1. Post #3041
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,811 Posts
    Yeah, the Android thread, so your list can get hacked to pieces.
    Yeah, people aren't allowed to have preferences.

And the times I've used Android both on tablet and phone I can say I don't quite like it either. Always had problems, couldn't be bothered to deal with them anymore, it's annoying, I'd rather have something that just worked like it should.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #3042
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    lmao yeah please tell me more about how things that personally annoy me about android don't actually annoy me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3043
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    FYI Android 4.1 has gapless playback. Or at least it has the APIs for it, there isn't any integration (yet) with system or market apps.

Edited:

Audio Latency is also drastically reduced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3044
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,752 Posts
    all the windows 8 stuff is genuinely exciting but i have a feeling microsoft is going to suck at marketing it and presenting it to users.

i think i might get a windows phone next upgrade anyways. i hate android and i can't really afford an iphone.

Edited:

uh does windows phone 7 still not have gapless playback?? i thought google was the only one that fell down on that one but i guess everyone but apple just sucks at audio.

maybe windows phone 8 will have it but at this point this shit is a dealbreaker.
    Yeah, the nine gapless playback is pretty annoying, but it's been some time since I heard pink Floyd anyhow. Have you considered getting a WP8 and a media player of some sorts? Annoying to carry two devices, but it'd probably be cheaper. And how many albums do you have that would suffer from it? I only have one or two, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

I must say that I disagree on android - I thought ICS was pretty cool, but jelly bean takes the cake as the overall nicest OS. Now, if the manufacturers weren't so damn dumb, Android would be so much more attractive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

5. Post #3045
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,494 Posts
    FYI Android 4.1 has gapless playback. Or at least it has the APIs for it, there isn't any integration (yet) with system or market apps.

Edited:

Story of Android's life... There's always that release that promises to fix everything, and doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3046
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,185 Posts

Edited:

And guess what? That just came out

Just cause Google finally gets off their ass and makes Android more appealing doesn't erase its past history of shit

Edited:

Story of Android's life... There's always that release that promises to fix everything, and doesn't.
    This too, Google is so flip floppy that if 1.5 years from now (Galaxy Nexus contract expires) Android isn't amazing I am going Windows Phone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #3047
    Windows 8: Compare to Android
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

8. Post #3048
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,055 Posts
    when did i go into the android thread

am i in the google subforum?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #3049
    April 2009
    14,494 Posts
    Holy shit, I seriously thought this was the Android thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

10. Post #3050

July 2012
    16 Posts
    Hello
    window 8 is very nice , good .
    i am buy to wait this .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Funny Funny x 23Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3051
    March 2008
    3,199 Posts
    it is. I dread going back to win7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3052
    October 2009
    5,815 Posts
    ill quick ask this

la noire works in window 8 release preview?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events

13. Post #3053
    January 2012
    1,692 Posts
    As much as I prefer Windows 7, the cheap price of 8 ensures that I will buy it. 8 is also a huge jump up from XP, so hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3054
    Windows 8 has been a pleasant experience for me so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #3055
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,758 Posts
    I love windows 8, had no problems its really fast, great user experiences.

Only problem : some laptop drivers don't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #3056
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,852 Posts
    I'm on Consumer Preview, and Windows Update doesn't work anymore. Do I need to bite the bullet and get Release Preview?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #3057
    April 2009
    14,494 Posts
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #3058
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,761 Posts
    Windows update on release preview only has windows defender definition updates nowadays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #3059
    November 2011
    482 Posts
    Windows update on release preview only has windows defender definition updates nowadays.
    Pretty damn important if you don't have an alternative AV product installed though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3060
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Talk about how bad Android is in the Android thread

Also I shall be making the full move to 8 as soon as my new rig (parts) arrive!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #3061
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    Hello
    window 8 is very nice , good .
    i am buy to wait this .
    You are the cutest little foreigner on the forums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #3062
    December 2009
    5,967 Posts
    I don't know where I first heard this but all this time I was thinking that I could install windows 8 on my transformer prime but after some searching I realise that i'm very wrong. Apparently asus is remaking the prime to run windows, sucks for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

