1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,457 Posts
    I want to redownload this and maybe join the fp clan (had an su-85b td iirc), is the health bar thing still considered a cheat, or is it official, or what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,184 Posts
    I seriously can not find anything to do in this Pz38NA except annoy teammates the entire round by shooting their butt for no damage

I tried scouting out and found a GWP and shot at him but like 10 shots bounced and he killed me with one hit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,694 Posts

it is beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,184 Posts
    granted, annoying teammates by shooting their butt for no damage is FUN but still

Edited:

automerge breaker

5. Post #85
    March 2011
    4,989 Posts
    OK, so there's many threads on Type59 in Suggestions, with opinions varying from "make it a supertank" to "weaken it and make it like a Yugo" or "just get rid of it" - I'm suggesting neither. What I'm suggesting, though, is EITHER fix the matchmaker finally, OR derp the gun on Type59. Here is why: Most battles in my Type59, I am paired against a Tiger2, AMX50-100, Loewe or T32, sometimes (granted, very infrequently) against an IS-3. Type59 is a MEDIUM tank, and as it happens more and more often recently, I am one of, say, 4 Type59s, right behind a Pershing that is my team's top tank. Down the list there are SU100/Jagdpanzer4, Pzkw4, T34-85, KV, KV-3 and such like. The enemy team starts with an IS-3, a couple of Loewes and a Tiger2, on top of a Panther and a single Type59 (sometimes 2).
    Now, there are some maps where the battle goes on mostly between buildings, and you can maneuver a powerful med and kill a Tiger2 (Ensk, Erlenberg or Ruinberg come to mind). But on Prokhorovka, Malinovka or Murovanka, matchmaker should not - repeat, SHOULD NOT - put a t59 against Tiger2 or IS-3. People will say "T59 is nimble almost like a T54, it's a dogfighter, you can run around heavies faster than their turrets turn" - and it's true, but on open-field maps you have to come up to that heavy first. You will make it with 15% hp left, if at all. A derp gun would enable you to at least bring that heavy down to, say, 50-60% from afar, so that when you close in you actually stand a fighting chance.
    And, to be honest, I refuse to believe that "temporary derping code" cannot be written into the game. What I mean is, if my team has heavys paired against enemy heavys and meds paired against enemy meds, the program would keep T59 as it is. If, on the other hand, my team has ONLY meds against enemy heavies, "temporary gun derping" would kick in, just for this one game.

I can't make this stuff up. Best community of 2011 folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,184 Posts
    To be fair a Type59-152 would be awesome

Edited:

what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,773 Posts
    What tier 6 and under doesn't matchmaker kill.
    KV, KV3, T5 lights, Slugger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    January 2010
    2,752 Posts
    T5 lights,
    You serious? I get in T8 and 9 matches NORMALLY in my AMX 12t.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    August 2010
    1,130 Posts
    Why can't they just get rid of the right side of Malinovka and giant spike walls at each team's spawn that slowly encloses on both sides as time progresses?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #90
    Seriously fuck levelling up SPG after SPG, i'm jumping from normal tanks to the 5th russian one or so
    I get NO exp from my fucking artys, less than what i'd get if i stayed at base with my light tank and never took a shot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

11. Post #91
    Why can't they just get rid of the right side of Malinovka and giant spike walls at each team's spawn that slowly encloses on both sides as time progresses?
    too fun and interesting.

Edited:

Seriously fuck levelling up SPG after SPG, i'm jumping from normal tanks to the 5th russian one or so
    I get NO exp from my fucking artys, less than what i'd get if i stayed at base with my light tank and never took a shot
    artys only go to t8. So they get less xp and take more to rank up. Dont go spg anyway, mega cheap tank to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,694 Posts
    SPGs take all the fun out of the game.

I don't see how you would prefer sitting back and staring at a birds eye view of the tanks and hoping you hit them over actually fighting them eye to eye

Edited:

Pretty much quit at the gw_panther and I doubt I'll pick it back up any time soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    I wanted to try the first russian one out
    it's boring as shit but insanely thrilling and rewarding when you actually land a hit or take someone's track out with splash damage.
    Of course, you get killsteal'd a second later.

