1. Post #3401
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    573 Posts
    fuck that yelling is annoying. Its fine when its in russian but..
    SHEET.
    Should have been 'chyort.' , it just don't sound right when you have English and Russian yelling , it doesn't go hand in hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3402
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,062 Posts

Edited:

Just had a run through the underground tunnels around Agroprom.

The Bloodsucker was harder to kill than The Controller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

3. Post #3403
    January 2009
    1,594 Posts
    Can someone tell me where the basic tools are in SGM
    I have been roaming around Waste Processing Station, which is where Owl says there will be tools, and there are no tools to be seen

And where is the Mac-10 Nimble wants? I saw the video of where it is, but it is not there

And ordering special items from the guy in Skadovsk(Not Nimble) seems to be broken. Can someone tell me how come he does not stock the items I ordered, ever since I bought the TOZ-34 from him

Holy dicks Alpha squads are annoying, but give great gear

Using SGM 2.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

4. Post #3404
    June 2009
    1,501 Posts
    And ordering special items from the guy in Skadovsk(Not Nimble) seems to be broken. Can someone tell me how come he does not stock the items I ordered, ever since I bought the TOZ-34 from him
    Just trade with him and the weapon should be in his inventory where you can buy it for around 5000ru
    If it isn't you have a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #3405
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,503 Posts
    I have been roaming around Waste Processing Station, which is where Owl says there will be tools, and there are no tools to be seen

And where is the Mac-10 Nimble wants? I saw the video of where it is, but it is not there

Using SGM 2.0
    The tools are in one of the ventilation pipes. Climb into them from the back of the plant. Can't help you with the trader, I never had any problems with that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #3406
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,673 Posts
    Don't the tools change locations for each playthrough in SGM?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #3407
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Don't the tools change locations for each playthrough in SGM?
    I think they're randomized, yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

8. Post #3408
    January 2009
    1,594 Posts
    Just trade with him and the weapon should be in his inventory where you can buy it for around 5000ru
    If it isn't you have a problem.
    It isn't in his inventory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

9. Post #3409
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,116 Posts
    You have to wait an hour before he stocks the desired item.

Edited:

If that fails, sleep for a day and see if that works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

10. Post #3410
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,503 Posts
    I think they're randomized, yeah.
    Zaton
    Yanov
    Pripyat

Red dots indicate possible tool spawn locations. The number shows the grade of tools (1=Basic, 2=Fine, 3=Calibration), and a, b and c indicate the number of possible locations, at two of which tools will spawn.

So in one playthrough basic tools may spawn at The Ranger Station and Volkhov AA, the fine tools at Iron Forest and Jupiter, and the calibration tools at Krug and the Hospital.

I'm not sure what decides the distribution between Zaton, Pripyat and Jupiter, though.

You have to wait an hour before he stocks the desired item.

Edited:

If that fails, sleep for a day and see if that works.
    Strangely, for me all the traders stocked the item immediately for me, except in the case of the Yanov trader with the Duty and Freedom exo, which he never sold.

11. Post #3411
    Gum
    July 2011
    1,150 Posts

Using SGM 2.0
    If you aren't too far in, get 2.1. Far superior, and it has better aligned iron sights that don't require me to fix them.

12. Post #3412
    May 2011
    3,809 Posts
    I remember one time in SGM the fine + calibration tools were in zaton, but the basic tools were in pripyat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

13. Post #3413
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    9,926 Posts
    I remember one time in SGM the fine + calibration tools were in zaton, but the basic tools were in pripyat
    dafuq
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #3414
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    5,981 Posts
    monolith needs basic tools too, you know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3415
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,416 Posts
    Tried merging again yesterday. Complete failure. So I continued on with Misery.

Does anyone else crash when attaching the scope for the Mosin Nagant? (Playing as a Sniper in Misery)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #3416
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,503 Posts
    Stalker Online beta 4 is out. Could someone else with a steam copy of CoP test it out and see if it works?

17. Post #3417
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,194 Posts
    so what happened to the thread locking and shit

18. Post #3418
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,785 Posts
    so what happened to the thread locking and shit
    It's either going to happen every 31/32 days or not anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

19. Post #3419
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,079 Posts
    Is there perhaps a mod or some way to remove the camera shaking when moving around? My buddy wants to play the game but the wobbling makes him want to puke :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

20. Post #3420
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,194 Posts
    type 'cam_inert 1' into the console

also, LA calendar time!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #3421
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,079 Posts
    type 'cam_inert 1' into the console

also, LA calendar time!
    It didn't work apparently
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

22. Post #3422
    November 2010
    2,456 Posts
    Is there perhaps a mod or some way to remove the camera shaking when moving around? My buddy wants to play the game but the wobbling makes him want to puke :(
    cam_inert 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #3423
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,194 Posts
    oh yeah it was 0, sorry

i got mixed up as I always use something like 0.1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3424
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,380 Posts
    Hi guys, so I finally started a first serious run of SoC that I'm actually going to finish.
    bro love
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #3425
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Hi guys, so I finally started a first serious run of SoC that I'm actually going to finish.
    bro love
    such is life in ROOKIE camp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #3426
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,503 Posts
    Something from another game that I think'd work quite well in STALKER is this:

Buying drinks gives a random chance, depending on the value of the drinks bought, for the barman to provide the player with rumours, useful info and plot hooks. Particularly, I think it'd fit in well with STALKER's A-Life and the like.

