1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    It's really a personal opinion after playing SGM, but for the sake of not arguing I'll edit it.

Horrible page king, have an Abakan:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,556 Posts
    It's really a personal opinion after playing SGM, but for the sake of not arguing I'll edit it.
    Nah, it doesn't matter. I just still have flashbacks to that fucking barge mission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    Nah, it doesn't matter. I just still have flashbacks to that fucking barge mission.
    Aside from that painful mission which took luck (in the NPC's not getting fucked over) rather than skill, the Alpha squads and factions were pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,796 Posts
    sweet, just got the redux random weapon system fixed, npcs now actually use the addons they spawn with on their weapons rather than them hanging around in their inventory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,847 Posts
    sweet, just got the redux random weapon system fixed, npcs now actually use the addons they spawn with on their weapons rather than them hanging around in their inventory.
    Is there still rookie bandits with RPGs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,556 Posts
    Aside from that painful mission which took luck (in the NPC's not getting fucked over) rather than skill, the Alpha squads and factions were pretty cool.
    Yeah, I'm not denying that, but things like "a controller that stops you from using your weapons", rather than presenting an additional challenge to the player by removing the usual set of tools he uses to solve problems, just feels arbitrary and irritating. SGM adds much needed content to SGM, but it feels like the creator is more interested in adding new stuff to the mod than balancing the old stuff.

do any of the attachments apart from silencers actually do anything in the hands of NPCs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #47
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,157 Posts
    I would never do such a thing!

Never heard of OGSM, but I'll take your word for it.

RMA is another one. Who had the link to that?
    http://www.amk-team.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=10631
    RMA is hardly well known though - less so than OGSM, really. Which is a shame, as it's one of the most... 'complete' SoC mods I've seen in ages, in terms of bugginess (or lack thereof) and features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,114 Posts
    I will never forget that bandit with a grenade launcher that rained death upon Zaton. Scariest 2 minutes of my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    December 2010
    2,581 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not denying that, but things like "a controller that stops you from using your weapons", rather than presenting an additional challenge to the player by removing the usual set of tools he uses to solve problems, just feels arbitrary and irritating. SGM adds much needed content to SGM, but it feels like the creator is more interested in adding new stuff to the mod than balancing the old stuff.
    Yeah, that's how I feel about SGM now that I'm near the end. It's great for adding content and more things to do, but overall I think it pales compared to things like Redux or Misery that change up the gameplay in a more balanced way. SGM still felt kinda like vanilla COP, but those 2 and mods like it feel like they change the game at a more fundamental level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #50
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,152 Posts
    I finally beat SoC for the first time!

X-18 was terrifying with just an IL-86
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

11. Post #51
    November 2010
    2,620 Posts
    RMA is another one. Who had the link to that?

Also, here is BuddieBBB's translation for it :

http://www.mediafire.com/?4goungodxzdfmbg

do any of the attachments apart from silencers actually do anything in the hands of NPCs?
    I'd like to know this one too. Especially since some mods enable the NPCs to use underbarrel grenade launchers attached to the weapons, it'd be interesting to know if Redux will use such and A.I plugin.
    Also one thing I've been wondering : Do any of you modders know if the NPCs use Nightvision ? I mean, does any of the games make the NPCs with NVG-enabling suits to see better in the dark than those without ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

12. Post #52
    Bionic Disabled Girl Railing Officer
    August 2009
    4,589 Posts
    I decided to try out the Lurk mod for Shadow of Chernobyl and uh, wow that's alot of bloom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,153 Posts
    I decided to try out the Lurk mod for Shadow of Chernobyl and uh, wow that's alot of bloom.
    FAAAAAAAAAABULOUUUUUUUUUUUS bloom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

14. Post #54
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,796 Posts
    no NPCs don't actually use addons for weapons really unfortunately, and things like NV don't change anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    Is there a mod that exists whereby you don't find an automatic until about 2-3 hours in? I'm tired of playing and finding an AK-74 within the first half hour only to find every NPC with them afterwards, and never seeing a pistol being used again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

16. Post #56
    October 2005
    7,157 Posts
    no NPCs don't actually use addons for weapons really unfortunately, and things like NV don't change anything
    you could do what the guy who made MSO did and made NPCs that spawn with NV capable armor better vision in darkness, and npcs that spawn with scoped weapons greater view distance. Kind of cheating but it achieves the same effect.

