1. Post #681
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    Just beat CS and wow the hit detection was horrible, I though SoC was bad but ok and manageable and couldn't get any worse but CS proved me wrong, had to get a mod so it worked properly (don't come kill me for using a mod for a first play through ) Still a great game though. (Please tell me the hit detection in CoP is better)

Had this awesome moment where me and Freedom where fighting Mercs at a base of theirs and one of the mercs who was on a ledge jumped over the cover he was using as we were shooting at him and starting just firing everywhere with his gun at us like he was Rambo. So I shot him in the stomach and he gets his left hand and put's it over where I shot him and with his right hand continues firing at us with one hand So after shooting at him again a couple of times he slowly tipped over and fell off the building while still firing. Made me feel bad for killing him, god damn he didn't give up.
    Wounded animations make stalkers invincible while they're lasting. It's the reason behind the CS Bulletsponge Effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,096 Posts
    I don't know if people have seen them already, but some of the cut conversations between Duty and Freedom on this page are utterly hilarious.
    "Duty: Fellas? Let's drink to honour our brave volunteers who are taking readings in some of the zones most dangerous areas for the good of our scientific progress.
    Freedom: If your volunteers drink as much as you do, I can only imagine the readings the scientists are getting."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,552 Posts
    "Duty: Fellas? Let's drink to honour our brave volunteers who are taking readings in some of the zones most dangerous areas for the good of our scientific progress.
    Freedom: If your volunteers drink as much as you do, I can only imagine the readings the scientists are getting."
    Freedom: People, you know how the scientists came to choose our boys to take Anomaly measurements? They actually went to Shulga first and said to him: "There's a job that needs doing for the benefit of science." And he said: "No problem, who do I have to execute?"
    Duty: Yes, I can imagine the readings the scientists are getting - Air samples: 100% smoke. Water samples: 100% vodka. And idiotic laughter on all sound frequencies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

4. Post #684
    April 2011
    1,386 Posts
    What happened to that pony fanfic dramatic reading anyways?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #685
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,686 Posts
    Freedom: People, you know how the scientists came to choose our boys to take Anomaly measurements? They actually went to Shulga first and said to him: "There's a job that needs doing for the benefit of science." And he said: "No problem, who do I have to execute?"
    Duty: Yes, I can imagine the readings the scientists are getting - Air samples: 100% smoke. Water samples: 100% vodka. And idiotic laughter on all sound frequencies.
    that one is stellar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #686
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,705 Posts
    Last time somebody nearly did that all the Russian STALKER forums formed a rebellion and Joe had to publically correct that several times to avoid shitstorm.
    You mean the fic by the same guy who did that "Degty in Equestia" shitfest?

Edited:

by shitfest I mean "creative work that could benefit from constructive criticism"
    Yes, because I found it hilarious. I think we can all benefit from using that name. Also, did anyone ever post that story on the GSC or any other STALKER forums? I'd love to see the reactions to that shit.

I'm wondering this too. We had like three guys doing it and then it just disappeared with the last blowout.

Just beat CS and wow the hit detection was horrible, I though SoC was bad but ok and manageable and couldn't get any worse but CS proved me wrong, had to get a mod so it worked properly (don't come kill me for using a mod for a first play through ) Still a great game though. (Please tell me the hit detection in CoP is better)

Had this awesome moment where me and Freedom where fighting Mercs at a base of theirs and one of the mercs who was on a ledge jumped over the cover he was using as we were shooting at him and starting just firing everywhere with his gun at us like he was Rambo. So I shot him in the stomach and he gets his left hand and put's it over where I shot him and with his right hand continues firing at us with one hand So after shooting at him again a couple of times he slowly tipped over and fell off the building while still firing. Made me feel bad for killing him, god damn he didn't give up.
    That's because Mercs are just that cool. Really, they never give up fighting, even if they've been fatally shot, they'll keep shooting until they're dead on the ground. Gotta respect that. Gangsta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    I can always pull one out. Nobody did Chapter 4 yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,552 Posts
    I'm wondering this too. We had like three guys doing it and then it just disappeared with the last blowout.
    one of them beat himself to death with his own mic, one lapsed into a coma, and the last was throttled by his own small intestine in a desperate attempt to save his brain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #689
    November 2010
    2,604 Posts
    I can always pull one out. Nobody did Chapter 4 yet.
    Please tell me you're going to make it into a youtube video, spiced with appropriate S.T.A.L.K.E.R ambience and all ?

