1. Post #2201
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,245 Posts
    send your extra 8gb to me so i have 16gb, maybe the SDK won't crash when i try to compile levels when running anything in the background anymore

your donation helps the cause!
    Do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

2. Post #2202
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,173 Posts
    Silly Beacon, why don't you have a separate work station already? :P I have mine. I have my gaming rig and then a rig for 3D Models and rendering. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,051 Posts
    How can you guys even afford two strong computers to begin with? Having a decent computer in here is considered an extreme luxury. Don't even get me started on the PS3, you're pretty much considered rich if you have one and more than five games for the thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,173 Posts
    Working 2 jobs adds up. I dunno about you. Where you from?

5. Post #2205
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,789 Posts
    The SLIGHTLY SHORTER third part.

[h2]The Scientist’s Bunker, Yanov[/h2]

[My translator and I sit inside the heavy bolted door to the bunker, the rain outside making subtle noises against the bunker’s metal hull. Once we are decontaminated, Professor Sarkglov greets us inside. He has not stepped out of his SSP-99M Ecologist combat suit, and a large calibre rifle is slung on his back.]

I hope you don’t mind if I don’t take off my helmet. It’s just, the suit’s closed-cycle and all, and it’d take an hour or so to sort out air and such, and I’m just about to leave.

No, no, I’m fine.

Good, good.

So tell me about your role here in the Zone.

As you already know, I am one of the head researchers of the Ecologists. Lucky for me, I don’t have to stand around doing nothing all day; I’ve got a job diving into anomalies, retrieving artifacts, occasionally taking out Stalkers that are making our jobs difficult.

You kill Stalkers?

Not always. Sometimes it’s just idiots getting drunk and bending a stop sign into an anomaly, and that can make a really big difference for chemical composition and such.
    Other times though, it’s bandits kicking Stalkers they’ve looted into them. I’m sure you have a rough idea how many chemicals, strains of bacteria, and things capable of being magnetised are in or on a fully equipped Stalker’s dead body, don’t you?

Well, here’s a clue: a lot. Not just bacteria and chemicals that can screw around with a Fruit Punch and other gaseous anomalies, but if it’s a fiery one the gear can get superheated and produce anything from a boiling liquid to a blistering cloud of plasmatic gas. Obviously, both these things can make my job a lot harder.

One of the other professors even has a theory that some of those corrosive anomalies used to just be fiery ones, then a load of asshats tripped up near them and all the shit they were carrying turned into gas from the heat. Then the fiery one gradually faded away like a scab falling off, leaving just the “naturally” formed gasses. Personally I don’t buy it, but it’s an interesting theory nonetheless.

Anomalies can fade away?

Oh yeah. Happens worryingly fast. That’s why I was urging the government to step in an hire people to grab the artifacts before something unpredicted happens and they all turn into jelly or something.

Is the Zone really that unpredictable?

Well, here’s an idea of how bad it can get: you know the area around Zaton? There’s an anomaly there, people call it “Claw”. Clustered with gravitational anomalies and medium tier artifacts. They call it Claw because, with all the anomalies, the ground’s sort of… come up, in the shape of a claw, like the Zone is reaching up to the heavens and saying “TAKE ME THERE.”
    One day I was on my way there, when I noticed something stuck in the ground. It was a Snork, thrashing at me, snapping its crooked chompers when I poked it with my rifle. I put a bullet in its brain, as you do, when I noticed the cliff patterns were looking awful familiar.
    Now, I don’t receive enough funding to get one of those fancy PDAs some Stalkers have. All I had was my maps, so don’t hold me to this. I didn’t even tell anyone in my report, I doubt myself so much.
    But I was standing exactly where the Claw should have been. The land was normal, flat, healed. My Veles detector wasn’t beeping or anything.

The anomalies had disappeared, and the ground had fallen in from beneath them. There was a Snork nest near there – it must have been caught trying to eat some Stalkers, who I can only hope avoided being buried alive.

[Several gunshots are heard through the door, followed by a loud roar. Sarkglov gets up from his makeshift seat and steps towards the door.]