17. Post #57
    November 2010
    2,620 Posts
    you could do what the guy who made MSO did and made NPCs that spawn with NV capable armor better vision in darkness, and npcs that spawn with scoped weapons greater view distance. Kind of cheating but it achieves the same effect.
    I think the latter could be used for characters like Freedom snipers that spawn with actual sniper rifles at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #58
    August 2009
    4,589 Posts
    FAAAAAAAAAABULOUUUUUUUUUUUS bloom.

Claimed by the zone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    September 2011
    172 Posts
    Brothers,my quest is going well,

From higher ground:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    March 2011
    140 Posts
    Where can I get this glorious mod?
    No idea, that image is the only thing I found.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

21. Post #61
    May 2010
    213 Posts
    Does anyone have a link to that PDF of Roadside Picnic? It sounds like its really a good read.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,354 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    May 2010
    213 Posts

24. Post #64
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,435 Posts
    I finally beat SoC for the first time!

X-18 was terrifying with just an IL-86
    You know, I don't think I've ever used the L-85 for more than five seconds. Never really used the LR-300 either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,354 Posts
    You are welcome. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,728 Posts
    Look what I found
    Was this by the same guy who made all of those other models, like the Clear Sky, Bandits, and Military ones?

Also, what does RMA change? I know it throws in a bunch of cut shit, but graphics and gameplay wise, what changes with RMA?

27. Post #67
    October 2005
    7,157 Posts
    Was this by the same guy who made all of those other models, like the Clear Sky, Bandits, and Military ones?

Also, what does RMA change? I know it throws in a bunch of cut shit, but graphics and gameplay wise, what changes with RMA?
    Graphics - no change
    Gameplay - reintroduces detectors (and implements them properly), story changed a fuckload, a few extra new levels
    It's mostly vanilla with extra content. It makes a good base for other mods to be piled on top of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,329 Posts
    As far as I remember, RMA was all about adding all the cut storyline back into the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,728 Posts
    Graphics - no change
    Gameplay - reintroduces detectors (and implements them properly), story changed a fuckload, a few extra new levels
    It's mostly vanilla with extra content. It makes a good base for other mods to be piled on top of.
    Any AMK:SE type mods piled on top of it? Also, would there happen to be a link nearby?

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    185 Posts
    Any AMK:SE type mods piled on top of it? Also, would there happen to be a link nearby?
    Its posted on this very page, and RMA by itself is exactly what he said, its just new areas and the story change. There are lots of Addon versions of RMA though such as SHADOWRMA, or Ultimate RMA, they're all in the link too but I don't know if the translation works with them sine they add other things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

31. Post #71
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    So I'm in Pripyat, and I see a burer. Since my armor was broken I started to run for cover. I didn't make it far when the burer used its powers to drain my stamina and make me drop my weapon. I picked my weapon back up and started walking towards cover. Suddenly, 3 other burers followed the first burer and start doing the same to me. Eventually it was at the point where my stamina was drained all the time and picking up my weapon just resulted in it being torn from my hands again. So much torment...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #72
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,728 Posts
    Its posted on this very page, and RMA by itself is exactly what he said, its just new areas and the story change. There are lots of Addon versions of RMA though such as SHADOWRMA, or Ultimate RMA, they're all in the link too but I don't know if the translation works with them sine they add other things.
    I know, I just can't tell what's what. Google Translate can only help me so much, and all this "fashion" is a bit confusing.

If anyone would happen to known which version of RMA is best, and by best I mean including all of RMA's content as well as more weapons etc., would you kindly provide a link or indication on which is the best fit? Much appreciation to whoever happens to know.

Get out of here Shuffler.
    Sounds better without all that techno-babble music blocking out the Bandit Radio.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,917 Posts

Get out of here Shuffler.
    nvm you fixed it

Edited:

Brothers,my quest is going well,

From higher ground:
    Now throw a grenade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,791 Posts
    SGM is not well designed. It is fun and cool, but not well designed.
    My ass. It adds a shitload of great content with a level of polish that no other russian mod ever has.