Maybe take footage from a campfire posse and edit it in a way that it'd seem that the stalkers are telling the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,552 Posts
    Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you. Heh. I guess I should just post it but stick it into a quote box?
    As I said I was trying a strange style of writing, maybe it will seem normal to others but here you go. I've not got that much written out yet.
    As a first person monologue it isn't bad, and feels quite natural. There's a few grammatical problems and flow is a bit iffy in places, but it feels real, if not immersive. Planning on writing more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #691
    Bionic Disabled Girl Railing Officer
    August 2009
    4,394 Posts
    I like how in SGM your mental health can deteriorate, after all it makes sense when you sit in a boiler anomalie for twenty minutes looking for some unknown artifact for some doctor asshole and it turns out the normal looking rock to your left was actually a backpack.

12. Post #692
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    Please tell me you're going to make it into a youtube video, spiced with appropriate S.T.A.L.K.E.R ambience and all ?

Maybe take footage from a campfire posse and edit it in a way that it'd seem that the stalkers are telling the story.
    I guess I could do a compilation if I manage to finish a few more chapters, but for now I'm only going to put my sound files on Soundcloud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,705 Posts
    one of them beat himself to death with his own mic, one lapsed into a coma, and the last was throttled by his own small intestine in a desperate attempt to save his brain.
    C-C-Controller! It's so sad to see such young lives claimed by the Zone. I don't think we have sufficient psy-protection for that anomaly. Let's drink to them.

This is a great idea, and it should be done. I'm pretty sure there was a video lying around that was over ten minutes long and just had a bunch of stalkers sitting around that campfire in that barn in the village south of the Army Warehouses where Skull and his gang originally were.

14. Post #694
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,552 Posts
    when I was a rookie stalker and the sun was going do-owwn
    the bandits and the mutants they would always make me fro-owwn
    I'd hide in the rookie village
    from what I thought I say
    but Wolf he said that wasn't the way to deal with things at all
    he said Rookie, you gotta keep your cool, learn to shoot your fears
    you'll find that they can't hurt you with shotgun slugs between their ears
    just bang! bang! bang!
    so blast at those bloodsuckers
    snipe those army fuckers
    fill bandits with hot lead
    leave boars and flesh for dead
    ventilate those stuck up mercs
    mow down those mon'lith jerks
    I apologise for the contents of this post profusely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #695
    November 2010
    2,604 Posts
    I like how in SGM your mental health can deteriorate, after all it makes sense when you sit in a boiler anomalie for twenty minutes looking for some unknown artifact for some doctor asshole and it turns out the normal looking rock to your left was actually a backpack.

Speaking of health, what'd everyone think if GSC introduced an RPG-like system to the health that your maximum health/stamina/psy-resistance could slightly increase / decrease based on what you eat, how much you sleep and how much get injured and are exposed to radiation ?

Nothing too blatant but I'd like that eating contaminated / spoiled foodstuffs and swimming in radiation would take it's toll on your body after a while. Considering Call of Pripyat (and S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 as well probably) was geared towards freeplay and taking your time with the game just for adventuring with STALKERbros instead of a rush toward your objectives I think it'd be a pretty neat gameplay feature.

You could also make the campfires useful when eating cooked food regularly would not only give better satiety, it'd also slowly heal your system of harmful chemicals and radiation and over time boost your max health / stamina a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    I'd like to see the upgrade feature revamped. No mechanics. Instead as a stalker you should find the manual for the gun, then find/buy the parts that you want to modify and start working on them. Usually in safe areas since disassembling the gun would just delete the weapon and spawn all the parts in your inventory. I think there could be a workshop table in safe areas for this.

