1. Post #6561
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,090 Posts
    So aside from the gun depression, what advantages DOES the T32 have over the IS3?

I still don't get it. It doesn't have the confusing upper side armor that I've bounced 120mm shells off of, the turret armor is pretty much on par (T32 has raw metal while the IS-3 has dingtastic angles), and they both have around the same hull armor. The extra 25 penetration in the BL-9 has saved my butt against Tier 10s numerous times (Penetrating IS-7s / 4s from every angle) so I don't really see much in the T32.

The only disadvantages I see in the IS-3 are the horrible turn rate, gun depression, and lower glacis of the IS-3 - all disadvantages that can be worked with due to the fact that the IS-3 has the profile of a mobile pancake.
    T32 has significantly better turret than IS-3.

I frontally penetrate IS-3s turret in my KV-5 reliably (the TOP of it). No way I penetrate any part of T32.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

2. Post #6562
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    I reliably penetrated the T32 front hull with the 122. Mostly on the KV-1S, though, but the IS-3 has an even better gun, so it should be able to rip straight through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #6563
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,103 Posts
    I know, you dolt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #6564
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I know, you dolt.
    I know you know, you saucepan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #6565
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    626 Posts
    Just did the spinning glitch with an IS-7 in my Ferdinand and managed to flip both of us opposite ways so I got out of there and turned around and killed him. This is the second time this has happened, I really need to have the battle replayer on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #6566
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    Snip , wrong thread.

7. Post #6567
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    I think the Large calibre rammer is better. Also, get the upgraded turret, it's much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #6568
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,959 Posts
    I reliably penetrated the T32 front hull with the 122. Mostly on the KV-1S, though, but the IS-3 has an even better gun, so it should be able to rip straight through.
    I'm reasonably sure this should be impossible, at least post-armor normalization patch, the T32 has about 188mm of frontal LOS armor, making it pretty hard to pen with the D-25T/D-2-5T.

Also trust me, in a one on one, the T32 driven by a half competent driver should rip an IS-3 to shreds. I've played both the IS-3 and the T32, and I do far better, and have far more fun with the T32 than I ever did in the IS-3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events

9. Post #6569
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,451 Posts
    So I went and did the calculations for thread on the WOT forums.

The kinetic energy contained in a full speed KV-5 is the same amount of energy released by 3.3 lbs of TNT detonating

Thats a lot of ramming power
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #6570
    November 2010
    240 Posts
    I wonder whether they're gonna limit the top speed of the M18 once it comes out.

If they don't, it'll be one hell of a race car with it's top speed of 60mph.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

11. Post #6571
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts
    I wonder whether they're gonna limit the top speed of the M18 once it comes out.

The game's engine is capped at 72 kph (which is fucking bullshit) so it doesn't go over that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #6572

the top speed for the games engine is 72km/h. Thats roughly 44mph I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #6573
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    To be fair, I don't think the hellcat would ever reach those theoretical speeds in a combat situation and off road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #6574
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts
    To be fair, I don't think the hellcat would ever reach those theoretical speeds in a combat situation and off road.
    Neither would the IS-7 but I don't see anyone complaining about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 6 (list)

15. Post #6575
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Neither would the IS-7 but I don't see anyone complaining about it
    Neither would most tanks I would imagine.

But this is sports tanks arcade edition anyway.

16. Post #6576
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    Crit viewing skill also shows them on friendly tanks. Pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #6577
    November 2010
    240 Posts
    Well yeah, true. But it sure would be fun to play with once/if they release physics, knowing how lightly armoured american TDs are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #6578
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Tried a few games, 1 win the rest were losses due to incredibly idiot morons on my team. As always.

This game is going to get uninstalled from my PC if matchmaking 2.0 is crap. I was top tier in a panther II yet the enemy had an IS-3 and a VK4502A
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

19. Post #6579
    October 2008
    2,399 Posts
    So aside from the gun depression, what advantages DOES the T32 have over the IS3?

