1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,889 Posts
    Dat missing anti-aliasing.

But incredibly useful nonetheless. Much better than iCloud, and probably dropbox as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts

But incredibly useful nonetheless. Much better than iCloud, and probably dropbox as well.
    SkyDrive in my opinion has always been better than Dropbox except in one major way. Accessibility. Live Mesh is very "meh" and 3rd party support is pretty much nil.

Now with proper integration, along with the 25GB storage (or more if you pay), unlimited bandwidth, no file expiration (not sure about this, Mesh there isn't but on SD it's 90 day (same as DBox)), and 2GB per file uploads.

Surprised they didn't do this earlier though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,785 Posts
    Same features of Dropbox with support for third party apps and a pretty nice metro app, I want it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    767 Posts
    Metro is very ugly, ugh. It reminds me of the Xbox Dashboard layout (current).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    SkyDrive in my opinion has always been better than Dropbox except in one major way. Accessibility. Live Mesh is very "meh" and 3rd party support is pretty much nil.

Now with proper integration, along with the 25GB storage (or more if you pay), unlimited bandwidth, no file expiration (not sure about this, Mesh there isn't but on SD it's 90 day (same as DBox)), and there's word that the per-file upload limit being raised to 300MB (about the same as DBox).

Surprised they didn't do this earlier though.
    If this is true, I'll be ditching Dropbox for SkyDrive.

Also: Windows 8 Consumer Preview Release Candidate To Be Build 8284
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,785 Posts
    Metro is very ugly, ugh. It reminds me of the Xbox Dashboard layout (current).
    The current Xbox dashboard IS metro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Comment from the blog states that you'll be allowed to upload up to 2GB files instead of the current 100MB.

Actually if I had time to read it it says so in the post itself. :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    I like where this is going. The only reason I never used SkyDrive was because of its lack of integration with Windows. Now I have no excuse!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,750 Posts
    along with the 25GB storage
    I read that, but with Live Mesh on Windows 7, if I select a folder to sync with SkyDrive it says I only have 5 GB available?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    I read that, but with Live Mesh on Windows 7, if I select a folder to sync with SkyDrive it says I only have 5 GB available?
    Live Mesh only allows you to sync 5 GB, anything over you have to manually do through the site.

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    767 Posts
    The current Xbox dashboard IS metro
    Exactly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,889 Posts
    ...so?

And I quite like it. They should be more thorough, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    Apparently the animations shift key works on the metro screen too.

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Apparently the animations shift key works on the metro screen too.
    The what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #295
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,063 Posts
    If there's an easy to use public link, then I feel very very sorry for dropbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    755 Posts

Missing anti-aliasing? Am I missing something here?

18. Post #298
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    My thoughts exactly. I think he was just trolling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

19. Post #299
    August 2011
    75 Posts
    The sync ticks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    My thoughts exactly. I think he was just trolling.
    In no way does that even remotely come close to fitting anything related to trolling. Trolling is purposely posting something to make people upset.

Look at the icon overlay. It doesn't have AA.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    In no way does that even remotely come close to fitting anything related to trolling. Trolling is purposely posting something to make people upset.
    Exactly what he was doing.

Look at the icon overlay. It doesn't have AA.

It has anti-aliasing. Only looks like shit because you zoomed in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts

Look at the edge of the folder. The checkmark circle should have the same faded edge at that level of magnification.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts

You got upset because he pointed out it doesn't have AA? Wow...

Yep that's certainly AA Just zooming in image editing software is biased so it makes green circles with white check marks aliased while beige folders with thumbnails of children and lights are allowed to keep their anti-aliasing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,889 Posts

Why would I even try to upset people, and just afterwards say that I think it looks great? I don't know about you, but I can clearly see the missing AA. Look at Panda X's picture - there's a bit of grey colour around the folders, no blending colours on the green icon. Missing AA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

25. Post #305
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,230 Posts
    smoke weed everyday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,038 Posts
    Not to go too off topic, but I love the new avatar, Panda.

More specifically, I love how the http://www.facepunch.com/avatar/71954.png is the old avatar, yet when you append "?garryis=awesome" onto the end of it,
    (http://www.facepunch.com/avatar/71954.png?garryis=awesome) it makes it into a windows 8 logo. Wonder how that happened...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,202 Posts
    it did work for me but now it doesn't. vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,785 Posts

More specifically, I love how the http://www.facepunch.com/avatar/71954.png is the old avatar, yet when you append "?garryis=awesome" onto the end of it,
    (http://www.facepunch.com/avatar/71954.png?garryis=awesome) it makes it into a windows 8 logo. Wonder how that happened...
    Cached image in your browser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,038 Posts
    Cached image in your browser
    Ahh yes, you are right. Gordon, I have complete confidence in you. (HL Reference) :D

I cleared my firefox 13a1 nightly cache, and it fixed the old avatar. Thanks.

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts

For me it's still the carbon fiber X. Cleared out the cache, even installed Opera to see if it had changed. It's remains the same in Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Opera. Even with a cleared cache in all of them.

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,070 Posts
    remind me on what day the consumer preview will be dumped on our doorstep like a abandoned baby

I want to record the huge backlash from people when they first load it up and they are thrown into the touch ui because you all know it will happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    The 29th.

33. Post #313
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    17,105 Posts
    I'm already thinking about what I'll whine about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

34. Post #314
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    I'm already thinking about what I'll whine about.
    I'm preparing to make a YouTube video on what Microsoft has manages to fuck up further, what cool new useful things are introduced, what's going to piss consumers off the most, what they managed to break in terms of compatibility (There's always a slew of things, even in RTM/Final), and most importantly, how we can fix these "issues" using third-party utilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,825 Posts
    I'm preparing to make a YouTube video on what Microsoft has manages to fuck up further ... what's going to piss consumers off the most
    So it's just going to be one of those "I don't like it, therefor no one else will" videos?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    I can't wait to try it with my Wacom tablet. Using a SMARTBoard with 8 was a pleasure, I bet a pen input like the tablet will be comparable. (I'd install the CP and try it now, but i'm too lazy )

37. Post #317
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    So it's just going to be one of those "I don't like it, therefor no one else will" videos?
    Not at all. Just a realistic, unbiased opinion on what's new, what's broken, what works, and what does not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb x 4Agree x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,785 Posts
    I can't wait to try it with my Wacom tablet. Using a SMARTBoard with 8 was a pleasure, I bet a pen input like the tablet will be comparable. (I'd install the CP and try it now, but i'm too lazy )
    I've tried it with my bamboo, It doesn't work with Windows 8's gestures

Edited:

Immersive/Metro Internet Explorer is really good on touch surprisingly, first time I've really used it in this tablet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events

39. Post #319
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    September 2010
    1,070 Posts
    The 29th.
    The day after my birthday :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)