23. Post #3063
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    Dev Prievew kept slowly killing itself over time, and it's shitty wireless drivers carried over to the Consumer Preview. The Release Preview has fixed everything so far, and now I just wish there was an easier way to log off than Win+L, power icon, log off. Because it's not in the charms bar...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3064
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    I fixed my VMware issues. 'Windows key' + 'Tab' doesn't seem to work.
    To make it easier to shutdown; create a shortcut and type "shutdown -s" ("shutdown -r" for reboot) and pin it to start. Just thought I'd mention it for those who don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3065
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    I fixed my VMware issues. 'Windows key' + 'Tab' doesn't seem to work.
    To make it easier to shutdown; create a shortcut and type "shutdown -s" ("shutdown -r" for reboot) and pin it to start. Just thought I'd mention it for those who don't know.
    Thanks mate, I made ones for Log off and Sleep as well. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #3066
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,761 Posts
    Start Screen > User Name > Log off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #3067
    April 2009
    499 Posts
    Tried to do it this way this morning..got a bsod when w8 boots (vhd_initialisation_failed) ...http://www.howtogeek.com/107535/how-...ws-8-the-easy-
    So i was locked out my system ,and i forgot to make a w7 usb...Lucky my friend made me one,repair and got back in w7.
    Gonna do it the normal way now,what is the best way to dual boot w7 and w8 without any hassle afterwards?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

28. Post #3068
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    Tried to do it this way this morning..got a bsod when w8 boots (vhd_initialisation_failed) ...http://www.howtogeek.com/107535/how-...ws-8-the-easy-
    So i was locked out my system ,and i forgot to make a w7 usb...Lucky my friend made me one,repair and got back in w7.
    Gonna do it the normal way now,what is the best way to dual boot w7 and w8 without any hassle afterwards?
    Just Use Vmware player, it's free and runs pretty smooth. He's a tutorial on how to do it. http://www.sysprobs.com/how-to-insta...g-vmware-tools
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #3069
    Settings Screen > Power > Shut Down?

Edited:

It's still easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3070
    a2h
    Gold Member

September 2008
    2,460 Posts
    Desktop > Alt+F4 > press Enter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

31. Post #3071
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Desktop > Alt+F4 > press Enter?
    Wow, here's something I never knew about!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #3072
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,160 Posts
    I removed my old windows 7 installation then this appeared

what kind of systemfile is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

33. Post #3073
    November 2011
    482 Posts
    Dev Prievew kept slowly killing itself over time, and it's shitty wireless drivers carried over to the Consumer Preview. The Release Preview has fixed everything so far, and now I just wish there was an easier way to log off than Win+L, power icon, log off. Because it's not in the charms bar...
    I also wish it was easier to shut down. The whole process of getting to the shutdown menu is quite long and then when you think that your PC is shutting down (It says 'Shutting down'), it randomly stops and tells you you've still got stuff running and need to close them. You then have to wait for it to close the things already running and THEN it shuts down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #3074
    November 2009
    9,398 Posts
    I removed my old windows 7 installation then this appeared

what kind of systemfile is that?
    A virus system file, perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #3075
    June 2010
    4,370 Posts
    This is a pretty babyfaced question, but why did you former android users switch over? WP8 is sounding interesting with all the unified stuff.

36. Post #3076
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,209 Posts
    This is a pretty babyfaced question, but why did you former android users switch over? WP8 is sounding interesting with all the unified stuff.
    Because metro, also it's nice and smooth and doesn't need 50 cores too keep it smooth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3077
    June 2010
    4,370 Posts
    Because metro, also it's nice and smooth and doesn't need 50 cores too keep it smooth.
    Can I still sync my gmail like on android?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #3078
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Is anyone elses' Mail app broke? Every time I try to use it it gets to its screen then nothing shows up, like it froze.

But all the other stuff that works along side it works fine. Not sure if that matters or not.

I've been wondering for awhile, what is everyone's worst or most recurring bugs? The worst I've had was a BSOD due to a hardware reconfig, but thats my fault and I don't really count it. Other then that the bugs are so few/small I don't really remember them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

39. Post #3079
    June 2010
    2,461 Posts
    Did a load of apps just disappear from the Windows Store or is it just me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #3080
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    The less bullshit I have to navigate through, the better.