I still don't get it. It doesn't have the confusing upper side armor that I've bounced 120mm shells off of, the turret armor is pretty much on par (T32 has raw metal while the IS-3 has dingtastic angles), and they both have around the same hull armor. The extra 25 penetration in the BL-9 has saved my butt against Tier 10s numerous times (Penetrating IS-7s / 4s from every angle) so I don't really see much in the T32.

The only disadvantages I see in the IS-3 are the horrible turn rate, gun depression, and lower glacis of the IS-3 - all disadvantages that can be worked with due to the fact that the IS-3 has the profile of a mobile pancake.
    The IS-3 has to rely on slopes for it's armor, which are less reliable (bounces are a lot more random rather than guaranteed) than straight up armor of the T32. To put it more simply, the T32 is the only tank I've ever had a 152 HE round bounce off of.

Besides, the IS-3's ammo rack is like directly behind the weak part of the lower hull every shoots (or at least it seems to be), the top of the turret has the same issue the T29/34/30 have in that the turret top slopes upwards, and has no armor, making it a weak spot (if hard to hit at range).

With regards to side armor, both tanks have somewhat poor side armor but the T32 has more covered in tracks, and has an odd tendency to bounce all sorts of stuff.

As to the guns, I remember the T32's gun being more accurate (which, if I remember right, the game says they have the same accuracy so I don't know), but I don't really recall having much of a problem with tier 9's with either the T32 or the IS-3.

Personally, I recall enjoying the T32 at lot more than the IS-3, but that was a long time ago, so plenty might have changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #6580
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts
    To put it more simply, the T32 is the only tank I've ever had a 152 HE round bounce off of.
    I had a 152mm HE round dinging off my T29's mantlet

and it was coming from a SU-8.

It was my biggest "what the fuck just happened" moment in this game.

21. Post #6581
    T5 matchmaking is trash when you're not in a KV. I was top tier on my team as a PZIV with a church hill and a M4. Enemy team had 3 KV-2's with 107's. match didn't last 3 minutes before the majority were slaughtered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #6582
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    924 Posts
    The IS-3 has to rely on slopes for it's armor, which are less reliable (bounces are a lot more random rather than guaranteed) than straight up armor of the T32. To put it more simply, the T32 is the only tank I've ever had a 152 HE round bounce off of.

Besides, the IS-3's ammo rack is like directly behind the weak part of the lower hull every shoots (or at least it seems to be), the top of the turret has the same issue the T29/34/30 have in that the turret top slopes upwards, and has no armor, making it a weak spot (if hard to hit at range).

With regards to side armor, both tanks have somewhat poor side armor but the T32 has more covered in tracks, and has an odd tendency to bounce all sorts of stuff.

As to the guns, I remember the T32's gun being more accurate (which, if I remember right, the game says they have the same accuracy so I don't know), but I don't really recall having much of a problem with tier 9's with either the T32 or the IS-3.

Personally, I recall enjoying the T32 at lot more than the IS-3, but that was a long time ago, so plenty might have changed.
    I've had people penetrate the top of the turret often, but I try to avoid facehugging the biggest tanks that have an easy time of doing this. With the improved turret, a lot of hits from most other tanks simply bounce. The spaced armour on the side is pretty good, if it gets hit parallel, from the front or rear, the hit wont do any damage.

The armour slopes on the front are good but you have to face your target head on lest you give them a better shot on either side of the prow. I always have to goof around getting the tank into a good spot to face headon so they don't hit the side of the prow that faces them. I have no troubles with T32s in my IS-3, I either rarely find them hull-downing or I manage to get them at close range or from the flanks.

With the BL-9 the IS-3 is fantasically and exponentially more fun that it was before with the old 122 guns. Like all big guns, it seems to have ground-seeking rounds enabled and I miss unfortunate shots that should hit but the 225 (226?) penetration on par with other high end guns makes up for it.