Now, some traders like Duty could have higher quality receivers or barrels, maybe springs for AK variants. Freedom could have stuff for NATO weapons and neutral Stalker traders would have a little bit of everything but not with consistency. Finding the manual is one thing and you'd have to buy the information for it's location or buy it from the trader straight away, similar to how Owl worked in CoP.

Now, it'd also tell you what combinations would give what effects, like for example new spring and new receiver would increase wear but new spring and new barrel would increase accuracy and decrease recoil. It wouldn't all be as simple as replacing all parts, making you read the manuals to understand your shit but I think it'd give a living fuckton more to do for Stalker 2. If you're bored and don't know what to do...

Go scavenge parts and upgrade it. The information for the manual and parts costs much less than the final modified gun you build by yourself. It could work as a way to make money, too. Be a weapon pimp!

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #698
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,350 Posts
    I'd like to see the upgrade feature revamped. No mechanics. Instead as a stalker you should find the manual for the gun, then find/buy the parts that you want to modify and start working on them. Usually in safe areas since disassembling the gun would just delete the weapon and spawn all the parts in your inventory. I think there could be a workshop table in safe areas for this.

Now, some traders like Duty could have higher quality receivers or barrels, maybe springs for AK variants. Freedom could have stuff for NATO weapons and neutral Stalker traders would have a little bit of everything but not with consistency. Finding the manual is one thing and you'd have to buy the information for it's location or buy it from the trader straight away, similar to how Owl worked in CoP.

Now, it'd also tell you what combinations would give what effects, like for example new spring and new receiver would increase wear but new spring and new barrel would increase accuracy and decrease recoil. It wouldn't all be as simple as replacing all parts, making you read the manuals to understand your shit but I think it'd give a living fuckton more to do for Stalker 2. If you're bored and don't know what to do...

Go scavenge parts and upgrade it. The information for the manual and parts costs much less than the final modified gun you build by yourself. It could work as a way to make money, too. Be a weapon pimp!
    I'd rather it be an exploded view of the weapon and you place the upgraded or new parts. It should allow you to change individual parts of the weapon, like if you fire a few thousand rounds, you will need a new barrel, or if you use higher pressure rounds like +p+ rounds, you'd need to replace the recoil springs. It would reduce the cost of repairing. But for those that do not want such a system, there should be a setting to go to old style repairs and upgrades. If the feature is on, the mechanics just work as salesmen for parts.

20. Post #700
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    I'd rather it be an exploded view of the weapon and you place the upgraded or new parts. It should allow you to change individual parts of the weapon, like if you fire a few thousand rounds, you will need a new barrel, or if you use higher pressure rounds like +p+ rounds, you'd need to replace the recoil springs. It would reduce the cost of repairing. But for those that do not want such a system, there should be a setting to go to old style repairs and upgrades. If the feature is on, the mechanics just work as salesmen for parts.
    Good idea, players always love to have choices. I also think it could be possible to have an SGM-ish weapon dismantling system. You can grab guns you find on the field and dismantle them in said exploded view to see if there's decently maintained parts. Even if it's at 50% condition it doesn't mean every single part is there. I reckon it's just the middle value of all parts combined, so maybe the dust cover or spring is still good, the barrel is just fucked.

More often than not, though, you'll probably find just 30% condition parts of the ones you'd like to have.

If you do choose to mod yourself, maybe you could find parts, repair them yourself and then hand them to the technician who could modify them to higher quality parts. For example, make a 100% condition AK spring you found from a bandit's gun a few spins longer, increasing flatness on the gun and decreasing recoil (just an example armchair gun experts dont kill me)

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,705 Posts
    Your song, it inspires me to become real stalker man and shoot mutant.