Well, I guess that’s as good a time to leave as any. I’ll be in the Jupiter Plant if you need me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #2206
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,608 Posts
    Silly Beacon, why don't you have a separate work station already? :P I have mine. I have my gaming rig and then a rig for 3D Models and rendering. :D
    well my PC serves the purpose just fine and I can't afford a second one :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,173 Posts
    well my PC serves the purpose just fine and I can't afford a second one :P
    Fair enough. :P If I ever get a nice paycheque from my 3D anytime soon. I'll be sure to get you something nice. :P

8. Post #2208
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,608 Posts
    The SLIGHTLY SHORTER third part.
    who's sarkglov?

9. Post #2209
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,789 Posts
    who's sarkglov?
    I prefer to make new dudes, so I won't fuck up a character. I can guarantee that all your favorites will be included, however.

10. Post #2210
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,547 Posts
    I prefer to make new dudes, so I won't fuck up a character. I can guarantee that all your favorites will be included, however.
    Sakharov + Kruglov = Sarkglov.

Edited:

close enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2211
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,051 Posts
    Sakharov + Kruglov = Sarkglov.

Edited:

close enough
    Оригинал Чарацтер до нот стеал.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #2212
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    OGSE crashed without a bug report and even ctrl+v gives me nothing.
    Even the engine couldn't understand why it crashed

The game itself has been fucking amazing, it really is like a perfected AMK or vanilla 2.0 which, I may add, is the title that Complete unrighteously took for itself. I passed Agroprom which was frustrating as fuck until I realized I could destroy the turrets with my 5.45 Groza. The military trader also supplied me with ample ammo so I could rape the squadron of exo zombies with SPAS-12's. As the horde of boars surrounded me and a random rookie, I climbed on a fallen tree trunk, pulled out an AS VAL from a stash and sprayed those fucknuggets down.

The stashes are amazing; I keep finding shit like Ecologist SSP-99, Urchin, 9x39 guns, tons of artefacts, special ammunition and customized weaponry.
    Problem is that getting ammo is a problem. 5.45 does not penetrate an exoskeleton and I had to win an arena round with just a knife since my shotgun ammunition did not penetrate the enemy stalker's suit. Doesn't matter much, though, as I have about 13 000 roubles and am about to go to X-18. If my fps wasn't already compromised at certain points, I'd stream it.

Actually, I want to test my streaming capabilities. Which software should I use to stream X-18 in OGSE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #2213
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,219 Posts
    I want my 2 PDAs back! Damn bastard won't give me my PDAs...

Now i have to withness those good Monoliths suffer from Emissions, without a shelter or protection...

Shame on me. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,547 Posts
    I want my 2 PDAs back! Damn bastard won't give me my PDAs...

Now i have to withness those good Monoliths suffer from Emissions, without a shelter or protection...

Shame on me. :(
    If you're saying what I think you're saying, then it's all right, because they have an emission shelter.

So who did you give the PDAs to?

15. Post #2215
    July 2009
    993 Posts
    sorry for asking this but does anyone have a link for SGM 2.1? the link the OP only has the 2.0 version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

16. Post #2216
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    sorry for asking this but does anyone have a link for SGM 2.1? the link the OP only has the 2.0 version
    Blackbyte again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2217
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,006 Posts
    http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...5178&sec_id=19
    Blackbyte again.
    He's only got 2.0 on his site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2218
    July 2009
    993 Posts
    thanks bra. should i DL all the SGM 2.1 related links on those posts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

19. Post #2219
    May 2010
    923 Posts
    thanks bra. should i DL all the SGM 2.1 related links on those posts?
    Just the main mod, patch and translation. The other files are optional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #2220
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    send your extra 8gb to me so i have 16gb, maybe the SDK won't crash when i try to compile levels when running anything in the background anymore

your donation helps the cause!
    Fuck no, I need it for ARMA 2.
    Making epic battles 'n' shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

21. Post #2221
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,608 Posts
    i have a feeling arma 2 doesn't need 16gb of ram

22. Post #2222
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,547 Posts
    How do you change weapon sway in CoP? The ridiculous amount of it in Swartz's Mod is starting to put me off.