23. Post #6583
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,931 Posts
    T5 matchmaking is trash when you're not in a KV. I was top tier on my team as a PZIV with a church hill and a M4. Enemy team had 3 KV-2's with 107's. match didn't last 3 minutes before the majority were slaughtered.
    Had a similar round with four KVs v one KV, two M4s and a PzIV.

Did I mention how our KV was stock gun in the KV-2 turret? And how theirs were platooned groups with two 152mm and two 107mms. Yeah. Didn't last.

24. Post #6584
    March 2011
    4,933 Posts
    To put it more simply, the T32 is the only tank I've ever had a 152 HE round bounce off of.
    Rear armor of my Chaffee, truly my biggest WTF moment ever

25. Post #6585
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #6586
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I wish I had replay enabled when I got my Kolobanov medal in my KV2 :C

27. Post #6587
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    Bought Leopard on the test server for nostalgia.

First match in it I get campinovka, by just bushscouting I got 2k exp (without the 10x) and 31k credits (thanks to the +40% income buff, it would have been just 22k creds in 7.1).

It might be a viable credit grinder along with the PzIII in 7.2.

Edited:

PzIII probably better, because the matchmaking is way fairer and it has better guns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

28. Post #6588
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts
    Those matches were you take on 4 IS-4s pretty much alone as an IS-7 and take no damage is why I keep playing the damn tank. T10s need to be more rewarding, but that was good enough.

29. Post #6589
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,451 Posts
    20k away from the Lorraine and I run out of premium

:c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #6590
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    3k exp KV round on the test server, without the 10x. If that had happened on the real server it would have been my second highest exp ever achieved (the 2801 still holds my record)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #6591
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    Damn, I wish we had the replay when it was me versus 6 other tanks on Ruinberg in my T28. Kicked ass and killed them all. A angled T28 bounces everything T8 and down. Lowe's are pretty much the only thing able to penetrate it reliably and that is when it isn't angled. I sure miss my T28. Might buy it again since it was unstoppable in a T8 match.

Edited:

3k exp KV round on the test server, without the 10x. If that had happened on the real server it would have been my second highest exp ever achieved (the 2801 still holds my record)
    My highest experience ever achieved still beats yours

32. Post #6592
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,701 Posts
    Damn, I wish we had the replay when it was me versus 6 other tanks on Ruinberg in my T28. Kicked ass and killed them all. A angled T28 bounces everything T8 and down. Lowe's are pretty much the only thing able to penetrate it reliably and that is when it isn't angled. I sure miss my T28. Might buy it again since it was unstoppable in a T8 match.

Edited:

My highest experience ever achieved still beats yours
    How much? :o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

33. Post #6593
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    How much? :o
    3,024. I beat you by 15 experience. Woop. Does that make me the Facepuncher with the highest achieved experience?

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/acc...352-minicunga/

34. Post #6594
    March 2011
    4,933 Posts
    3,024. I beat you by 15 experience. Woop. Does that make me the Facepuncher with the highest achieved experience?

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/acc...352-minicunga/
    Is that with or without premium?

35. Post #6595
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    Is that with or without premium?
    With premium on my Patton. I f I didn't have premium it would've of been 4.5k which I don't think any ones ever had.

Killed 9 enemies 3 being T10s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #6596
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,055 Posts
    snip

37. Post #6597
    March 2011
    4,933 Posts
    With premium on my Patton. I f I didn't have premium it would've of been 4.5k which I don't think any ones ever had.

My highest was 2,167 in my chaffee without premium. With the 50% bonus....

3,250.5 xp

38. Post #6598
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts
    My highest was 2,167 in my chaffee without premium. With the 50% bonus....

3,250.5 xp
    Orkel did his in a T5 light tank too. So... T5 light tanks OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #6599
    November 2010
    5,529 Posts

3039 XP if I had premium :smug:

40. Post #6600
    March 2010
    4,000 Posts
    I know you guys like to hate on the KV-3, but I've been having a lot of fun with it and I don't even have the 122 mm or engine yet. Averaged 575 xp (without premium) on my last 6 battles (two of which were losses).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)