1. Post #4561
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,436 Posts
    Has anyone had problems using OGSE?

i loaded it up and tried it out, and found that the screen was incredibly dark, so much so that the flashlight had pretty much no effect whatsoever, and that the guys in cordon shot me on sight. cant get any weapons, and cant get to the guy that gives you weapons
    Did you happen to play LURK before installing OGSE? If you did, delete your user.ltx in C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC

As for the guys in Cordon, you have to do the mission Sid gives you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4562
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,331 Posts
    To get to Sid, just don't go through the village til you've done his little job.

Edited:

damn ninja :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

3. Post #4563

February 2012
    42 Posts
    ah. ive been playing around with the AMK Sidorovich Edition mod. tried a clean install before doing OGSE, but apparently didnt get everything..

and i thought i had to talk to the regular guy instead of just sidorovich.

anyways, thanks guys

4. Post #4564
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,153 Posts
    I don't know where they took the intel about "legal" problems from but it fits into the puzzle. All IP is with SG, he owns the brand, he stepped out, GSC continues on its own - do the maths.
    Sergei leaving the company? Hm, it could be possible, but they did say that he is very dedicated to the franchise, so it could be something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4565
    September 2009
    2,081 Posts
    so in OGSE after gunning down the entire duty base because they shot me on sight, i got to barkeep and everything seems cool and all, but i constantly have psy-effects (yellow screen, weird noises in background) did i do something wrong? will this fuck up my entire playthrough?

6. Post #4566
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,153 Posts
    so in OGSE after gunning down the entire duty base because they shot me on sight, i got to barkeep and everything seems cool and all, but i constantly have psy-effects (yellow screen, weird noises in background) did i do something wrong? will this fuck up my entire playthrough?
    Hm, I'm not exactly sure about that, but try sleeping in game or scout the area for a Controller. Is the sound some sort of an ear ring or a "oooouuuUUUUOOOOOOuuuuoooo"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

7. Post #4567
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,729 Posts
    That's nice of you to draw something based on my post. But why is he holding a warhead in this picture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

8. Post #4568
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Work on Redux 2 is picking up. Keep your panties close to yourself, it's going to get good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #4569
    November 2010
    2,620 Posts
    Playing good ol' vanilla ShoC again, I found it kind of neat how you can still find cut items like the army outfit in the game world :

It's in the attic of the Cordon bed bunks, right?
    It's in the attic of the Cordon military base barracks, yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #4570
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,729 Posts
    It's in the attic of the Cordon bed bunks, right?

11. Post #4571
    December 2010
    2,582 Posts
    I think that's a merc suit. But I can't remember cause a lot of mods remove it or turn it into a crappy jacket. :(

12. Post #4572
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,729 Posts
    I meant the actual Cordon, the one with the case. Above that area is an attic with boxes. The supplies usually fall through the floor and to the first floor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #4573
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Freedom "girls"

Edited:

Dat's a psisurge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

14. Post #4574
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    I just started playing Shadow of Chernobyl and I am rather enjoying it.

Though, is there a way to turn off the view bobbing? Because it's very disorienting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

15. Post #4575
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,842 Posts
    People say setting cam_inert to .01 fixes it but in my experience it really doesn't do anything, you could try it though. Just put
    cam_inert 0.01
    into the console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #4576
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    tarks obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

17. Post #4577
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,277 Posts

Sorry if it's not as good as you guys expected. Shading a black background was a bitch to do.
    And horrible blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

18. Post #4578
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    really really dead spacey there

Edited:

also i've been playing this game like a gun collector.

basically i round up all the guns i can and upgrade them fully, then i throw myself out into the world with a time tested loadout (SVU TOZ and an m9 or usp or p226 with extended mag, or a p226 and a sig 550 maybe with a sawn off)

it's pretty fun actually cause i have a clear goal in mind and the ability to be changing weapons all the time adds loads of variety. plus the fact that me and my enemies can take very little punishment forces me to be a very sneaky player.

running redux 1 and redux upgrade re-enabler

Edited:

i saw that thorny is adding a new local to redux... any more? or is it just that marsh place from clear sky or whatever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

19. Post #4579
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,729 Posts

Sorry if it's not as good as you guys expected. Shading a black background was a bitch to do.
    And horrible blood.
    Noncanon, I don't see massive tits on each of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4580
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,796 Posts
    really really dead spacey there

Edited:

also i've been playing this game like a gun collector.

basically i round up all the guns i can and upgrade them fully, then i throw myself out into the world with a time tested loadout (SVU TOZ and an m9 or usp or p226 with extended mag, or a p226 and a sig 550 maybe with a sawn off)

it's pretty fun actually cause i have a clear goal in mind and the ability to be changing weapons all the time adds loads of variety. plus the fact that me and my enemies can take very little punishment forces me to be a very sneaky player.