Edited:

Anyone want to tell me what the hell is up with "pets and owners" servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,579 Posts
    Anyone want to tell me what the hell is up with "pets and owners" servers?
    Wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #95
    November 2010
    2,263 Posts
    More KV-2 glory:

For the record I didn't just last-hit an IS-4, I did well over 1000 damage to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,324 Posts
    I can't make this stuff up. Best community of 2011 folks.
    But I paid this tank with my mommies money, its a shitty tank, but i dont want to fight against tanks my tier, only against tiers lower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    woah the T20 is great, it's either the fact that tier 7 matchmaking isn't as shit as we know which tier I'm talking about, or the fact that it's actually a solid vehicle

Edited:

4th tier 7 match in a row, jeez
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

18. Post #98
    May 2009
    1,195 Posts
    T20 isn't all good,it can be penetrable by pretty much any tank...But in overall I think it's a good tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

19. Post #99
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,270 Posts
    T20 is grand.

It's pretty much the smallest tank ever and it's quite agile, so you can play it as very sneaky dogfighter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    T20 isn't all good,it can be penetrable by pretty much any tank...But in overall I think it's a good tank
    point of medium tanks is you don't get shot

Edited:

but yeah, shit like panzer IVs penetrating and hitting important modules is annoying

21. Post #101
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,270 Posts
    If you want armor you are in the wrong medium tree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    the only armored mediums I know of are Type 59 and the T-54 and the E50?

23. Post #103
    April 2008
    163 Posts
    E50 is like a medium TigerII!

Edit: with ballet shoes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #104
    January 2012
    373 Posts
    VK3002DB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #105
    October 2008
    2,421 Posts
    The DB had oddly amazing armor (at least when I used it), the Pz 4 (the turret), VK 3601, Panther, and Panther 2 all have ok armor.

Overall I would say the German medium tree is the best in terms of armor, but the T-54 has the most effective armor. Although, if you really want armor you shouldn't be going down any medium tree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

26. Post #106
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,606 Posts
    7.2 Trailer

Edited:

T28 prototype aka open top turreted T28

Edited:

Whats wrong with this picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    May 2009
    1,195 Posts
    If you want armor you are in the wrong medium tree.
    I know meds are supposed not to take hits but having a decent armor is nice so you can at least bounce or stop the shells of weaker tanks and not take any tank as a serious threat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

28. Post #108
    January 2012
    373 Posts
    Dunno why but the T49 looks sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

29. Post #109
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    The DB had oddly amazing armor (at least when I used it), the Pz 4 (the turret), VK 3601, Panther, and Panther 2 all have ok armor.

Overall I would say the German medium tree is the best in terms of armor, but the T-54 has the most effective armor. Although, if you really want armor you shouldn't be going down any medium tree.
    Pz4 isn't a medium, nor is the Vk3601, Panthers have shit smeared over the ammo rack for armor

Edited:

I'll admit I missed the DB

30. Post #110
    April 2011
    2,801 Posts
    Pz4 isn't a medium, nor is the Vk3601, Panthers have shit smeared over the ammo rack for armor

Edited:

I'll admit I missed the DB
    What are you smokin? PzIV is a medium and so is the VK3601.

31. Post #111
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    What are you smokin? PzIV is a medium and so is the VK3601.
    in theory they are, but they play nothing like them, the Vk3601 is a small tiger, and the PzIV is a small Vk3601, and the Tiger is as heavy as it gets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Campania? Are you fucking joking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,773 Posts
    Pz 4 is a medium until it gets retard turret and L/70, then it's a TD. VK3601 is statistically a heavy and even the developers said that, except for a slight health buff, no changes will be made when it's classified (if that's still on the table).

@7.2 video: Don't care about the game anymore but the M8A1 looks cute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #114
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,281 Posts
    7.2 Trailer

Edited:

T28 prototype aka open top turreted T28
    That Hellcat better be fucking sonic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #115
    April 2011
    2,801 Posts
    I like the way the T25-2 and the T28 P look, but the other TDs seem to be more like light tanks.

36. Post #116
    January 2012
    373 Posts
    VK3601 is statistically a heavy and even the developers said that, except for a slight health buff, no changes will be made when it's classified (if that's still on the table).
    When it gets reclassed it will most likely get a higher MM ranking so it's gonna get tossed into Tier X matches all the time like ARL and KV-3. Without the good guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

37. Post #117
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts
    I like the way the T25-2 and the T28 P look, but the other TDs seem to be more like light tanks.
    They don't call it the "Fast TD line" for nothing

38. Post #118
    April 2011
    2,801 Posts
    They don't call it the "Fast TD line" for nothing
    I know, but they are just so diffrent compared to the usual. I really want to use them.

39. Post #119
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,963 Posts
    I wonder if they're balancing the turreted T28 by making the turret amor paper.

Edited:

and then editing didn't work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I'm so getting a hellcat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)