    What are you talking about?

KV-5 is amazing rammer both on paper and in practice, too. The best one, I dare to say.

Today I rammed an IS-4 to death in mine.
    I didn't mean anything bad against it, I love mine for that fact. On Himmelsdorf, I usually go up the hill just so that I can annihilate some poor motherfucker who hasn't made it up his side yet.

22. Post #6222
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,261 Posts
    These two legends where the top tier tanks in my team when i tried playing the Jagdpanzer IV.

Looks like they installed WoT at some of the care facilities for the mentally retarded. Needless to say we got raped very hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

23. Post #6223
    November 2010
    5,539 Posts
    What's the most damage you ever did with a single ram?
    I got rammed by an E-50 in my AMX 13/90, he was going down a hill and I was trying to go up at ~20 kph.

I lost 900 HP :froggonk:

I also rammed a Pz IV with 230 HP in my Lorraine (I had 220 HP), we both died for some reason.

24. Post #6224
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    655 Posts
    So guys, what skill should i start training for my US meds crew, was thinking about doing camo first then repairs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

25. Post #6225
    January 2009
    21,198 Posts
    So guys, what skill should i start training for my US meds crew, was thinking about doing camo first then repairs.
    Repairs first then camo. USA meds are easy as hell to track and not really stealthy imo. Also, you won't reach 100% before the skill patch comes, and while camo wouldn't begin working until then, repair will help you as you train it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #6226
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    7,778 Posts
    Having difficulty getting OTM to work for 7.1.1.

27. Post #6227
    January 2009
    21,198 Posts
    Having difficulty getting OTM to work for 7.1.1.
    Slap the whole /gui/ containing /flash/whatever.swf into the 7.1.1 folder in the res_mods

28. Post #6228
    April 2010
    7,778 Posts
    is it just res_mods/7.1.1/gui/flash/?

29. Post #6229
    January 2009
    21,198 Posts
    yes.

30. Post #6230
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    627 Posts
    I love this Ferdinand, so close to the 128.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #6231
    March 2011
    4,963 Posts

Glad to see that they rewarded this guys work. He won the design a German tank contest and got 25000 gold.

This was number two

TD version of an E-75
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #6232
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,920 Posts

Glad to see that they rewarded this guys work. He won the design a German tank contest and got 25000 gold.

This was number two

They actually chose good designs? Wow...
    I like the first one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #6233
    March 2011
    4,963 Posts
    They actually chose good designs? Wow...
    I like the first one.
    Looked for the post of the guy who won it, found these other pictures as well. There is also a text document on the page.

The guy totally deserves it

Link to the page it is on

Why haven't they hired this guy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #6234
    April 2010
    7,778 Posts
    Thanks.

35. Post #6235
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,428 Posts
    German LVT-4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #6236
    March 2011
    4,963 Posts
    German LVT-4
    He does admit that he took a few ideas from it.

Here is his background story for the vehicle (short exert from the text)

The SchwimmPanzer IV (S.Pz. IV) Sd Kfz 161/s, or “Kröte”, was a specialized adaptation made of the Panzer IV with the purpose of facilitating Operation Sea lion, the German plan to invade the British mainland. Conceived in late 1940, development was terminated in early 1942 with the cancelation of the invasion.
    Its a four page document.

37. Post #6237
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,039 Posts
    Again, I don't know the armor formula, but this clearly makes E-50 one of the best rammers in the game, unless THE best rammer. KV-5 has 170 front armor contra it's 120 but while having almost third less kinetic energy, so I really don't know what's actually better.
    In terms of anecdotal evidence, one of my friends saw an E-50 ram an E-75 to death when they were both at around 450~ health, so yes I'd say it's a pretty damn good rammer.

In other news, the WoT forums are currently raging about the T34's nerfs on the test server, and Russian bias and all that shit. I'm curious if anyone else here has tried it and had any thoughts on it, cause I just drove it and it still seems like a god damn rape machine to me. It's like a T29 with a slower turret mounted with a super cannon - when its loaded with gold shells it fires little bits of hades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events

38. Post #6238
    January 2009
    21,198 Posts
    Looked for the post of the guy who won it, found these other pictures as well. There is also a text document on the page.

The guy totally deserves it

Link to the page it is on

Why haven't they hired this guy?
    This is pretty sicknasty.

And bonus points for not being

"BAZZILION MILLIMETERS OF ARMOR ON ALL SIDES, E-9001, 42 200mm guns, THREE WARPDRIVES"

but actually a modest yet clever design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #6239
    February 2012
    187 Posts
    World of Tanks: A Loltraktor story
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

40. Post #6240
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,613 Posts
    It looks weird, yet sexy and awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)