1. Post #6801
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    Installed a neat damage panel mod

got 8 kills that match   

Also shows the clock time as an added bonus. And the hits/damage you've taken.

Linky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 13Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #6802
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    Found a way to decrypt/read the game files most likely.
    They're not really that hard to read, someone made mod tools to read the XMLs properly, they show the armor values and pretty much everything you need to know about the tank.

Then there's a model viewer which apparently shows the armor groups (values are in the XML file). I'm not really willing to try it because that website doesn't look reliable, someone get a VM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #6803
    Shermans were famous for lighting on fire (hence the name "Tommy Cookers")
    I was actually really disappointed at how little Shermans caught on fire when I first started playing this game. I've only ever seen 2 Shermans catch fire in the entire time I've played this game. In real life, if a German kid threw a rock at the side of a sherman it would catch on fire and ammo rack itself. How did Wargaming mess that up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #6804
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,046 Posts

got 8 kills that match   

Linky
    I'd use but god damn that's hideous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6805
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,644 Posts
    I saw a T92 run up to a tracked E-100 the other day and kill him in a single AP shot.

That shit is horrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6806
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,132 Posts
    Nope, it's 15% lower repair cost.
    Hmm.. are you positive?

Doesn't really help the way they laid out that table, confusing.

Just use + - why they had to have green,red, + and - I never know

*Edit*

Ah, they amount is green now... i could have sworn the repair was -15% in red.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

7. Post #6807
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    EU special incoming.
    Tankees,

March’s last special offer is closer than you think. With this week’s promotions you should be able to increase your arsenal significantly! The special starts on Friday, March 23rd at 6:30 CET (5:30 GMT) and ends Monday, March 26th at 6:00 CET (5:00 GMT).

Do you fancy a shining, new tank for your upcoming battle? Then enjoy 50% discount on the following tanks:
    IS
    T-34-85
    JagdPz IV
    PzKpfw VI Tiger
    T20
    M6
    ARL 44
    AMX M4 (1945)

And of course no new vehicle would be complete without some handy consumables. If you don’t want to spend too much on it, then you should prepare to strike now:
    50% discount on consumables during the special

To park your brand new tank you will need:
    50% discount on garage slots

Don't miss out on those great opportunities! Good luck on the battlefield!
    Welp, time to stock up on hundreds of repair kits/medkits/etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #6808
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,132 Posts
    That's rough. 19k holy shit.
    Yeah, I played 3 games before that and what little I won went down the shitter in that round.

19k repairs and ~15k in ammo and i only recieved 18k for the round victory...good job our team didn't lose!

9. Post #6809
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,725 Posts
    EU special incoming.

Hmm, I don't know if I should give another go at the IS. I have it researched and have an 83% crew ready for it, but the grind for the 122mm made me uninstall WoT the last time I tried because I got so angry at the matchmaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #6810
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,467 Posts
    Oh for fucks sake.

Welp, time to be unable to grind that exp I need for the IS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #6811
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,201 Posts
    The grind to the 122 wasn't hard at all...

Edited:

Then again, I did the grind on the KV-1S. Why didn't you get the 122 on your old tank?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #6812
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,212 Posts

got 8 kills that match   

Linky
    Saw that on the forums but people where saying that the panel blocks a bit of the chat window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #6813
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,201 Posts
    Great. I've been looking for ages for a mod that stops people from talking to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #6814
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,725 Posts
    The grind to the 122 wasn't hard at all...

Edited:

Then again, I did the grind on the KV-1S. Why didn't you get the 122 on your old tank?
    Because I got to the IS from the KV-13 medium tank. Do you have any advice on what to upgrade first on the IS? That would be greatly appreciated.

I have researched the radio, 100mm gun and the second turret already, so I just need the tracks, engine and 122mm gun. What should I get first?

I'll probably sell my T-34/100 to get money and garage space for the IS if I decide to try again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

15. Post #6815
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    20,707 Posts
    EU special incoming.

Hell yeah, I gonna buy the KV I have researched but didn't buy it for ages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

16. Post #6816
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    Public test #3 is out, download it via the test client launcher.

17. Post #6817
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,201 Posts
    Because I got to the IS from the KV-13 medium tank. Do you have any advice on what to upgrade first on the IS? That would be greatly appreciated.

I have researched the radio, 100mm gun and the second turret already, so I just need the tracks, engine and 122mm gun. What should I get first?

I'll probably sell my T-34/100 to get money and garage space for the IS if I decide to try again.
    Why research the 100mm? Also, see if you can mount the 122 without the tracks. If you can, then go for the 122mm. If you can't, go for the tracks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #6818
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,748 Posts
    Public test #3 is out, download it via the test client launcher.
    did they fix the fuckmothering accounts yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #6819
    March 2009
    1,208 Posts
    Just had a match on fishing bay where I went to the middle in my slugger and hoped for the best, right as I reached the first building a t-34-85 appeared with the intention to ruin my day.
    It really looked like I was fucked untill I turned around and fired one shot at him, AMMO RACKED.

Really love doing that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

20. Post #6820
    January 2009
    20,707 Posts
    I was having a pretty horribly bad luck in WoT tonight.

Then an IS-3 oneshot-ammoracked my KV-5 (it rarely even gets DAMAGED, let alone getting killed in single shot).