36. Post #76
    August 2009
    4,589 Posts
    I just installed SGM and I love it, too bad it won't play nice with any of the other mods I use though.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    185 Posts
    I know, I just can't tell what's what. Google Translate can only help me so much, and all this "fashion" is a bit confusing.

If anyone would happen to known which version of RMA is best, and by best I mean including all of RMA's content as well as more weapons etc., would you kindly provide a link or indication on which is the best fit? Much appreciation to whoever happens to know.
    http://narod.ru/disk/21877619000/gamedata.7z.html
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4goungodxzdfmbg

That's default RMA and the translation.

I haven't messed with any of the other versions, ShadowRMA seemed to be fairly popular as most RMA videos I found were using that, heres the list of its features (Just done through google translate)

Code:
     Restored the "Kiss of the bloodsucker," Psi-kick pseudodog, and the ability byurer knock weapons out of the hands and lower endurance.
     Restored bildovsky version of the Controller, as a new species living only in certain places in the zone.
     Poltergeist now after a long flying materialized and descended to earth to regain strength before the next flight.
     Restored bildovsky inventory with all the features including the use of slots knife, binoculars and a flashlight, a full bed with the possibility of using time and ammunition from his belt.
     Restored the ability to install and remove the markers on the map in the PDA.
     Added desktop computers and to use it.
     Returned to the shaders, and some graphic effects from build 2218.
     Restored bludmarki and collision of bodies.
     Added a Freeplay mode after passing through the main story.
     Restored the weather of the builds.
     Restored bildovskoe of the game and interface.
     The new-old transitions between locations.
     New unused locations populated mutants.
     Replaced some texture and vegetation on bildovskie counterparts.
     Restored builds some of the visuals of the protagonist, NPC and monsters.
     restored some of the functions of light sources in the game.
     Restored bildovskaya diagram of a helicopter crash.
     Restored carved transport model. Also rebalance the entire transport.
     Added periodic bursts of psi-emission at Yantar.
     Restored carved weapon models and animations. Also recovered weapons P-90, BM-16 and PCM.
     Restored to dizdokam story intro videos.
     Restored some properties of the anomalies - such as the transfer of momentum to the objects of "Trampoline" and damage from "rusty hair."
     Expanded AI stalkers - they are actively using grenades, and can treat their comrades.
     Recovered in shelter care NPC for badly wounded.
     Restored some post-effects.
     Restored death reports of stalkers, as well as messages about information updates to the device.
     Restored audio and visual effects in the laboratory X-10.
     Replaced a lot of sounds in the game at bildovskie, including voice changed some groups.
     Completely replaced by ambient music on the locations to more atmospheric tracks.
     Changed hiding weapons in areas of the traders. If the dealer you trust, you let it, even with arms in their hands.
     Some characters adds the ability to repair weapons and ammunition.
     Restored carved articles about locations in the CCP.
     Changed the description of some locations, items, dialog, weapons, etc.
     In the options unlocked some video settings for dynamic lighting.
     Twice during the slow time in the game, as well as time to sit side quests has been increased to 7 days.
     Restored the possibility to hang skirts on some weapons.
     Corrections:
    - Fixed crash when using food and medicine from the corpses.
    - Fixed bugs on the global map in the PDA. Fixed map locations The Dead City, generators and disaster.
    - Fixed the dialogue at Yantar - now everything is logical. Just the Manage other dialogs.
    - Fixed voice Monolith, now they do not poison jokes.
    - Fixed killing the orderly bandits.
    - Fixed visual frequent dumping of the protagonist.
    - Fixed some bugs and shortcomings of the original game.
     And much more ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,723 Posts
    I'm having performance issues with SGM. Any recommendations for optimizing it? I'm using the version with BlackByte tweaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

39. Post #79
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,152 Posts
    You know, I don't think I've ever used the L-85 for more than five seconds. Never really used the LR-300 either.
    Really? I love it.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    185 Posts
    Really? I love it.
    The L-85 use to be my favorite weapon in Battlefield 2, in STALKER LR-300 was my favorite even though it wasn't the best, I just liked the look of it. Cosmetics over use everyday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)