1. Post #1721
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,900 Posts
    Thanks for the overwhelming response guys. Probably going to tug up the Soviet TD line then. I also only call it the derp gun because it's pretty much universally known in game as it - and it's a good reference to it's insane damage, mediocre accuracy and slow reload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1722
    Thanks for the overwhelming response guys. Probably going to tug up the Soviet TD line then. I also only call it the derp gun because it's pretty much universally known in game as it - and it's a good reference to it's insane damage, mediocre accuracy and slow reload.
    Keep in mind though, the end tier for the soviet TD line is shit. Big gun, no maneuverability, no speed, no armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1723
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    I'd recommend the American TD line if you want TD's. The most solid line in the series leads to the most useful TD in the game, if also the most annoying to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1724
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,900 Posts
    I'd recommend the American TD line if you want TD's. The most solid line in the series leads to the most useful TD in the game, if also the most annoying to play.
    Already working on the T25. I haven't had much fun with the Slugger, but the Wolverine was a ton of fun.

On that note... anyone know why the 90mm loses it's muzzle-brake if you switch back to the non-covered turret? I found that really weird. It didn't change the stats, but it just seems weird.

5. Post #1725
    March 2008
    1,129 Posts
    Me (PZIV), a T20 and a T34 took out a panther II without damage:
    I circle strafed it with top speed and shot of it's track, and hit 2 in it's ass, the t20 hit destroyed it's gun at the moment it wanted to fire, and the T34 set it on fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1726
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,024 Posts
    It's

fucking

trollcannon

Edited:

calling it derpgun is fucking disgrace and makes me want perform physical violence upon you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1727
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,900 Posts
    calling it derpgun is fucking disgrace and makes me want perform physical violence upon you
    Sorry, never heard anyone call it the trollcannon until now. No need to get your panties all in a twist.

Maybe some humor will cool your jets:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #1728
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    Awesomecaek once described playing World of Tanks as eating barbed wire covered in honey.
    I think that's what the metaphor was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1729
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,024 Posts
    Sorry, never heard anyone call it the trollcannon until now. No need to get your panties all in a twist.

Maybe some humor will cool your jets:

No.

I am trying to get daily double on my T28 and I am about to flip a table.

Seriously, this thing can be so fucking frustrating to play. All T9s can penetrate your whole front bottom half of hull, it's slow as fuck, the 105mm is shit penetration, accuracy, and alpha.

I spotted a T59 fighting with it's ass turned away from me, fighting somebody

I engage him, fire few shots. He focuses at me. I by some goddamn fucking miracle tactics outpace him and he has to run. As he is turning away, friendly Pershing appears. Takes a shot at the T59s side at like 30 meters of distance. Misses. The T59 legs it and is driving away with 150hp. I am aiming the last shot right for his ass. The Pershing goes HERP, dashes forwards, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GUN and blocks my LOS towards the T59. I think "ALRIGHT I WILL LET HIM GET THE KILL, JEEZE"

He fires and misses again. At like 50 meters of distance. A target going in straight line away from him. I just clicked, without bothering to aim anywhere. The Pershing explodes. Without a question, without single post. He was so thick that he probably never even understood what actually killed him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

10. Post #1730
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,810 Posts
    [REDACTED]

Use V2 down there

|
    |
    |
    V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #1731
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    gibe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #1732
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,810 Posts
    Bad Reading x 1 (list)

Edited:

Actually, looking at it in motion, it is a bit thick. Let me get a thinner version going here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #1733
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #1734
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,635 Posts
    I am literally in love with the derp gun. Are there any other tanks around tier 4 and higher with similar guns? My only other option is to play battle artillery - and that's not nearly as accurate or effective.
    Tier 5: Sherman and KV both have good ones, but if you want to ride the derptrain all the way up, you're better off sticking to Soviet heavies and TDs. US and Germany don't use them past tier 5. Well, I suppose you could but I really don't suggest it (lol Patton with 105mm derp)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #1735
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,810 Posts
    How bad of an FPS drop does that give you?
    None, I'm just editing the texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1736
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,066 Posts
    Driving my T29 100 feet ahead of a friendly tiger kicking ass

"Kill-stealer! Stop driving in my line of fire!"

ಠ_ಠ

17. Post #1737
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,810 Posts
    derptrain derp
    Oh god, just stop already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1738
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Mmm, there's nothing better than being put into tier 7 matches in a tier 3 tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #1739
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,649 Posts
    Mmm, there's nothing better than being put into tier 7 matches in a tier 3 tank.
    Quit playing arty (it's not a tank) or stop platooning with higher tiers in a tier 3 tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1740
    August 2009
    599 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Cliff Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:08:23 PM
    Vehicle: T40
    Experience received: 1,233
    Credits received: 18,421
    Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Kay's Medal III Class, Invader, Master Gunner, Reaper

My heart is still pounding from that match, with the 105mm howitzer mounted of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #1741
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Cliff Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:08:23 PM
    Vehicle: T40
    Experience received: 1,233
    Credits received: 18,421
    Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Kay's Medal III Class, Invader, Master Gunner, Reaper

My heart is still pounding from that match, with the 105mm howitzer mounted of course.
    You mean the derp gun?
    Also the cake is a lie.
    I used to like World of Tanks then I took artillery to the knee?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

22. Post #1742
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    cringe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #1743
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,336 Posts
    Arty is easy to avoid if you're anywhere near a town, and if there's more than two enemy arty still alive and you're out in the field you're doing something really wrong

I really don't get everyone's problem with Artillery. I've never been killed by one.
    Don't you PLAY artillery?