I think the game is very clearly telling me I shouldn't play today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

21. Post #6821
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    647 Posts
    Why research the 100mm? Also, see if you can mount the 122 without the tracks. If you can, then go for the 122mm. If you can't, go for the tracks.
    He probably means he already had the 100mm researched from the T-34-85/100.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #6822
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,132 Posts
    I was having a pretty horribly bad luck in WoT tonight.

Then an IS-3 oneshot-ammoracked my KV-5 (it rarely even gets DAMAGED, let alone getting killed in single shot).

I think the game is very clearly telling me I shouldn't play today.
    Past few months i've had the feeling I shouldn't play until 7.2 is out. I've been listening very well so far. A game here or there but those games are usually shit and just confirms I should wait

23. Post #6823
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    Prem T34 is pretty fun. It's not as good as other T8 heavies which is fine because it's a premium tank, but it has a god killer gun and can hull down easily with its impenetrable turret and great depression. It's slow though. I'm gonna buy it in the future.

Edited:

And it makes shitloads of dosh

24. Post #6824
    November 2010
    5,526 Posts
    Prem T34 is pretty fun. It's not as good as other T8 heavies which is fine because it's a premium tank, but it has a god killer gun and can hull down easily with its impenetrable turret and great depression. It's slow though. I'm gonna buy it in the future.
    How is it in Test #3?

They nerfed it pretty bad in Test #2, I hope they buffed the turret traverse at least.

Edited:

Oh god they nerfed it even more

• Turret traverse is the same (18 deg, same as the Hellcat)
    • Traverse speed is now 22 deg (was 25 in test #1 and 24 in test #2)
    • RoF got nerfed to 4 RPM (was 4.58 in test #1 and 4.18 in test #2)

Wargaaaaaaaaming :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #6825
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    How is it in Test #3?

They nerfed it pretty bad in Test #2, I hope they buffed the turret traverse at least.

Edited:

Oh god they nerfed it even more
    Just a little. It's not noticeable ingame.

26. Post #6826
    June 2008
    3,333 Posts
    First teamkill yesterday. Panzer 4 was facehugging a friendly Sherman and fucking him up. I happened to be nearby in my KV and thought "oh, I should kill the Panzer and help out." I guess I shot too close to the Sherman or something, though, because the HE splash killed the Sherman too. I felt pretty bad about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #6827
    First teamkill yesterday. Panzer 4 was facehugging a friendly Sherman and fucking him up. I happened to be nearby in my KV and thought "oh, I should kill the Panzer and help out." I guess I shot too close to the Sherman or something, though, because the HE splash killed the Sherman too. I felt pretty bad about it.
    word of the wise: Never fire HE 152's near team mates, ever. When I was in my SU-152 with the 152, I lobbed an HE at an enemy KT, the shell landed under or behind him and it took off a ton of health from him, killed an M4, and tracked a passing T-50. 152 HE's are brutal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #6828
    January 2009
    20,707 Posts
    I am probably really horrible but I feel no remose after intentional teamkills and if I unintentionally teamkill somebody, I usually laugh it off, although I apologize.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #6829
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,201 Posts
    Sometimes I kill teammates on purpose because they are giant douches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #6830
    I've lost count of the amount of friendly arty's I've killed. Too many idiots play this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #6831
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,212 Posts
    I usually try to be careful but when a retard parks his tank right in front of me while i'm fighting something i will just fire anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #6832
    June 2008
    3,333 Posts
    word of the wise: Never fire HE 152's near team mates, ever. When I was in my SU-152 with the 152, I lobbed an HE at an enemy KT, the shell landed under or behind him and it took off a ton of health from him, killed an M4, and tracked a passing T-50. 152 HE's are brutal.
    I figured that out the hard way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

33. Post #6833
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    Prem T34's gun is almost as accurate as the long 88.

0.34 (88) vs 0.35 (120) in 7.2 stats.

Playing it like a TD is the best option

34. Post #6834
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,046 Posts
    Prem T34's gun is almost as accurate as the long 88.

0.34 (88) vs 0.35 (120) in 7.2 stats.

Playing it like a TD is the best option

so it's almost like a Lowe now

35. Post #6835
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    so it's almost like a Lowe now
    It's a Lwe with less armor and a bigger gun.

36. Post #6836
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,201 Posts
    what

Ran out of credits, decided to do a single run in my IS-3, hoping not to die so I could get some credits.

I got oneshot by a rushing IS-7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #6837
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,468 Posts
    ooh haha this shit is hilarious. i took my scouting tank and rammed right into the side of a maus, and just kept pushing him in circles while an artillery shot at him.

Edited:

also apparently the valentine can take a direct heavy artillery shot and have it "bounce off"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #6838
    March 2009
    1,208 Posts
    WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO USE THE l/100 WITH THE STOCK TURRET ON THE PANTHER II?!
    This is gonna be a painful grind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

39. Post #6839
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,476 Posts
    I'm horrified at what effects the T34 is gonna have on tier 5-6 matchmaking though. There are 20844 players who have a T34 in their garage on the EU server. Once all of those turn premium.. don't ever think of having a T5-6 match in your T5-6 tank again. Add another 20844 M103s into the tier 8 pool, and the problem becomes even bigger.

40. Post #6840
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO USE THE l/100 WITH THE STOCK TURRET ON THE PANTHER II?!
    This is gonna be a painful grind.

Because getting a new tank means you should be punished

Kind of like shelling out 100k exp and 2.8m credits for a T32 so you can use the 90mm again with no hull-down capabilities!