23. Post #2223
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,249 Posts
    as long as you play under the max resolution with 4 gigs you are good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

24. Post #2224
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,173 Posts
    Not to mention that ArmA has horrible Memory leak issues.

25. Post #2225
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,006 Posts
    Everything seems to have memory leak issues nowadays :/
    Caught Chrome using 1gb of memory with 5 tabs open recently, that was a shock.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how I can open the boot of the car at Cordon in OGSE, the free, white one at the village with a door missing? I've got a button bound to turn on/open boot, but it doesn't open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

26. Post #2226
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,708 Posts
    Оригинал Чарацтер до нот стеал.
    "The original charter to steal music"

Damn it google.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2227
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,109 Posts
    Everything seems to have memory leak issues nowadays :/
    Caught Chrome using 1gb of memory with 5 tabs open recently, that was a shock.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how I can open the boot of the car at Cordon in OGSE, the free, white one at the village with a door missing? I've got a button bound to turn on/open boot, but it doesn't open.
    Press tab when behind it

28. Post #2228
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    I have a feeling that 1000 A.I's need every bit of power I can give.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2229
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,608 Posts
    I have a feeling that 1000 A.I's need every bit of power I can give.
    except it's likely your CPU is bottlenecking you meaning the RAM is useless

30. Post #2230
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,025 Posts
    If you're saying what I think you're saying, then it's all right, because they have an emission shelter.

I gave mine to Duty, I really wanted a Tunder :smith:

31. Post #2231
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,547 Posts
    I gave mine to Duty, I really wanted a Tunder :smith:
    If your Tunder related wishes are still unfulfilled, there's one stashed    in a house in Kopachy   

32. Post #2232
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,006 Posts
    Press tab when behind it
    Didn't work, just opened my own inventory :/

33. Post #2233
    October 2005
    7,109 Posts
    Didn't work, just opened my own inventory :/
    I just left all my keys at default and it worked fine for me, so.. vv

34. Post #2234
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,219 Posts

Fuck that Owl bastard. Every info costs RU!

I restarted a new game. It's pretty frustrating to keep up with my previous progress.

And where can i find the A Key to open the container?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

35. Post #2235
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,547 Posts
    Fuck that Owl bastard. Every info costs RU!

I restarted a new game. It's pretty frustrating to keep up with my previous progress.

And where can i find the A Key to open the container?
    One is in the 4x4 at the rear of the convoy, the other is in the 4x4 that's fallen off the bridge.

36. Post #2236
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,219 Posts
    One is in the 4x4 at the rear of the convoy, the other is in the 4x4 that's fallen off the bridge.

Working as a team...

These 7 Duties and Freedoms were attacked by a bunch of Bloodsuckers (3-4) outside Yanov.
    After clearing the area, they were afraid of something. They just kept rushing their breaths...
    As the sky went red and dark... a dozen of Mercenaries appeared out of nowhere... killing all the Duties and Freedoms, plus Major Alexander Degtyarev..

And i reloaded my save, those Mercs refused to show up... Gods know why...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

37. Post #2237
    October 2005
    7,109 Posts
    So I've been replacing music in Call of Pripyat. It's amazing how wide of a variety of things you can put in the game and have it still 'fit'

38. Post #2238
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,006 Posts
    I just left all my keys at default and it worked fine for me, so.. vv
    That's probably why :/
    I'm guessing the installer couldn't assign certain keys since I was using them. Bollocks, I hope I don't have to reinstall to bind them correctly. Time to do some digging in OGSE's files.

Edited:

I don't understand why those keys can't be changed in the configuring program.

Edited:

Deleted my own user.ltx, reinstalled the mod, solved the problem. Now to find how to bind it to a different button; I refuse to use anything other than my own control scheme.

39. Post #2239
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,692 Posts
    OSGE is pretty damn fun. I haven't died this much since I first started playing STALKER and didn't realize how radiation and anomalies worked. It lags a bit more than I would have hoped, but I'm definitely enjoying it. However, is there a way to reduce that lag?

40. Post #2240
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Expression : fatal error
    Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
    File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engi ne.cpp
    Line : 73
    Description : <no expression>
    Arguments : LUA error: ...dow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\bar_dialogs.script:7: C stack overflow

and it crashed again
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events