Nothing too blatant but I'd like that eating contaminated / spoiled foodstuffs and swimming in radiation would take it's toll on your body after a while.
    You know what I always found odd? In Pripyat's school, I could eat a half-eaten diet sausage that's been there who knows how long and not suffer any negative side effects. It was like a magical sausage or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    You know what I always found odd? In Pripyat's school, I could eat a half-eaten diet sausage that's been there who knows how long and not suffer any negative side effects. It was like a magical sausage or something.
    When Slavs smoke their sausages they smoke them so hard they last longer than the Egyptian mummies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    Is there an Atmosfear 3 patch for SGM 2.1?

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,006 Posts
    does anyone know anything about a "stalker: chernobyl 2015"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,350 Posts
    Is there an Atmosfear 3 patch for SGM 2.1?
    Yes. go to the GSC forums for CoP and then the mod section, SGM is stickied at the top.

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    Welp, Redux causes CoP to crash every 5 minutes in Zaton.

so sad

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    does anyone know anything about a "stalker: chernobyl 2015"?
    Nope. Where did you heard of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,552 Posts
    Welp, Redux causes CoP to crash every 5 minutes in Zaton.

so sad
    1.05b patch installed?

copy-paste the bug report here so we can help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,081 Posts
    What is up with SGM 2.1 and iron sights? like the AK74U or the LR-300? They just use the front sight to aim. I probably shouldn't be bitching, but its killing the atmosphere for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,235 Posts
    I liked it. A few parts got a little dry and it took some willpower to keep reading, but it was still fine. Also, I'm thinking the dates should be fixed a little bit. It wouldn't really take four months to learn about STALKERS, the Zone, and all that. Also, if you were writing it as if there were updates between those two dates, wouldn't it make more sense to act as if the STALKERS, Zone, factions, artifacts, etc. were all already explained?

Anyways, fine job
    I'm guessing I didn't make it clear. The top half is in the future to the 5th Febuary part. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #711
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    1,016 Posts
    I tried out Pripyatan today. Will someone explain why the snorks were flying?

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Fleing snorsks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #713
    April 2011
    612 Posts
    So I got the freeplay mod and such and I had one hell of a time.

My first start was a monolith soldier, and his name (by my brothers request) was
    get ready for this
    Faggotron.

So I went downstairs to get Faggotron a job from Charon, but had a bitch of a time trying to find him. I did a few quests killing some stalkers around the red forest but got bored of running from Pripyat and back just to get 5k. I decided to make a new character, by the name of Simon Petrikov, a Merc, and see what it was like to do hits for money.

I started with what turned out to be the hardest hit, killing Petrenko. I assulted Rostok with nothing more than a regular assault rifle and a pistol. I quickly lured out nearby stalkers and duty members and eventually found myself at Duty's base. I found a nice spot behind some sandbags and started to fire away. Kill after kill, I finally managed to get Petrenko out of his damned spot and put one in his brain. A long sprint back and I got my hard earned 7000. I went for a few stalkers and a bandit, but nothing was weirder than killing Kruglov.

I went to Rostok and poked about, until some guys started firing at me. I turned and shot back, but was very startled at who I was fighting.
    Somehow, Monolith soldiers had made it to the bar.
    I pushed pass the squad and went into the wild, and from there to yantar. I sniped Kruglov from a hill and ran all the way back home.
    I eventually got all the hits, and I supposed I won as a Merc.

I started a new freeplay, and went Ecologist that time around.
    I started off and saw, to my horror, a dead Kruglov right outside the base.

I guess now that every freeplay I start it somehow connects with another. As a merc, I saw a monolith squad in Rostok, so as a monolith, I should expand the faction pretty deep into the zone.
    As a merc, I shot Kruglov right outside the scientist's base, and when I went Ecologist, he was dead when I made it outside.
    Crazy stuff man

34. Post #714
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    What is up with SGM 2.1 and iron sights? like the AK74U or the LR-300? They just use the front sight to aim. I probably shouldn't be bitching, but its killing the atmosphere for me.
    I'm all for doing that on weapons like an M16 or a SPAS-12. Hate those kind of rear sights.

