1. Post #4161
    First time playing STALKER in 1024x768, still static lightning though.

Just like having sex already.
    That's exactly how I was playing STALKER for the first time back in 2007!
    It was so damn awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #4162
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,029 Posts
    Deadliest ability of the hamsters is to get close to you while remaining invisible if you have any sort of grass density turned on
    Yeah, but their damage level is hilariously small and at worst you'll end up in a three way with them and other mutants.

Edited:

Plus there's them often getting spawned in interiors or urban locations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

3. Post #4163
    Gum
    July 2011
    1,192 Posts
    Oh, we're talking about our most hated mutants now?
    I hate every single on of them equally.
    Blind dogs swarm me and invade my rear uninvited whenever they have the chance.
    Bloodsuckers are loud and ugly, but now they're dead, amen.
    Boars are big, heavy and deal lods of edamage.
    Burers never leave my guns and fatigue alone and never take damage when I tell them to.
    Chimaeras are the bane of my existence, man, just leg it.
    Controllers are cuntrollers.
    Flesh are made of concrete and shrug off all the bullets I fire at them.
    Poltergeists get my anus rent if there's a single object to fling at me.
    Pseudodogs are like blind dogs, just worse.
    Pseudogiants never die and they can give me testicular cancer.
    Snorsks make sure I always wear my codpiece.
    Tushkanos (aka hamsters) are noisy but never pose a real challenge, just an annoyance I can't wait to get rid of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

4. Post #4164
    November 2010
    2,586 Posts
    Yeah, but their damage level is hilariously small and at worst you'll end up in a three way with them and other mutants.
    I absolutely hated the rats in OGSM Clear Sky. They were brown and unlike the hamsters, they didn't stand tall and they made you bleed a lot.

Also, the tushkanos sound like demons in Misery.

5. Post #4165
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,081 Posts
    just tought of something when i read the title:
    where the hell did the metro thread go?

i think we should change the title to "we have activity in our thread, does metro?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

6. Post #4166
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    581 Posts
    just tought of something when i read the title:
    where the hell did the metro thread go?

i think we should change the title to "we have activity in our thread, does metro?"
    Don't make me bump it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #4167
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,081 Posts
    Oh, we're talking about our most hated mutants now?
    I hate every single on of them equally.
    Blind dogs swarm me and invade my rear uninvited whenever they have the chance.
    Bloodsuckers are loud and ugly, but now they're dead, amen.
    Boars are big, heavy and deal lods of edamage.
    Burers never leave my guns and fatigue alone and never take damage when I tell them to.
    Chimaeras are the bane of my existence, man, just leg it.
    Controllers are cuntrollers.
    Flesh are made of concrete and shrug off all the bullets I fire at them.
    Poltergeists get my anus rent if there's a single object to fling at me.
    Pseudodogs are like blind dogs, just worse.
    Pseudogiants never die and they can give me testicular cancer.
    Snorsks make sure I always wear my codpiece.
    Tushkanos (aka hamsters) are noisy but never pose a real challenge, just an annoyance I can't wait to get rid of.
    burers always like to play tennis with my grenades
    pseudogiants just conusme all my ammo
    chimeras i cant run from, due to the FUCKING HIT STUN
    snorks disembowel me in 2-3 hits
    and those fucking vermin, you never see them in less than 5 in a pack and they pick your legs clean to the bone in mere seconds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4168
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,651 Posts
    Don't make me bump it.
    it really sucks that Last Light got pushed back to 2013
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #4169
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,029 Posts
    Don't make me bump it.
    Bring it on.

We still have miniguns, you tunnel dwelling "I only go less than a kilometer away from a station" Russians.

Edited:

it really sucks that Last Light got pushed back to 2013
    Yeah, but so did STALKER 2.

On the bright side, 2013 will be the Year of Slavic Apocalypse Games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #4170
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    I'm pretty sure GSC's support team is composed of robots, I send a ticket to them complaining that my cd key won't work for shit in multiplayer and they just replied me with "Greetings" and my exact key again after it.

I guess they got brainwashed by the Holy Monolith again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4171
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,081 Posts
    Bring it on.