running redux 1 and redux upgrade re-enabler

Edited:

i saw that thorny is adding a new local to redux... any more? or is it just that marsh place from clear sky or whatever?
    so far the Great Swamp and Red Forest (CS) are confirmed. We'll be confirming another level soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4581
    May 2011
    3,887 Posts
    so I asked my friend (whom I convinced to do his very first playthrough of stalker shoc with Technobacon) how the playthrough was going. his response,
    "Holy crap wtf is with this cave why am I being raped by jumpy zombies and invisible things and oh god there are skeletons everywhere how the fuck do you play this game without going insane," I fixed the spelling but left the lack of grammar because it's more fun that way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

22. Post #4582
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,011 Posts
    so far the Great Swamp and Red Forest (CS) are confirmed. We'll be confirming another level soon.
    Better be Pripyat or another urban level
    tbh factory levels are more interesting than city levels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #4583
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,020 Posts
    If there were an incredibly claustraphobic urban map, like the city planning nightmares of urbanized Africa, I'd really like to see it mixed with STALKER's gameplay.

ofc South Africa isn't in Ukraine, but I think it'd be an interesting place to see in a mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #4584
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,796 Posts
    we're not doing Pripyat (SoC) for 100% certainty, it's just too much of a pain in the ass to get it to work and fit into the level design
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #4585
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,153 Posts
    If there were an incredibly claustraphobic urban map, like the city planning nightmares of urbanized Africa, I'd really like to see it mixed with STALKER's gameplay.

ofc South Africa isn't in Ukraine, but I think it'd be an interesting place to see in a mod
    Cities and smaller towns in Slavic countries aren't exactly shaped out in your regular African style(unless you count Dalmatia but that's Mediterranean-style design). The Communist-era residential and Early Modern Age-style central districts are made of larger grid based road systems and big buildings with inner yards in the center. Smaller towns and villages usually have a less consistent design, but they have enough open space within to reduce the urban chaos factor(see ARMA2 Chernarus).

If you ask me, fully reconstructed Limansk should do the trick. If the place would combine very tight and small interiors for the majority of the buildings, with an unrestricted road pattern(as shown on the Clear Sky map) it could create a proper claustrophobic effect that places like Pripyat do not have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #4586
    November 2010
    2,620 Posts
    I think I already can guess what it is :    Agroprom+the expanded underground (featuring parts from both CS and SoC)   

The trader repair mod thing for SoC seems to be incompatible with ZRP for some reason.
    In ZRP the faction bases(Freedom and Duty) offer weapon and armour repair services. In Freedom base, the guy who repairs stuff is "Screw" (who, appropriately enough would've been the mechanic of the base has the upgrade and repair feature of the original SoC been kept in)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4587
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    The trader repair mod thing for SoC seems to be incompatible with ZRP for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #4588
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,153 Posts
    Conflicting files, I assume.

Edited:

IMO the file problem is X-Ray's biggest flaw; at the smallest error it goes "Shit's fucked! Complain to Sergei!" then crashes straight away. If kept on running, but not perform any scripts with errors it could be much more flexible to edit and find out what's wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4589
    April 2010
    1,468 Posts
    Where can I get the people soup mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #4590
    November 2010
    2,620 Posts
    http://tecnobacon.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4591
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,153 Posts
    http://tecnobacon.com/content/split_downloads.html

After you get the main download and a patch get a random texture pack, low res UI from the tecnobacon website and some painkillers from your local drug store if you're not into a crazy Russian Roguelike-ish playstyle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #4592
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,331 Posts
    Conflicting files, I assume.

Edited:

IMO the file problem is X-Ray's biggest flaw; at the smallest error it goes "Shit's fucked! Complain to Sergei!" then crashes straight away. If kept on running, but not perform any scripts with errors it could be much more flexible to edit and find out what's wrong.
    It's a lot easier to figure out what's wrong when it crashes the instant something goes wrong, rather than let the errors run quiet, accumulate then crash a while later.

Edited:

It's easier for the end user of a mod if it doesn't crash immediately, since minor errors would simply be ignored, and thus they wouldn't have to sit on their hands and wait for the mod maker to fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

33. Post #4593
    September 2009
    2,081 Posts
    someone should do something with the limansk map from CS.

different building could be different HQs for factions. there'd be shitloads of territory control and fights.
    maybe port it into CoP or something

34. Post #4594
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    Fuck yeah, my friend just gifted me Clear Sky!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

35. Post #4595
    May 2011
    3,887 Posts
    Fuck yeah, my friend just gifted me Clear Sky!
    install SPARTAN 11:11 for first playthrough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4596
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    Making great progress with NS.
    So far any versions CTD-d as soon as I launched the game.
    But tonight, thanks to Tecnobacon's soup, I could at last see the loading screen.

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 001B:01107CB5, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

37. Post #4597
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,436 Posts
    That tells us nothing. It automatically copies the actual error to your clipboard, paste it here after you crash.

38. Post #4598
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    A lot of times for me when STALKER crashes the log file's just completely empty. Doesn't help much.

39. Post #4599
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,729 Posts
    Did ShoC ever have upgrades in it? Is there a mod that can do it?

40. Post #4600
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Did ShoC ever have upgrades in it? Is there a mod that can do it?
    nop