1. Post #2081
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,416 Posts
    I got 12GB ram recently, I can finally play the soup the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
    Not unless you also have SoC installed on an SSD and you've prayed to the Monolith every day for the past twelve years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2082
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,055 Posts
    Not unless you also have SoC installed on an SSD and you've prayed to the Monolith every day for the past twelve years.
    You guys are acting like the Soup is impossible to play on anything but an IBM super computer. I have 2GB tied up with a 6800 series ATI card and a Core 2 Duo processor and it runs fine in most areas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

3. Post #2083
    Gum
    July 2011
    1,202 Posts
    You guys are acting like the Soup is impossible to play on anything but an IBM super computer. I have 2GB tied up with a 6800 series ATI card and a Core 2 Duo processor and it runs fine in most areas.
    4GB and a 5770. Only problem is loading times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

4. Post #2084
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,055 Posts
    One really fucked up thing about NS's loading times is that they seem faster than with any other SoC mod on my end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

5. Post #2085
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,416 Posts
    It runs fine. Just install the "low end" texture pack from the site/Argus texture pack and it'll be fine.

The loading times, however, get worse as you play it. At first it's ~1 minute to load a level from the main menu, then it keeps going up... I stop playing when it gets up to 5 minutes.

6. Post #2086
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    People Soup is very crash-prone. Especially in Pripyat, I couldn't walk 10 feet without crashing. After about a dozen or so quickloads, I managed to get away to a less populated area of Pripyat. I stopped playing after getting there though, 5 minutes loads and constant crashes discouraged me from playing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,188 Posts
    Runs flawless on my 2.8GHZ AMD Quad, with 4GB Ram and a ATI Radeon HD 5770.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #2088
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,115 Posts
    No, I meant the patch. I've got Stalker online, it doesn't work for me (which seems to be a problem with Steam copies of the game, from the comments).
    I posted it a few pages ago...

9. Post #2089
    October 2010
    681 Posts
    I hate to keep coming back here to only ask questions, but I truly don't understand the order system in SGM. I order an item for a very low price of... my knife? Which I still seem to have after placing it. I go to sleep for a few hours, come back. And there's nothing. The only options are to replace the order which I don't have, and the traders inventory hasn't changed. Is it just broken or something?

10. Post #2090
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,188 Posts
    I hate to keep coming back here to only ask questions, but I truly don't understand the order system in SGM. I order an item for a very low price of... my knife? Which I still seem to have after placing it. I go to sleep for a few hours, come back. And there's nothing. The only options are to replace the order which I don't have, and the traders inventory hasn't changed. Is it just broken or something?
    You have to wait a day or so, and then enter the trade screen with the person and you can buy it off him. Unless you mean Nimble?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2091
    October 2005
    7,115 Posts
    Oh hey, OGSE finally released an english version
    but apparently their installer was fucked so they took the download down for now
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution
    Ahahaha that garscape level in the addons is fucking cool (it's a standalone mod fyi)

12. Post #2092
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Hiding from a blowout in MISERY

until I got somehow killed by one of those buzzing things that detonate in the air.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7 (list)

13. Post #2093
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,033 Posts
    Hiding from a blowout in MISERY

until I got somehow killed by one of those buzzing things that detonate in the air.
    Psi storm, not blowout. It's rather irritating that they didn't add more safe areas, ones that made some goddamn sense. That building there, for example, should be plenty protection from psi storms.

Edited:

They're not really psi storms tbh, they look more like lightning storms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2094
    July 2005
    227 Posts
    For the post above are you using a mod or something to see sun beams like that? looks really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #2095
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,617 Posts
    atmosfear 3 (included in most mods nowadays) and sunshafts/sunbeams on high should do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2096
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,033 Posts
    but apparently their installer was fucked so they took the download down for now
    Ahahaha that garscape level in the addons is fucking cool (it's a standalone mod fyi)
    That mod has started to intrigue me, especially what they plan to do with the levels, namely merging levels and replacing some with earlier, more expansive beta versions (hopefully polished up). They plan to e.g. merge Agroprom with it's underground, merge Garbage with Cordon, Bar with Rostok and such. Very interesting, i'd love to see how it turns out.

Edited:

atmosfear 3 (included in most mods nowadays) and sunshafts/sunbeams on high should do it
    I'm not too fond of how many mods include it by default. It rapes older computers, imo it should be an optional addon. But I guess most mods don't care about those of us with older computers :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

17. Post #2097
    July 2005
    227 Posts
    Ah okay thank you, time to install it!

18. Post #2098
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,617 Posts
    I'm not too fond of how many mods include it by default. It rapes older computers, imo it should be an optional addon. But I guess most mods don't care about those of us with older computers :c
    I agree, hence Redux Base, but unfortunately AtmosFear 3 is too deeply ingrained with the game to be an optional choice for Redux v2.0 :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #2099
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,033 Posts
    Ah okay thank you, time to install it!
    If you're already using a mod, keep in mind you might have to manually merge things, so be careful if that's the case.