We still have miniguns, you tunnel dwelling "I only go less than a kilometer away from a station" Russians.

Edited:

Yeah, but so did STALKER 2.

On the bright side, 2013 will be the Year of Slavic Apocalypse Games.
    the thing is, we have mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4172
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,029 Posts
    the thing is, we have mods
    And that's why the STALKER Megathread is alive and fine and the Metro Megathread is near death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #4173
    March 2012
    63 Posts
    And that's why the STALKER Megathread is alive and fine and the Metro Megathread is near death.
    It might also be that stalker is also a much more interesting game to talk about, but the metro book was by far better than any stalker book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #4174
    November 2010
    2,586 Posts
    It might also be that stalker is also a much more interesting game to talk about
    Metro has a really strong atmosphere but unlike STALKER, there's not much variation and aside from using stealth or not, it largely plays out the same for everyone.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are a polar opposite in that SoC and CoP produce a countless number of unique situations and interesting tales thanks to the A-Life system.

the metro book was by far better than any stalker book.
    Metro 2033 was indeed an amazingly atmospheric book and more intriguing than the game adaptation. Haven't read any S.T.A.L.K.E.R novels but from what I hear most of them aren't very good and rape the lore in various ways. Looking forward to reading Southern Comfort, though.

What about Clear Sky?
    Unless we're talking about mods like TFW or PreSky (both of which appeared only lately), most of Clear Sky's levels are really static and predictable. For example, once the Clear Sky vs Renegades thing gets fought out in the Swamps, the renegades will not move anywhere from their fixed spots they keep respawning to. Same thing with the Cordon army base : Their reinforcements come from outside the map instead of Agroprom reinforcing Cordon block post and vice versa which means that the various A.I groups will stay in their spawns and won't move unless the player aggroes them. Granted, the Faction Wars do bring about some unpredictable moments but not like SoC or CoP.

15. Post #4175
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,642 Posts
    What about Clear Sky? The shit that's happened to me in the others is nothing in comparison what's happened in Clear Sky. The only thing from the other games that stands with it is the time in CoP when literally dozens upon dozens of boars, controllers, and fleshes cornered me during a blowout in the middle of nowhere at Yanov. Still, I gotta say I love CS the most.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

16. Post #4176
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    It might also be that stalker is also a much more interesting game to talk about, but the metro book was by far better than any stalker book.
    You shouldn't compare it to any stalker book but "Roadside Picnic". It was RP that spawned the whole idea of the Zone, just like Glukhotsky's book created the world of Metro.

Edited:

Metro has a really strong atmosphere but unlike STALKER, there's not much variation and aside from using stealth or not, it largely plays out the same for everyone.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are a polar opposite in that SoC and CoP produce a countless number of unique situations and interesting tales thanks to the A-Life system.

Metro 2033 was indeed an amazingly atmospheric book and more intriguing than the game adaptation. Haven't read any S.T.A.L.K.E.R novels but from what I hear most of them aren't very good and rape the lore in various ways. Looking forward to reading Southern Comfort, though.
    :) Look forward to the sequel. It'll leave no radioactive crevice of the Exclusion Zone untouched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

17. Post #4177
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,986 Posts
    Sounds more like "tå nie buuch" to me, i'unno.
    No bloody idea. I know that "spaseba muzhik" or however it's spelt means "thanks dude" and that's about it.
    Well, Polish and Russian have something (even if very, very little) in common, and this "Staje" sounds like the polish "Staje" which means "Stands up".

It's kind of funny to play stalker and understand like 1/4 of what they're saying because of world similarities.

Edited:

Also Why do we like Dick waving contests with other games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

18. Post #4178
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    I understand like 95% because I learn russian in school and I live in a russian part of town. And I can tell you one thing - I fucking hate teenage russians.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #4179
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    I understand like 95% because I learn russian in school and I live in a russian part of town. And I can tell you one thing - I fucking hate teenage russians.
    Non-topic but I have to ask: I hear Russian grammar has degraded severely in pretty much everything excluding the government. Is this true?