I think it'd be a swell idea and also the other inebriated Bar patrons might want to tell the player stories, especially if you offer them a drink as well.
    Well, yeah, I suppose you could expand it into a way of making contacts and friends that isn't just helping the wounded or killing things.

Jesus H Christ, is that BGII or Icewind Dale? Made me want to see Faerun again.
    BGII. Got back into the series 'cos of a mysterious webpage promising some kind of updated BG at some point in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #3427
    November 2010
    2,456 Posts
    Buying drinks gives a random chance, depending on the value of the drinks bought, for the barman to provide the player with rumours, useful info and plot hooks. Particularly, I think it'd fit in well with STALKER's A-Life and the like.
    I think it'd be a swell idea and also the other inebriated Bar patrons might want to tell the player stories, especially if you offer them a drink as well.

By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured?
    Yeah, it's sort of against a stalker "honor code" to leave a person to die if you can help them.

I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?
    Not really. However, some mods allow you to recruit people who are "friendly"(green) toward you on raids so there at least it's useful. Also, they don't turn hostile against you so easily. For example, if you kill a stalker from a group with neutrals and friendlies (green), most neutrals will open fire on you but the "friend" will turn neutral toward you.

28. Post #3428
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,380 Posts
    such is life in ROOKIE camp.
    I really like how stalkers are presented in the game. They're so different from any other community in other games which really adds up to the atmosphere. That's why the game's so popular, I guess.

By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured? I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

29. Post #3429
    April 2011
    1,373 Posts
    By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured? I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?
    Depends on the weapon he is carrying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

30. Post #3430
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    Something from another game that I think'd work quite well in STALKER is this:

Well, yeah, I suppose you could expand it into a way of making contacts and friends that isn't just helping the wounded or killing things.
    Jesus H Christ, is that BGII or Icewind Dale? Made me want to see Faerun again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

31. Post #3431
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,116 Posts
    Misery makes my computer miserable :/
    Despite it's relatively limited additions compared to any other mod i've tried (and having reduced draw distances and texture res to CoP default), it still loads slower than every single other one i've tried on FDL; even slower than SGM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

32. Post #3432
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,024 Posts
    Every time I give one of them a medkit they usually kill themselves right after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #3433
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,785 Posts
    Every time I give one of them a medkit they usually kill themselves right after.
    They usually just get a medkit in their inventory on my end, so I often end up buying it off of them.

And then they walk into a fucking Vortex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #3434
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,560 Posts
    I help any stalker up back to his feet, even if I normally can't spare a medkit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #3435
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,785 Posts
    One huge advantage you have in People Soup is that MRE's act as medkits, and most advanced stalkers and military troops have them. The fact that they're counted as food mean that the NPC's cannot use them instead of a medkit, either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

36. Post #3436
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    17,914 Posts
    One huge advantage you have in People Soup is that MRE's act as medkits, and most advanced stalkers and military troops have them. The fact that they're counted as food mean that the NPC's cannot use them instead of a medkit, either.
    I guess they put ground up people into the MREs to give the eater more health or something

37. Post #3437
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,785 Posts
    I guess they put ground up people into the MREs to give the eater more health or something
    Maybe they're just manefactured by the same people that made all that food in Return To Castle Wolfenstein?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3438
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,560 Posts
    New conspiracy has arisen.

The MRE's are made from Stone Blood, Meat Chunk and Soul artifacts broken and ground up. It's like Soylent Green, except with a lemony Zone twist.

Or, this pertains to my other theory on Death Trucks. The Monolith steal bodies, grind them up, make them into MRE's and give them to Monolith troopers. That's how Monolith have such strong hair and bones, because they get all their vitamins from dead guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #3439
    November 2010
    2,456 Posts
    Maybe they're just manefactured by the same people that made all that food in Return To Castle Wolfenstein?
    I'm glad someone remembers that game and has fond memories of healing by dancing on top of german chicken dinners.

Edited:

I was kind of disappointed that in the sequel you couldn't eat dog food like in the first 3d Wolfenstein game (Wolf3d)

40. Post #3440
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    17,914 Posts
    New conspiracy has arisen.

The MRE's are made from Stone Blood, Meat Chunk and Soul artifacts broken and ground up. It's like Soylent Green, except with a lemony Zone twist.

Or, this pertains to my other theory on Death Trucks. The Monolith steal bodies, grind them up, make them into MRE's and give them to Monolith troopers. That's how Monolith have such strong hair and bones, because they get all their vitamins from dead guys.
    But wait, Strider has short hair. Logically, if Monolith hair were strong, he'd want to grow it as long as possible to protect from bullets and shrapnel.

Maybe that's why he was expelled from the Monoltih?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)