Edited:

I agree, hence Redux Base, but unfortunately AtmosFear 3 is too deeply ingrained with the game to be an optional choice for Redux v2.0 :(
    :c
    Hopefully by that time I won't be a peasant

Edited:

But since you're still balls deep in development with a lot to do, i've got plenty of time :D

20. Post #2100
    November 2010
    2,598 Posts
    Psi storm, not blowout
    God, I hate the Psi-storms. They are really cool at first but unlike the blowout, waiting out a psi-storm gets really boring. A blowout shakes the ground and sounds like Satan himself is arriving on Earth before it climaxes and the blowout waves sweep the surface of the Zone clean. You really feel like you want to take cover even if it didn't do any damage.

What does Psi-storm do ? Well, it looks sweet until the psy-bolts start coming and they take just an unnecessary amount of time because after the first "Psy-bolts" hit, you are either dead or in cover so you're just stuck there waiting and growing more and more impatient. You don't even get hallucinations or something, it's just a really long wait.

Speaking of Redux, will you include Russian audio+subtitles-option like CfP / integrate it directly to the mod ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2101
    October 2005
    7,115 Posts
    oh dear lord I just lost it
    I decided to try the russian version of OGSE while waiting for the proper english release
    The second time I go into Sid's bunker?
    MARKED ONE!? WHAT THE HELL!?

22. Post #2102
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,033 Posts
    God, I hate the Psi-storms. They are really cool at first but unlike the blowout, waiting out a psi-storm gets really boring. A blowout shakes the ground and sounds like Satan himself is arriving on Earth before it climaxes and the blowout waves sweep the surface of the Zone clean. You really feel like you want to take cover even if it didn't do any damage.

What does Psi-storm do ? Well, it looks sweet until the psy-bolts start coming and they take just an unnecessary amount of time because after the first "Psy-bolts" hit, you are either dead or in cover so you're just stuck there waiting and growing more and more impatient. You don't even get hallucinations or something, it's just a really long wait.
    They also strike a lot faster than blowouts, and are usually no less lethal. Not enough time to get into a safe area.
    Tbh they should build up in strength gradually, so the player has enough time to get to cover with at least a tiny bit of their health left if they're not daft.

23. Post #2103
    October 2005
    7,115 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2105
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,617 Posts

Speaking of Redux, will you include Russian audio+subtitles-option like CfP / integrate it directly to the mod ?
    nope

26. Post #2106
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,416 Posts
    Instead, you will re-do every bit of voice acting in the game with professional voice acting from hired voice actors!

Right? Right.

27. Post #2107
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,617 Posts
    nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #2108
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,056 Posts
    even in the zone marketing blows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,695 Posts
    Seriously, can anyone tell me the difference between the newest SGM and SGM 1.6?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #2110
    October 2005
    7,115 Posts
    oh there we go, the official english OGSE installer is out

31. Post #2111
    November 2010
    2,598 Posts
    Could you then at least make the mod compatible with Russian audio mod so we won't CTD if we want to have atmosphere instead of SPEEL THE BEENS and ALOOOOOOOOOOOOHA ?
    I mean, I'm not asking for extra steps to accommodate it except just keeping it in mind in case you're putting in unique characters from Clear Sky and such so installing the RU audio won't end up in CTDs everywhere.

Instead, you will re-do every bit of voice acting in the game with professional voice acting from hired voice actors!
    I'm so glad that S.T.A.L.K.E.R-mods don't have fan-made voice acting. All those fake russian accents would be too much to bear.

if you want it you're going to have to merge it i'm afraid
    Welp. I guess I'll just have to do that because the english is too damn corny and it affects the atmosphere so much . It was kind of funny the first time around but after being used to the russian audio, it's like the english voices were designed for a whole different game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #2112
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,617 Posts
    Could you then at least make the mod compatible with Russian audio mod so we won't CTD if we want to have atmosphere instead of SPEEL THE BEENS and ALOOOOOOOOOOOOHA ?

I mean, I'm not asking for extra steps to accommodate it except just keeping it in mind in case you're putting in unique characters from Clear Sky and such so installing the RU audio won't end up in CTDs everywhere.
    if you want it you're going to have to merge it i'm afraid

33. Post #2113
    July 2005
    227 Posts
    Anyone know a fast mirror to download misery mod for CoP? the one from modDB is going at 20kb/sec.
    Never mind found a faster one from modDB.....

34. Post #2114
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,300 Posts
    I honestly don't know what you're talking about. The English voice acting in Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat is flawless.
    Some of the soldiers in Pripyat remind me of the orc peons in Warcraft 3. "MORE WORK? OFF I GO THEN"
    Fucking classic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

35. Post #2115
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts

speaking of OGs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #2116
    hey
    August 2006
    5,500 Posts

speaking of OGs
    kruglov swag

37. Post #2117
    July 2005
    227 Posts
    Just got the textures from Misery, and SGM2.0 with AF 3 working, looking really good now.

38. Post #2118
    November 2010
    449 Posts
    I reckon Redux would be much better (in terms of atmosphere) having Russian voiceovers by default but that's just my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #2119
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,549 Posts

It doesn't help, IMHO, that they use the sound effects for electro anomalies. It feels more like a storm, not a psy-storm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #2120
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    I reckon Redux would be much better (in terms of atmosphere) having Russian voiceovers by default but that's just my opinion.
    That was one thing I really liked in both Misery and Pripyatan; they took russian dubs and english subs
    shit's good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)