20. Post #4180
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    i got stalker online working and i think the russians were laughing at me in chat :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #4181
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    Non-topic but I have to ask: I hear Russian grammar has degraded severely in pretty much everything excluding the government. Is this true?
    Imagine how English would degrade if most online stuff were written with Cyrillic characters and lots of Russian slang words.

Edited:

i got stalker online working and i think the russians were laughing at me in chat :(
    They fucking hate us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

22. Post #4182
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    I think yes, because the language can't be called a shell of its former self, because, well, there's no shell left. It's raped to all hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

23. Post #4183
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,220 Posts
    Streaming soon, most likely.

Edited:

http://www.livestream.com/tinter
    Get in here stalker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

24. Post #4184
    Casual gamer
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    Tinter gave me a million dollars to post this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,891 Posts
    I was supposed to bump first, you've taken my spot

26. Post #4186
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    I'm watching the stream.. ARE YOU?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

27. Post #4187
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,891 Posts
    nope

28. Post #4188
    Casual gamer
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    He's going to have to pay me a lot more than that to do anything but BLOOP the stream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #4189
    November 2010
    2,586 Posts
    Raw footage from Tinter's suffering at the Project 62 Testing Facility :

Finished CoP. Kinda disappointed.. seemed a lot shorter...
    Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that it ended when the cool bit (Pripyat) seemed to start but it kind of makes sense since it's supposed to just close the trilogy started by SoC.

and more linear than the others..

I'm not sure if I follow since Call of Pripyat was the most open game both in terms of level design and in what order you decide to take on the various quests and do the first part of the main quest (choppers) at your own pace unlike SoC and CS which are hurrying you towards your next plot mission. If by "linearity" you mean that some of the side quests lack replayability a bit then I sort of agree but there are still many quests you can do rather differently depending on your choices and what achievements you want to pursue.

30. Post #4190
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,220 Posts
    Stream over for now. Got past the zombies in the weapon testing fac. Now for the giant.
    Same bat time, same bat channel!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

31. Post #4191
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,143 Posts
    Finished CoP. Kinda disappointed.. seemed a lot shorter and more linear than the others. It was fun while it lasted but neither of the sequels have a patch on the original in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #4192
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,642 Posts
    Finished CoP. Kinda disappointed.. seemed a lot shorter and more linear than the others. It was fun while it lasted but neither of the sequels have a patch on the original in my opinion.
    You're right, Clear Sky is the best. Those sequels to it pale in comparison.

That wasn't a joke. Rate agree, not funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4193
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,618 Posts
    Fuck there is so much stuff in SGM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

34. Post #4194
    August 2009
    888 Posts
    I still never grow tired of these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4195
    January 2012
    451 Posts
    I haven't found a solution to this, but the file for Doom's mod for SoC seems to be broken, I can't open it in 7zip or Winrar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #4196
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,618 Posts
    I have a problem. On my map in SGM it doesn't show where the secondary objectives are, only the primary.
    Any fix to this?

37. Post #4197
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,191 Posts
    Should i save my Monolith Drawing for the next thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

38. Post #4198
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,542 Posts
    Got accepted into scholarship today. That means uni is now free! Looks like I can quit pizza delivery job working erry day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #4199
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,620 Posts
    fucks sake tinter stop streaming when i'm asleep god damn.

Also can someone please upload Misery's weapon textures somewhere so I can use them without dling the whole mod?

Said, I remember, when we used to sit,
    In the scientists lab in Yantar,
    Oba, ob-serving ecologists,
    As they would mingle, with the good people we meet
    Good friends we've had, good friends we've lost
    In this bright new zone you can't forget the old
    So dry your tears, I say,
    No Dushman, no cry.

Said, said, said I remember, when we used to sit,
    In the flea market yard in Garbage,
    And then duty would fire all right,
    Tracers flashin' through the night.
    Then we'd cook boar hoof porridge,
    Of which ill share with you..
    No Dushman, no cry.
    Oh southern comfort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #4200
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    fucks sake tinter stop streaming when i'm asleep god damn.

Also can someone please upload Misery's weapon textures somewhere so I can use them without dling the whole mod?

Oh southern comfort.
    why dont any mods have boar hoof porridge?