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,081 Posts
    I'm all for doing that on weapons like an M16 or a SPAS-12. Hate those kind of rear sights.
    Yeah, for some people its definitively better to have those sights, but I'm a stickler for gun accuracy in STALKER. I've fired AR-15's IRL and am used to the iron sights.

Maybe they could come up with an option for it?

36. Post #716
    November 2010
    2,604 Posts
    Yeah, for some people its definitively better to have those sights, but I'm a stickler for gun accuracy in STALKER. I've fired AR-15's IRL and am used to the iron sights.

Maybe they could come up with an option for it?
    I don't know what weapons were fixed by him so far but our friend "Gum" here on FP has made some ironsight fixes for the SGM 2.0 weapons : http://www.mediafire.com/?pbrxbjid8b5h65g

Honestly the only thing I miss about gamepads was the option to have a button behave differently depending if it's pressed lightly or hard. Pressing the RMB lightly would bring the gun to your shoulder were you'd be able to aim down the barrel quickly like soldiers are taught to do in CQB situations like room clearing and such.

Wait, what?!The progress of previous Freeplay playthroughs gets saved and is used in next playthrough?
    Negative. It was a coincidence.

37. Post #717
    September 2011
    172 Posts
    So I got the freeplay mod and such and I had one hell of a time.

My first start was a monolith soldier, and his name (by my brothers request) was
    get ready for this
    Faggotron.

So I went downstairs to get Faggotron a job from Charon, but had a bitch of a time trying to find him. I did a few quests killing some stalkers around the red forest but got bored of running from Pripyat and back just to get 5k. I decided to make a new character, by the name of Simon Petrikov, a Merc, and see what it was like to do hits for money.

I started with what turned out to be the hardest hit, killing Petrenko. I assulted Rostok with nothing more than a regular assault rifle and a pistol. I quickly lured out nearby stalkers and duty members and eventually found myself at Duty's base. I found a nice spot behind some sandbags and started to fire away. Kill after kill, I finally managed to get Petrenko out of his damned spot and put one in his brain. A long sprint back and I got my hard earned 7000. I went for a few stalkers and a bandit, but nothing was weirder than killing Kruglov.

I went to Rostok and poked about, until some guys started firing at me. I turned and shot back, but was very startled at who I was fighting.
    Somehow, Monolith soldiers had made it to the bar.
    I pushed pass the squad and went into the wild, and from there to yantar. I sniped Kruglov from a hill and ran all the way back home.
    I eventually got all the hits, and I supposed I won as a Merc.

I started a new freeplay, and went Ecologist that time around.
    I started off and saw, to my horror, a dead Kruglov right outside the base.

I guess now that every freeplay I start it somehow connects with another. As a merc, I saw a monolith squad in Rostok, so as a monolith, I should expand the faction pretty deep into the zone.
    As a merc, I shot Kruglov right outside the scientist's base, and when I went Ecologist, he was dead when I made it outside.
    Crazy stuff man
    Wait, what?!The progress of previous Freeplay playthroughs gets saved and is used in next playthrough?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    609 Posts
    Just found Awl's body.
    Poor Petruha is all alone now :(
    (In case you are wondering they are the Boiler Bros)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,235 Posts
    I think you'll find it's just coincedence. All NPC locations after spawns, along with bodies and such are saved in the Savefile. If he's starting a new game it can't read the current locations and bodys and states of enemies, unless the game itself changes the files as it goes along which from what I'm aware isn't possible to that degree. And if it did, how would you revert you'd have to reinstall the mod from scratch everytime you wanted a new game if you didn't want it all to be left as you left it when another person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #720
    September 2011
    172 Posts
    I think you'll find it's just coincedence. All NPC locations after spawns, along with bodies and such are saved in the Savefile. If he's starting a new game it can't read the current locations and bodys and states of enemies, unless the game itself changes the files as it goes along which from what I'm aware isn't possible to that degree. And if it did, how would you revert you'd have to reinstall the mod from scratch everytime you wanted a new game if you didn't want it all to be left as you left it when another person.
    I was thinking the same, but his post got me hyped up. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events