1. Post #801
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,213 Posts
    Can I please have a reply on the nvidia control panel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

2. Post #802
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,956 Posts
    Where did the Tweet@rama app go to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,889 Posts
    IE10 consistenly get better results than Google Chrome on Sunspider and Impact. Any other benchmarks that should be run?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events

4. Post #804
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,213 Posts
    Okay now I'm confused, I've linked my account up on facebook so I can chat to people using the built in messaging app HOWEVER It keeps disconnecting and when I connect it doesn't show my friends instead shows the people on hotmail..

This is confusing as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #805
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Where did the Tweet@rama app go to?
    In the people app you can read connect to twitter. I don't know how to make a post but you can click a tweet in the feed and reply to people.

6. Post #806
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Metro apps such as music and video are reporting that my libraries are empty even though in explorer I can clearly see they have things in them. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Has anyone right clicked on the start preview? Apparently Win+X does the same thing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #808
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    So that's where they hid all the useful things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 2 (list)

9. Post #809
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,052 Posts
    Has anyone right clicked on the start preview? Apparently Win+X does the same thing.

Now we're getting close to something useful! Now i just need a good sized button that I'm able to hit. And a way to run those stupid full-screen apps in a window.

I find it really funny that Microsoft has been trying to give us better multiscreen support and then fucks it up with this start menu and so on.

Edited:

Now we're getting close to something useful! Now i just need a good sized button that I'm able to hit. And a way to run those stupid full-screen apps in a window.

I find it really funny that Microsoft has been trying to give us better multiscreen support and then fucks it up with this start menu and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    735 Posts
    Blargh, my dreadful issue with Windows locking up is back from the developer preview. If I move the cursor against the left border of the screen my OS locks up for 30-45 seconds. Hopefully AMD released a driver for it ASAP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events

11. Post #811
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,213 Posts

Fuck I love this

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Blargh, my dreadful issue with Windows locking up is back from the developer preview. If I move the cursor against the left border of the screen my OS locks up for 30-45 seconds. Hopefully AMD released a driver for it ASAP.
    For me it went away again like it did for me in the dev preview. Try logging off and logging back on in the mean time. It should cure it.

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    735 Posts
    Alright cheers. If that doesn't fix it, I have bigger things to worry about like getting used to the lack of a start menu again :).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events

14. Post #814
    I ruined a drive with some important files by using old apps to partition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #815
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,256 Posts

Woow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #816
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,213 Posts
    Anyone else having issues with the video app?

17. Post #817
    December 2008
    740 Posts
    I'm having the lock-up issue too. I find it making Windows 8 unusable for me. It seems related to MetroUI although the methods for disabling it don't work in the Consumer Preview.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #818
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,213 Posts
    I'm having the lock-up issue too. I find it making Windows 8 unusable for me. It seems related to MetroUI although the methods for disabling it don't work in the Consumer Preview.
    The locking up happens to me sometimes but I don't mind it because it is not as worse for me.

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Anyone else having issues with the video app?
    I watched some Top Gear in it yesterday, worked fine.

20. Post #820
    December 2008
    740 Posts
    The locking up happens to me sometimes but I don't mind it because it is not as worse for me.
    In VirtualBox it's smooth, no problems whatsoever. It's only in dualboot it freezes for me.

21. Post #821
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,767 Posts
    Installed on my laptop using a clean install fine. I figured that the upgrade from previous versions of Windows process would work okay.

I'm not really sure what's happened.

So they didn't completely remove windows classic after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #822
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts

I bet ViStart will probably be used again since XP with 8.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #823
    February 2012
    345 Posts
    Does windows media player look terrible compared to the video app for anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #824
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Does windows media player look terrible compared to the video app for anyone else?
    WMP looks terrible compared to a toe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #825
    I'm having a trouble signing on to my Microsoft account, I enter my email and password, but then it says "An error has occurred and must be fixed on the Microsoft Website. Click here to open" I open it, but then it shows no errors. What gives?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #826
    December 2008
    740 Posts

27. Post #827
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Neat:

28. Post #828
    December 2008
    740 Posts

29. Post #829
    Quite liking this. Looks clean.
    (meaning I can't find shit in this thing)

Edited:

Alright, tried out some of the metro apps. This OS is to OSs what consolized videogames are to videogames. It is sorta fun to use, though.

Also, the pinball layout is a total ripoff of space cadet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events

30. Post #830
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,213 Posts

31. Post #831
    I find it quite weird that while it requires me to do mouse swipes to get to the little thumbnails thing, I can't swipe sideways with my mouse to scroll pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events

32. Post #832

May 2006
    9,049 Posts
    I just watched the consumer preview and Windows 8 looks like everything I don't want on a Desktop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #833
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Some people collect leaves or butterfly wings. I collect something much more useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #834
    what where did you get those

Edited:

Wow it recognized my audio, video, tablet and even PRINTER
    that's fucking amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #835
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,659 Posts

Edited:

Wow it recognized my audio, video, tablet and even PRINTER
    that's fucking amazing
    The provided drivers and driver fetching functions of Windows have been growing incredibly fast since Vista. It's a good thing too with devices becoming more varied. Thank god most things actually use a standardised communication method now making it even easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #836
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Downloaded, burned to DVD, Lightscribed labels on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #837
    They look professional and cool as shit
    Wish I had a lightscribe capable drive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #838
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    They look professional and cool as shit
    Wish I had a lightscribe capable drive
    It's pretty cool.
    Also I got the label from here and edited it slightly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #839
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    7,224 Posts
    How the fuck am I supposed to close metro apps quickly short of going to the top left and right-clicking each one and picking "Close"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #840
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    All my DVD and BD burners come with Lightscribe, I make sure of it before making the purchase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)