24. Post #1744
    ha

Edited:

Don't you PLAY artillery?
    Pretty sure his top tier tank is an arty lol

25. Post #1745
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,810 Posts
    You mean the derp gun?
    Also the cake is a lie.
    im literally crying right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1746
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Quit playing arty (it's not a tank) or stop platooning with higher tiers in a tier 3 tank
    Well I was platooning with my bro who plays arty. Should I slap him for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

27. Post #1747
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    Beat him to death.

28. Post #1748
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,913 Posts
    Go to his computer, Logon to wot, Sell his tanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1749
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,092 Posts
    give him a good spanking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #1750
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,156 Posts
    I saw an AMX 13 90 in a tier 7 game before, it killed everything

31. Post #1751
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,417 Posts
    Tell him to pick a weel tank.

32. Post #1752
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,092 Posts
    GarrusV*(5:14:45 PM)*this FUCKING community
    GarrusV*(5:14:55 PM)*arty kills a platoon mate, almost kills another
    GarrusV*(5:15:02 PM)*so I fly back to the base in the T2 and shoot him to death
    GarrusV*(5:15:07 PM)*get blue name
    GarrusV*(5:15:13 PM)*you've got to be shitting me

artillery FUCK OFF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1753
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    idk about the AMX 13/90 but the 13/75 is my new favorite tank. Absolutely shit on everyone of my tier.

34. Post #1754
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    Keep in mind though, the end tier for the soviet TD line is shit. Big gun, no maneuverability, no speed, no armor.
    Dude the Obj.704 has decent front armour, good speed and excellent maneuverability, you need to play it how its made bro.

The American TD line is good, and the t-95's front armour in an encamped position is excellent, BUT the Obj.704 is one of the most fun tanks to play if you know how to play it. From my experience, just sitting back and being a support cannon works best. For instance the gun has great damage and pen but the reload time is shit, so use this to your advantage: Peak and shoot, Peak and shoot. This coupled with great camouflage makes for a deadly TD.

But every time you line someone up you have to ask yourself is the 2,500 credits worth the shell your shooting them with?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #1755
    October 2007
    2,001 Posts
    idk about the AMX 13/90 but the 13/75 is my new favorite tank. Absolutely shit on everyone of my tier.
    The entire French light/med series keeps getting better. Just when I thought the AMX 12t was lots of fun, then the AMX13 75 shows up and it's even better. Then the AMX13 90 just destroys everything, now the Lorraine. I don't even have the top gun and it already wrecks shit.

36. Post #1756
    November 2010
    5,527 Posts
    That is simply not possible, the AMX 13/90 only gets in matches with at least one Tier 9.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #1757
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,573 Posts
    The entire French light/med series keeps getting better. Just when I thought the AMX 12t was lots of fun, then the AMX13 75 shows up and it's even better. Then the AMX13 90 just destroys everything, now the Lorraine. I don't even have the top gun and it already wrecks shit.
    Unfortunately my premium ends in about 2 hours so I won't be able to experience the 13/90 until I get back.

38. Post #1758
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,678 Posts
    It's

fucking

trollcannon

Edited:

i've seen players call it the derpgun way more than trollcannon so you're pretty wrong from my viewpoint

and why are you getting upset over it being called the derpgun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #1759
    i've seen players call it the derpgun way more than trollcannon so you're pretty wrong from my viewpoint

and why are you getting upset over it being called the derpgun?
    It's kind of like the people in the LMAO pics thread, they like certain memes but DESPISE others. Arrow to the knee, cake is a lie, ect. It's dumb but I won't get pissy over it.

40. Post #1760
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,810 Posts
    Dude the Obj.704 has decent front armour, good speed and excellent maneuverability, you need to play it how its made bro.

The American TD line is good, and the t-95's front armour in an encamped position is excellent, BUT the Obj.704 is one of the most fun tanks to play if you know how to play it. From my experience, just sitting back and being a support cannon works best. For instance the gun has great damage and pen but the reload time is shit, so use this to your advantage: Peak and shoot, Peak and shoot. This coupled with great camouflage makes for a deadly TD.

But every time you line someone up you have to ask yourself is the 2,500 credits worth the shell your shooting them with?
    I know how to drive the 704. It's still shit.

[sub]And it's 1650 per shell.[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)